Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 448831 times
      Keith Singleton and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #966: Jan 23, 2021 03:30:48 pm

Fairy Muff mate, I’ll take your word for it , I’m no number cruncher , but I am ugly 😂

I did a quick search and came across their latest filing for Y/E May 31, 2019. Not sure when they will release Y/E May 2020.

Of note, they reported 533M in revenue and 33M of profit, which goes to show how high our expenses are.

Of the 533M in revenue, they report 84.2M of that coming from match day, of which there has been next to nothing since March 2020.

So if the team only profits 33M a year and you're now taking away 84M in revenue, that means you have a 50M gap/loss to figure out how to close.

They also report wages & salaries expensives of 276M (i assume it includes all employees, not just players).
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #967: Jan 23, 2021 03:32:04 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #968: Jan 23, 2021 03:35:18 pm
      I did a quick search and came across their latest filing for Y/E May 31, 2019. Not sure when they will release Y/E May 2020.

Of note, they reported 533M in revenue and 33M of profit, which goes to show how high our expenses are.

Of the 533M in revenue, they report 84.2M of that coming from match day, of which there has been next to nothing since March 2020.

So if the team only profits 33M a year and you're now taking away 84M in revenue, that means you have a 50M gap/loss to figure out how to close.

They also report wages & salaries expensives of 276M (i assume it includes all employees, not just players).

As I thought and remember it being talked about on here before.

I think what some people on here are looking for is for FSG to buy players with their own money which they made plain from day one they would never do.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #969: Jan 23, 2021 03:47:12 pm

I think the expression I'm looking for is...

F**k A DUCK !

Has anyone got 50p for the meter ?
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #970: Jan 23, 2021 03:51:56 pm
      As I thought and remember it being talked about on here before.

I think what some people on here are looking for is for FSG to buy players with their own money which they made plain from day one they would never do.

Agree. They tell you how they're going to run the team, then do exactly as they say, and people are still upset.

Even more surprising to me (and maybe it shouldn't be) is that people get upset that Liverpool is made to live within its means (ie what it produces). That is actually how everyone should be. I should live based off what my salary (revenue) is and not need credit card advances or parents loans when i want to buy something new. That's how people and businesses go broke.

In addition, FSG is mainly a sports team ownership group (they also own NESN, a sports network), which includes the Red Sox and a Nascar racing team as the main teams (alongside LFC) and the pandemic has hit the entire world across all sports, not just football. The Red Sox haven't had any matchday revenue either, nor have Nascar races, so as a group they must be getting hit really hard.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021 04:05:44 pm by CT_LFC »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #971: Jan 23, 2021 03:55:15 pm

Your bottom sentence mate I would expect from the s*n or the mirror, but not from a fan of this club and someone like yourself Stuey !

I dread any talk of our saviour exiting LFC Billy and the only scenario I can envisage in that context is the interminable pressure of keeping LFC where they belong on a limited budget draining him physically and mentally.
      He will fight on for the club and its supporters but the situation he faces now is one that we have had very good fortune not to confront previously, especially last season.

It surprises me that you took a negative view of my comment mate when my dearest wish is for Jürgen to be at the helm for decades, my only concern is any none football related issues beyond his control affecting his ability to bring the club success.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #972: Jan 23, 2021 04:10:44 pm
      I dread any talk of our saviour exiting LFC Billy and the only scenario I can envisage in that context is the interminable pressure of keeping LFC where they belong on a limited budget draining him physically and mentally.
      He will fight on for the club and its supporters but the situation he faces now is one that we have had very good fortune not to confront previously, especially last season.

It surprises me that you took a negative view of my comment mate when my dearest wish is for Jürgen to be at the helm for decades, my only concern is any none football related issues beyond his control affecting his ability to bring the club success.

Jürgen will fulfil his contract mate which runs until 2024, another 3 years, lots can happen in that time, including perhaps a rebuild, it is inevitable he will bring new players in, players that will fit his system whatever that system will be,

Jürgen doesn't come across as someone who quits mid contract unless that is out of his control, but let's be honest he has earned enough happy tokens that allows the odd blip in form, I wish he could be here for years to come too, and I'm not ruling out a extended contract,  but he knows he has to work within financial limits and even more so now with the ramifications of covid,
      We at least know he's here for 3 more years at least so let's all enjoy our saviour while he's here.

