Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 449245 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5635: Feb 26, 2024 02:07:54 pm
      I've said it before and I'll say it again: He doesn't want to go, he just feels he can't carry on....it's not the same thing.

He's going cos he see's it as the right time. He gave us an extra year. He normally leaves  clubs after 7 years. It's how he keeps fresh mentally.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #5636: Feb 26, 2024 02:17:36 pm
      He's going cos he see's it as the right time. He gave us an extra year. He normally leaves  clubs after 7 years. It's how he keeps fresh mentally.

100%..made the right decision. The man deserves to call time when he feels he can't give 100%. Totally respect his decision.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #5637: Feb 26, 2024 02:43:13 pm
      I see Piers Morgan was trying to have one of his shitty sarcastic jokes about Klopp crying after winning the Carabao Cup.

Another at heart former sun journalist who should F**k off and die.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #5638: Feb 26, 2024 02:49:43 pm
      Can't remember if it was on here I saw it but this is just another record for the boss.

Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #5639: Feb 26, 2024 07:19:58 pm
      Finding the next manager would become harder now.  It would be a letdown whoever comes in, even Alonso.  Maybe the club should just hire James Miller for a year and Let Klopp comes back the year after.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5640: Feb 26, 2024 07:27:31 pm
      I see Piers Morgan was trying to have one of his shitty sarcastic jokes about Klopp crying after winning the Carabao Cup.

Another at heart former sun journalist who should F**k off and die.

Preferably a slow one
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #5641: Feb 26, 2024 08:09:42 pm
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #5642: Feb 27, 2024 07:55:28 am

That c*nt won't remember what winning anything means so he's got to chime in somehow ... a fcuking 🔔 🔚 if ever their was one.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #5643: Feb 27, 2024 05:33:16 pm
      Number 2 should take over for 1 season while klopp recharges his batteries for the season then comes back the following season, well that’s the way I would of liked to happen in my head
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #5644: Feb 27, 2024 05:46:55 pm
      Number 2 should take over for 1 season while klopp recharges his batteries for the season then comes back the following season, well that’s the way I would of liked to happen in my head

The number 2 wants to be a no1 somewhere. Jürgen wants to slow down now. That's why he will take the Germany job at some stage. His days of high pressure high intensity 24 hours a day 7 days a week management are coming to an end. He's 57. He said he won't be managing in his 60s ... its germany and then a happy and deserved retirement to enjoy the fruits of his labour whilst he's still mobile and healthy.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 754 posts | 127 
      Reply #5645: Feb 27, 2024 05:53:41 pm
      The number 2 wants to be a no1 somewhere. Jürgen wants to slow down now. That's why he will take the Germany job at some stage. His days of high pressure high intensity 24 hours a day 7 days a week management are coming to an end. He's 57. He said he won't be managing in his 60s ... its germany and then a happy and deserved retirement to enjoy the fruits of his labour whilst he's still mobile and healthy.
      He's actually squeezing way more than 7 days work into his working weeks imho...
      His break is super well deserved, and he'll succeed at whatever position he takes up in the future no doubt, club or national.....
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #5646: Feb 27, 2024 06:52:46 pm

He's actually squeezing way more than 7 days work into his working weeks imho...
      His break is super well deserved, and he'll succeed at whatever position he takes up in the future no doubt, club or national.....
      Agree with these two posts, Jürgen has more than earned his break from the high pressure he has been under, managing such a high profile football club
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #5647: Feb 27, 2024 07:18:18 pm
      Agree with these two posts, Jürgen has more than earned his break from the high pressure he has been under, managing such a high profile football club

23 years straight I believe. Time for family time. You just can't have family time in this job. Even in the 3 or 4 weeks in summer I bet he's spending alot of time on the phone, making decisions, organising .... talking to players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #5648: Feb 27, 2024 09:07:41 pm

Pure fantasy that.

What if Ljinders does brilliantly and wins us everything? Does Jürgen come back then?

What if Ljinders is absolutely awful and gets the sack before Christmas? What if Jürgen doesn't want to come back early?

