Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 450330 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #851: Jan 22, 2021 10:30:33 am
      Genuine question, think before just throwing out a respose...

Is Jürgen at the point Shanks was in 71? Shanks broke up his team thst had brought a lot of success after a bad cup defeat. He rebuilt a better side.

Jürgen has had a core of a team for 4 years now who have spoilt us. But the style is allnout energy. We have seen thst style ease up bit by bit until were at a low point where we look short on ideas, short on energy arguably short on the same desire as before having won the league at last.

Is it Jurgens time to bresk up his first great Liverpool and build a new one? A lot of lads now hitting the 30 mark, injuries far more frequent. Is it it time to reshape and change things up?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #852: Jan 22, 2021 10:45:51 am
      Genuine question, think before just throwing out a respose...

Is Jürgen at the point Shanks was in 71? Shanks broke up his team thst had brought a lot of success after a bad cup defeat. He rebuilt a better side.

Jürgen has had a core of a team for 4 years now who have spoilt us. But the style is allnout energy. We have seen thst style ease up bit by bit until were at a low point where we look short on ideas, short on energy arguably short on the same desire as before having won the league at last.

Is it Jurgens time to bresk up his first great Liverpool and build a new one? A lot of lads now hitting the 30 mark, injuries far more frequent. Is it it time to reshape and change things up?

Yes to a point.

I think he has to break up the front three and the way we play going into next season.

That might mean selling one if we don't have the budget but I'd prefer buying a totally different type of striker like a Haaland.

I think we need to look at a creative scoring player from midfield and with Gini going I'd keep the ones we have and look for this type of player to replace him not replace like for like.

And if anyone talks about replacing the manager they have truly lost their minds by the way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #853: Jan 22, 2021 10:55:48 am
      Yes to a point.

I think he has to break up the front three and the way we play going into next season.

That might mean selling one if we don't have the budget but I'd prefer buying a totally different type of striker like a Haaland.

I think we need to look at a creative scoring player from midfield and with Gini going I'd keep the ones we have and look for this type of player to replace him not replace like for like.

And if anyone talks about replacing the manager they have truly lost their minds by the way.

Klopp has stated he won't be bringing in new signings.
      The owners insist "the money is there".

Someone's telling porkies.

Injuries are decimating the team..
      Players are playing out of position.
      Key players are not replaced like for like.
      LFC are failing champions.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #854: Jan 22, 2021 10:56:33 am
      Klopp has stated he won't be bringing in new signings.
      The owners insist "the money is there".

Someone's telling porkies.

Injuries are decimating the team..
      Players are playing out of position.
      Key players are not replaced like for like.
      LFC are failing champions.

He was talking about this transfer window mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #855: Jan 22, 2021 11:19:32 am

Something doesn’t ring true.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #856: Jan 22, 2021 12:21:30 pm

Nah it was a bit of a dig always uses we and us as a rule all the Journos picked up in it as  well
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #857: Jan 22, 2021 12:50:24 pm
      I think we need to shift out a lot of dead wood in the squad and unless Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then I think he needs replacing as well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #858: Jan 22, 2021 12:50:39 pm
      Nah it was a bit of a dig always uses we and us as a rule all the Journos picked up in it as  well

Yes about this transfer window.

My post was talking about what I think we should do I the summer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #859: Jan 22, 2021 12:53:37 pm
      I think we need to shift out a lot of dead wood in the squad and unless Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then I think he needs replacing as well.

Klopp needs replacing..?

You are a F***ing complete dickhead...

Glory hunting c**t.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #860: Jan 22, 2021 01:06:12 pm
      There are a lot of factors to consider, firstly, do you think that had Virgil & Gomez not got injured we’d be in this predicament?
      I don’t, we may still not had the fire we had last season and things would still be tight but, I doubt we would have lost points to WBA, Newcastle, Burnley etc, it is without question we have missed the big fella as well as Gomez, they were solid as and consistent, Fabinho in his familiar role too we would be in much better shape, having Thiago for all those games he was missing is another factor to consider, and then of course all those goals we’ve missed from Jota,

Put all those pieces together again like old Humpty Dumpty and I think we’d be top of the league and cruising, fact is, we have totally lost our mojo, we no longer have that unbeatable aura we had when we were flying, add the COVID no fans at Anfield, and players will react differently,

Now, maybe it is time to break up this side, I’m not sure it is, but what I will say though that maybe it’s in its last legs and this run of form has brought the inevitable forward, the core of the team is still there albeit without one or two key elements, so maybe lopping off the dead wood first and replacing with fresh shoots is the way to go,

For me the likes of  Ox, Origi, Shaqiri, Minamino, would be first through the exit door, followed by Matip, Keita if they can’t sustain fitness levels, Milner is another who could be shipped out,although reluctantly if I’m honest, for the front three it’s difficult, on their game there’s no one better, do we really break that trio up, and for who ? Mbappe, Haaland? how many Zillions would that cost us ?

