Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431006 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4531: Mar 21, 2023 11:15:28 am
      No. Poch has won only at psg which not a challenge.
      Tuchel won one cup in Germany and then at psg, where it’s not a challenge….and the champions league came at money bags Chelsea where it’s expected to win trophies. Their last manager to win champions league was di matteo who is hardly setting the world alight.

Winning the league at rangers and ending celtics 9 year dominance was an achievement.

Each to their own mate but there's a large list of people I'd even consider before Gerrard. He quite simply isn't up to the job at a top club in my opinion.

If he hadn't been a club legend no one in their right mind would even consider him for a role at the club
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4532: Mar 21, 2023 11:30:43 am
      Each to their own mate but there's a large list of people I'd even consider before Gerrard. He quite simply isn't up to the job at a top club in my opinion.

If he hadn't been a club legend no one in their right mind would even consider him for a role at the club

Who is on your list?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4533: Mar 21, 2023 12:17:14 pm

I obviously don't have an actual list as I don't obsess over stuff like this and transfers but I can say off the top of my head Gerrard isn't even in never mind in any particular position.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4534: Mar 21, 2023 12:23:42 pm

There's no need for a list. Jürgen Klopp should be given a lifetime deal at this point. Any manager named would be at best second choice to Klopp.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4535: Mar 21, 2023 02:15:48 pm
      I obviously don't have an actual list as I don't obsess over stuff like this and transfers but I can say off the top of my head Gerrard isn't even in never mind in any particular position.

Like me, I’m not obsessed, but the question was asked and I can only think of three available managers.
      Nobody on a par with Klopp.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4536: Mar 21, 2023 02:16:39 pm
      There's no need for a list. Jürgen Klopp should be given a lifetime deal at this point. Any manager named would be at best second choice to Klopp.

I’m not sure about a lifetime deal. And I agree, any alternative would be second best.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4537: Mar 21, 2023 03:38:41 pm

Xabi Alonso.
      When Klopp retires.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4538: Mar 21, 2023 04:30:45 pm
      Xabi Alonso.
      When Klopp retires.

Doing ok at Bayer at the moment , turned them around and getting them back up to Europe ,

Interesting to see how he does with a transfer window and first full season
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4539: Mar 21, 2023 05:54:40 pm
      Xabi Alonso.
      When Klopp retires.

That’s interesting…. I hadn’t even considered him.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4540: Mar 22, 2023 06:53:42 pm
      Quote from billythered
      Last night’s result hasn’t changed anything that we’d need to do anyway come the summer, we’re not out of the top four race yet although right now, the way we are playing it doesn’t bode well at all, however, the B’Mouth loss was if you want our game in hand so effectively it’s still the same sized battle we had prior to going to the Vitality,

We look a tired burned out ageing side that no longer has the legs, the quality, the stamina, the fluidity, the cohesion or the mental capability to return a style of football that would bring about a likely top four finish any other season,

A season that has seen the Arse become a serious challenger in the title race and Newcastle starting to throw their weight about too, we’ve seen the emergence of a Brighton side capable of taking on and beating those normally regarded as punching above their weight, their not, arguably they are better equipped than us right now, City are City as we all know and Chavs have emptied the bank rebuilding a side that will most likely be ahead of us recruitment wise come next season, and obviously have a settled side and will be a serious contender,

So what we looking at here is City, Arse, Chavs, MUtants, Newcastle, Brighton all ahead of us i for the top six next season, and we’re probably at least one season behind in terms of a transitional period, in short, our new side, won’t be ready next campaign either, look at the Arse model, look where they were two years ago, while we were ruling the roost Arsenal like us now were shambolic at best…..

…….So there is hope, there will be a plan of action, two years late in coming/ starting but the wheels are in motion…

It’s a massive summer for us, for Jürgen, for FSG, collectively we all know what is required, Jürgen has taken this particular squad to the brink of total exhaustion and nobody can ask of anymore than what they and he has given us the last 5 seasons,  they, all of them have done their collective part, now it’s over to FSG now to provide the necessary finances to continue the ambitions of the club and Jürgen,

The goal or one of them at the start of this season, like any other is to finish within the CL spots, that hasn’t changed, it may well be the last remaining target but it was anyway, it’s all we have left so we may as well give it absolutely everything we have, it’s not going to be easy, or pretty or even entertaining, but it will be what it will be and there’s absolutely no point whingeing and f***in moaning cos that won’t make us any better,

We are clearly in transition, we clearly need a new style of play or system, current players will / may need to adapt and new ones will need to hit the ground running, that’s a tough ask for any side rebuilding and will take time, we all need to be patient

You can't tell players that they need to hit the ground running and the rebuilding job will take time. It's one or the other. I expect there won't be much patience involved either way, and as seen below, clearly a handful of nutters have run out of it already.

We won't be getting a new way of playing. The players we have are not capable of it, and the manager isn't either. It's going to be the same way next year and every year he is here, it's been like that since Day 1, and he knows no other way. We just have to make the best of it.

