Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 443121 times
      RedWilly, Longy-Shops, srslfc, Le Gargoyle and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4094: Jan 31, 2023 02:11:36 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is more complicit in allowing the squad to get to where we're at than many of you will care to admit.

Discuss.

He is part of the club structure so has to take some blame, Nunez and Gakpo signings come to mind when we clearly needed central midfielders.
      Even last year when he wanted Touchemani but then there was no plan B.

Could also throw into the mix giving Hendo and Milner extended contracts.

However it could also be that he knew there would be no money for the sort of signings needed so might as well stick with what you have.

The whole club at the moment looks in a bit of a mess from the odd signings, back room staff leaving, the medical/ sports science team clearly working with YTS apprentices! and on top of that the owners don’t give a hoot as they want out.

Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #4095: Jan 31, 2023 02:20:24 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is more complicit in allowing the squad to get to where we're at than many of you will care to admit.

Discuss.
      If players had run down their contracts and left for free, Klopp wouldn't get the backing to buy players to bring in. That's why Milners still here at 36, he's English and was a freebie.

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4096: Jan 31, 2023 02:21:23 pm
      I think we all know Jürgen isn't blameless. I was adamant in the summer we needed midfielders ... same in this window. But he knows he's got nothing to spend. Every signing is a pressure signing because we can't afford mistakes.

But he's enough credit in the bank. He deserves the chance to sort it out and build a new team.

I only wonder what we could have achieved and what we could still achieve if Jürgen had any help at all from his employers.

Feels like Jürgen is all that stands between this chaos and complete chaos. I trust him. I don't trust anyone else there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4097: Jan 31, 2023 02:27:04 pm
      I think we all know Jürgen isn't blameless. I was adamant in the summer we needed midfielders ... same in this window. But he knows he's got nothing to spend. Every signing is a pressure signing because we can't afford mistakes.

But he's enough credit in the bank. He deserves the chance to sort it out and build a new team.

I only wonder what we could have achieved and what we could still achieve if Jürgen had any help at all from his employers.

Feels like Jürgen is all that stands between this chaos and complete chaos. I trust him. I don't trust anyone else there.

Don't disagree but he's notorious for liking smaller squads, extremely loyal to players and only likes to go into the transfer market if he doesn't have a solution in the squad.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4098: Jan 31, 2023 02:29:16 pm
      :'(
      So if we can’t be successful by only spending what we make then funds need to be supplemented from another source - is that from loans from owners which are then paid back ? Again taking money away from the club , do we have a sugar daddy, consortium to be happy to cut losses and throw money at the club each year beyond what we make or do we look at ways to improve the level of income we bring in to help fund transfers and wages etc

The first two are quick wins until the money runs out from someone’s pocket which we have seen happen with other clubs and it’s killed them

Or do we get the state ownership who are happy to bring the rules to falsify sponsorship etc to give the club more to spend on players so it’s looks like it’s within means

Or do we continue to build externally stadium and sponsorship etc to bring in more funds but will take time

Football is morally bankrupt and clearly unsustainable

Look mate, I’m not gonna argue going over old ground on this subject, FSG,  as owners have been pretty damn good in terms of restructuring the club in bricks & mortar, that’s highly commendable and to be fair Anfield needed it anyway, and they have also come up trumps for Jürgen in the AxA training facilities, that was Jürgen’s idea initially and again fair play to FSG they’ve stumped up the spondoolies for that too, in league rankings terms they’ve sustained CL spot but in terms of transfer funding we’re in a relegation battle,

Now I don’t want us to be bankrolled like others are, and I do understand it’s perhaps best business policy to keep within your means, but, keeping within your means doesn’t bring about the kind of success we all want to see, it’s no longer viable to operate in this way and expect us to keep up with the Jones’s of this world,

You can bamboozle us with with your figures and business know how, but at the end of the day it’s all about winning and building a side to do exactly that, Jürgen’s first winning side has peaked and now needs refreshing, but it’s two years late ,minimum, in the making, that’s 3-4 transfer window inactivity because enough funds were clearly unavailable, again, to pardon the pun, the goalposts have shifted but FSG stuck with their completely unethical mantra and now we are in effect back to square one with a ageing side, full,of holes, struggling for confidence,

For the most part Jürgen turned us from doubters to believers, now we’re back as doubters, and the only ones not believing are our owners, they obviously do not believe we are worthy of investing some of their assets into a transfer kitty, albeit a temporary one, so as we can get ourselves out of the sh*t state we’re in,

I mean isn’t that a obvious and more simplistic way of saying to Jürgen, generated funds won’t be enough, here’s a helping hand, go get who you need, we’ll worry about the pay back further up the pipe, when we start winning titles & tin again ??

