Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 441948 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4554: Mar 31, 2023 09:05:21 am
      l o l

Life moves on man. We thought the same about shanks, paisley & kenny.

Look what happened after Kenny 🙈
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4555: Mar 31, 2023 12:49:48 pm
      Look what happened after Kenny 🙈

l o l. true
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4556: Apr 01, 2023 02:31:50 pm
      Looks a spent force.

Honestly I have doubts if he can turn this around.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4557: Apr 01, 2023 03:07:18 pm
      Looks a spent force.

Really surprised with you view Si. Surely you have to take into account the tools he has available?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #4558: Apr 01, 2023 03:13:31 pm
      Looks a spent force.

We know the boss is an excellent motivator and very infectious. If he can’t even do it, then there has to be a big problem with the players!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4559: Apr 01, 2023 03:17:01 pm
      Really surprised with you view Si. Surely you have to take into account the tools he has available?

It's still a top four squad of players.

He's been involved in allowing the midfield to stagnate and if anything has been more culpable than others in that.

I'm not absolving the players, or the recruitment team, or the owners, but I think there is a conversation to be had that maybe his time is coming to an end.

And it's more that he looks spent and out of ideas and once that happens then it only goes one way.

Make no mistake were not getting rid of a bunch of players and if results continue like this into next season supporters will turn.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #4560: Apr 01, 2023 03:19:28 pm

He's been involved in allowing the midfield to stagnate and if anything has been more culpable than others in that.

I'm not absolving the players, or the recruitment team, or the owners, but I think there is a conversation to be had that maybe his time is coming to an end.

And it's more that he looks spent and out of ideas and once that happens then it only goes one way.

Make no mistake were not getting rid of a bunch of players and if results continue like this into next season supporters will turn.

It’s not a top squad of players though is it?

Look at city…..they have to sit Foden and Haaland and still trot out a team that could win a Champion’s League trophy. We trot out a midfield of two old men and a kid.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4561: Apr 01, 2023 03:22:29 pm
      It’s not a top squad of players though is it?

Look at city…..they have to sit Foden and Haaland and still trot out a team that could win a Champion’s League trophy. We trot out a midfield of two old men and a kid.

I said Top Four squad of players.

And it is.

Look I'm not saying Jürgen is the only one who needs to look at himself but I think many of you lot are absolving him of responsibility that is his.

We look like one of the most poorly coached sides in the league this season. Absolutely dreadful to watch.

The players are not responding to him that much seems clear enough.

I'm not saying 'sack the manager', I'm just opening a debate that maybe should have already been happening.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #4562: Apr 01, 2023 03:27:52 pm
      I said Top Four squad of players.

And it is.

Look I'm not saying Jürgen is the only one who needs to look at himself but I think many of you lot are absolving him of responsibility that is his.

We look like one of the most poorly coached sides in the league this season. Absolutely dreadful to watch.

The players are not responding to him that much seems clear enough.

I'm not saying 'sack the manager', I'm just opening a debate that maybe should have already been happening.

If you aren’t saying sack the manager then there is no discussion. Because if you don’t want him sacked then you want him to stay. There is no in between. And be careful what you ask for.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #4563: Apr 01, 2023 03:33:41 pm
      Think he will be reflecting on his future these next few weeks. I think he wants to stay but if he does he needs to have a reset and get back into his '2015-2016 mindset'. Back when we were underdogs and building the side to challenge for the major trophies. He needs to ask himself if he's got the energy to find that version of himself to go again.

If he thinks he has then he's certainly earned the right to another season to get us going again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4564: Apr 01, 2023 03:35:33 pm
      If you aren’t saying sack the manager then there is no discussion. Because if you don’t want him sacked then you want him to stay. There is no in between. And be careful what you ask for.

What a silly statement. You can say you have doubts the manager is up for the rebuild without wanting him sacked.

Bit ok then. I'll say it again.

For a number of reasons I have doubts if Jürgen is the man for this rebuild.

He may well find the solutions but on present viewing the players simply are not responding to him and he has been out thought by more than a handful of teams and manages that are supposedly inferior to him this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #4565: Apr 01, 2023 03:38:33 pm

What a silly statement. You can say you have doubts the manager is up for the rebuild without wanting him sacked.

Bit ok then. I'll say it again.

For a number of reasons I have doubts if Jürgen is the man for this rebuild.

He may well find the solutions but on present viewing the players simply are not responding to him and he has been out thought by more than a handful of teams and manages that are supposedly inferior to him this season.
      But Si, if all the results were the same, I think there’s validity to that line of thinking, but some games we’ve looked outstanding again (7-0 anyone). At home we play well. So why do we not play well on the road? Is that down to Klopp or the players? I submit the players are letting him down because one game they do what they are supposed to and one game they don’t. There doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason other than home and away.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4566: Apr 01, 2023 03:41:00 pm
      But Si, if all the results were the same, I think there’s validity to that line of thinking, but some games we’ve looked outstanding again (7-0 anyone). At home we play well. So why do we not play well on the road? Is that down to Klopp or the players? I submit the players are letting him down because one game they do what they are supposed to and one game they don’t. There doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason other than home and away.

That's a decent enough point mate and maybe why I've been so up and down with my judgement this season.

At times I've put it down to Jürgen working things out that'll pay off next season but then the next game it's back the to same insipid sh*te.

I'm not saying 'Jürgen out', he's earned the right to go again next season and then some.

What I'm saying that I have doubts. I think he may well even have doubts.

I think the players are possibly not hearing him anymore.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,601 posts | 139 
      Reply #4567: Apr 01, 2023 03:41:58 pm
      Liverpool existed and won several trophies way before Klopp. I don't understand why is he some untouchable god that people are afraid to question.