And the tired excuse is back. Where was all this exhaustion and fatigue when we were beating teams 7-0 and 9-0, and beating Manchester City at home? Load of rubbish, to cover up every single negative result, when we know what the real issues are. We're not playing 63 games this year and there won't be any parades, but if you want us to be successful again, that's the amount of games we're going to have to play to get there. And I would rather play 63 games a season, than have nothing to play for before the clocks go forward.

The target may be finishing in the top 4, but it's about as mouth watering as being told that you don't go home empty handed on a gameshow, after you've missed winning the jackpot. The punishment for not winning the group was this tie, and the outcome was known as soon as the draw was made. You don't beat Real Madrid in the European Cup unless you're perfect, and we're not right now.

Quote from instinct
      Enrique bought half of his starting 11 at Barca. Facts.
      I mean yeh Zidane walked into a winning Madrid team. Hard to argue with that but Madrid are always players. But he can’t argue with what he achieved. To say he couldn’t be a success at another club though, there is absolutely zero to base that off.

For klopp to stay for me he would have to reinvent his style of play because we play so predictable. Like I’ve said previous every team knows the ball over the top kills us. Can’t go on ignoring that fact.

1 goal conceded in 5 league games.
      7-0 home win against the Hillsborough singers.
      Club record league win this season.
      Broke the 30 year chain.
      Every trophy won while as boss.
      A tonne of management awards to go with it.
      Bestowed the greatest personal honour by the city.

And you really want that man gone? :lmao:

The next man through the gates will be Gerrard, but he doesn't want it yet and we don't want to give it to him. But as for those candidates mentioned, the first criteria, should be the ability to speak English, even broken English. None of them pass that mark, so that's a no. We're not Watford.

As for Zidane, he didn't walk into a team of winners, he had to rebuild the broken side tumbling down the table, that Rafa left him with. He deserves credit for that, but he won't learn English, let alone speak it, so therefore he's not an option. Same for the rest of them.

Jürgen isn't going to change, but while we're winning massive games home and away 5-0 and 7-0, he has the right to keep going as he is.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4541: Mar 23, 2023 09:23:59 am
      You can't tell players that they need to hit the ground running and the rebuilding job will take time. It's one or the other. I expect there won't be much patience involved either way, and as seen below, clearly a handful of nutters have run out of it already.

We won't be getting a new way of playing. The players we have are not capable of it, and the manager isn't either. It's going to be the same way next year and every year he is here, it's been like that since Day 1, and he knows no other way. We just have to make the best of it.

And the tired excuse is back. Where was all this exhaustion and fatigue when we were beating teams 7-0 and 9-0, and beating Manchester City at home? Load of rubbish, to cover up every single negative result, when we know what the real issues are. We're not playing 63 games this year and there won't be any parades, but if you want us to be successful again, that's the amount of games we're going to have to play to get there. And I would rather play 63 games a season, than have nothing to play for before the clocks go forward.

The target may be finishing in the top 4, but it's about as mouth watering as being told that you don't go home empty handed on a gameshow, after you've missed winning the jackpot. The punishment for not winning the group was this tie, and the outcome was known as soon as the draw was made. You don't beat Real Madrid in the European Cup unless you're perfect, and we're not right now.

1 goal conceded in 5 league games.
      7-0 home win against the Hillsborough singers.
      Club record league win this season.
      Broke the 30 year chain.
      Every trophy won while as boss.
      A tonne of management awards to go with it.
      Bestowed the greatest personal honour by the city.

And you really want that man gone? :lmao:

The next man through the gates will be Gerrard, but he doesn't want it yet and we don't want to give it to him. But as for those candidates mentioned, the first criteria, should be the ability to speak English, even broken English. None of them pass that mark, so that's a no. We're not Watford.

As for Zidane, he didn't walk into a team of winners, he had to rebuild the broken side tumbling down the table, that Rafa left him with. He deserves credit for that, but he won't learn English, let alone speak it, so therefore he's not an option. Same for the rest of them.

Jürgen isn't going to change, but while we're winning massive games home and away 5-0 and 7-0, he has the right to keep going as he is.

Rafa was only there 6 months.
      Wasn’t a team full of winners? That sums you up, you could have easily of Googled their honours from the previous season or two and found out what they won before you make yourself look like an idiot.

Champions league
      Club World Cup
      Copa del rey
      Club World Cup
      UEFA super cup

Hardly a team of winners was it.

Gerrard won’t be the next man in the job at Anfield. Just show how naive you really are to assume that. FSG implement new signings based on stats and performances, they’ve already made the mistake of bringing a less experienced manager in ( Rodger’s) these guys don’t make the same mistake twice.
      Gerrard won’t even be  in contention unless he can improve his own stats as a manger in an elite football competition (I,e premier league, European competition)
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2023 09:32:35 am by instinct »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4542: Mar 23, 2023 12:44:23 pm
      Wasn’t a team full of winners? That sums you up, you could have easily of Googled their honours from the previous season or two and found out what they won before you make yourself look like an idiot.

