Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430713 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Jul 04, 2019 09:05:01 am
      Just been amending the LFC squad with some of the ins and outs and noticed the headline figures from Klopp's reign.  About £380M spent on players, about £310M recouped.

£70M transfer budget in his almost 4 years.

Absolutely incredible how well run the club is in terms of recruitment.  I know there is always debate about who has the final say on targets etc but there is no doubt that Klopp has been personally involved in 'convincing' some players to come.  Such an improvement on what is effectively less than £10M a transfer window.

Don't think this point is highlighted enough.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2021 10:00:44 pm by JD »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2019 12:51:58 pm
      Just been amending the LFC squad with some of the ins and outs and noticed the headline figures from Klopp's reign.  About £380M spent on players, about £310M recouped.

Absolutely incredible how well run the club is in terms of recruitment.  I know there is always debate about who has the final say on targets etc but there is no doubt that Klopp has been personally involved in 'convincing' some players to come.  Such an improvement on what is effectively less than £10M a transfer window.

Mr Klopp has worked wonders pity our owners dont spend a little more
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2019 01:13:40 pm

You do realise they could quite have easily pocketed the money from £300mill of player sales in that time right? The fact we’ve paid big money for Van Dijk, Alisson and Keita, whilst handing out big new contracts to key players, expanding the stadium, building a new training complex etc shows that the owners are happy to spend.
      Klopp will get the money for whoever he wants, Robbo cost 7mill but would now be worth over 70mill. Klopp could easily have gone and spent big money on a profile like Mendy but he didn’t. It’s a deal by deal basis with Klopp.

The fact we’ve become as good as we have in all areas of the club with the things I’ve listed above shows just how impressive our ownership is because plenty of teams try this and plenty of teams fail.
      If we were paying the money City pay on every player and ended up in the sh*t financially then that wouldn’t right, we are the team virtually everyone looks to now in Europe whilst having made that happen with keeping ourselves financially secure, which still isn’t right.

Guess some people are still intent on digging at the owners though. Right now, there isn’t any other owner I would swap them with.

Klopp isn’t a push over, do you really think that if the owners were intentionally having a low net spend and limiting him on signings he’d be hanging around? Not a chance, there’s a reason why he took control of the transfers when he came in, because he knows what he’s doing.
      It’s not quantity spent, it’s the quality of it and right now I’d much rather see the academy graduate and 7mill full backs than the 100mill of full backs City have in Walker and Mendy. Worrying thing is though, some people would prefer to have it the other way because then it shows we spend big money. Oh and how are City spending this money? By faking their own sponsorship deals and getting an FFP investigation....yeah F**k that.

Incredible that after the last 2 seasons this is even having to be said. Maybe some people should look back to the previous ownership and the mess we became.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2019 01:43:42 pm

Agreed, JD.  My numbers are slightly different, but the point remains the same.  Taken from a post I made a few months ago: -

I was thinking about how much we'd been transformed as a club since Klopp took over just under 3.5 years ago.

I looked up the squad he took over and his transfers in/out since he's been our boss.  I don't like to get too caught up in "net spend" talk, but it is amazing what he's done.

For a net spend of £94M (obviously influenced by Coutinho's departure!) he's brought in: -

Mane
      Salah
      Matip
      Gini
      Robbo
      Ox
      VVD
      Fab
      Keita
      Shaq
      Alisson

For the loss of (key players): -

Coutinho
      Sakho (at a push!)

It's utterly incredible when you look at that and think where we'd been give or take the odd flash-in-a-pan season.

Jürgen is the man and anyone........... ANYONE doubting his methods has to be a F###wit!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2019 02:46:16 pm
      Agreed, JD.  My numbers are slightly different, but the point remains the same.  Taken from a post I made a few months ago: -

I was thinking about how much we'd been transformed as a club since Klopp took over just under 3.5 years ago.

I looked up the squad he took over and his transfers in/out since he's been our boss.  I don't like to get too caught up in "net spend" talk, but it is amazing what he's done.

For a net spend of £94M (obviously influenced by Coutinho's departure!) he's brought in: -

Mane
      Salah
      Matip
      Gini
      Robbo
      Ox
      VVD
      Fab
      Keita
      Shaq
      Alisson

For the loss of (key players): -

Coutinho
      Sakho (at a push!)

It's utterly incredible when you look at that and think where we'd been give or take the odd flash-in-a-pan season.