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #4099: Jan 31, 2023 02:36:10 pm

Discuss.

Jürgen Klopp is more complicit in allowing the squad to get to where we’re at , with his hands tied behind his back, than many of you will care to admit…..

…….there fixed it for you Si……

…….Discussion over……maybe ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #4100: Jan 31, 2023 02:37:31 pm

Look mate, I’m not gonna argue going over old ground on this subject, FSG,  as owners have been pretty damn good in terms of restructuring the club in bricks & mortar, that’s highly commendable and to be fair Anfield needed it anyway, and they have also come up trumps for Jürgen in the AxA training facilities, that was Jürgen’s idea initially and again fair play to FSG they’ve stumped up the spondoolies for that too, in league rankings terms they’ve sustained CL spot but in terms of transfer funding we’re in a relegation battle,

Now I don’t want us to be bankrolled like others are, and I do understand it’s perhaps best business policy to keep within your means, but, keeping within your means doesn’t bring about the kind of success we all want to see, it’s no longer viable to operate in this way and expect us to keep up with the Jones’s of this world,

You can bamboozle us with with your figures and business know how, but at the end of the day it’s all about winning and building a side to do exactly that, Jürgen’s first winning side has peaked and now needs refreshing, but it’s two years late ,minimum, in the making, that’s 3-4 transfer window inactivity because enough funds were clearly unavailable, again, to pardon the pun, the goalposts have shifted but FSG stuck with their completely unethical mantra and now we are in effect back to square one with a ageing side, full,of holes, struggling for confidence,

For the most part Jürgen turned us from doubters to believers, now we’re back as doubters, and the only ones not believing are our owners, they obviously do not believe we are worthy of investing some of their assets into a transfer kitty, albeit a temporary one, so as we can get ourselves out of the sh*t state we’re in,

I mean isn’t that a obvious and more simplistic way of saying to Jürgen, generated funds won’t be enough, here’s a helping hand, go get who you need, we’ll worry about the pay back further up the pipe, when we start winning titles & tin again ??

A-F***ing-men.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4101: Jan 31, 2023 02:37:34 pm
      but it’s two years late ,minimum, in the making, that’s 3-4 transfer window inactivity because enough funds were clearly unavailable,

20/21

Jota
      Thiago
      Tsimikas

21/22

Diaz
      Konate

22/23

Nunez
      Gakpo
      Carvalho
      Ramsey.

9 players there so maybe the argument is the wrong player or wrong position being targeted??

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2023 03:01:43 pm by srslfc »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4102: Jan 31, 2023 02:38:30 pm

Jürgen Klopp is more complicit in allowing the squad to get to where we’re at , with his hands tied behind his back, than many of you will care to admit…..

…….there fixed it for you Si……

…….Discusion over……maybe ?

See above buddy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #4103: Jan 31, 2023 02:39:33 pm

You know what really sucks...over half of those players have had significant injury periods since they were purchased (some injured right now).

Something really needs to be figured out as far as why we have so many injuries because I'm sorry, but I just don't see the same with other teams.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4104: Jan 31, 2023 02:47:51 pm
      20/21

Jota
      Thiago
      Tsimikas

21/22

Diaz
      Konate

22/23

Nunez
      Gakpo
      Carvalho
      Ramsey.

8 players there so maybe the argument is the wrong player or wrong position being targeted??

Only one midfielder signed out of 9 players over the last 2 seasons is exactly why we're in such a mess right now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #4105: Jan 31, 2023 03:07:32 pm
      20/21

Jota
      Thiago
      Tsimikas

21/22

Diaz
      Konate

22/23

Nunez
      Gakpo
      Carvalho
      Ramsey.

8 players there so maybe the argument is the wrong player or wrong position being targeted??

Looking at that on paper it doesn’t look bad does it, tbf, but each season we should be looking to replace or bring in a higher quality than we already have, now i can’t be arsed to look back at all the specifics but seem to remember discussions in these boards of how, at the time we needed fresh legs up top, some creativity in midfield and back up for Robbo, & subsequently Trent,

21/22

Diaz comes in, perhaps because Jürgen knew Sadio was going, so kind of like for like right there, Konate came in because we needed him after our annus horribilis season, Matip going awol, Gomez not up to it and Virgil still in recovery mode, and Nat & Rhys not quite at the required levels,

22/23

Jürgen investing in the future, all four under 22, and obviously being nurtured as we type, maybe you could argue that focus of attention should have been midfield, Gakpo for me was a spur of the moment signing, becoming available perhaps earlier & cheaper than he would have had we waited til summer, Nunez again focus on the future with the emphasis of a new system which will include Diaz, Jota, Mo when eventually all are available for selection, Carvalho & Ramsey again adding cogs for the wheels of fortune for the future,

And of course Jürgen’s remit, of only bringing in those he wants and will wait until they are available, instead of just buying for the sake of it, and perhaps filling a temporary void,

Think it’s safe to say our season aside from the CL is all but over, we will of course still fight until the final final whistle for a top 4 CL spot, most need to accept this now and get right behind Jürgen et al.

Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4106: Jan 31, 2023 03:57:26 pm
      Only one midfielder signed out of 9 players over the last 2 seasons is exactly why we're in such a mess right now.

And its still up for debate whether he was the right player. Thiago is a good footballer ... no 2 ways about it. You don't spend your career at barca and bayern if you're not. But was he right for us? With how we play I'm still not so sure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #4107: Jan 31, 2023 04:29:57 pm
      And its still up for debate whether he was the right player. Thiago is a good footballer ... no 2 ways about it. You don't spend your career at barca and bayern if you're not. But was he right for us? With how we play I'm still not so sure.

When Hendo and Fab are at their best, he's absolutely perfect for us. Unfortunately, they haven't been anywhere near that this season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4108: Jan 31, 2023 09:43:03 pm
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #4109: Jan 31, 2023 10:02:40 pm
      When Hendo and Fab are at their best, he's absolutely perfect for us. Unfortunately, they haven't been anywhere near that this season.

Plays better with Naby around him I think cleverer footballer than Jordan I am afraid
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #4110: Jan 31, 2023 10:16:58 pm

That's true to an extent but if we prioritised midfielders before then other areas would have been neglected because we have to spread our limited budget out best we can.

In 2020 an attacker was a massive priority. We had nothing after our first choice front three so were an injury away from a real disaster so Jota was needed. Let's not forget we neglected the centre half situation that year.

The following summer of course a centre back was the priority given what happened the year before. Unfortunately Konate cleaned us out and there was nothing left for a midfielder, we signed Diaz in Jan but that was a summer signing brought forward because of Spurs. If Konate and Diaz didn't sign there would have been outrage at us neglecting the CB position and not future planning Mane's departure.

The summer just gone and this January window has been absolutely baffling though and Jürgen and his team have to take some responsibility for that. When Tchouameni chose Real, where the F**k was the plan B? Clearly plan A was Tchouameni in 2022 and Bellingham in 2023 but you can't put all your eggs in one basket like that. We seem to have forgotten that Robbo, Mane, Salah and Jota were all 'Plan B' signings so when one rejected us we needed to move on. Not sure Gakpo over a midfielder was wise either.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #4111: Jan 31, 2023 10:24:20 pm
      And now Chelsea are on the verge of signing Enzo aswell. That's another team going to be light years in front of us. It's got to a point where signing just Bellingham isn't going to be good enough anymore.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4112: Feb 01, 2023 12:29:08 am
      And now Chelsea are on the verge of signing Enzo aswell. That's another team going to be light years in front of us. It's got to a point where signing just Bellingham isn't going to be good enough anymore.

What happens when you stand still due to greedy parasites.

They're a disgrace.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #4113: Feb 01, 2023 06:45:23 am
      It's got to a point where signing just Bellingham isn't going to be good enough anymore.

It was never going to be enough. With Juergen not budging formation, we need a new midfield 3, while already factoring for Harvey and Bajcetic as part of the rotation.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,605 posts | 139 
      Reply #4114: Feb 01, 2023 08:09:49 am
      United signed Sabizter and their fans are still not happy and throwing tantrums on Redcafe ;D. Depressing to see us being used as example by other rival fans  to describe things like: sh*t owners, poverty and no ambition.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4115: Feb 01, 2023 08:21:18 am
      I feel sorry for Klopp.
      Everyone knows the the club needed midfield reinforcements,
      and yet other clubs do easily what Liverpool owners would convince you is impossible business.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4116: Feb 01, 2023 08:28:41 am
      I feel sorry for Klopp.
      Everyone knows the the club needed midfield reinforcements,
      and yet other clubs do easily what Liverpool owners would convince you is impossible business.

Aye. I feel sorry for klopp too. Imagine what we could have achieved with just a little help from his employers. Some amazing nights under Jürgen ... no19 being the highlight but it could have been so much more and with just abit of backing he could have had 2 or 3 titles and also we wouldn't be in this current state.

Jürgen has given us everything. The parasites have raked in the reward and now they're cashing their chips in ... off jurgens back.

Quick Reply