Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 446363 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #943: Jan 23, 2021 02:35:38 pm
      His time at Dortmund came to an end when he realised a rebuild was needed but the club didn't have the finances to implement it.

Are people really this delusional?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #944: Jan 23, 2021 02:37:18 pm
      How is stating fact being "dramatic"?
      Never once inferred the manager was anywhere near close to quitting.

F**k me you are unreal.

I'll quote you of you like but in your last post you said the manager may well quit.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #945: Jan 23, 2021 02:37:22 pm
      Klopp is not going to say publicly and to the media his employers are only concerned with their own financial affairs and market values rather than soccer listings 3,5000 miles away.
      This admission of a financial appeal being rejected by FSG could be significant!

LFC's market value is now close on £2bn with very little financial support from NESV,  Jürgen Klopp has performed miracles but the eagle-eyed market players study their profits as a priority, as long as LFC are buoyant and financially viable they will not use their own funds in backing the club.

Jürgen may quit sooner rather than later for his own well being.

They don't come more clueless and inept than you when it comes to this topic, to be fair.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #946: Jan 23, 2021 02:39:06 pm
      His time at Dortmund came to an end when he realised a rebuild was needed but the club didn't have the finances to implement it.

Did Jürgen actually quote this?

Or is it just speculative bullshit?

Jürgen left Dortmund as he needed a break from football management for a while before looking for a fresh challenge to grow in the job he loves.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #947: Jan 23, 2021 02:40:48 pm
      Are people really this delusional?

In what way delusional?
      You mean you don't agree with a view that Jürgen decided his time was up at Dortmund so he left and one of the reasons for it?
      No one has suggested he is on the brink of quitting.

Anyone that doesn't agree with you is either delusional, an idiot or God knows what else.
      You need to take a deep breath before turning purple and setting the world to rights on a message board for people to discuss the football team they support.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #948: Jan 23, 2021 02:43:43 pm
      In what way delusional?
      You mean you don't agree with a view that Jürgen decided his time was up at Dortmund so he left and one of the reasons for it?
      No one has suggested he is on the brink of quitting.

Anyone that doesn't agree with you is either delusional, an idiot or God knows what else.
      You need to take a deep breath before turning purple and setting the world to rights on a message board for people to discuss things.

YOU are stating that he quit because the team needed a rebuild and they didn't ahve the money. SHOW US.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #949: Jan 23, 2021 02:44:30 pm
      Klopp has stopped FSG being questioning over the last couple of seasons, whilst we were winning it all, making shitloads of cash more than we've ever made and it's still a sell to buy policy. Guarentee if we offloaded Origi next week we'd bring a CB back in. Its bullshit and an unsustainable model even more so when they're sitting on a £1.5bn profit on paper. The cost to the club of not finishing top 4 is huge (probably at least 100m with the CL money) so why not bring a CB in, that were all desperate for and based on Klopp's comments he is as well.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #950: Jan 23, 2021 02:45:48 pm
      I don't really see it as a kink in the system, given that every club has pretty much the same system.

I see it as a coach who knows he needs a player and those who are in charge of buying said player telling the coach unfortunately we can't so it at this moment in time.

It seems like Jürgen just wanted the supporters to know that he's aware of the situation, wanted to solve it, but right now it's not possible.

Sensible as ever mate, but i can’t help but think what has happened to all the revenue sought after all the tv money from Sky, BT, UEFA, etc, last 3-4 seasons,  surely it can’t have all been used up for furloughing staff,  COVID, no fans etc ?

Y  N  W  A
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #951: Jan 23, 2021 02:46:00 pm
      We probably need a couple of players now - I don't think I have seen a single poster claim a total rebuild is required now - stop being so dramatic.

Next summer? How many players are gonna be the wrong side of 30?

JWH said they were here for the long term!
      Fairy muff - why don't they plan for the long term in a business sense and a football sense?
      The business anthem is feed an investment for the maximum return, in that context both football and business reap the rewards.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #952: Jan 23, 2021 02:48:29 pm
      They don't come more clueless and inept than you when it comes to this topic, to be fair.

Some examples nobby.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #953: Jan 23, 2021 02:48:41 pm

Sensible as ever mate, but i can’t help but think what has happened to all the revenue sought after all the tv money from Sky, BT, UEFA, etc, last 3-4 seasons,  surely it can’t have all been used up for furloughing staff,  COVID, no fans etc ?

Y  N  W  A

They publish financial statements which anyone can read if they want to know where the money goes.

I imagine next time they do it's going to be ugly.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #954: Jan 23, 2021 02:51:10 pm
      YOU are stating that he quit because the team needed a rebuild and they didn't ahve the money. SHOW US.

