Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431033 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3082: Oct 01, 2022 05:07:37 pm
      Needs to let go of the past and start really picking the best team and subs.

Milner & Trent both do not deserve to be playing for us right now based on their form.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #3083: Oct 01, 2022 05:12:05 pm
      Team is low on confidence, and its hard to turn a trend. We need to keep things simple and get couple of wins to build a momentum.

Would be difficult now since we have some difficult games coming up.

JK is a brilliant coach but he can only play the players he have. I don't think JK got backed this summer, and Darwin is a moneyball signing. That's why jk was bit annoyed in the end.

ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #3084: Oct 01, 2022 05:31:07 pm
      Team is low on confidence, and its hard to turn a trend. We need to keep things simple and get couple of wins to build a momentum.

Would be difficult now since we have some difficult games coming up.

JK is a brilliant coach but he can only play the players he have. I don't think JK got backed this summer, and Darwin is a moneyball signing. That's why jk was bit annoyed in the end.

He is struggling to motivate the players right now but he also struggled for a few months in the 2020-2021 season when we lost six in a row at home. Not sure if the summer is the only factor at play here
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3085: Oct 01, 2022 05:51:02 pm
      He is struggling to motivate the players right now but he also struggled for a few months in the 2020-2021 season when we lost six in a row at home. Not sure if the summer is the only factor at play here

Summer is a non factor. These players are individually and collectively playing like absolute sh*t. It’s like someone placed kryptonite under Trent’s pillow and he doesn’t know it yet because he’s been horrendous defensively. Van Dijk making elementary mistakes has nothing to do with the summer. Salah forgetting how to score has nothing to do with the summer. Fabinho unable to recover a ball has nothing to do with the summer. Our best players are still here and the answer lies in the mirror and with Jürgen and his staff.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3086: Oct 01, 2022 05:59:44 pm
      Jürgen needs to show ruthlessness with some of these players because they need a strong message from him that these performances are not tolerated.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3087: Oct 01, 2022 06:23:34 pm
      Come on Jürgen show us what you made of, the axe needs useing
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3088: Oct 01, 2022 07:05:36 pm
      Come on Jürgen show us what you made of, the axe needs useing

he could start with leaving Milner at home unless he is sending FSG a message of looking at what he has to work with
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #3089: Oct 01, 2022 07:10:45 pm
      he could start with leaving Milner at home unless he is sending FSG a message of looking at what he has to work with

Jürgen agreed to extend Milner this summer when he was out of contract. Let’s not forget that.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #3090: Oct 01, 2022 07:11:54 pm
      You don't throw a brick through your own window to justify a new piece of glass!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3091: Oct 01, 2022 08:21:08 pm
      Jürgen needs to show ruthlessness with some of these players because they need a strong message from him that these performances are not tolerated.

Exactly this and it is obvious.

Klopp has allowed the players to act like this. We went cap in hand to Salah's holiday den and begged him to sign a new contract on whatever money he wants, and to emphasise the point Klopp plays him every game regardless of his attitude. Trent is living the life of a celebrity after being crowned the one and only "scouser" and doesn't care what he does on the pitch.  Klopp plays him every game regardless of his attitude.

The two need to be dropped and until they are no one else will bother because everyone can see that Klopp is not bothered.

The only players who look like they want to play are Diaz, Alisson, and Matip (not including Eliott and Carvalho who are too young and new)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3092: Oct 01, 2022 08:32:18 pm
      Klopp and his team need to improve.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3093: Oct 01, 2022 08:42:20 pm
      Jürgen has to take some blame here.

He called Trent the best right back in the world. That's got to his head.

The 433 is broken.

Salah not being dropped is criminal.

Milner playing is criminal.

I still blame the owners for most of this mess but Jürgen needs to corner some of the blame too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3094: Oct 01, 2022 08:49:32 pm
      Jürgen agreed to extend Milner this summer when he was out of contract. Let’s not forget that.

penny pinching again filling shirts on the cheap.
      Our spend has caught up with us as we have players like Hendo who are just burnt out after an intensive 6 or 7 years unde rJurgen
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #3095: Oct 01, 2022 09:30:01 pm
      Jürgen I love you, but when we are hopeless at defending can we introduce a mourinho shithousery tactic ???
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #3096: Oct 01, 2022 09:46:20 pm
      Klopp and his team need to improve.
      This is true:
      He shouldn't be wasting energy and time on the merit, or otherwise of whether TAA plays for England...it's a distraction we can do without. And this post match stuff about not knowing their setup..Regardless of their setup, it should be about us stamping our authority on the game. Brighton are a decent side, but you'd think he was talking about Real Madrid.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #3097: Oct 01, 2022 10:32:12 pm
      We aren't playing to our potential so Jürgen must take his share of the responsibility for that. My opinion but I think he's had a bad start as much as the players with a lot of questionable selection choices.and not much to change our fortunes even though we seem set in a predictable pattern. He's a humble guy so he'll be looking at himself as much as his players. Change doesn't necessarily involve dropping key players but it does mean internally trying to figure out why certain players have started the season so badly and working out what they need to regain form.

There is also an element of sh*t happens in all of this. Players are human and it's not always possible to establish with precise certainty why they sometimes drop off. If it was that mechanical it wouldn't be the game it is. That's where a lot of the frustration comes from.

Whilst the team should be performing better with the players at his disposal, I think it is also true you can reduce the odds of these bad turns happening if you have better quality to call upon, more depth in certain areas, new players pushing the established players to be on their game etc.

Crucially you have to anticipate the next step in your development and on that particular point only the most die hard of FSG cultists will contend that we have done that with the foresight needed to keep the squad fresh and dynamic in all departments.

