Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 442758 times
      clint_call01, Arab Scouse and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #874: Jan 22, 2021 03:13:27 pm
      Look I'm not going to start going around in circles with you in this as I don't know what you're on about half the time Stu.

I was referencing Jürgen taking specifically about this current transfer window and my post that you quoted was what I think should be on our minds for the summer.

It's perfectly clear Si, JWH  stated and it's on record - the money for signings would be made available if and when the circumstances were appropriate, "the money is there" were the actual words.
      Klopp stated signings were the responsibility of FSG,  it is incredible that nobody has taken steps to fill the immeasurable void VVD's absence has caused, club economies demand that a quality replacement was not in place.
      The same scenario has transpired with other areas of play leaving us in sh*t creek.

FSG are responsible for bringing in players to maintain LFC's status as champions.
      Events prove they are not up to the task.

If there are any aspects of the above you fail to comprehend I will be glad to help.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #875: Jan 22, 2021 03:18:57 pm
      It means the club aren’t going to pay for anyone during Covid. I thought that had been articulated a long time ago. Money’s tight. No incomings until the revenue gets sorted.

Money's tight,seriously?FSG's profits are down yes but Jürgen's net spend since he joined us is around 20m,i think FSG could buy Jürgen a CB if they wanted to but they are choosing not to,where is the Premier league prize money from last season?and the CL money?We have signed a $39.5m per season shirt deal with Nike so where is that money going,they paid peanuts(300m) for us in 2010 compared to what we are worth now(brand value in 2019 of $1.3b)mainly thanks to Jürgen. I just hope Jürgen doesn't leave as we are on a slippery slope at the moment and if he privately feels he's not being supported/backed by FSG that might make him think twice about seeing his contract out.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #876: Jan 22, 2021 03:23:54 pm
      It's perfectly clear Si, JWH  stated and it's on record - the money for signings would be made available if and when the circumstances were appropriate, "the money is there" were the actual words.
      Klopp stated signings were the responsibility of FSG,  it is incredible that nobody has taken steps to fill the immeasurable void VVD's absence has caused, club economies demand that a quality replacement was not in place.
      The same scenario has transpired with other areas of play leaving us in sh*t creek.

FSG are responsible for bringing in players to maintain LFC's status as champions.
      Events prove they are not up to the task.

If there are any aspects of the above you fail to comprehend I will be glad to help.

Completely agree FSG have to step up and support Jürgen,he's not a miracle worker,VVD is one of the best in the world and he's likely to miss 34 games(take away 15 minutes of the derby game) this season and Gomez similar,we have to sign at least 1 CB.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #877: Jan 22, 2021 03:28:00 pm

I see what you did there..how did I miss that out...😂
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #878: Jan 22, 2021 03:37:22 pm

I don’t think there’s any real reason to mate, we will always welcome new faces of course and see bye to those who no longer feel they want to be here, plus shed the deadwood as well, but unless there’s a mass exodus for some unfathomable reason I see no reason to change or go a different way, well not yet, there’s plenty of miles left in this side yet IMO.

Y  N  W  A

To be honest Billy, even if we won it again this year I think.it woukd still be something that needs thinking about..

Bobby, Matip Thiago and Shaq are 30 Hendo 31 Milner 35. Gini looks like hrs already gone. Keita cant be relied on with injury. Origi probably has no real future here and the boss seems very relucrant to trust Minamino.

Add in that it might be time to apptoach games in a different light, ir go back full on heavy metal with younger legs.

Id look at it openly and not just with the view that we were poor this year, if we dont kick on
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6356 
      Reply #879: Jan 22, 2021 03:48:39 pm
      Money's tight,seriously?FSG's profits are down yes but Jürgen's net spend since he joined us is around 20m,i think FSG could buy Jürgen a CB if they wanted to but they are choosing not to,where is the Premier league prize money from last season?and the CL money?We have signed a $39.5m per season shirt deal with Nike so where is that money going,they paid peanuts(300m) for us in 2010 compared to what we are worth now(brand value in 2019 of $1.3b)mainly thanks to Jürgen. I just hope Jürgen doesn't leave as we are on a slippery slope at the moment and if he privately feels he's not being supported/backed by FSG that might make him think twice about seeing his contract out.

We literally just opened a brand new multi-million dollar training facility. Where do you think that money came from?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #880: Jan 22, 2021 04:08:31 pm
      We literally just opened a brand new multi-million dollar training facility. Where do you think that money came from?

That cost 50M,even if you add that to Jürgen's net spend it's only 30m per season!Liverpool/FSG got 175m for winning the premier league and around a hundred million the season before by winning the champions league.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #881: Jan 22, 2021 04:20:10 pm

From the sale of Melwood..😎
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6356 
      Reply #882: Jan 22, 2021 07:07:30 pm
      That cost 50M,even if you add that to Jürgen's net spend it's only 30m per season!Liverpool/FSG got 175m for winning the premier league and around a hundred million the season before by winning the champions league.

And we had to pay back TV money and we are getting no TV money this season.....that's where most of our revenue comes from, the TV deal.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #883: Jan 22, 2021 07:26:37 pm
      To be honest Billy, even if we won it again this year I think.it woukd still be something that needs thinking about..

Bobby, Matip Thiago and Shaq are 30 Hendo 31 Milner 35. Gini looks like hrs already gone. Keita cant be relied on with injury. Origi probably has no real future here and the boss seems very relucrant to trust Minamino.

