Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430664 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4922: May 18, 2023 06:10:47 pm
      And Tierney has been punished for his sheer incompetence...by being given the FA Cup Final to referee.

Welcome to Britain - where you are awarded for failure.

Boss get two match ban for the odd word out of place...Lino sets about Robbo and walks away scott free..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4923: May 18, 2023 06:59:27 pm
      sh*t rag DAily Mirror having a pop at Jürgen for his grovelling apology which it is anything but. Hopefully it will bind the lads even tighter for the last two games doing it for the boss get those T shirts printed.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4924: May 18, 2023 07:24:00 pm
      Boss get two match ban for the odd word out of place...Lino sets about Robbo and walks away scott free..
      Like the rest of us I see JK in almost saint territory; however you can't conflate Klopp screaming into the face of a match official with the linesman shrugging off (uncalled for and a tad narky I'll give you that) Andy R. For a start JK is the face of the club and as such is held up as a role model....and it's that high profile that merited the charge against him. The linesman no one knows and can't be a role model to anyone (other than his kids maybe?)....The linesman's brush off, shrug whatever it was ...was stupid not threatening...Klopp's was.

Apologies...seems Ive got this confused...The ban is for his comments about the ref and not the scream at the fourth official. Still he, and all the other managers know you can't claim refs are deliberately biased against you....not in public anyway.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2023 08:25:58 pm by Longy-Shops »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4925: May 18, 2023 11:52:38 pm
      Couldn't find a thread for Pep but what's he up to here?   :soccer_h4h:

:lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4926: May 20, 2023 10:50:30 am
      Boss going to ask FA if £75k fine is going to 'good cause'. The FA will say they are a 'not for profit organisation and fines go towards grass roots football'.

That's more or less all he'll get from them and recipient of the fine doesn't get to say where the money goes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #4927: May 20, 2023 12:09:43 pm

There's no doubt in my mind that the top level PL referees hide behind the savagery and abuse of referees at junior and Sunday league level. The experiences of what goes on at low/amateur level is just not the same as what the likes of Tierney and co are subjected to. That's what makes them more cowardly in my eyes. Their situation their environment is entirely different to what goes on at lower level. We are all are exposed to a mass media environment where everyone seemingly has to chip in. The fans have their fan groups, their podcasts and YouTube channels to vent their opinion. The players and managers have the major broadcasters and newspapers where they are held to account. The referees...nothing. Not even microphones during matches. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4928: May 20, 2023 01:17:39 pm
      give him the tannoy announcers job for today. I am sure he will still be heard and his presence felt much to the annoyance of little shits like Agbonlahor.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #4929: May 20, 2023 02:43:54 pm
      give him the tannoy announcers job for today. I am sure he will still be heard and his presence felt much to the annoyance of little shits like Agbonlahor.

I agree about Agbonlahor, should change his first name from Gabby to Gobby, fits in well with the rest of the presenters on Talkshite.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4930: May 20, 2023 02:59:32 pm

I agree about Agbonlahor, should change his first name from Gabby to Gobby, fits in well with the rest of the presenters on Talkshite.

I occasionally catch a bit of it on youtube but they love having a go at Jürgen because it will get them callers. I doubt Jürgen knows who Jason cunty is.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4931: May 20, 2023 08:23:17 pm
      There's no doubt in my mind that the top level PL referees hide behind the savagery and abuse of referees at junior and Sunday league level. The experiences of what goes on at low/amateur level is just not the same as what the likes of Tierney and co are subjected to. That's what makes them more cowardly in my eyes. Their situation their environment is entirely different to what goes on at lower level. We are all are exposed to a mass media environment where everyone seemingly has to chip in. The fans have their fan groups, their podcasts and YouTube channels to vent their opinion. The players and managers have the major broadcasters and newspapers where they are held to account. The referees...nothing. Not even microphones during matches.

Wasn't 100% serious with the 'lino' remark but I can't see why the Ref can't be answerable to the media. Should be accountable and come out and give their reasons for controversial decisions. All Prem and Championship Refs are full time Professional refs and as such should open to public scrutiny.

It would, I think, help with impartiality. If they have to account for themselves, I think they would be more consistent. VAR as well.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4932: May 20, 2023 09:20:50 pm
      It would, I think, help with impartiality. If they have to account for themselves, I think they would be more consistent. VAR as well.

Well the ref and var were a disgrace today. Shameful decisions, for which they should be held to account.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4933: May 21, 2023 08:07:36 pm
      Well the ref and var were a disgrace today. Shameful decisions, for which they should be held to account.

don't hold your breath mate this shower are as thick as thieves and I bet they had a good laugh when they see that straight Red that was just a yellow. Bet you that bald c**t on SKY will say its a yellow too.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #4934: May 22, 2023 01:26:17 am
      Not sure if anyone has posted this article anywhere on here before. But its pretty wild.