Jürgen is the man and anyone........... ANYONE doubting his methods has to be a F###wit!!!

If you look at the total list of players transferred out (jettisoned) and the fees collected, wages offloaded, from those, it stands as a strong supplement to what you and JD are saying.

Some can't see past paying big transfer fees, but there has been a transformation made of this club's capability to compete for and win major honors, after some years in the wilderness. You can't write the owners out of that story.
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2019 02:55:04 pm by Robby The Z »
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2019 02:50:13 pm
      If you look at the total list of players transferred out (jettisoned) and the fees collected, wages offloaded, from those, it stands as a strong supplement to what you and JD are saying.

Some can't see past paying big transfer fees, but there has been a transformation made of this club 's capability to compete for and win major honors, after some years in the wilderness. You can't write the owners out of that story.
      Agreed, it's a completely different team from the one he took over. 

It's been top-level management all round.  Long may it continue....
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2019 04:27:19 pm

hahaha what a fuking moron. Stuey's offspring?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2019 04:31:52 pm
      Agreed, it's a completely different team from the one he took over. 

It's been top-level management all round.  Long may it continue....

And that right there is key to our success. Everyone in the operations and football side, from Moore, to Edwards, to Klopp to the scouts and analytics team, they are all rowing in the same direction complementing each other. There are no power struggles, no overriding the manager on transfers, no fight about funds available, nothing. Just a world-class operations team identifying, pursuing and acquiring targets while flat out robbing other teams on transfers paid for our players.

Long may it continue, indeed.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Jul 06, 2019 10:18:27 pm
      After the Champions League Final a tiny TINY bit of me was fearful that he wouldn't come back. Yes - we've got so much more to win and to aim for but that victory felt so complete so I was fearful that he may say 'What a perfect way to go out on!'. 

So to see the boss walking back into Melwood this morning with that big grin on his face was a welcoming sight!

Welcome back boss - great to see you and the lads on the field again. The hard work starts again and with a good dose of passion and dedication here's hoping it will all pay off beautifully come season's end!
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2019 09:20:52 am
      Hope the boss signs his new contract. Only this club and its mad fans can give him the love and support he deserves.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2019 10:10:26 am
      Jürgen is not only good as manager of L.F.C. but his player (man) management skills are excellent as well.The players want to play and succeed for him and it is a long time since we had so much unity in the club.I look forward  to Jürgen bringing number 19 home this season.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2019 10:50:47 am by Billy1 »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2019 08:22:14 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      The fact we’ve become as good as we have in all areas of the club with the things I’ve listed above shows just how impressive our ownership is because plenty of teams try this and plenty of teams fail.
      If we were paying the money City pay on every player and ended up in the sh*t financially then that wouldn’t right, we are the team virtually everyone looks to now in Europe whilst having made that happen with keeping ourselves financially secure, which still isn’t right.

Guess some people are still intent on digging at the owners though. Right now, there isn’t any other owner I would swap them with.

Incredible that after the last 2 seasons this is even having to be said. Maybe some people should look back to the previous ownership and the mess we became.

Sorry if it sounds like a phrase from another thread, but before we dish out too much praise to the owners, it's time to set the record straight.

These are the same owners who refused to support Suarez in the racism row, or appeal his suspension.
      The same owners who sacked Kenny Dalglish, after delivering them a trophy and another cup final.
      The same owners who sold Suarez at a discount, and signed Balotelli. Jürgen took one look at him and threw him out of the club.
      The same owners who often refuse to sign players with no "sell on" value to them.
      The same owners who believed texts sent by Steven Gerrard was an adequate recruitment tool.
      The same owners whose ticket pricing model saw fans walk out of a game in protest.
      A "principal owner" who rarely shows up to home games, is nowhere to be seen at aways, and openly says success in Europe is more important to him than winning the league, that the rest of us spend 9 months a year praying for.

That's not digging at the owners, they are some of the main moments of their time in charge. During it, their investment in the club has delivered two trophies. The clubs we have to compete with at home and abroad, win that amount in an average year. Yes they're better than the last owners, it doesn't mean they're perfect. It's Jürgen who has this side competing for the league title and delivers big European nights for us, so it's him who should get the credit for it.

The ideal ownership model is the German model, where the fans part own the clubs and are actively involved in running them. Should we ever seriously consider adopting the fan run model, I'm sure Jürgen can offer a word or two of advice to us on that front.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2019 08:37:52 pm
      Sorry if it sounds like a phrase from another thread, but before we dish out too much praise to the owners, it's time to set the record straight.