I’m of the opinion that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, well, not for now anyway, we’re going through a proper sh*t period right now but there are genuine reasons why, so let’s wait and see what happens this season going into next season first and see where we’re at then, I bet once we are all back to somewhere near normality the world will realign itself and we will be back pissing all over the league.

We’ve went from doubters to believers ... to doubters again, the tide will turn again ppl, we just need to believe a bit more !

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #861: Jan 22, 2021 01:12:17 pm

Are you for real ? Replace Klopp, one of if not thee best manager there is, ok then let’s have a wander through Heimdall’s tiny mind, ...who then would you replace him with Heimy, we are all intrigued who do you have in mind ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #862: Jan 22, 2021 01:18:19 pm

What "window" were FSG  alluding to when they said "the money is there"?
      Presumably that would be following the sale of players like Suarez or Coutinho
      Any of our front three would buy a good defender and maybe the manager could identify a potential midfielder.

That said our league status would suffer on account of the money that was "there" could not be accessed apparently for quality back up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #863: Jan 22, 2021 01:18:21 pm

F***ing hell really?

This is a man who has brought us a 6th European cup, a man who has guided us to ending 30 years of hurt. He's done it on a limited budget - City, United and Chelsea have splashed the cash but he's reeled them in and surpassed them. Even mid table sides spend more than us. He's made average players into world beaters and he's done everything in the Liverpool way. He's one of us.

And here you at the first sign of trouble wanting him out. Absolutely disgraceful. I understand emotions are high during the game and straight after (I'm certainly guilty of that) but here we are the next day and you're actually talking about replacing him.

There's no one else I'd want to lead us through this difficult period, to try and get the season back on track and then to rebuild the team for the next assault on the Premier League.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #864: Jan 22, 2021 01:19:49 pm
      F***ing hell really?

This is a man who has brought us a 6th European cup, a man who has guided us to ending 30 years of hurt. He's done it on a limited budget - City, United and Chelsea have splashed the cash but he's reeled them in and surpassed them. Even mid table sides spend more than us. He's made average players into world beaters and he's done everything in the Liverpool way. He's one of us.

And here you at the first sign of trouble wanting him out. Absolutely disgraceful. I understand emotions are high during the game and straight after (I'm certainly guilty of that) but here we are the next day and you're actually talking about replacing him.

There's no one else I'd want to lead us through this difficult period, to try and get the season back on track and then to rebuild the team for the next assault on the Premier League.

Click bait pr**k him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #865: Jan 22, 2021 01:22:13 pm
      What "window" were FSG  alluding to when they said "the money is there"?
      Presumably that would be following the sale of players like Suarez or Coutinho
      Any of our front three would buy a good defender and maybe the manager could identify a potential midfielder.

That said our league status would suffer on account of the money that was "there" could not be accessed apparently for quality back up.

Look I'm not going to start going around in circles with you on this as I don't know what you're on about half the time Stu.

I was referencing Jürgen taking specifically about this current transfer window and my post that you quoted was what I think should be on our minds for the summer.
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2021 02:35:50 pm by srslfc »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #866: Jan 22, 2021 01:32:24 pm
      Sorry folks just to clarify, when I compare it to what Shanks did in 71 he obviously could do it there and then as no transfer window was in place like now. So I mean in the summer window for breaking it up and starting over
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2021 01:41:41 pm by Brian78 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #867: Jan 22, 2021 02:19:20 pm

James Pearce
      @JamesPearceLFC
      ·
      44m
      Klopp on his comments last night on transfers: "Of course someone else is making the decisions, it was always like this. The situation we discuss on a daily basis. Could we improve something or not? I don't make these decisions, I never did. Is that news?"
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #868: Jan 22, 2021 02:40:13 pm

Dead to me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #869: Jan 22, 2021 02:44:09 pm

Typical woollyback gobs***e comment!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #870: Jan 22, 2021 02:45:34 pm
      Why is it some people seem to truly delight in our team struggling?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #871: Jan 22, 2021 02:47:24 pm

So basically you want him sacked off the back of a 5 game run after winning number 6 and ending the 30 year wait.

Jesus Christ
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #872: Jan 22, 2021 02:56:23 pm
      Klopp needs replacing..?

You are a f**king complete dickhead...

Glory hunting TORY c**t.

Welcome.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      Reply #873: Jan 22, 2021 02:58:15 pm
      Sorry folks just to clarify, when I compare it to what Shanks did in 71 he obviously could do it there and then as no transfer window was in place like now. So I mean in the summer window for breaking it up and starting over

I don’t think there’s any real reason to mate, we will always welcome new faces of course and see bye to those who no longer feel they want to be here, plus shed the deadwood as well, but unless there’s a mass exodus for some unfathomable reason I see no reason to change or go a different way, well not yet, there’s plenty of miles left in this side yet IMO.

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply