Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 443119 times
      RedWilly, Longy-Shops, srslfc, Le Gargoyle and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4140: Feb 01, 2023 09:02:14 pm
      Who f**king cares 🤷‍♂️ that’s part of the sport

Spot on, it’s all a part  of the banter. If people can’t take it, don’t give it.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #4141: Feb 01, 2023 10:18:48 pm
      I'd like to see this formation I haven't got the formation number just how I'd like things to be tried. Two attackers, Nunez and Salah even though really Salah doesn't really deserve to be playing. Trent on the right in midfield, Milner doing defensive duties at right back or Gomez. Robbo left back and Tsmikas in midfield ahead of him, Nat Philips and Matip cb seen as Konate is injured now. Other midfielders, anyone's guess, I forget who is injured these days. So yeah a left and right wing back in midfield because they are more likely to be able to defend too in midfield and don't have to peg it up and down the pitch all the time. Sick of the whole 3 attacker obsession.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4142: Feb 01, 2023 10:26:47 pm
      As always there is more the transfers than just buy players.

To be honest I would hope if the CM we wanted was able to be this window we would have acted and then de registered a player if needed.

We will never by like Chelsea and stock pile loads of players, it's just not the owners or Jurgens style.

I'm more concerned with our transfer policy in that it seems far less focused than it was under Edwards and more scattergun and reactive and I do think we have problems in the club that need addressing.

I said yesterday the manager is more complicit than many will admit in why we are the way we are, aided and abetted by the ownership of course and I'm also not enamored with a host of Jurgens decisions this season and not afraid to say it.

He is the man to take us out of it and has earned that and more, but the summer will be very interesting form a transfer perspective and coaching and developing the team and style.

Agree with much of this, but I don't think Klopp is thinking of a mass clearout from our squad. A few guys will leave I suspect, including those out of contract, but it's not as though the summer will bring pots and pots of money, especially with us not making the Champions League for next season (admittedly I'm not sure the timing of receiving our prize money for this season vs. the TV money for this season.

It's possible we only  make one major buy in the summer. That doesn't mean the build doesn't continue, but Jürgen will be focusing on developing what he has more than buying a big lot of players. I also don't think we have much in the way of saleable assets - not for big money anyway, I don't think there's a Rhian Brewster or Dominic Solanke to get a big fee from either (at least I hope we don't sell our best young prospects - I could see Trent being sold actually, but I hope not).

Jürgen will want to keep buildng a team for next season that challenges for CL qualification, but that is going to be a challenge.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4143: Feb 02, 2023 01:13:24 am
      My workplace is composed of City, Arsenal, United fans and its really hard to ignore it every Monday when they take the piss at you.

Jesus. H. F***ing. Christ!!

The very definition of the sky generation fan. Office F***ing banter.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4144: Feb 02, 2023 07:49:10 am
      Jesus. H. F***ing. Christ!!

The very definition of the sky generation fan. Office F***ing banter.

Horrendous.

I'm glad the kids that work for me don't seem to be like that. During the day there is the odd bit of football chat but none of that cringey banter sh*te.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2023 10:14:42 am by srslfc »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4145: Feb 02, 2023 09:07:13 am
      My workplace is composed of City, Arsenal, United fans and its really hard to ignore it every Monday when they take the piss at you.

It could be worse, I’m surrounded by fcuking scousers all day and all nite how do you think I feel being the only manc kunt.   :lmao:
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #4146: Feb 02, 2023 09:19:37 am
      The manager is to blame for a lot of what's happened this season, it's the only reasonable as a non superfan take on things. I'd like to see Jürgen evolve tactically before he leaves too, it would be cool, 3 attackers is that always the plan always? FFS even Nunez solo up then Salah behind with his fancy new blonde hair highlights like an Egyptian bimbo flicking the ball without looking only for it to flomp out no where near Nunez, whoa, this is not what I expected this season after us scraping final wins by not scoring any goals in last years finals.  Last season it was earned but thank god we won those cups because we didn't play that well in either, luck came back on our side, which is earned yes. Football is deffo a funny game.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4147: Feb 02, 2023 09:28:14 am
      It could be worse, I’m surrounded by fcuking scousers all day and all nite how do you think I feel being the only manc kunt.   :lmao:

I'd imagine it's pretty good for you at the moment Keith.

Where I work there are united fans ... die-hards that all of a sudden after about 5 years want to talk about football all the time and take the p*ss and rub it in.

It is what it is. I'm not a big p*ss taker myself. I'm one of those that enjoys a win against utd or City etc but I won't take the p*ss because I know how it feels to be on the other end. As it is we get beat pretty much every game these days so I've quickly become numb to fans of other teams rubbing it in.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4148: Feb 02, 2023 09:47:31 am

Where I work there are united fans ... die-hards that all of a sudden after about 5 years want to talk about football all the time and take the p*ss and rub it in.

It is what it is. I'm not a big p*ss taker myself. I'm one of those that enjoys a win against utd or City etc but I won't take the p*ss because I know how it feels to be on the other end. As it is we get beat pretty much every game these days so I've quickly become numb to fans of other teams rubbing it in.

Sounds like similar views to me Don. Don’t get me wrong I love the banter I have/get from most  of you lot and it’s great.  😊 However, I like to think I know the boundaries not to cross, especially in the match day thread which can get very toxic so my timing would be poor to get involved as I’m genuinely no wum.

You’ll always get some that say I am but expect it on the forum. Christ I’ve seen some of you lot go both barrels with opinions, it makes good reading though from a outsider  ;D

Yeah most United fans currently in a good place and obviously you’ll get the diehards from both clubs giving it large when on a good run, like you said that’s standard.

All in all still like this forum the best which is the reason I’m a regular, much to the dismay of some yanks.  :lmao:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4149: Feb 03, 2023 06:37:12 pm

I don't even look at Utd results, but oh man, it's unbelievable to see Utd fans have come back out from under their rocks where they've been for years, hiding away with the mushrooms, now throwing around the memes like they were about to win the title.

David Attenborough should do a programme on their hibernation and reappearance.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4150: Feb 03, 2023 06:40:29 pm
      Drop Salah Jürgen, make a statement. He needs a shake up. And players need to know they will play if in form, and not play if coasting. No matter who they are.

Don't see it happening though. Not when spending 400 grand a week.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4151: Feb 03, 2023 06:42:36 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4152: Feb 03, 2023 07:13:55 pm
      I don't even look at Utd results, but oh man, it's unbelievable to see Utd fans have come back out from under their rocks where they've been for years, hiding away with the mushrooms, now throwing around the memes like they were about to win the title.

David Attenborough should do a programme on their hibernation and reappearance.

This one never disappeared mate. 😉 and they’ll certainly be no title talk from this manc. Give me top 4 now and I’ll snatch your hand off. 🤣
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #4153: Feb 03, 2023 07:18:24 pm
      This is current narrative

Klopp has more power and he is giving Pep more say and it’s why Nunez and Gakpo arrived and why Ward is leaving

https://twitter.com/dankennett/status/1621484412826173441?s=46&t=rvx_Q4C-dpljt-JahgehBg
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4154: Feb 04, 2023 12:44:18 pm
      As much as the players have been underperforming, hope we see better from Klopp today too. There’s been some bizarre decisions regarding substitutions and use of players outside of their natural position lately.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #4155: Feb 04, 2023 01:09:15 pm
      As much as the players have been underperforming, hope we see better from Klopp today too. There’s been some bizarre decisions regarding substitutions and use of players outside of their natural position lately.

Agree with the substitutions part especially needs to be more flexible and proactive
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4156: Feb 04, 2023 01:13:31 pm
      Agree with the substitutions part especially needs to be more flexible and proactive

Can be too proactive though and affecting team rhythm
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #4157: Feb 04, 2023 01:41:11 pm
      Can be too proactive though and affecting team rhythm

When there is no rhythm and clearly not working you can and not waiting for the inevitable
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4158: Feb 04, 2023 01:48:45 pm
      When there is no rhythm and clearly not working you can and not waiting for the inevitable

And make a load of changes like last week at Brighton and make the team worse! No actual answers here is there :laugh:
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #4159: Feb 04, 2023 01:55:12 pm
      And make a load of changes like last week at Brighton and make the team worse! No actual answers here is there :laugh:
      Last week didn't require all those changes we were well in the game so doesn't count pal ;)I mean when seriously off or under cosh clear  changes have been overlooked and just kept going
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4160: Feb 04, 2023 03:52:34 pm
      Looks defeated and ill. Spent that half sat down, shaking his head and looking at the ground helpless. First time I've genuinely believed this is it, he'll be gone soon.
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #4161: Feb 04, 2023 03:58:52 pm
      We don't deserve Klopp with these owners, and I don't want Bellingham because I don't want us to stump his growth here with the lack of ambition.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4162: Feb 04, 2023 04:10:01 pm
      I bet Mrs Klopp is sorry now she persuaded him to sign on again

Quick Reply