Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431341 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4002: Jan 29, 2023 04:40:39 pm
      Trouble is, this is the 2nd season out of the last 3 that has been like this, only difference this time is, the injuries aren't as bad they were last time. No idea how we managed to pull off getting 3rd that year, especially with 6 straight home defeats.

It sucks, we really could have been premier league winners this season if we just kept on investing in the team when we were on top. I feel Arsenal and UTD won't be going anywhere, City will be back firing soon and we may have missed an opportunity here.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4003: Jan 29, 2023 04:43:29 pm
      Klopp fu**ed up today cost us the game with the three subs !
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #4004: Jan 29, 2023 05:01:40 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #4005: Jan 29, 2023 06:19:28 pm
      I'm behind klopp but in my opinion he got it wrong again today. Wrong starting 11.

Poor substitutions ... what the f*ck do Henderson fabinho or Jones give to this team. I couldn't give a f*ck about the past in the case of Henderson or fabinho .... I'm very much in the present. And they offer nothing .... not one attribute be it legs, creativity, leadership, passing and control or goals .... nothing. Especially fabinho. Jones ... championship standard player end of. How many times do these players have to fail him until the penny drops. Their midfield without canceido ran the show especially when the subs were made.

Jürgen got it badly wrong and as bad as that was on the field he's got to take alot of responsibility for that. And I get no pleasure saying that. I'd rather pin all the blame on the players ... most of which were spineless.

I'm fully behind Jürgen ... 100% but he's not helping himself.

To be honest it was more of a pre-match half glass full type of post. The glass has cracked.

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #4006: Jan 29, 2023 06:27:17 pm
      To be honest it was more of a pre-match half glass full type of post. The glass has cracked.

Yeah I know mate. I've chilled abit now. There's going to be alot of pain between now and May. I see a midtable/8th or 9th finish. And alot of pain. But there's been lots of good times. Gonna have to push through the bad now. Its going to get worse.

Hopefully Jota diaz and Bobby come back soon, stay fit and we can at least get some results. The work starts in June. There are alot of wrongs to right.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4007: Jan 29, 2023 06:44:29 pm
      Thought Hendo did OK, but Fab's first touch was to give the ball away and he went downhill from there, should have been sent off too, woeful tackle. Jones didn't do much. Whereas we had control, we seemed to loose it. Not sure about a couple of those changes.

Up front, no changes. How? Even in periods in the 2nd half there when we were in control, the front 3 never looked like scoring in a million years. Did we even get a shot in/make the keeper work?! Poor link up, they just look like strangers thrown on the pitch.

In fairness, Jürgen has given Batjecic starts, and Hendo/Fab/TAA and others have been benched, but there is only so much he can do.
      We need signings. And some strikers back from injury. We're toothless.

In saying that, some of the subs, and players not subbed, didn't make a lot of sense.
      Gone from another comp.
      But still behind the boss.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #4008: Jan 29, 2023 06:54:36 pm
      It sucks, we really could have been premier league winners this season if we just kept on investing in the team when we were on top. I feel Arsenal and UTD won't be going anywhere, City will be back firing soon and we may have missed an opportunity here.
      Plus Newcastle will be raring to go before too long
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #4009: Jan 29, 2023 07:17:27 pm
      This is not a hit on JK, but has he lost the dressing room? Have the players abandoned his tactics / game plans / philosophy. There was a shot of the touch line today, with Klopp yelling out to his players, and the look on the players behind him was very telling (to me, just my opinion)
      Is there a group of players that are not on board with Klopp anymore, which is spreading negativity throughout the team?

Who knows. Injuries aside, the drop off of fight we used to show is not there anymore.

Don’t know of another current manager who could do what Klopp has done for us.
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2023 07:54:28 pm by glennusmc »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4010: Jan 29, 2023 07:47:10 pm
      Klopp commented on a couple of players not having the right body language during the match.

Trent comes to mind when I hear this and I wonder if Thiago is the 2nd. Salah didn't have a great game but I thought he was hustling.

We need to build a top 4 team for next season. My biggest question is whether we can bring in enough new people (or promote them from within) to replace all the guys who need to clear out.

100% behind Klopp. Shouldn't even be a question of that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4011: Jan 29, 2023 08:05:14 pm
      Klopp commented on a couple of players not having the right body language during the match.

Trent comes to mind when I hear this and I wonder if Thiago is the 2nd. Salah didn't have a great game but I thought he was hustling.

We need to build a top 4 team for next season. My biggest question is whether we can bring in enough new people (or promote them from within) to replace all the guys who need to clear out.

Yeah you do sort of wonder with some of the players, the two that you mentioned, Hendo comes on and starts charging around pressing by himself and leaving gaping holes in the midfield- so clearly not listening to the gaffers tactics and he’s supposed to be the Captain 🤷‍♂️

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #4012: Jan 29, 2023 08:14:39 pm
      Why the club is not tapping in to the South American Market like other clubs are doing? Why do we keep wasting our time chasing superstar players that everybody wants?

City signed Alvarez for 14 million, a world cup winner who played a big part into Argentina winning the world cup. So why aren't we doing the same? And where the F**k is our scouts ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4013: Jan 29, 2023 08:23:25 pm
      Why the club is not tapping in to the South American Market like other clubs are doing? Why do we keep wasting our time chasing superstar players that everybody wants?

City signed Alvarez for 14 million, a world cup winner who played a big part into Argentina winning the world cup. So why aren't we doing the same? And where the f**k is our scouts ?

