Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 447861 times
      Harrisimo and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #920: Jan 23, 2021 10:26:19 am
      It doesn't but I think the money problem is football wide mate so maybe not as dramatic a story as it seems either?

Well depending on how you read it, it certainly sounds like the first time that Klopp is revealing some kinks in the “transfer committee” chain. In the past he’s always talked about how if he wanted someone the owners obliged and now he’s basically saying he wanted a CB but they said no.

Google Mookie Betts. Red Sox fans have been warning Liverpool supporters about FSG’s reluctance to spend big for success. I know they’ve always said that’s the way they do business but that’s not always possible if you expect to challenge for trophies.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #921: Jan 23, 2021 10:34:53 am
      You do sometimes, despite rubbing a lot of posters up the wrong way, post things that ring true.

I think we need to shift out a lot of dead wood in the squad and unless Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then I think he needs replacing as well.

But that is absolute horsesh*t. Give your head wobble mate.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #922: Jan 23, 2021 10:47:06 am

who then would you replace him with Heimy, we are all intrigued who do you have in mind ?

A blow up doll with Maggie Thatcher's face on 😂
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #923: Jan 23, 2021 11:32:43 am
      Well depending on how you read it, it certainly sounds like the first time that Klopp is revealing some kinks in the “transfer committee” chain. In the past he’s always talked about how if he wanted someone the owners obliged and now he’s basically saying he wanted a CB but they said no.

Google Mookie Betts. Red Sox fans have been warning Liverpool supporters about FSG’s reluctance to spend big for success. I know they’ve always said that’s the way they do business but that’s not always possible if you expect to challenge for trophies.

I don't really see it as a kink in the system, given that every club has pretty much the same system.

I see it as a coach who knows he needs a player and those who are in charge of buying said player telling the coach unfortunately we can't so it at this moment in time.

It seems like Jürgen just wanted the supporters to know that he's aware of the situation, wanted to solve it, but right now it's not possible.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #924: Jan 23, 2021 12:05:27 pm
      I don't really see it as a kink in the system, given that every club has pretty much the same system.

I see it as a coach who knows he needs a player and those who are in charge of buying said player telling the coach unfortunately we can't so it at this moment in time.

It seems like Jürgen just wanted the supporters to know that he's aware of the situation, wanted to solve it, but right now it's not possible.

this is how I read it too.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #926: Jan 23, 2021 12:49:53 pm

And you'll find the ridiculous contract extension offers the Red Sox made to Betts that he kept turning down. Last offer i believe was 10yrs and 300M. Hardly reluctant to spend if you're throwing around 300M offers to a player.

Another problem with baseball is that damn union, who pushes elite players to reject extensions and become free agents to squeeze every possible penny out of a new contract which will raise the bar for everyone else.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #927: Jan 23, 2021 12:54:05 pm

Klopp has always said how he has always been supported by the ownership group and in his tenure this is the first time he has said money is not available to him. Team must be really hurting financially which should be no surprise to anyone given we're almost a year into this covid bullshit.

In that same article Klopp says “When I say this, I know of course what we would do in an ideal world, but the world is not ideal,” he added. “So we have to deal with the situation." so it's obvious that if not for covid we would have been active in the transfer window.

Looks like we spent our bullets on Thiago and Jota.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #928: Jan 23, 2021 12:55:44 pm
      You ask how he doesn't get it and then completely miss his point! He's not asking for the most expensive toy in the shop necessarily, but for the club to pursue whatever targets Klopp and the scouting team/coaches think will help. That Klopp wanted a new centre back is now clear.

No, he is a clown constantly quoting net spend figures and he does not get that the correlation between spending and success is not what he thinks he is.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #929: Jan 23, 2021 12:56:02 pm
      Klopp has always said how he has always been supported by the ownership group and in his tenure this is the first time he has said money is not available to him. Team must be really hurting financially which should be no surprise to anyone given we're almost a year into this covid bullshit.

In that same article Klopp says “When I say this, I know of course what we would do in an ideal world, but the world is not ideal,” he added. “So we have to deal with the situation." so it's obvious that if not for covid we would have been active in the transfer window.

Yep and that we are saving for the summer where we're likely to go pretty big on a CB.

One that has been a long term target and able to be got.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #930: Jan 23, 2021 01:00:40 pm
      I think Jürgen himself has contributed to our issues recently. He has been too whiney this year, about fixtures, injuries, not getting 5 subs, VAR/refs, and then United getting more PKs. Don't see how that attitude from your manager brings confidence to the players.

Winning on Sunday would be huge, bringing new confidence to the team and positive vibe around it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #931: Jan 23, 2021 01:07:21 pm
      Yep and that we are saving for the summer where we're likely to go pretty big on a CB.

