Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 450907 times
      Aldo the best and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3910: Jan 15, 2023 05:57:29 pm
      Compared to City Arsenal have the most annoying arrogant fans. City are irrelevant

As I said too much time on social media!!

We don't give a F**k about Arsenal, we do F***ing hate mancs.

You don't get scousers or Liverpool do you?
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #3911: Jan 15, 2023 06:21:28 pm
      The coaching team have to take their share of blame.
      They need to switch up tactics or formation. We’ve been found out, this absolutely clear. Just about every team scores against us.
      We commit to many players forward and that high line we is just a travesty.
      To keep and keep on trying this way of playing now is absolute insanity. We can’t even retain any decent possession no more.

The coaching team or Klopp need to rectify this ASAP or they will need replacing.
      Now Klopp has more than enough credit in the bank for some sloppy results and with FSG net spend he’s already worked miracles, so I’m not calling for him to go. Hopefully he turns it around asap
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,022 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3912: Jan 15, 2023 08:20:39 pm
      Get that feeling.

He just hasn't been backed enough. Anyone saying otherwise is just chatting absolute sh*t. Nowhere near enough. Wouldn't blame him for f**king off. Just scared of who they get in if he does. They won the f**king lottery getting him

Better not tell PJ he hasn’t been backed.  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3913: Jan 15, 2023 09:17:50 pm
      I’m staggered that you actually believe Rafa is the answer

Likewise.

Honestly I can just about understand him thinking Jürgen is done here, whilst I totally disagree, but to think Rafa is the answer is lunacy
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,156 posts | 259 
      Reply #3914: Jan 16, 2023 06:10:38 am
      Some weird things I can't manage to throw away out of my head,

JK is well known as one who very much loyal to his player, but he under-estimated the important of Gini Wijnaldum.
      He keep rarely available player like Ox and Keita, and even worst get the sh*t like Arthur in while dismissed the value of a rarely injure and definitely good skillful and best attitude like Gini, strange decision!

People might point out that what is Gini doing now, of course he was missing since left us but who know if he stay here with proper contract that showing respect to him then what benefit to the club he absolutely established instead of some dead body in our current squad.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3915: Jan 16, 2023 10:42:54 am
      Compared to City Arsenal have the most annoying arrogant fans. City are irrelevant
      Paul Merson has been insufferable, really encapsulates the fan base.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3916: Jan 16, 2023 11:07:25 am
      Having had the benefit of some time to reflect, I feel I would word things a bit differently to how I did in the match day thread, where I got caught up in the heat of the moment, but the sentiment of what I said remains.

We shouldn’t absolve Klopp completely of any blame regarding the situation we’re in, despite what other factors are involved. He is the manager and we’re quick enough to give him credit when we are playing well, so it would just be pure bias to not acknowledge that he is partially accountable when we’re not playing well.

Having said that, we can’t ignore the other factors that are play here and the limitations he has to work with. Clearly we are in desperate need of investment, particularly in the midfield area. We have had significant injuries to the squad with 2 of our most creative attacking players out with long term injuries and more variations to the back line than I’d care to remember. The form of some of our most important players has totally and inexplicably fallen off a cliff.

I just think it’s worth having some balance to the discussion and recognising that, despite conditions, we should be getting more out of the players we have available and Klopp, as the manager, is also responsible for that. Despite all this, he has plenty of credit in the bank for what he has done at this football club and I still trust he is the best person for the job.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3917: Jan 16, 2023 11:19:02 am
      If we'd had any other manager when Klopp took over, we'd probably have won a league cup or two. Give this man a raise and an extension. The man's a proven winner. Not potential. He's literally won everything club football has to offer. And he's done that with one team - Liverpool FC.

If things are going belly up, the last place you look towards is Jürgen. If he leaves, and he seems the kind of human being who would leave if things got that bad (i.e. he'd feel responsible and fall on his sword) - we're screwed.

Right now he's one of the very few members of our football club who should not be worrying about his future.