It might not be such an issue were it not for the fact that all success is relative to what other teams are doing and several of them have done really well with their recruitment and have been on a long journey of their own which is now bearing fruit.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3098: Oct 02, 2022 08:07:58 am
      I think we need to see a change in tactics from Klopp in the coming weeks, not forever but just to negate the issues we have at the back.

There needs to be a change in formation in my opinion, one which will allow us to go into games with a clean sheet first mentality, it has gotten that bad at the back that unfortunately it is a must now. Perhaps when Konate is back fit we opt for three CB's or even have Gomez come in as a RCB with Trent further up the field, although he would ideally be benched before coming back into the fold.

Our back four are there for the tackling too often, this high line that worked for us so well previously is not doing the job this season, whether its because teams have sussed it out or the personnel are just not doing their jobs, it's not working. I would go for something like this maybe.

Ali

Matip  VVD  Konate

Gomez                                                  Tsmikas

Fab     

Thiago

Bobby                               Diaz

Salah                 

Alternatively, we could go like this for the front three.

Bobby

Jota                  Salah

Get some confidence back at the back and see how we do up front, with Salah through the middle and Bobby and Diaz not far behind him I think we could still get goals, Fab and Thiago working as a pairing makes us more compact also.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3099: Oct 02, 2022 09:07:18 am
      I think most of this is down to confidence.
      For some reason it’s shot.

You don’t almost win a quadruple and then next season turn crap because of a magical seventh season syndrome.

Klopp has turned a lot of 6/10 players into 9/10 players over the years but once that confidence ebbs you are left with a team of 6/10 players who are all a little older and have had injuries.

There are other issues at play but the team is better than it’s showing at the minute.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3100: Oct 02, 2022 10:46:58 am
      I think most of this is down to confidence.
      For some reason it’s shot.

You don’t almost win a quadruple and then next season turn crap because of a magical seventh season syndrome.

Klopp has turned a lot of 6/10 players into 9/10 players over the years but once that confidence ebbs you are left with a team of 6/10 players who are all a little older and have had injuries.

There are other issues at play but the team is better than it’s showing at the minute.

HOw can a team or squad which has had so much success lack confidence they know exactly what is needed to win so what the F**k is actually going on.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3101: Oct 02, 2022 10:57:38 am
      HOw can a team or squad which has had so much success lack confidence they know exactly what is needed to win so what the f**k is actually going on.

Not sure how many times I can keep telling you lot but always falls on deaf ears. It’s impossible for the team based on last years performance to start so badly other than it being fatigue and mentally drained from last years exploits.

You simply don’t become a bad side over nite is how I still see it. Granted you need two new midfielders but I’ve been saying that for nearly two seasons  now anyway.

I would be concerned about Trent though, I’ve never seen him play this bad since he put a Liverpool shirt on. What’s your thoughts on taking him out of defence and making him a attacking midfielder to see how he goes?  Can’t be any worse since majority of his mistakes are coming from the defensive side anyway.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3102: Oct 02, 2022 11:00:35 am
      HOw can a team or squad which has had so much success lack confidence they know exactly what is needed to win so what the f**k is actually going on.
      That’s the problem, they’ve won it all now, they’re just picking up pay checks right now, with zero desire… and we can’t forget players aren’t loyal to clubs these days, a lot of them are probably thinking about what country their next trophy can come from.

It’s why you always need to be bringing in new, young raw talent, who are hungry to fight and win trophies they haven’t had the honour of winning. It’s human nature that once you have everything you get bored. 
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3103: Oct 02, 2022 11:17:17 am
      Not sure how many times I can keep telling you lot but always falls on deaf ears. It’s impossible for the team based on last years performance to start so badly other than it being fatigue and mentally drained from last years exploits.

You simply don’t become a bad side over nite is how I still see it. Granted you need two new midfielders but I’ve been saying that for nearly two seasons  now anyway.

I would be concerned about Trent though, I’ve never seen him play this bad since he put a Liverpool shirt on. What’s your thoughts on taking him out of defence and making him a attacking midfielder to see how he goes?  Can’t be any worse since majority of his mistakes are coming from the defensive side anyway.

Well plenty have said fatigue, mental and physical plays a part. Also we haven't become a 'bad team' overnight or otherwise. Just not up to our usual standards. And those high standards set by any team can be lost within a short space of time. Success or failure at the highest level are very close buddies. The Prem is a cut throat league, drop off in form, take your eye off the ball, don't refresh the squad with the right quality and it can drastically affect the whole season.

The Trent in midfield has been discussed as you know. Bout 60-40 against it. I think it should be tried but we have no clue re Trent's attitude.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #3104: Oct 02, 2022 11:27:58 am
      Well plenty have said fatigue, mental and physical plays a part. Also we haven't become a 'bad team' overnight or otherwise. Just not up to our usual standards. And those high standards set by any team can be lost within a short space of time. Success or failure at the highest level are very close buddies. The Prem is a cut throat league, drop off in form, take your eye off the ball, don't refresh the squad with the right quality and it can drastically affect the whole season.

The Trent in midfield has been discussed as you know. Bout 60-40 against it. I think it should be tried but we have no clue re Trent's attitude.
      I'm still not buying the fatigue excuse: You are spot on with the fine lines between success and failure. It is because we are not a bad team that the frustrations are so loud about our form. Trent into midfield is worth experimenting with. He doesn't seem to be a defensive minded player, for all we know he could be as effective as SG in midfield ...as you say it might not appeal to him.

Quick Reply