Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 449279 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4347: Feb 20, 2023 02:02:57 am
      Same as always isn't it??

The money part of it isn't in his remit and never has been.

It's almost like people don't pay attention.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #4348: Feb 20, 2023 03:49:45 am
      Same as always isn't it??

The money part of it isn't in his remit and never has been.

Just seems odd to me that he offers that bit up. He could have just said that we have players to buy and left it at that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #4349: Feb 20, 2023 06:19:11 am
      Just seems odd to me that he offers that bit up. He could have just said that we have players to buy and left it at that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm almost certain he's said similar many times before but I could be wrong
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4350: Feb 21, 2023 10:22:38 pm
      what does Jürgen say about that because that was a reflection of our season and standards that RM just exposed in a brutal way.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4351: Feb 21, 2023 10:27:04 pm
      What was that with Hendo out on the wing and Trent in the centre of the pitch, these tactics have not worked all season and makes us look so vunerable.

Hard to say it but we look like a poorly coached team at the moment irrespective of the lack of quality available for Jürgen.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #4352: Feb 21, 2023 10:53:42 pm
      How many thrashing’s is that?

Napoli, Brighton, Brentford, wolves, madrid - in one season ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4353: Feb 21, 2023 11:25:51 pm
      How many thrashing’s is that?

Napoli, Brighton, Brentford, wolves, madrid - in one season ?

Uts, Spurs and Arsenal to come to Anfield and City away F**k knows what will happen
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4354: Feb 21, 2023 11:29:27 pm
      United have a score to settle. They could easily get 5 here ... especially with laurel and Hardy in our defence.

10 man Newcastle could still have scored 5 or more. Going to be rough.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4355: Feb 21, 2023 11:31:10 pm
      United have a score to settle. They could easily get 5 here ... especially with laurel and Hardy in our defence.

10 man Newcastle could still have scored 5 or more. Going to be rough.

Why don't you find an oven to stick your head in ?
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4356: Feb 21, 2023 11:33:49 pm
      Why don't you find an oven to stick your head in ?

Take your own advice. If your oven is big enough.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4357: Feb 21, 2023 11:34:10 pm
      What was that with Hendo out on the wing and Trent in the centre of the pitch, these tactics have not worked all season and makes us look so vunerable.

Hard to say it but we look like a poorly coached team at the moment irrespective of the lack of quality available for Jürgen.

I saw that a few times and I was thinking wtf they have seen the speed of Vinicius Jr it was just wierd and made no sense at maybe we tried to confuse them with our tactics before they humiliated us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,419 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4358: Feb 21, 2023 11:52:50 pm
      Take your own advice. If your oven is big enough.

Honestly you should just post in the knee jerk thread. Listen to you everyone would be sold
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4359: Feb 22, 2023 12:24:41 am
      Honestly you should just post in the knee jerk thread. Listen to you everyone would be sold

Listen to anyone who knows anything about football and they'll tell you alot of this squad needs moving on ... breaking up and rebuilding ... instead of just getting burned most weeks by players who are nowhere near upto standard and having players sat on the bench who arnt upto it either.

So go and post in the knee jerk lad about how trent and fab and gomez and hendo and naby and Jones and Ox etc etc are just having a bad time and it will all be ok. Make yourself feel better.

I just f*cking tell it like it is. Ignoring the obvious is what got us in this situation.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4360: Feb 22, 2023 12:30:32 am
      Really disturbing how Jürgen just didn't seem to know what to do tonight and just stood there watching as we lost this tie.

It was obvious at ht changes were needed. Even more obvious at 3-2 ... yet there's no reaction.

No change of formation or personal to try and  change the game. We literally just carried on until we were buried.

Not jurgens greatest night I'm afraid.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #4361: Feb 22, 2023 11:27:55 am
      In klopp i believe.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #4362: Feb 22, 2023 11:54:23 am
      He should be doing better even if everyone thinks the team is all old age pensioners or something, he had a lesser team early days and did much better than what we've witnessed on the whole this season and now this team has all conquering experienced generals here so yes it's not all hippy dippy Klopp can do whatever but he's still this charming German guy who does good interviews and smiles when we screw up in games.
       I'm sick of seeing lemon faced bloated faced Ancelotti outsmarting him for one.
       This isn't a religion and I don't do this always have faith in Klopp stuff, he needs to have a rethink of his whole outlook on football, his tactics his choices of subs, his staff, his everything. If the manager is slacking off everyone is.
      While I don't mind that in a normal job if people can get away with slacking then good luck, but when you are earning mega mega money then make some effort and don't lie about not needing transfers either.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4363: Feb 22, 2023 12:48:52 pm

He's our guy mate but I just wanted us to do something while we were still in it scoreline wise to ensure we were still in the tie going over there. But he just stood there and didn't change anything till we were 5-2 down and the game was gone.