YNWA
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #973: Jan 23, 2021 04:13:23 pm
      https://bleacherreport.com/articles/389487-liverpool-fc-on-the-verge-of-administration-after-massive-rise-in-debt

So we've gone from reporting a loss of 55M and on the verge of administration to being a healthy team with an operating profit, new academy, remodeled and expanded Anfield, world champions, Premier League champions, CL champions and a world class squad coached by a world class manager, but people are throwing tantrums because we're not getting a player in the middle of a pandemic with no end in sight.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #974: Jan 23, 2021 04:14:51 pm
      Klopp needs replacing..?

You are a f**king complete dickhead...

Glory hunting c**t.

Glory hunting, having supported Liverpool for 25 years, 😂. Wind your neck in wum
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #975: Jan 23, 2021 04:20:44 pm
      Glory hunting, having supported Liverpool for 25 years, 😂. Wind your neck in wum

Your in no place Heimy to call anyone a WUM when you advocate replacing Jürgen  !!
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #976: Jan 23, 2021 04:20:47 pm

Jürgen will fulfil his contract mate which runs until 2024, another 3 years, lots can happen in that time, including perhaps a rebuild, it is inevitable he will bring new players in, players that will fit his system whatever that system will be,

Jürgen doesn't come across as someone who quits mid contract unless that is out of his control, but let's be honest he has earned enough happy tokens that allows the odd blip in form, I wish he could be here for years to come too, and I'm not ruling out a extended contract,  but he knows he has to work within financial limits and even more so now with the ramifications of covid,
      We at least know he's here for 3 more years at least so let's all enjoy our saviour while he's here.

YNWA

Inevitably everyone has a shelf life. I do not think suddenly the players stopped listening to Jürgen 5 games ago but the time will come when the team will need a new voice. If you look at a picture of his intro press conference and today, you would think that was 15 years ago, not 5. He's aged immensely and i cannot see him going past 2024 with us. Completely agree we should enjoy him while he's here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #977: Jan 23, 2021 04:25:54 pm

Your in no place Heimy to call anyone a WUM when you advocate replacing Jürgen  !!

I actually didn't advocate it, I said if our results don't turn around soon then the owners might get nervous.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #978: Jan 23, 2021 04:38:36 pm
      The asset they acquired for £350+m is now worth close on £2bn.
      FSG loaned LFC the monies to carry out the projects.

And?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #979: Jan 23, 2021 05:22:52 pm
      I understand we're hurting at CB, and i also understand Jürgen is making a comment / observation on the situation (if you read the article) and not complaining about it but let's face it, he isn't being asked to "make do" with some shitty team and expected to turn water into wine. He has an elite, world class team at his disposal to work with.

He had an elite world class team. We are now playing midfielders at CB. That’s not a sustainable model for success. It’s something you expect to have to do for a few games tops, not for a whole season. I think there are stop gap opportunities out there (Sokratis), the lad from Real Madrid, that while they may not be ideal, they at least give you some options to have a reasonable defense that allows your midfield to actually be what they are supposed to be.

That’s just my take, I know I’m not a coach or a manager but my opinion is just my opinion and no one is going to convince me that we couldn’t be trying something to aid the situation.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #980: Jan 23, 2021 07:50:04 pm
      I think we need to shift out a lot of dead wood in the squad
      and unless Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then I think he needs replacing as well.

Beyond words this time ........

Do you do this on purpose ....... or are you seriously mentally deranged?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #981: Jan 23, 2021 08:43:47 pm
      Beyond words this time ........

Do you do this on purpose ....... or are you seriously mentally deranged?