Add in that it might be time to apptoach games in a different light, ir go back full on heavy metal with younger legs.

Id look at it openly and not just with the view that we were poor this year, if we dont kick on

I’m in no doubt mate that is probably being planned already, players today are much fitter than before and can last a season or two longer, especially with the nutritional science and all that, but you are correct, we need to set the wheels in motion asap so as to avoid stagnation, the 30-35 year olds are already in the twilight zone so replacements need to be found within the next season or so, money of course will play a major role in who we recruit, unless of course rabbits continue to be pulled by Edwards & Co.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #884: Jan 22, 2021 07:34:56 pm

Sure as sh*t not from FSG.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #885: Jan 22, 2021 07:45:39 pm

I’m in no doubt mate that is probably being planned already, players today are much fitter than before and can last a season or two longer, especially with the nutritional science and all that, but you are correct, we need to set the wheels in motion asap so as to avoid stagnation, the 30-35 year olds are already in the twilight zone so replacements need to be found within the next season or so, money of course will play a major role in who we recruit, unless of course rabbits continue to be pulled by Edwards & Co.

Fair point about players lasting that bit longer these days.

I think im scarred from my childhood when Souness inherited an old team and broke it up, too much, he even sold young players trying to rebuild!! And we didnt recover for a long time
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #886: Jan 22, 2021 07:49:08 pm
      Mention transfers and Stuey crawls from under his rock to blame FSG. Predictable as the sun rising in the east.

"Fans" like Heimdal and Bazspeedman are a black eye on the team and its fans. Mocking players of the team, wanting the manager replaced because of 5 games when he's won the lot with this team just a short few months ago. How the feeble quickly forget.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #887: Jan 22, 2021 07:57:19 pm
      Fair point about players lasting that bit longer these days.

I think im scarred from my childhood when Souness inherited an old team and broke it up, too much, he even sold young players trying to rebuild!! And we didnt recover for a long time

Yep, I remember, and the imminent disaster that ensued, took us years to recover, a part of our history I wish we could erase, we can take solace that it won’t ever happen again, Souness himself admitted he tried to change to quickly regretfully .

Y  N  W  A
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #888: Jan 22, 2021 07:59:15 pm

Ah, the net spenders. Gotta love those idiots.

weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #889: Jan 22, 2021 07:59:45 pm
      And we had to pay back TV money and we are getting no TV money this season.....that's where most of our revenue comes from, the TV deal.

Come on,the net spend of 20m per season,i think Jürgen deserves some backing from FSG, Jürgen has worked miracles with that net spend with some of the best football I've ever seen,i seriously think we may lose Jürgen if FSG don't start backing him NOW. Jürgen with Bob are the two best managers we have had in my lifetime.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #890: Jan 22, 2021 08:05:05 pm
      2 questions for the more knowledgeable:

1) What is the right attacking strategy to combat teams that amass all 11 players in their box?

Possible answer:
      Have the shorties wear lifts to have a better chance at crosses

2) What should FSG's sales pitch to potential pricey transfer saviors be?

Possible answer:
      Come start for a few months and then you will be benched when the better players get healthy
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #891: Jan 22, 2021 08:05:42 pm

There's a lot of rebuilding that needs to be done before Jürgen leaves in 2024, that is for sure.

You still have a few prime years left of the front 3 and Jota ready to take over in one of those spots, but the next wave of Liverpool greats need to be thought about and slowly start bringing them in.

Van Dijk 29
      Matip 29
      Gini 30 (likely leaving)
      Thiago 29
      Hendo 30
      Shaq 29

That is a lot of key positions that need attention in the next couple of years.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #892: Jan 22, 2021 08:07:47 pm
      Ah, the net spenders. Gotta love those idiots.

Who the hell you calling an Idiot?go look at this website,Jürgen's net spend is £102'650'000.These are facts,a net spend of only 20m.
      https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/Jürgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #893: Jan 22, 2021 08:07:54 pm
      Come on,the net spend of 20m per season,i think Jürgen deserves some backing from FSG, Jürgen has worked miracles with that net spend with some of the best football I've ever seen,i seriously think we may lose Jürgen if FSG don't start backing him NOW. Jürgen with Bob are the two best managers we have had in my lifetime.

Do you really think that Jürgen F***ing KLOPP, would have joined, or still be here, if he was not getting supported by the team? Are you this F***ing dense?

Klopp can quit tomorrow and teams from all over the world would be throwing money at him like desperate men at a strip club.

Get your head out of your ass.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #894: Jan 22, 2021 08:09:27 pm
      Who the hell you calling an Idiot?go look at this website,Jürgen's net spend is £102'650'000.These are facts,a net spend of only 20m.
      https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/Jürgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

You
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #895: Jan 22, 2021 08:12:49 pm

Keep up the name calling behind a keyboard and don't let the facts get in the way.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #896: Jan 22, 2021 08:18:25 pm
      Do you really think that Jürgen F***ing KLOPP, would have joined, or still be here, if he was not getting supported by the team? Are you this f**king dense?

Klopp can quit tomorrow and teams from all over the world would be throwing money at him like desperate men at a strip club.

Get your head out of your ass.

Supported by FSG not the team,the best CB in the world is out for virtually the whole season and Gomez long term so FSG need to open their wallets and buy Jürgen a CB.

Do you think you could write a sentence without the name calling or is your vocabulary that limited.

Quick Reply