We could have gone 4231 ... Sat deeper ... got more compact but  we stayed as we were and they just walked through us. We were comedy gold at the back again and we just seemed to accept it rather than change it at 2-2 when we had been saved by the bell so to speak. I don't want to knock Jürgen ... I just thought it was obvious and ominous at half time that personal and formation needed changing and we had to try and stay in the tie.

We did nothing and I find that worrying.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #4364: Feb 22, 2023 01:03:10 pm
      Really disturbing how Jürgen just didn't seem to know what to do tonight and just stood there watching as we lost this tie.

It was obvious at ht changes were needed. Even more obvious at 3-2 ... yet there's no reaction.

No change of formation or personal to try and  change the game. We literally just carried on until we were buried.

Not jurgens greatest night I'm afraid.

I mean, he can't go out and manipulate the players physically or mentally do do what they are supposed to do. There's only so much he can do and they have to ultimately perform what he wants. It's obvious they didn't. Either because they didn't want to or because they can't. Either way, not a good reality to face.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4365: Feb 22, 2023 01:51:19 pm
      I mean, he can't go out and manipulate the players physically or mentally do do what they are supposed to do. There's only so much he can do and they have to ultimately perform what he wants. It's obvious they didn't. Either because they didn't want to or because they can't. Either way, not a good reality to face.

No but he can change personal. Change formation ... change tactics to make sure we stay in the tie. But we just carried on as we were ... changed nothing and they took full advantage.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4366: Feb 22, 2023 02:35:09 pm
      I don't like Danny Murphy as a pundit but he did ask two pertinent question. Firstly Jürgen has asked the owners for more support and has not been given it or he has shown far too much loyalty to these older players either way we are left with a huge problem going forward
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #4367: Feb 22, 2023 03:30:49 pm
      No but he can change personal. Change formation ... change tactics to make sure we stay in the tie. But we just carried on as we were ... changed nothing and they took full advantage.

Our players can't execute the tactics that Jürgen has put in place as it is...the ones they've been drilled on for years. What makes you think they'll be able to all of the sudden just switch gears and execute something different?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4368: Feb 22, 2023 06:30:45 pm
      All season despite the obvious Jürgen has wanted to play the 433 experimenting with Elliot as a midfielder or Trent as an inverted full back.

None have worked and in fact usually make us look worse than what we are.

As I doubt he will be getting a war chest in the summer the simplest solution would be a couple of powerhouse full of running midfielders who don’t get beat for pace or lack mobility.

Our forward power will always create chances but it’s stopping the opposition from overloading our defenders which is the issue.
      No defenders in the world can cope with runners from every angle bearing down on you.

Sort the lack of athleticism in the engine room and the rest is just a few tweaks.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #4369: Feb 22, 2023 07:06:29 pm
      Had a read through the early pages of the thread and it’s eye opening

Lots highlighting how well the club was run , how well we recruited players with the funds with have - this was obviously as we were doing well

Fast forward 3 and half years and the club is still doing the same - running well and recruiting well but the narrative has changed to - it’s not enough , more money needs spent , owners need to put their hands in their pocket and even seeing people question Klopp

It should never be forgotten what happened last season and how that has had an affect on the players and the manager

The same thing happened after the two seasons where we won the CL and League - we hit the Covid season and the players flagged , we had lots of injuries and everyone looked tired and shot. They then refreshed over a quieter longer summer and came back fighting

That’s what’s happening right now

The level of energy the players and manager puts out each season has an affect on them and maybe every couple of season we are going to get the drop and a season of more lows. It’s near impossible for a team to play at that high intensity year in year out - we are going to have the drop

Klopp signed an extension because he wants to be part of that going forward

Quick Reply