Do you want a manager with zero tactical flexibility? Nah me neither, if Klopp continues picking the same underperforming players in the same ineffective system then he should be replaced BUT I don't think he will, he is a superb manager.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #982: Jan 23, 2021 09:14:00 pm
      https://bleacherreport.com/articles/389487-liverpool-fc-on-the-verge-of-administration-after-massive-rise-in-debt

So we've gone from reporting a loss of 55M and on the verge of administration to being a healthy team with an operating profit, new academy, remodeled and expanded Anfield, world champions, Premier League champions, CL champions and a world class squad coached by a world class manager, but people are throwing tantrums because we're not getting a player in the middle of a pandemic with no end in sight.

The asset they acquired for £350+m is now worth close on £2bn.
      FSG loaned LFC the monies to carry out the projects.

Jürgen has proved he can bring the club success ffs give him the means to compete with our rivals!
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021 09:21:52 pm by stuey »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #983: Jan 23, 2021 09:40:41 pm
      I actually didn't advocate it, I said if our results don't turn around soon then the owners might get nervous.

“Unless Klopp can demonstrate tactical flexibility then ‘you’ think he should be replaced”

After bringing home the Holy Grail  after 30years, after leading us to three European finals, winning No6 in the process, after bringing us UEFA Super cup, and after winning a first Club World Cup trophy, I think it’s safe to say his tactical nous is pretty sound, you obviously do not,

It is beyond belief that a fan of this club you say for 25 years would suggest our manager, one of the best there is, is replaced because of a bad run of form, I don’t think I’m the only one on these boards who believe’s the only person who needs replacing is you, because what you are suggesting is tantamount to a complete betrayal of our club, it’s manager and ourselves the fans.

Disgraceful !

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,185 posts | 832 
      Reply #984: Jan 23, 2021 10:28:58 pm
      Genuine question, think before just throwing out a respose...

Is Jürgen at the point Shanks was in 71? Shanks broke up his team thst had brought a lot of success after a bad cup defeat. He rebuilt a better side.

Jürgen has had a core of a team for 4 years now who have spoilt us. But the style is allnout energy. We have seen thst style ease up bit by bit until were at a low point where we look short on ideas, short on energy arguably short on the same desire as before having won the league at last.

Is it Jurgens time to bresk up his first great Liverpool and build a new one? A lot of lads now hitting the 30 mark, injuries far more frequent. Is it it time to reshape and change things up?

Difference now is that Jürgen is dealing with a pandemic and empty stadiums for the past year.

It's very very hard for football clubs to deal with this kind of thing. Last time I heard we lost around 100m in match day revenues which is a huge sum.

If you don't have a rich sheikh owner who wipes his @rse with dirhams or a Russian Billionaire who replaces his private jet every week then how can anyone cope.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,294 posts | 763 
      Reply #985: Jan 23, 2021 10:44:45 pm
      Klopp is still the man to manage, this great club of ours, whatever the problems  seem to be, anyhow who could replace Jürgen Klopp at the present time. The simple answer is nobody !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #986: Jan 24, 2021 06:40:09 am
      Klopp is still the man to manage, this great club of ours, whatever the problems  seem to be, anyhow who could replace Jürgen Klopp at the present time. The simple answer is nobody !

Hypothetically and I do mean, Hypothetically.....

....if a big push came to a bigger shove I’d be looking at Pep, No, not that Pep, our Pep, Pep Ljinders, he knows the players as good as anyone, he works with Jürgen and the boys each and every day in each and every way so he for me would be my choice, but it is NO choice because  it’s NOT going to Happen ....

f***in hell why are we even discussing this ?..... bet Heimy has a semi  !

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #987: Jan 24, 2021 07:21:16 am
      Inevitably everyone has a shelf life. I do not think suddenly the players stopped listening to Jürgen 5 games ago but the time will come when the team will need a new voice. If you look at a picture of his intro press conference and today, you would think that was 15 years ago, not 5. He's aged immensely and i cannot see him going past 2024 with us. Completely agree we should enjoy him while he's here.

My recollection of his leaving Dortmund is that he felt his effectiveness with the group was waning. He announced in April to allow the club time to recruit someone. They finished the season. 7th.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #988: Jan 24, 2021 08:59:41 am

Disagree with this - it’s 5 games and unbelievably bad luck with injuries.

After everything he has done for the club, he deserves everyone’s support and backing.

We’re lucky to have him! You’ll never walk alone ♥️

Quick Reply