Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 449607 times
      leosc, PastorGeek, Longy-Shops and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4945: Jun 12, 2023 10:32:38 am

Can’t ship out seven players fella in one swoop, 4 have gone already with a few coming in, Mac the knife being the first, we’ll probably see at least another three this window and then ship out those surplus to requirements, your Fabs, Thiago’s and more than likely Gomez too, but you can add Hendo to that list also,

We are in transition in it’s  truest form and it will take probably two maybe three windows to complete, certainly two summer windows and perhaps January window as well, by season 24/25 we will be totally transformed,

I’m hoping that the wheels of our transfer activity never grinds to a halt like it did due to Covid, imo, we are two years behind in our rebuild, unable to strengthen when we should have, resulting in this season’s abomination, hopefully that’s all in the past and we can all look forward to a new era under Jürgen, a era that will possibly be Jürgen’s fare well tour, so vital we pick up a few gongs before he bids Auf wiedersehen.

YNWA

You can't move so many at the same time.

Fabinho, Thiago will stay. May not play so many games but will stay plus Klopp loves bedding the new signings slowly. Won't be surprised that the new signings won't play the first match of the league (Mac A will play because he knows the league).

Gomez can be shipped, but I would ship Matip rather than Gomez. Younger and more versatile.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4946: Jun 12, 2023 11:29:45 am
      Joe is great until he has a brain fart. Right though about changing the balance in the dressing room too much.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #4947: Jun 12, 2023 12:27:22 pm
      Joe is great until he has a brain fart. Right though about changing the balance in the dressing room too much.

I’m gutted he had such a terrible season because I used to love him.

Hope he can pull it back
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4948: Jun 12, 2023 03:26:02 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4949: Jun 13, 2023 11:17:39 am
      I’m gutted he had such a terrible season because I used to love him.

Hope he can pull it back

at the level these players need to perform confidence is everything and I think Joe needs to toughen up a bit he is a good player he needs to listen to Jürgen and his staff. He actually played well in place of Trent maybe that is the way forward with Trent moving into midfield.
      The set up next season will be very interesting
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #4950: Jun 13, 2023 11:56:55 am
      at the level these players need to perform confidence is everything and I think Joe needs to toughen up a bit he is a good player he needs to listen to Jürgen and his staff. He actually played well in place of Trent maybe that is the way forward with Trent moving into midfield.

I agree mate, he’s got the agility and pace to do a solid job at right back. I would deffo give him another chance
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4951: Jun 13, 2023 03:53:32 pm
      Definitely worth considering Joe as rb, if he has regular games he’ll settle into the role and essentially make it his own, we have both Connor Bradley & Calvin Ramsey to nurture and perhaps eventually be fazed in as possible replacements, and of course Trent would give Jürgen more options depending on who the opposition are and how they play, win win for me.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4952: Jun 14, 2023 12:04:15 pm
      You can't move so many at the same time.

Fabinho, Thiago will stay. May not play so many games but will stay plus Klopp loves bedding the new signings slowly. Won't be surprised that the new signings won't play the first match of the league (Mac A will play because he knows the league).

Gomez can be shipped, but I would ship Matip rather than Gomez. Younger and more versatile.

Cant see any of them leaving this summer. Matip will go for free next summer.

Gomez will be used as utility defender and depending on who we sign, he may well want out next season if he is playing less.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4953: Jun 14, 2023 12:05:11 pm

He was brilliant in the league title season. Confidence along with a lot of players was shot this season. Maybe he will come back stronger next season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #4954: Jun 14, 2023 12:54:22 pm
      Cant see any of them leaving this summer. Matip will go for free next summer.

Gomez will be used as utility defender and depending on who we sign, he may well want out next season if he is playing less.

Agree that we’ll still have Joe & Joel this season unless of course either decides that warming the Anfield home bench isn’t for them this campaign, but why would they not want to play under Jürgen Klopp irrespective of how many times they get to cross the whitewash?

