Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430513 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4370: Feb 22, 2023 07:13:38 pm
      I’m sure Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Milner and Bobby a year older will be oh so dynamic next season 🤣🤣🤣

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4371: Feb 22, 2023 07:14:42 pm
      I’m sure Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Milner and Bobby a year older will be oh so dynamic next season 🤣🤣🤣

I’m sure that post is supposed to mean something 🤷‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4372: Feb 22, 2023 08:31:23 pm
      Didnt Jürgen tell us all to book our tickets for Istanbul ? so maybe he has a cunning plan for the return leg.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4373: Feb 23, 2023 07:03:40 pm
      After the way we have been set up and playing this season, with all the odd tactics, players out of position he should also look at his coaching options next season and not just which players to bring in.

No point bringing in players when we have no idea how to play them!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4374: Feb 23, 2023 09:21:36 pm
      After the way we have been set up and playing this season, with all the odd tactics, players out of position he should also look at his coaching options next season and not just which players to bring in.

No point bringing in players when we have no idea how to play them!

Agree completely.

We haven't looked like a well coached side at all this season.

As much as it pains to say it part of Alex Ferguson's success and longevity was to freshen up his coaching staff as well as the playing staff.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #4375: Feb 23, 2023 10:05:54 pm
      United are on the rise with a proper manager, City are City, Arsenal has the most exciting young team in the league, Chelsea are going to continue spending until eventually it clicks. If Klopp isn't backed for a massive rebuild, he's walking away to Madrid or Bayern.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #4376: Feb 24, 2023 10:00:21 pm
      No way a manager of Jürgen's calibre goes quietly into the wilderness whilst the the passion to succeed is still there. There is unfinished business.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #4377: Feb 25, 2023 12:25:36 am
      "I am optimistic when John is optimistic, because that’s his business!" Klopp said on Friday. "I am not involved in the search for investors. Not yet! That would be funny! I did it at Dortmund once, but who cares? My job is to make sure we make it 100 percent clear what we need from a sports point of view, and then other people are responsible for giving us the resources or whatever.

"We played five years in a row in the Champions League and went through to the final three times which is massive from a money point of view. We built a stand and a training ground, the club is in a really good place, but around us, a few people are speeding up, and we cannot ignore these kind of things. It’s still about finding the right kind of players. It’s not about ‘a lot’ [of signings], it’s about the right ones. Thank God in the world of football there are a lot of ‘right' players'. Not all of them are affordable or want to come, but there are a lot of really good players out there. And that’s it."
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4378: Feb 25, 2023 09:57:07 pm
      "I am optimistic when John is optimistic, because that’s his business!" Klopp said on Friday. "I am not involved in the search for investors. Not yet! That would be funny! I did it at Dortmund once, but who cares? My job is to make sure we make it 100 percent clear what we need from a sports point of view, and then other people are responsible for giving us the resources or whatever.

"We played five years in a row in the Champions League and went through to the final three times which is massive from a money point of view. We built a stand and a training ground, the club is in a really good place, but around us, a few people are speeding up, and we cannot ignore these kind of things. It’s still about finding the right kind of players. It’s not about ‘a lot’ [of signings], it’s about the right ones. Thank God in the world of football there are a lot of ‘right' players'. Not all of them are affordable or want to come, but there are a lot of really good players out there. And that’s it."

;D after tonight.

Plus even more convinced he needs a shake up in his coaching team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4379: Feb 25, 2023 09:58:41 pm
      ;D after tonight.

100%

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4380: Feb 25, 2023 10:08:11 pm
      You have had one sh*te season Jürgen.

Deserves the summer to sign some players and sort it out but no doubt he's having a nightmare at the moment. Can't make sense of so many of the things he's deciding to do.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4381: Feb 26, 2023 04:46:28 am
      I’m not convinced a revamped coaching team is the answer to our problems, no one complained when we won the league, CL et al, the team back then was virtually unplayable, but we’ve been dropping like a fat lad on a seesaw ever since,

the lack of quality, depth of squad, aged players, knackered players, intensity fatigue, injuries, injuries to key individuals, players leaving, new ones adjusting, newish system, etc etc, have all contributed to our capitulation, Not the coaching staff, nor the methods employed, like good players, they don’t become bad ones overnight, same with coaches,
      It’s not the coaching team but the system used, a system with such high intensity it murders players legs quickly and burn out becomes reality, the players train like they play, we only see them perform for 95 mins 2/3 times a week, but these players have to do it every training session they’re at the AxA.