It was viewed as a reason why he left, as you don't agree with it I must be a delusional idiot.
      You know what's right mate, I bow to your all encompassing knowledge about anything and everything.

Keep booting off when you disagree with someone, it's a great look.

Painful.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #955: Jan 23, 2021 02:51:56 pm
      It was viewed as a reason why he left, as you don't agree with it I must be a delusional idiot.
      You know what's right mate, I bow to your all encompassing knowledge about anything and everything.

Keep booting off when you disagree with someone, it's a great look.

Painful.

If it was viewed as the reason he left, surely you can show us quotes or articles and backup your claims.

Or are you saying you pulled it out of your ass and its speculation?
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #956: Jan 23, 2021 02:53:20 pm
      If it was viewed as the reason he left, surely you can show us quotes or articles and backup your claims.

Or are you saying you pulled it our of your ass?

Yes, yes I did.
      Keep righting all the wrong on the Internet, one topic at a time.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #957: Jan 23, 2021 02:53:29 pm
      Klopp is not going to say publicly and to the media his employers are only concerned with their own financial affairs and market values rather than soccer listings 3,5000 miles away.
      This admission of a financial appeal being rejected by FSG could be significant!

LFC's market value is now close on £2bn with very little financial support from NESV,  Jürgen Klopp has performed miracles but the eagle-eyed market players study their profits as a priority, as long as LFC are buoyant and financially viable they will not use their own funds in backing the club.

Jürgen may quit sooner rather than later for his own well being.

Your bottom sentence mate I would expect from the s*n or the mirror, but not from a fan of this club and someone like yourself Stuey !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #958: Jan 23, 2021 02:53:51 pm

Y  N  W  A

I think Swab put a link to the clubs accounts a while back but not sure mate.

Whilst I want a CB and would rather they pushed the boat out to get one I can also understand the precarious position football is in and that FSG, ever the pragmatics, will err on the side of caution.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #959: Jan 23, 2021 02:54:55 pm
      Yes, yes I did.
      Keep righting all the wrong on the Internet, one topic at a time.

Gotcha. So you cannot support your statement that he quit Dortmund because of rebuild and financial reasons.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #960: Jan 23, 2021 02:59:34 pm
      They publish financial statements which anyone can read if they want to know where the money goes.

I imagine next time they do it's going to be ugly.

Fairy Muff mate, I’ll take your word for it , I’m no number cruncher , but I am ugly 😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #961: Jan 23, 2021 03:01:16 pm

Whilst I want a CB and would rather they pushed the boat out to get one I can also understand the precarious position football is in and that FSG, ever the pragmatics, will err on the side of caution.

I believe earlier on durng the shutdown we were under the impression that fans would return in/around October. I think we took a calculated risk acquiring Thiago and Jota under the expectation that it would happen but it never did and yet we grew the weekly wage considerably. Now that we're in late January and still no signs of full Anfield anytime soon i think it's a tough situation for every team.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #962: Jan 23, 2021 03:01:32 pm
      Gotcha. So you cannot support your statement that he quit Dortmund because of rebuild and financial reasons.
      Yes mate, you got me.
      You come across as the insufferable know-it-all pr*ck in the boozer who bores everyone in to submission.

FYI: there is an Echo article that suggests the financial restraints he worked at Dortmund under became an issue.

But you know best, obviously.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #963: Jan 23, 2021 03:04:36 pm
      Yes mate, you got me.
      You come across as the insufferable know-it-all pr*ck in the boozer who bores everyone in to submission.

FYI: there is an Echo article that suggests the financial restraints he worked at Dortmund under became an issue.

But you know best, obviously.

Cool, show us the article and where it states that is why he left.

Why do you get so defensive when you make a statement and are asked to back it up?
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #964: Jan 23, 2021 03:08:10 pm
      Cool, show us the article and where it states that is why he left.

Why do you get so defensive when you make a statement and are asked to back it up?

As you have use of the Internet, you'll be able to find it, it didn't take me two minutes.

Calling someone else defensive when you are quick to hurl insults at others is utterly laughable.

Anyway, there's football on. Have a good afternoon.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      Reply #965: Jan 23, 2021 03:10:02 pm

We all do mate , perhaps we lesser mortals don’t realise the full effect COVID has had on economies of clubs such as ours, I don’t imagine for a minute FSG would hold off monies to Jürgen deliberately, after all they have backed him previously,

It looks like to me Jürgen had a target in mind but couldn’t follow it through due to the financial restraints, I hope that changes for next season because we will need to recruit.

Quick Reply