Klopp: "It's fully my responsibility.“

Let that sink in a moment.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #3918: Jan 16, 2023 11:23:49 am

JK is well known as one who very much loyal to his player, but he under-estimated the important of Gini Wijnaldum.
      He keep rarely available player like Ox and Keita, and even worst get the sh*t like Arthur in while dismissed the value of a rarely injure and definitely good skillful and best attitude like Gini, strange decision!

People might point out that what is Gini doing now, of course he was missing since left us but who know if he stay here with proper contract that showing respect to him then what benefit to the club he absolutely established instead of some dead body in our current squad.

Gini doesn't exist in some time vacuum, he has aged at the same rate as all the other midfielders, and who's to say had he stayed he wouldn't be as immobile as the rest of them....Hindsight etc etc.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #3919: Jan 16, 2023 11:37:58 am

Gini was offered a new contract and turned it down 🤷‍♂️
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #3920: Jan 16, 2023 11:40:15 am
      If we'd had any other manager when Klopp took over, we'd probably have won a league cup or two. Give this man a raise and an extension. The man's a proven winner. Not potential. He's literally won everything club football has to offer. And he's done that with one team - Liverpool FC.

If things are going belly up, the last place you look towards is Jürgen. If he leaves, and he seems the kind of human being who would leave if things got that bad (i.e. he'd feel responsible and fall on his sword) - we're screwed.

Right now he's one of the very few members of our football club who should not be worrying about his future.

Klopp: "It's fully my responsibility.“

Let that sink in a moment.
      I Agree. He is arguably the most charismatic manager we have had for a generation. Supporters warm to him as much for his values, his symbiotic relationship with the fanbase, and of course his staggering achievements on the pitch. He has earned the right to leave as and when he see's fit. The only way I can see that happening anytime soon ( which I don't expect to happen) ...would be if he felt he was part of the problem, as opposed to being part of the solution. I believe he has has too much respect for the club and it's supporters to stay on if he genuinely didn't think he has the ability to rebuild the team.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,156 posts | 259 
      Reply #3921: Jan 16, 2023 11:41:11 am
      Gini doesn't exist in some time vacuum, he has aged at the same rate as all the other midfielders, and who's to say had he stayed he wouldn't be as immobile as the rest of them....Hindsight etc etc.

Hindsight yes, but given the stats you think if Gini stayed he could be worse than Ox, Naby or Milner?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,156 posts | 259 
      Reply #3922: Jan 16, 2023 11:47:44 am
      Gini was offered a new contract and turned it down 🤷‍♂️

Yes but I just wonder how JK rate the value of Gini compare to Naby, Ox or Milner.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #3923: Jan 16, 2023 11:48:25 am
      Hindsight yes, but given the stats you think if Gini stayed he could be worst than Ox, Naby or Milner?
      It's a pointless debate as it's frankly unknowable.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #3924: Jan 16, 2023 11:49:33 am
      Yes but I just wonder how JK rate the value of Gini compare to Naby, Ox or Milner.

He rated Gini very highly - hence why he was still hopefully of him staying

Ginis eyes were turned - he was sold the Barcelona dream , then PSG came in with a ridiculous offer and off he went
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #3925: Jan 16, 2023 12:54:59 pm
      I Agree. He is arguably the most charismatic manager we have had for a generation. Supporters warm to him as much for his values, his symbiotic relationship with the fanbase, and of course his staggering achievements on the pitch. He has earned the right to leave as and when he see's fit. The only way I can see that happening anytime soon ( which I don't expect to happen) ...would be if he felt he was part of the problem, as opposed to being part of the solution. I believe he has has too much respect for the club and it's supporters to stay on if he genuinely didn't think he has the ability to rebuild the team.

It really is a miracle he is still here it certainly has little to do with the owners but his recent signing of a new contract shows Klopp's faith and affection for the Club, the city and the supporters - Mrs Klopp also expressed the same sentiment.
      Possibly he was aware of FSG's plans to sell up and could see some light at the end of FSG's none contributory role at LFC.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #3926: Jan 16, 2023 01:10:35 pm
      Hindsight yes, but given the stats you think if Gini stayed he could be worse than Ox, Naby or Milner?

