Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 442871 times
      stuey and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4117: Feb 01, 2023 09:36:23 am
      United signed Sabizter and their fans are still not happy and throwing tantrums on Redcafe ;D. Depressing to see us being used as example by other rival fans  to describe things like: sh*t owners, poverty and no ambition.

Not been on there yet but based on the fact our clubs are on the market are you surprised the yanks don't want to spend? even you lot complaining so what's  the difference ? Are your tantrums different from ours?

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.  :f_doh: dear oh dear...  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4118: Feb 01, 2023 09:54:56 am
      With no one leaving then it’s not a surprise that someone wasn’t bought

We all know what Klopp and the team are like when it comes to player that they want - they wait , there was money there this window and they bought Gakpo not a midfielder- why ? Maybe because the player they want they can’t get at the moment

It’s staggering that when things drop off all fingers point towards transfers and money not spent and the owners - yet when things went well -all only down to the manager etc

It’s getting pathetic
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,605 posts | 139 
      Reply #4119: Feb 01, 2023 10:11:51 am

We all know what Klopp and the team are like when it comes to player that they want - they wait , there was money there this window and they bought Gakpo not a midfielder- why ? Maybe because the player they want they can’t get at the moment

It’s staggering that when things drop off all fingers point towards transfers and money not spent and the owners - yet when things went well -all only down to the manager etc

It’s getting pathetic

I remember being critical of us going after gems and ignoring marquee players. But I wish we go back to the days when we used to find gems who are not well known and develop them into superstars rather than chasing players that everybody wants.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4120: Feb 01, 2023 10:18:59 am
      I remember being critical of us going after gems and ignoring marquee players. But I wish we go back to the days when we used to find gems who are not well known and develop them into superstars rather than chasing players that everybody wants.

Do you mean the likes of Diaz , Konate , Gakpo ? 🤷‍♂️
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4121: Feb 01, 2023 10:21:18 am

It’s getting pathetic

As always there is more the transfers than just buy players.

To be honest I would hope if the CM we wanted was able to be this window we would have acted and then de registered a player if needed.

We will never by like Chelsea and stock pile loads of players, it's just not the owners or Jurgens style.

I'm more concerned with our transfer policy in that it seems far less focused than it was under Edwards and more scattergun and reactive and I do think we have problems in the club that need addressing.

I said yesterday the manager is more complicit than many will admit in why we are the way we are, aided and abetted by the ownership of course and I'm also not enamored with a host of Jurgens decisions this season and not afraid to say it.

He is the man to take us out of it and has earned that and more, but the summer will be very interesting form a transfer perspective and coaching and developing the team and style.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4122: Feb 01, 2023 10:37:45 am

To be honest I would hope if the CM we wanted was able to be this window we would have acted and then de registered a player if needed.

We will never by like Chelsea and stock pile loads of players, it's just not the owners or Jurgens style.

I'm more concerned with our transfer policy in that it seems far less focused than it was under Edwards and more scattergun and reactive and I do think we have problems in the club that need addressing.

I said yesterday the manager is more complicit than many will admit in why we are the way we are, aided and abetted by the ownership of course and I'm also not enamored with a host of Jurgens decisions this season and not afraid to say it.

He is the man to take us out of it and has earned that and more, but the summer will be very interesting form a transfer perspective and coaching and developing the team and style.

Very well said - hard to argue with any of it
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,605 posts | 139 
      Reply #4123: Feb 01, 2023 10:52:17 am
      Do you mean the likes of Diaz , Konate , Gakpo ? 🤷‍♂️

All those player were among on of the best players in their league.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4124: Feb 01, 2023 11:00:10 am
      All those player were among on of the best players in their league.

None of them where marquee players
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4125: Feb 01, 2023 11:09:01 am

One way or another there will be a clear out.
      Players out of contract will ensure that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4126: Feb 01, 2023 11:31:13 am

Big changes in the summer.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4127: Feb 01, 2023 11:37:48 am

We know that at least 2 are going in regards contracts

Keita
      Ox

Some unsure

Bobby

And then some that maybe sold

Matip
      Phillips
      Fabinho

Think mainly it’s going to be the two leaving out of contract

Bobby signing a new contract

Matip and Phillips leaving

That would leave us needing 3 players

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,605 posts | 139 
      Reply #4128: Feb 01, 2023 11:47:55 am
      We know that at least 2 are going in regards contracts

Keita
      Ox

Some unsure

Bobby

And then some that maybe sold

Matip
      Phillips
      Fabinho

Think mainly it’s going to be the two leaving out of contract

Bobby signing a new contract

Matip and Phillips leaving

That would leave us needing 3 players

2 Midfielders + a main CB that is over 200 million easily assuming that we want Jude+Nunes ;D. Skriniar is a free agent next summer but I don't we have no chance since PSG want him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4129: Feb 01, 2023 11:49:06 am

This summer is f***in massive, absolutely massive, so the quicker the new investors/owners are in the better,

Chavs have raised the bar again if it wasn’t already too high, where we’ve been struggling getting over 3ft high hurdles, we’re now staring at the pole vault, all of our piss taking of Mancs being in the land of mediocrity, but look where we could end up if massive investment fails to materialise,

From a armchair fan’s perspective three things should be on the table….either….

FSG find their sugar daddy and pump millions into Jürgen’s transfer funds……or….

FSG sell up and take their profits with them, to some mega wealthy oily oligarchs who won’t grumble over a £300m transfer window,……or the least likely….

FSG have a change of heart, and mantra and decide they will put all their heart & soul into backing Jürgen…properly…and give him carte Blanche in this summer’s window, but please, for the good of your health….don’t hold your breath….hold your doctors balls instead when he sends you for a angiogram….it’s safer,

Sometimes yanno’s you have to pinch yourself to remind yourself that this is real, it is, what am I talking about, Liverpool FC, with all the history and pedigree, have owners who only see dollar signs rather than league titles, if you want ambitious owners take a look down south at the chavs & Boely,

Not expecting the same crazy spending as them but what I would like to see is just perhaps a wee bit more ambition than…. ‘You can only spend what you generate’..
      We’re not f***in Leicester city ffs, we’re one of the biggest clubs in the world with owners shopping at Aldi while our rivals owner’s get chauffeured driven around Harrods,

About time we switched shops isn’t it, or we could end up at Neto !!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #4130: Feb 01, 2023 01:29:22 pm
      I'm going to hang my hat on this, Fabinho isn't going anywhere. Klopp will see this season as a blip and assume he'll snap out of whatever funk he's in (and maybe he will be proven right). Bobby isn't going anywhere either. They will sign him for a couple years on a team friendly contract (thank you Senor Bob). Ox and Keita are gone (hopefully we don't make some stupid mistake and hold on to them till the end of the window and then be stuck with them). What we should do is bring in about 3 midfielders, Bellingham and then a couple others. I don't know that there will be a market for Matip so I bet he stays. Gomez may be on his way out so we'll need at least one CB depending on the youngsters that are coming up. Attackers we are set as long as everyone gets healthy and stops getting hurt. If Ramsay isn't going to be a suitable option for Trent then we need to sign another RB.

So for me, Bellingham, plus two other Mids, plus a CB and maybe a RB and I think that should do it.

In reality, I expect Bellingham or no one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4131: Feb 01, 2023 01:36:46 pm
      I'm going to hang my hat on this, Fabinho isn't going anywhere.

Would bet my house you're right as well.

It's not his style to ditch a player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #4132: Feb 01, 2023 01:40:52 pm
      Would bet my house you're right as well.

It's not his style to ditch a player.

And to be fair, it kind of makes sense. I mean Klopp gets to know these guys and we can all see his style of man management in the relationships he builds with them. I coach XC and Track so I understand the loyalty aspect. There are kids that I know probably aren't going to perform to a certain level, but when you don't have any ready made alternatives and you've invested a lot of time in them and getting to know them, you still want to see them succeed and that's where you as a coach think you can make a difference. Much like I'm sure Klopp thinks he can make a difference with any of our misfiring players.

Conversely, I have seen some quotes from him that maybe imply his loyalty only goes so far so either that was a spur of the moment thing to try and motivate, or it was a peek into a longer term strategy he's going to take to "rebuild" this team.

Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #4133: Feb 01, 2023 03:00:07 pm
      I think the most frustrating part to all this is we are 2 worldclass Center Midfielders away from still competing for the title. But we've ignored that area and it's become another wasted season! We have players like Hendo, Thiago, VVD, Matip who can't afford a wasted season, they are all the wrong side of 30. We leave things so long before fixing them and when the time comes the seasons dead and gone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4134: Feb 01, 2023 04:59:38 pm
      United signed Sabizter and their fans are still not happy and throwing tantrums on Redcafe ;D. Depressing to see us being used as example by other rival fans  to describe things like: sh*t owners, poverty and no ambition.

Mancs going on about scousers and poverty - I'm F***ing shocked!! Why are you so arsed what everyone else thinks of us?

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,605 posts | 139 
      Reply #4135: Feb 01, 2023 07:26:43 pm
      Mancs going on about scousers and poverty - I'm f**king shocked!! Why are you so arsed what everyone else thinks of us?

My workplace is composed of City, Arsenal, United fans and its really hard to ignore it every Monday when they take the piss at you.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #4136: Feb 01, 2023 07:49:04 pm
      My workplace is composed of City, Arsenal, United fans and its really hard to ignore it every Monday when they take the piss at you.
      Grow a pair
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4137: Feb 01, 2023 07:49:47 pm

Who F***ing cares 🤷‍♂️ that’s part of the sport
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4138: Feb 01, 2023 08:58:44 pm

Well let’s be honest you’ve probably been giving them plenty over the last couple of years, pay back time.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4139: Feb 01, 2023 09:00:45 pm

You could learn a lesson with your own words pal. Very quick to give it but when given back you spit your dummy out.  :lmao:

Quick Reply