The Klopp era is coming to an end. He's a man of his word - there won't be a temporary stop gap and he's not going to change his mind about leaving. Just enjoy the next three months for what it is.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #5649: Feb 28, 2024 10:15:09 pm
      Pure fantasy that.

What if Ljinders does brilliantly and wins us everything? Does Jürgen come back then?

What if Ljinders is absolutely awful and gets the sack before Christmas? What if Jürgen doesn't want to come back early?

The Klopp era is coming to an end. He's a man of his word - there won't be a temporary stop gap and he's not going to change his mind about leaving. Just enjoy the next three months for what it is.
      Looks like you missed the bit I wrote ( that’s the way I would like to happen in my head )
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #5650: Feb 29, 2024 11:16:39 am
      Klopps not coming back as manager here.I think there's every chance he'll call it a day. The idea that there's no pressure on the National job isn't true. You're all over the place,Europe mostly looking at players.Watching hours and hours of video's.

If you have a bad result sometimes wait months to put it right. Not the same every day intensity but it's no cushy number. and I wouldn't be surprised to see him, as I say, call it a day.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #5651: Feb 29, 2024 11:37:45 am
      Klopp is the greatest manager is the history of sport.
      He's the greatest human being to have ever graced this wonderful world.

When people talk about lucky to have this or that, him or her. Believe me when I say this is what being lucky to have someone feels like. Let's make the most of these last few months. Up the reds!!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #5652: Feb 29, 2024 11:43:47 am
      Klopp is the greatest manager is the history of sport.
      He's the greatest human being to have ever graced this wonderful world.

When people talk about lucky to have this or that, him or her. Believe me when I say this is what being lucky to have someone feels like. Let's make the most of these last few months. Up the reds!!!!

He isn’t the greatest manager in the history of the sport

He isn’t even the clubs greatest ever manager
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #5653: Feb 29, 2024 11:57:03 am
      Klopps not coming back as manager here.I think there's every chance he'll call it a day. The idea that there's no pressure on the National job isn't true. You're all over the place,Europe mostly looking at players.Watching hours and hours of video's.

If you have a bad result sometimes wait months to put it right. Not the same every day intensity but it's no cushy number. and I wouldn't be surprised to see him, as I say, call it a day.
      Can't see the point of him ever taking the German national side on. Doesn't need the money, and as you say it's more work than it looks. Plus Germany is not exactly blessed with talent at the moment, so there would be considerable risk of failure.....why risk damaging a glittering career?... And even if he could steer them to success.....who ever remembers the coach?....Doe's anyone remember the coach of Argentina from just a year or so ago?
      The International gig is a nothing job suited to no marks like Southgate etc.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #5654: Feb 29, 2024 12:08:18 pm
      He isn’t the greatest manager in the history of the sport

He isn’t even the clubs greatest ever manager
      Don't even go there....it's just an opinion sitting on a bed of emotion.  I'd say he's as great as any previous manager we've had, and I don't just mean the football, his commitment to the Club and the Fans is immeasurable.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #5655: Feb 29, 2024 12:20:48 pm
      Don't even go there....it's just an opinion sitting on a bed of emotion.  I'd say he's as great as any previous manager we've had, and I don't just mean the football, his commitment to the Club and the Fans is immeasurable.

It’s stupid immature comments , constantly blurting out nonsense
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #5656: Feb 29, 2024 12:29:27 pm
      It’s stupid immature comments , constantly blurting out nonsense

There is no point being so critical. Many people have a very strong emotional attachment to Klopp's time at LFC and this makes an objective assessment impossible.

He's given me so much happiness over 9 years but discussions about the GOAT in all sports is pointless (but sometimes fun/irritating).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #5657: Feb 29, 2024 12:36:12 pm
      There is no point being so critical. Many people have a very strong emotional attachment to Klopp's time at LFC and this makes an objective assessment impossible.

He's given me so much happiness over 9 years but discussions about the GOAT in all sports is pointless (but sometimes fun/irritating).
      Yes he has been amazing for the club and he gets it

But shouts of “the clubs greatest” etc just show either a lack of maturity or a lack of understanding of the history of the club.

There is two managers that will stand above everyone in our history and one that’s the greatest ever - Bob

Quick Reply