Another on-board the latest bandwagon. Like herds of sheep repeating the same stuff.
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #4014: Jan 29, 2023 08:24:25 pm

Trent has been hopeless all season. Klopp has stuck by him and given him so many chances.

Whereas the likes of fabinho look shot and others nowhere near good enough ... I feel trent stopped putting the hard work in long ago. He's dined out on what he did earlier in his career for years now. All the best players push to be even better ... they're greedy and they keep evolving and work hard. I don't see that in trent.

Ffs he just ambles round the pitch most of the time. Klopp needs to sit down with his players one to one and sort it out.

They're humans ... they have bad spells and bad games. But ive watched this game long enough to know when someone isn't putting it in ... isn't working hard enough.

I hoped trents England snubs would fire him up ... we'd reap the benefit ... but he gets lazier and lazier and is just going backwards. It needs addressing.
      rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #4015: Jan 29, 2023 08:27:05 pm

Trent for me
      Body language looked poor when taken off and when camera panned to him on the bench . Thiago should have been hooked before Naby and Elliott
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4016: Jan 29, 2023 08:51:37 pm
      Trent for me
      Body language looked poor when taken off and when camera panned to him on the bench . Thiago should have been hooked before Naby and Elliott

I know there is a need to manage Naby's minutes, and maybe Bajcetic's as well, but we really suffered performance-wise when those two left.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #4017: Jan 29, 2023 09:07:27 pm
      He's had a very poor season.

Summer is really huge for him as despite the call for more signings, which we need, the fear I have is that Jürgen seem lost to what to do with both our ageing players that he seems too loyal to and then integrating the likes of Nunez into the team.

Tactics, starting line ups and substitutions this season have been piss poor for the most part. The squad screams 4 2 3 1 to most of us yet we seem to persist with the same old 4 3 3 that isn't working.

I hope that it's a transition and he is working it out as he goes along this season but I don't think there's any evidence of it so far
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #4018: Jan 29, 2023 09:22:49 pm
      There's just so much unknown, as far as blame goes..... It's hard to pin it on anyone in all honesty.

We have invested over the summer, but Nunez has been hit or miss and seems an odd fit. Ramsey I guess has been injured? Gakpo is hard to judge, but looked really good in the 2nd half. I swear he might be part of our MF plans when we get healthy. Money's been spent, but in wierd areas. Why is that?

Injuries have crushed us this season. Is it a training thing? A recruitment thing? He's always fancied a small squad, but with injury prone guys like Thiago, Ox, Kieta, Matip,Jones , Gomez, etc. I think letting younger guys like Morton go out on loan was a mistake. Even our old work horses are worn down. Milner and Firmino have been injured more this season than I can remember. Other guys have completely lost their legs in the bast 12- 8 months (Salah, VVD, Fab, Hendo). Again, I don't know if we will ever know why this is, but one thing we know is that the same tactics get utilized each week, whether they succeed or fail. This is his biggest issue this season. The inability to deviate from one system. The United coach is winning games tactically ( I assume thus since he's played Shaw at CB). You have to coach to the available players ability. Asking slower CBs and offensive minded full backs to play a high line with minimal MF cover is silly.

We need Klopp to rally the troops. He did it a few years ago, and he's a great manager. He can do it again I assume. But he can't do it by fielding a 4-3-3 that consist of Fab, Hendo, Gomez, and TAA. A change in system is needed.

I will commend him for sitting Fab and Hendo lateley and hooking TAA more often. Winning is about being ruthless sometimes, and the aforementioned guys aren't cutting it. Salah is lucky to not be on this list too in all honesty...

Wolves is a huge game. Win that and you have some momentum for when the Blueshite come to town. 6 points on the bounce and then you start getting reinforcements back. Focus on the Prem and top 4.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4019: Jan 30, 2023 09:14:13 am
      Don77

• 6,331 posts | 1036 
      Reply #4020: Jan 30, 2023 09:55:01 am
      I just saw jurgens presser and he seemed to be caught completely off guard in that he was saying it was better etc etc. Then they told him what Robbo said about us being even worse after the restart than we were before and he looked stunned.

All is not well. I think Jürgen needs to address his players as a group and individually. We need to get back pulling in the same direction and the ones who don't want to put the work in need pushing out. He needs to be ruthless now.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #4021: Jan 30, 2023 10:31:09 am
      I'm not blaming Klopp and I'm not blaming the players.. I think everyone's giving 100% I think some of the lads are either burnt out, some are not upto pace, and some of the younger lads are just not ready yet.

It was evidently clear our CMs were struggling at the second half of last season.. we needed to really look at that in the summer, but after we didn't land Tchouameni we kinda just avoided fixing that massive problem. Someone said earlier why don't we scout these south Americans when there is unbelievable players you can get for bargain prices. City picked up Alverez from River plate, but the player who the club were raving about was Enzo Fernandez. Benfica were the only club willing to take the £10m risk, and after 5 games you could see they'd got a gem. They now want £120m for him after 6 months.

We are still getting linked with Sander Berge a player that played one good game against us 5 years ago. He's done hardly anything noteworthy in the Championship yet it looks like he's the best we can scout.

It's been pathetic from top to bottom.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4022: Jan 30, 2023 10:51:12 am

Lallana and that CT American not been on yet to counteract this blasphemy against FSG. 😊
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,483 posts | 3286 
      Reply #4023: Jan 30, 2023 11:54:16 am
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,483 posts | 3286 
      Reply #4024: Jan 30, 2023 11:54:50 am
      Lallana and that CT American not been on yet to counteract this blasphemy against FSG. 😊

Are you more concerned about the money spend table since 2019 or the trophies won since 2019

Quick Reply