Think we can all agree that the next two/three windows will determine what kind of side will develop once most of the components are thru the door, we fell behind recruitment wise due to covid which has resulted in our shittiest season since Woy had a face wub,

Imo, we need to start putting the feelers out now for replacing , Mo, Virgil, Robbo, and one or two others who are approaching their twilight zones, everyone is different of course and will have varying degrees of fitness & health, I would think that those same feelers are busy looking for replacements for Fabinho, Hendo, Joel, Thiago right now who are indeed in their twilight zones and will be fazed out within the next two windows, if not before?

In short, we need to keep the revolving door moving and keep everything as fresh as possible, ruthlessly, sometimes it’s like a broken record(kids ask yer grandparents) saying the same thing over & over, but we can’t dismiss the fact that our most successful manager, Sir Bob Paisley, was a master of his craft, he became our most successful manager because he was f***in ruthless, it didn’t much matter who you were, if he seen something or someone better, he’d try and land them, and no players under his tutelage could truly settle, he had them in the palm of his hand and they loved him for it,

Don’t think Jürgen will be quite as ruthless as Bob was, but I’d much prefer it if he were less loyal to certain individuals, a Kick up the Arse now and then harms no one, and if we’re all honest a few Arses should have been booted more than once including our highest paid performers, going back to Joel two seasons ago we all thought he was a goner, but then had a very good season, last season was a bit hit & miss so no different from anyone else,

It’s anyone’s guess which Joel Matip turns up, or indeed Joe Gomez, of the two Joel is slightly ahead in experience but then Joe has youth on his side, as well as his pace & versatility, so imo, I’d opt for holding onto Joe, however, we really need to bring in a rival for both, someone who will eventually partner Konate and become our default centre back pairing.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #4955: Jun 16, 2023 12:30:44 pm
                                                            ‘Zum Geburstag Viel Gluck
                                                             Zum Geburstag Viel Gluck
                                                            Zum Geburstag Liebe Jürgen
                                                             Zum Geburstag Viel Gluck’

Have a great Day Boss, a few Erdingers I’m sure will be order of the day, DON’T STAY SOBER !!!!

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4956: Jun 16, 2023 05:35:37 pm
      He was brilliant in the league title season. Confidence along with a lot of players was shot this season. Maybe he will come back stronger next season.

Jürgen sees these lads ever day if any of them didnt show up at Training he would let them go. We need a huge squad to go for the Quad again.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #4957: Jun 19, 2023 11:53:57 pm
      Quote from Don77
      Jürgen, with all due respect to him, will do as hes told. He will expect to use the penny's he cobbles together but there's no way he pushes for more money or pushes against the tide to bring a player in. It ain't happening. And there's no way he's pushing against the new SD when push comes to shove.

Jürgen really needs to offload the likes of gomez, fabinho and thiago ... saleable assets who arnt good enough. And then bring in better players.

Selling quality like kellerher ... is not the answer. Get the deadwood out ... while it still has value. No more contacts expiring.

When I see posters demanding Thiago and Fabinho be sold off, it reminds me of the clamour to get rid of Xabi for Barry, which thankfully never happened.

Whoever comes and goes, Jürgen has to get it right next year. With these European Cup obsessed owners, he won't survive two years without it.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #4958: Jun 20, 2023 02:27:29 am
      When I see posters demanding Thiago and Fabinho be sold off, it reminds me of the clamour to get rid of Xabi for Barry, which thankfully never happened.

Whoever comes and goes, Jürgen has to get it right next year. With these European Cup obsessed owners, he won't survive two years without it.

No comparison though really with a 27/28yr old Xabi and Thiago/Fabinho. Nor any comparison between Barry and Barella.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4959: Jun 20, 2023 08:16:19 am

Cant cure stupid mate. Seen some on the twitter wanting most of the current squad gone. l o l
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,535 posts | 1086 
      Reply #4960: Jun 20, 2023 08:33:50 am
      Cant cure stupid mate. Seen some on the twitter wanting most of the current squad gone. l o l

And what would you keep them for exactly? I've nothing against these lads but they're sellable assets.