Greater Manchester referees are statistically overly generous to Manchester clubs, and statistically overly miserly to Liverpool. This surprised me, as I was clearly too naive to believe such an obvious suggestion could be true.

https://tomkinstimes.substack.com/p/referees-treat-lfc-very-differently
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4935: May 22, 2023 07:45:13 pm
      Not sure if anyone has posted this article anywhere on here before. But its pretty wild.

https://tomkinstimes.substack.com/p/referees-treat-lfc-very-differently

That takes some reading, but the stats don't lie. Clearly Tierney needs banning from Liverpool games home and away. In fact, as his bias has been exposed, he should be banned from reffing professionally anywhere. He's clearly a cheat.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4936: May 23, 2023 12:27:36 pm
      Couldn't find a thread for Pep but what's he up to here?   :soccer_h4h:

:lmao:

Is Pep in that picture I cant see anyone other than that young lady
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #4937: May 23, 2023 04:21:09 pm
      Is Pep in that picture I cant see anyone other than that young lady

What a terrible habit to pick up from the members of PGMOL. You probably can't see it even with VAR! Those terrible refs!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4938: May 23, 2023 05:49:04 pm
      Draw some lines on it!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #4939: May 24, 2023 05:49:37 am
      refs just do their jobs as trained by their employees. they do nothing "wrong" because the system is corrupt. we saw a ref elbow a player and got off. corruption is real, don't let it consume you.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4940: May 30, 2023 02:03:24 pm
      Big summer for Jürgen now as some suggestion he has a weakness in his loyalties and is unwilling to challenge the owners over signings. Last summer was a disaster with a £4million loan signing who has played less than 30 mins in a season. I want him to be bold and state his case and lets get the quality of player we all know we need and that will not be a loan signing or a freebee.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4941: Jun 03, 2023 01:02:22 pm
      Not sure where to put this but this is a good a place as any I guess………join in if you want……

“  HAAAPPPY BIRTHDAY TO US,
                            Happy Birthday to us
                           HAAPPPY BIRTHDAY Liverpool Football Club,
                            Happy Birthday to USsssssssssss “

130 years old today, I would just like to say a Massive massive thank you to Everton FC, Cos them silly Cnuts decided to up the rental for Anfield, which was duly contested, and subsequently was bought by John Houlding, who then formed a new Football Club, to play at Anfield, circa 1891, the original name was …Everton FC & athletic grounds Ltd, but after 8 years of Everton @ Anfield relocated to Goodison, and a year later in 1892, in the March Liverpool FC formed and gained official recognition after three months from the ‘The Football Association’ who refused to recognise the club as Everton……..

…….And the rest they say is….History  !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

YNWA
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #4942: Jun 03, 2023 01:51:57 pm
      Big summer for Jürgen now as some suggestion he has a weakness in his loyalties and is unwilling to challenge the owners over signings. Last summer was a disaster with a £4million loan signing who has played less than 30 mins in a season. I want him to be bold and state his case and lets get the quality of player we all know we need and that will not be a loan signing or a freebee.

Jürgen, with all due respect to him, will do as hes told. He will expect to use the penny's he cobbles together but there's no way he pushes for more money or pushes against the tide to bring a player in. It ain't happening. And there's no way he's pushing against the new SD when push comes to shove.

Jürgen really needs to offload the likes of gomez, fabinho and thiago ... saleable assets who arnt good enough. And then bring in better players.

Selling quality like kellerher ... is not the answer. Get the deadwood out ... while it still has value. No more contacts expiring.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #4943: Jun 03, 2023 04:45:32 pm
      Jürgen, with all due respect to him, will do as hes told. He will expect to use the penny's he cobbles together but there's no way he pushes for more money or pushes against the tide to bring a player in. It ain't happening. And there's no way he's pushing against the new SD when push comes to shove.

Jürgen really needs to offload the likes of gomez, fabinho and thiago ... saleable assets who arnt good enough. And then bring in better players.

Selling quality like kellerher ... is not the answer. Get the deadwood out ... while it still has value. No more contacts expiring.
      I'm with ya on Thiago and Joe, but with Fab I could see his form improving when TAA moved forward. I do think his role needs to lessen, but his ability to read the game in the final 15-30 minutes while most of the pitch is on tired legs and him being fresh could be a promising way to seeing a game out (use him as a sub to see games out). He has limitations, but with the right guys around him you see clearly see hus attributes tributes
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4944: Jun 07, 2023 12:51:39 pm

Can’t ship out seven players fella in one swoop, 4 have gone already with a few coming in, Mac the knife being the first, we’ll probably see at least another three this window and then ship out those surplus to requirements, your Fabs, Thiago’s and more than likely Gomez too, but you can add Hendo to that list also,

We are in transition in it’s  truest form and it will take probably two maybe three windows to complete, certainly two summer windows and perhaps January window as well, by season 24/25 we will be totally transformed,

I’m hoping that the wheels of our transfer activity never grinds to a halt like it did due to Covid, imo, we are two years behind in our rebuild, unable to strengthen when we should have, resulting in this season’s abomination, hopefully that’s all in the past and we can all look forward to a new era under Jürgen, a era that will possibly be Jürgen’s fare well tour, so vital we pick up a few gongs before he bids Auf wiedersehen.

YNWA

Quick Reply