Champions league
      Club World Cup
      Copa del rey
      Club World Cup
      UEFA super cup

Gerrard won’t be the next man in the job at Anfield. Just show how naive you really are to assume that. FSG implement new signings based on stats and performances, they’ve already made the mistake of bringing a less experienced manager in ( Rodger’s) these guys don’t make the same mistake twice.
      Gerrard won’t even be  in contention unless he can improve his own stats as a manger in an elite football competition (I,e premier league, European competition)

How about Alonso?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4543: Mar 23, 2023 01:21:14 pm
      Despite Gerrards relatively poor showing at Villa I think he will be a consideration. I said at the time Villa wasn't a good fit. They're the Everton of the midlands. Depends on what he does over the next year or two. He's signed up to Channel 4 coverage of the Euro qualifiers. Might be waiting to see what comes up in the summer, just hope he doesn't take the cushy number route.

As for the managerial merry-go-round..Pochettino, Tuchel, etc..no thanks. As for Alonso, possibly, loves the club. Just depends on his progress.

On the Klopp front, he has a lot of credibility in the bank,so he's earned the right to put things right.  If we miss top 4 and If say 12-15 games into next season and it's not working then who knows. Again Klopp has earned the right to be given time..but for how long is a moot point. But I still back him 100%...just speculating..
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2023 01:53:34 pm by Harrisimo »
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4544: Mar 23, 2023 02:11:22 pm

Too early to tell with alonso yet, but as things are right now he’s on an upward trajectory. If he could get leverkusen into European competition and get down to the business end of it and get back into Champions league places next season. Then yes he should be considered.

However if things don’t go well between now and october/ November time I believe the vacancy will come to soon for Alonso to be seriously considered.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4545: Mar 23, 2023 10:01:25 pm
      Well, Nagelsman is now available  :roll:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4546: Mar 23, 2023 11:11:41 pm

Don't go there with Rafa with this fella. Defo killed his cat or some mad sh*t.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4547: Mar 26, 2023 11:43:40 pm
      Conte out at Spurs. Given his cards more or less, after slagging off his own players. Sure the club did everything for him when he was sick but lost the dressing room after saying.."I see selfish players". Some might say it was Conte himself who succumbed to the pressure.

Think Newcastle are our main rival anyway.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4548: Mar 28, 2023 09:34:05 am
      How F***ing horrible and depressing has the last couple of weeks been? Only going to worse with the upcoming fixtures.

Let’s delete these season asap and refresh in the summer - Klopp is our man for the refresh.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4549: Mar 28, 2023 05:04:13 pm
      Quote from instinct

Champions league
      Club World Cup
      Copa del rey
      Club World Cup
      UEFA super cup

The job is his if he wants it. Which he will. And he'll be much more affordable for FSG than everyone else you suggested.

Rafa achieved 2 notable things managing his home town club. Get humiliated at home by Barcelona and get thrown out of the cup for fielding an ineligible player, as well as taking his usual wrecking ball to the rest of the side. In came Zidane and the players with all the honours you mention, started to win some more. Most of those honours also apply to our players and this manager, that you want rid of, for reasons best known to yourself.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #4550: Mar 30, 2023 04:27:55 am
      They've done ok in certain ways this season, I've went through rougher periods with Liverpool and some clubs have went through zero of the highs we've had and certain of the fanbases you can only admire them all the more.... bloody heck for that. I've put football in context. I've been upset this season a lot, we did so well last season but I was still like why the hell can't we score in open play? We got lucky too there last year, earn your luck n all that. One thing I will never do is rest my own peace of mind on a scoreline of a football game again.
       Just can't be arsed mates and matesses, too many other things in life to rest everything I am on. An ensemble of random people just coz they wear a Liverpool shirt but earn 200 thousand a week, f**k off no relation to my life that, I'll still go the pub sometimes and feel the rush.
       It shouldn't ruin your weekend not even 10 minutes after the game, Millionaires just f**king around with a ball, pfff, what's that really got to do with anything realistically but hey man don't get me wrong footy is beautiful to watch when played well most times this season we haven't played football even enough to be called that. Not a downer, just, I like watching good footy and if we aren't playing it then, I have no qualms just going ah f**k all this like when I was much younger, what's the alternative? Talking finances with Lallana and Clred, fuuuu that people, life is there. Footy aint life.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2023 04:35:13 am by Crunchycrisps »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4551: Mar 30, 2023 09:19:32 am
      Klopp is here for another few years, he will build this new team then leave happy. after giving us decade of his life.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4552: Mar 30, 2023 02:56:41 pm
      Klopp is here for another few years, he will build this new team then leave happy. after giving us decade of his life.

F**k that, he's not allowed to go anywhere. I don't even want to think about the alternatives once he's gone.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4553: Mar 31, 2023 08:47:19 am
      F**k that, he's not allowed to go anywhere. I don't even want to think about the alternatives once he's gone.

l o l

Life moves on man. We thought the same about shanks, paisley & kenny.

Quick Reply