Keep thiago so he can play 1 or 2 games every 10? And be injured most of the season again? Because that's what will happen. We all know it.

And have fabinho who has clearly declined running round like an old man and gassed after 5 minutes?

Do you want to win? With a small squad we can't have passengers and luxury players. And we can't have them leaving for nothing either.

Both could generate reasonable funds to invest for the next team.

It's never happened here for thiago. I appreciate Fab and what he's done here but we need to move forward.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4961: Jun 27, 2023 11:47:05 am
      I don't think Klopp gets enough credit.

It's easy to criticise him after a season like last season but when you've spent your entire career
      up against teams that outspend you then everything has to be almost perfect for you to win.
      As it was in 19/20 and almost was when chasing the Quadruple.

Squads need refreshing though to prevent what happened last season.
      Klopp and the players brought Liverpool back to being a powerhouse in Europe,
      all this despite 10 year spend at Anfield being  €381m vs City/United at €1bn.

The average spend of Liverpool is the equivalent of signing Mac Allister only this year
      and thinking that that alone is enough.

Klopp needs to push for investment the like that this squad has never seen without the selling of a star player. 

No doubt he knows what the squad needs and who the players are that he wants.

IKWT
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,290 posts | 763 
      Reply #4962: Jun 27, 2023 12:17:10 pm
      I don't think Klopp gets enough credit.

It's easy to criticise him after a season like last season but when you've spent your entire career
      up against teams that outspend you then everything has to be almost perfect for you to win.
      As it was in 19/20 and almost was when chasing the Quadruple.

Squads need refreshing though to prevent what happened last season.
      Klopp and the players brought Liverpool back to being a powerhouse in Europe,
      all this despite 10 year spend at Anfield being  €381m vs City/United at €1bn.

The average spend of Liverpool is the equivalent of signing Mac Allister only this year
      and thinking that that alone is enough.

Klopp needs to push for investment the like that this squad has never seen without the selling of a star player. 

No doubt he knows what the squad needs and who the players are that he wants.

IKWT
      I don't agree with your first line; The supporters have consistently voiced merited credit upon him since he arrived....I do though, as will most on here, agree with your last line.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4963: Jun 27, 2023 12:26:08 pm
      I don't agree with your first line; The supporters have consistently voiced merited credit upon him since he arrived....I do though, as will most on here, agree with your last line.

I don't mean amongst Liverpool supporters.
      In general it's Guardiola that is credited with "changing football".
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,993 posts | 3422 
      Reply #4964: Jun 27, 2023 12:30:35 pm

Klopp will never get credit outside the club because he isn’t afraid to speak his mind about the finances within the sport and the likes of City spending etc - they also will bash him the minute his passion runs over

There are the odd pundit etc that will give him the credit - the likes of Ally McCoist

But it’s also worth noting that players don’t leave without him saying so and there are a few that stayed longer than people wanted and that’s down to Klopp as well
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4965: Jun 27, 2023 12:55:36 pm

that is true.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4966: Jun 27, 2023 01:18:40 pm
      Klopp will never get credit outside the club because he isn’t afraid to speak his mind about the finances within the sport and the likes of City spending etc - they also will bash him the minute his passion runs over

There are the odd pundit etc that will give him the credit - the likes of Ally McCoist

But it’s also worth noting that players don’t leave without him saying so and there are a few that stayed longer than people wanted and that’s down to Klopp as well

On the point of small squads.
      I could see a scenario where Klopp signs Thuram and Lavia and then says he's done unless people want to leave.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,993 posts | 3422 
      Reply #4967: Jun 27, 2023 01:22:18 pm
      On the point of small squads.
      I could see a scenario where Klopp signs Thuram and Lavia and then says he's done unless people want to leave.

Potentially agree - Phillips is prob leaving , still think it’s up in the air in regards Matip

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/1673668206165204999?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

At the moment we have 4 main CBs plus Phillips, Van Den Berg and some young ones

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2023 01:30:39 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »

Quick Reply