It’s all fine and dandy when we’re all singing from the same song sheet but throw a spanner in and suddenly Tits go up, performance goes down as too confidence, followed by the dominoes and coaching staff are sh*te at Dominoes, too many blanks & spots !!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4382: Feb 26, 2023 07:14:03 am
      Imagine him sitting there at home, on the end of his bed, thinking what the actual f**k?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #4383: Feb 26, 2023 12:23:33 pm
      I see a lot of people getting on his case that he needs to change things up but maybe he doesn’t want to change things up. Maybe he only knows one way to play….heavy metal. And if our players can’t play that style anymore, we need players that can.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #4384: Feb 26, 2023 12:36:09 pm
      A mate of mine text us last night saying "Sadio Mane is to Jürgen Klopp what Luis Suarez was to Brendan Rodgers"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4385: Feb 26, 2023 02:35:07 pm
      ;D after tonight.

Christ he can't any money for signings, definitely not getting anything extra for wages for new staff!! :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4386: Feb 26, 2023 02:36:56 pm
      A mate of mine text us last night saying "Sadio Mane is to Jürgen Klopp what Luis Suarez was to Brendan Rodgers"

Don't know about that because in there pomp, sadio also had Prime Bobby and Gini motoring about in midfield. No one with the energy of Gini in midfield at the moment.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #4387: Feb 26, 2023 03:34:36 pm
      One word to Chelsea dreaming about Klopp replacing their sh*te manager " F**k off"
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #4388: Feb 26, 2023 04:18:03 pm
      Just so demoralising that the boss didn’t prevent this from occurring

He definitely got caught off guard and it’s cost us

The greatest managers constantly refresh and I don’t want to hear he had no money. He does have it but didn’t spent it as klopp said he didn’t need a midfielder etc

Hopefully he learns from this and it doesn’t happen again

The problem is the lack of planning from klopp and it is his job to plan in terms of succession means more players are going to be leaving as others have suffered

With all that being said, having thought about it and the settling down and accepting where we are as a club, I do want klopp to stay as I’ve calmed down, after all he won the pl and the cl, maybe I just expected him to prevent this from happening but even he makes errors, has he made mistakes ? Yes, big time imo and I do believe has he done better we could have prevented this season. My only concern is when things get tough we fckn have a world war 3 crisis and lose everywhere, like the cb season issue we had, it seems we either are great or sh*te, no middle point which is so odd. But I don’t believe we can do much better than him and we sure can do a lot worse, he’s earned the right to fix what’s happened

Keita and ox are defo gone but if klopp was on the ball. They should have left last year and brought another in to replace them both with one player

Bobby should go, he just isn’t the Same player he once was, injuries have caught up to him imo

Matip is another, there isn’t much point in keeping him, bring in a young quality cb to partner Virgil with our sick note signing from last year also competing, use Gomez as the 4th choice since he has a contract now

Jones, send him on loan out, no point keeping a sick note, let’s see if he can get some games and fitness

That would be 5 players out guaranteed for me

Now we may have less games next season, so we may need to trim the squad a little

I would also consider letting James become a coach and let him retire

That reduces our wages a lot to compensate for the lack of cl, so 6 gone

Bring in a cb and two quality cm players if we can, that would give us hendo, Thiago, old man fab, Elliott, baj and two new cm to freshen the team up

Should allow us to rotate well and bed in the new players and use fab as a bench warmer tell he improves, for me Henderson still is decent for 60 mins of a game before he loses his legs so he is an important player still imo

So about 6 out and 3 in, 5 of the 6 out hardly play anyway

If we can then keep Diaz and jota fit, we can then have a go again

The two cm we bring in have to be work horses, is so important
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4389: Feb 26, 2023 04:31:47 pm
      One word to Chelsea dreaming about Klopp replacing their sh*te manager " F**k off"
      That's two words
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #4390: Feb 26, 2023 04:34:47 pm

Poch might end up at Chelsea. Or Zidane. Plenty of doh to throw around it seems.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4391: Feb 26, 2023 04:41:33 pm
      Poch might end up at Chelsea. Or Zidane. Plenty of doh to throw around it seems.

Don't even think Poch is the answer, he seemed to struggle with the big players at PSG.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4392: Feb 26, 2023 05:55:12 pm
      My hope after this season Klopp gets two more years (and funds) to rebuild the squad, yes he has to take some blame for the situation we are in but I wouldn't want anyone else atm to rebuild a squad them him. It is going to take a couple of windows to bring in and embed to new players into the system. Thinking 2 CM's and 1 CB in 2023 summer window and most likely another 2 CM's maybe another defender the 2024 summer window

Quick Reply