I'm fine with giving him a chance next season, but if the next season is the same scenario then we need a change.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4568: Apr 01, 2023 03:44:53 pm

It reminds me of the last season under kenny.
      We had great visitors against United (4-0) and derby (7-1) but the players were that little bit older and everything was taking its toll. When we were good we were still best team in the land, but when we were bad we were awful.
      Following season we were no where near (despite cup success) and the aura and belief had gone. And it was not to come back for 30 years.

The players look like they can’t wait for the season to end and Klopp looks like he has no answers.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we go several years now without competing and struggling to finish top 4.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #4569: Apr 01, 2023 03:47:25 pm
      Liverpool existed and won several trophies way before Klopp. I don't understand why is he some untouchable god that people are afraid to question.

I'm fine with giving him a chance next season, but if the next season is the same scenario then we need a change.

He has banked in a lot of credit. And we fans love our players and staff when they’re one of ours. It has to be beyond reasonable doubt that he’s no longer effective for us to believe that he should go. I don’t think we are there yet because some players or most of them can’t be arsed at least.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4570: Apr 01, 2023 03:54:33 pm

Some doubts creeping in  ( with me ) that your still have a top 4 squad of players. I think the only thing  Klopp guilty of is being too much of a Mr nice guy with your owners. All though many can reason that you can only spend what you earn in relation to FSG supporters I can see why many fans doubt them.

I think the reason why Klopp not changing  ( formations ) things round as much as some fans want is that he knows some players don’t have the capacity to do so, hence no plan b like many asking for.

Maybe I’m doing what many do on here in match threads! Wearing rose tints 🤷‍♂️  regards my opinion on him, who knows, time will tell.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #4571: Apr 01, 2023 03:58:24 pm
      Won't be doing the media's job for them. The manager has earned the right to rebuild the squad. Anyone who says otherwise needs their noggin checked. Just need to get to the end of this god forsaken season, breathe a sigh of relief and vow that it can never be allowed to happen again.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4572: Apr 01, 2023 04:03:25 pm
      Some doubts creeping in  ( with me ) that your still have a top 4 squad of players. I think the only thing  Klopp guilty of is being too much of a Mr nice guy with your owners. All though many can reason that you can only spend what you earn in relation to FSG supporters I can see why many fans doubt them.

I think the reason why Klopp not changing  ( formations ) things round as much as some fans want is that he knows some players don’t have the capacity to do so, hence no plan b like many asking for.

Maybe I’m doing what many do on here in match threads! Wearing rose tints 🤷‍♂️  regards my opinion on him, who knows, time will tell.

Form can change opinions. At the beginning Of the season most folk thought we were ‘light years’ ahead of the other clubs bar city.
      Yet here we are with Arsenal top of the league in April.
      All of a sudden we don’t have a top 4 squad.

You have seen at your club how a bit of belief and confidence can change the entire outlook. That’s when you score late goals more often and not. Problem is with Liverpool, everyone looks tired. It’s mentality. When we had monster mentality we reached points no non cheating club has ever achieved. Without monster mentality every single flaw is exposed.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4573: Apr 01, 2023 04:15:35 pm
      Form can change opinions. At the beginning Of the season most folk thought we were ‘light years’ ahead of the other clubs bar city.
      Yet here we are with Arsenal top of the league in April.
      All of a sudden we don’t have a top 4 squad.

You have seen at your club how a bit of belief and confidence can change the entire outlook. That’s when you score late goals more often and not. Problem is with Liverpool, everyone looks tired. It’s mentality. When we had monster mentality we reached points no non cheating club has ever achieved. Without monster mentality every single flaw is exposed.

To be fair your squad ( not first 11 ) not been good for a while. When you won the league you did it with very few injuries. 

I always felt United had a good ( top 4 ) squad but the man at the wheel was totally inept of getting the best out of them which I said at the time.

Liverpool are mentally fcuked though and that’s been the case all season which is down to your exploits of last year.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4574: Apr 01, 2023 04:21:07 pm

To be fair your squad ( not first 11 ) not been good for a while. When you won the league you did it with very few injuries. 

I always felt United had a good ( top 4 ) squad but the man at the wheel was totally inept of getting the best out of them which I said at the time.

Liverpool are mentally fcuked though and that’s been the case all season which is down to your exploits of last year.

It’s possible that Klopp turned 6/10 players into world beaters. But now his magic is wearing off the players are at their true level.

As for last seasons exploits, yeah it could be having a negative effect.. But even so, the levels have dropped so much I’d argue that it’s actually unprofessional. Moping about feeling sorry for themselves is not acceptable. But also, key players are not old.

Personally, I think this squad is finished. And it’ll take longer than Klopps current contract to fix it.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #4575: Apr 01, 2023 04:26:06 pm
      It’s possible that Klopp turned 6/10 players into world beaters. But now his magic is wearing off the players are at their true level.

As for last seasons exploits, yeah it could be having a negative effect.. But even so, the levels have dropped so much I’d argue that it’s actually unprofessional. Moping about feeling sorry for themselves is not acceptable. But also, key players are not old.

Personally, I think this squad is finished. And it’ll take longer than Klopps current contract to fix it.

I think we can probably turn it round in two seasons if we get it right, but a lot needs to go right in terms of recruitment and heads both on and off the pitch. We don't have a lot of margin for correcting things because we haven't planned well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4576: Apr 01, 2023 04:29:37 pm

There’s no question he improved players, especially the ones he brought in.

The level has dropped and there’s no doubt you can call some of the players, especially the money the greedy kunts are on.

I think like United you need at least 5 players and that won’t be achieved in one transfer market. Certainly not an overnight fix as well you’ll know.

Quick Reply