Honestly, at this point i don't know how much we will do in the summer as by the time the season is over it will have been 15 months that we haven't had matchday revenue from league, cup and CL games (except for those couple games where 2K people were let in). That is a massive hit.

Even if you wanted to sell a big name (like 1 of the top 3), would you even be able to find a buyer to give you 100M for Salah (for example)? Not likely.

Other than Chelsea this summer no team is spending big that i can think of but the problem is across all sports, not just football.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #932: Jan 23, 2021 01:12:22 pm
      The latest article by Raphael Honigstein on The Athletic sheds a lot of light on what we are currently going through, how we will hopefully overcome it, and what could potentially happen if we don't.

We are going through something Jürgen has experienced before, he does know what needs to happen to fix it, but the worrying thing is the fixture pile up is going to seriously hamper his efforts to right the ship.

Maybe we could have a game or two postponed due to the opposition having a Covid outbreak!
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #933: Jan 23, 2021 01:12:54 pm
      Criminal from the owners for not backing the Boss after what he has delivered...

I know the purse is tight due to the summer signings of Haaland & Mbappe but come on give the man a CB in this window..

I understand we're hurting at CB, and i also understand Jürgen is making a comment / observation on the situation (if you read the article) and not complaining about it but let's face it, he isn't being asked to "make do" with some shitty team and expected to turn water into wine. He has an elite, world class team at his disposal to work with.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #934: Jan 23, 2021 01:14:07 pm

Think CM will be looked at very ageing midfield taking Jones out of it and Gini leaving will definately be a replacement
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #935: Jan 23, 2021 01:18:01 pm

This, and it's not even so much about our current state of financial health (i.e. "hurting") which I think is decent because of good management, but a recognition that there are very likely other economic "shoes" to drop, not just in the football world or for FSG, but for business around the world in general. Even when the world is "out of" this pandemic (whatever that even would mean), there will be a lot of scar tissue for years to come. The way everything was, has been and is shut down will continue to have financial repercussions for all businesses, and this business group is going to make sure it doesn't get devastated as a result. That may not bode well for a particular signing window or windows, but even as competitive as Jürgen is, he understands.

All of that said, I still think something could happen. It will just take some creativity and maybe some bending of wills.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #936: Jan 23, 2021 02:16:44 pm

Klopp is not going to say publicly and to the media his employers are only concerned with their own financial affairs and market values rather than soccer listings 3,5000 miles away.
      This admission of a financial appeal being rejected by FSG could be significant!

LFC's market value is now close on £2bn with very little financial support from NESV,  Jürgen Klopp has performed miracles but the eagle-eyed market players study their profits as a priority, as long as LFC are buoyant and financially viable they will not use their own funds in backing the club.

Jürgen may quit sooner rather than later for his own well being.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #937: Jan 23, 2021 02:17:12 pm
      He has an elite, world class team at his disposal to work with.

Not in defence he doesn't they're all F***ing injured!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #938: Jan 23, 2021 02:19:20 pm
      Klopp is not going to say publicly and to the media his employers are only concerned with their own financial affairs and market values rather than soccer listings 3,5000 miles away.
      This admission of a financial appeal being rejected by FSG could be significant!

LFC's market value is now close on £2bn with very little financial support from NESV,  Jürgen Klopp has performed miracles but the eagle-eyed market players study their profits as a priority, as long as LFC are buoyant and financially viable they will not use their own funds in backing the club.

Jürgen may quit sooner rather than later for his own well being.

Jürgen isn't anywhere near close to quitting.

Stop being so dramatic.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #939: Jan 23, 2021 02:26:48 pm

Stop being so dramatic.

His time at Dortmund came to an end when he realised a rebuild was needed but the club didn't have the finances to implement it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #940: Jan 23, 2021 02:29:02 pm
      His time at Dortmund came to an end when he realised a rebuild was needed but the club didn't have the finances to implement it.

We need a couple of players not a total rebuild.

Again stop with the drama.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #941: Jan 23, 2021 02:30:17 pm

Stop being so dramatic.

How is stating fact being "dramatic"?
      Never once inferred the manager was anywhere near close to quitting.
      It is perfectly feasible that the pressure of working in the highly competitive Premier League with limited funds would discourage any manager from extending a contract,

Possibly managing the Germany side would be less taxing and a job he could walk into any time.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #942: Jan 23, 2021 02:32:56 pm
      We need a couple of players not a total rebuild.

Again stop with the drama.

We probably need a couple of players now - I don't think I have seen a single poster claim a total rebuild is required now - stop being so dramatic.

Next summer? How many players are gonna be the wrong side of 30?

Quick Reply