The problem wasn’t Gini leaving (he wanted to go after all) but the fact that 18 months down the line we still haven’t replaced him.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3927: Jan 16, 2023 01:33:37 pm
      I don't want to get relegated, and we won't, but even if that did happen, there's still nobody else I'd want to steer us in the right direction. That's how important I believe Jürgen is to our long-term future success.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #3928: Jan 16, 2023 01:52:50 pm
      Klopp:

“If you bring in new players they can’t all be on the Premier League list. They can’t all be on the Champions League list.

“Yes, we have to strengthen. But is this the right time? I don’t see it.”

Klopp: "If the solution was there and available then we would do it but I cannot sit here and blame everything else. We have players with contracts who just aren't available. If they were it would be a different situation. We have to strengthen but is now the right moment?"
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2023 02:35:42 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #3929: Jan 16, 2023 03:09:55 pm
      Naby and Ox have contracts no other team would touch so LFC has had little option but to wait for the contracts to expire.
      Milner is year to year, still functional, usually healthy, provides leadership.....and let's not ignore his 'home grown' status which gives Klopp a longer bench.
      Speaking of Home Grown and more importantly Non-Homegrown, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't LFC at their 17 player max for 'non-home grown' which makes purchasing another foreign player problematic, especially if LFC cannot shed one of their 17.
      Players have rights that come with their contracts and a simple 'Leave LFC?.....not interested' can scuttle transfer ambitions.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3930: Jan 16, 2023 03:15:17 pm
      Klopp:

“If you bring in new players they can’t all be on the Premier League list. They can’t all be on the Champions League list.

“Yes, we have to strengthen. But is this the right time? I don’t see it.”

Klopp: "If the solution was there and available then we would do it but I cannot sit here and blame everything else. We have players with contracts who just aren't available. If they were it would be a different situation. We have to strengthen but is now the right moment?"

I mean weren't most of the players that helped us challenge for the quad last year available at the beginning of the season? We didn't exactly come out of the gates firing on all fronts. I can't remember a period of time this season when we've been impressive.

I get what he's saying and I was happy with our midfield options as they stood in the summer, but something's drastically wrong that we are having so many injuries and that certain players look like shells of their former self. If I (we) can see it, he has to as well. So this sounds to me like Jürgen is just taking all the bullets (like he always does) to deflect criticism from anyone else (players, FSG, etc...).

Very, very odd that we make this seemingly panic loan of Melo who I'm guessing will never play for us again then we turn around and spend a pretty decent amount of money on Gakpo.

Our player development and acquisition doesn't seem to make much sense right now, at least not to me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #3931: Jan 16, 2023 03:17:53 pm
      I mean weren't most of the players that helped us challenge for the quad last year available at the beginning of the season? We didn't exactly come out of the gates firing on all fronts. I can't remember a period of time this season when we've been impressive.

I get what he's saying and I was happy with our midfield options as they stood in the summer, but something's drastically wrong that we are having so many injuries and that certain players look like shells of their former self. If I (we) can see it, he has to as well. So this sounds to me like Jürgen is just taking all the bullets (like he always does) to deflect criticism from anyone else (players, FSG, etc...).

Very, very odd that we make this seemingly panic loan of Melo who I'm guessing will never play for us again then we turn around and spend a pretty decent amount of money on Gakpo.

Our player development and acquisition doesn't seem to make much sense right now, at least not to me.

We lost both Ox and Keita at the beginning of the season and maybe Fabinho 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3932: Jan 16, 2023 04:06:34 pm
      We lost both Ox and Keita at the beginning of the season and maybe Fabinho 🤷‍♂️

I don't know that anyone ever counted on Ox. I'm not sure why people even include him. Seems like a nice kid, but he's not made much of an impact since he's been at Liverpool. Keita played better and was a little more available last year, but Fab, Hendo and Thiago were the midfield that most of us thought would start and would be viable. So far, Hendo and Fab look like different players altogether. Like I said...if your average Joe saw potential issues, I'm not sure why Klopp and his staff wouldn't have.

Quick Reply