These are the same owners who refused to support Suarez in the racism row, or appeal his suspension.
      The same owners who sacked Kenny Dalglish, after delivering them a trophy and another cup final.
      The same owners who sold Suarez at a discount, and signed Balotelli. Jürgen took one look at him and threw him out of the club.
      The same owners who often refuse to sign players with no "sell on" value to them.
      The same owners who believed texts sent by Steven Gerrard was an adequate recruitment tool.
      The same owners whose ticket pricing model saw fans walk out of a game in protest.
      A "principal owner" who rarely shows up to home games, is nowhere to be seen at aways, and openly says success in Europe is more important to him than winning the league, that the rest of us spend 9 months a year praying for.

That's not digging at the owners, they are some of the main moments of their time in charge. During it, their investment in the club has delivered two trophies. The clubs we have to compete with at home and abroad, win that amount in an average year. Yes they're better than the last owners, it doesn't mean they're perfect. It's Jürgen who has this side competing for the league title and delivers big European nights for us, so it's him who should get the credit for it.

The ideal ownership model is the German model, where the fans part own the clubs and are actively involved in running them. Should we ever seriously consider adopting the fan run model, I'm sure Jürgen can offer a word or two of advice to us on that front.

You forgot to add:

The same owners who only brought Klopp here to finish top 4

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JFC, dude. How F***ing lost are you
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #13: Jul 11, 2019 12:01:54 am

Good for me. Exelent post to many with red tinted glasses to see what our owners are up to
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Jul 11, 2019 02:59:51 am

Sorry, but you are wrong on almost every point here:

"These are the same owners who refused to support Suarez in the racism row, or appeal his suspension."

Suarez a great player and a highly questionable individual. Did the club no favors much of the time.

"The same owners who sacked Kenny Dalglish, after delivering them a trophy and another cup final."

Kenny seems OK with everything going on now. You should probably try to get over it.

Suarez orchestrated his way out. Balotelli was a poor signing (about the only thing you have right here)

How do you even quantify such a statement? Who did they "refuse to sign." - Our transfer policy building up to last and this season has been fantastic. They've definitely grown into a better understanding of it, but the statement is so vague as to be unassailable and indefensible.

"The same owners who believed texts sent by Steven Gerrard was an adequate recruitment tool."

Not even a half truth - just shoddy, really.

Well, some fans did something and they are the owners. But if this selective fact choosing isn't "digging", especially re the owners' response, what is digging?

A "principal owner" who rarely shows up to home games, is nowhere to be seen at aways, .

So the fact that he owns other businesses and teams, lives elsewhere and doesn't go to Burnley away, are "Major elements" in light of everything else that has happened recently? You are impossible to please. It would almost seem that your criteria for an owner is that he not be born somewhere else. You must be a Trump supporter.

"and openly says success in Europe is more important to him than winning the league, that the rest of us spend 9 months a year praying for"

YOu almost sound like you don't want us to win Europe. It's both/and, not either/or. His quote from a couple of weeks ago: “To me winning in Europe is bigger than winning in England but I think it’s true the fans want it,” Henry told the media. “I know we’re going to be focused on winning the Premier League next year.”

You have misrepresented him.

That's not digging at the owners,

It is totally digging at the owners.

"During it, their investment in the club has delivered two trophies."
      So far.

The clubs we have to compete with at home and abroad, win that amount in an average year.

How many trophies are there again? WE compete with five other "biggest" clubs - so two a year means 10 total. That is AWESOME for them to average that. But you are right that other clubs have won trophies since FSG bought the club.

Yes they're better than the last owners, it doesn't mean they're perfect.

Nobody is, except of course, for you.

"It's Jürgen who has this side competing for the league title and delivers big European nights for us, so it's him who should get the credit for it."

He certainly should and does, but there are other roles within the organization and ownership is one of them. They brought him in and have done other things, including spending money, to help make the team what it is now. 

Like any other model, fan ownership could work or it could be a disaster, depending on who is involved. Also, the top German clubs still operate largely the same way in terms of management and decision-making (and they spend nothing like what FSG has on transfers). I guarantee you Jürgen has no complaint about our current ownership setup - NONE.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Jul 11, 2019 08:24:42 am

You’re a very strange and bitter person aren’t you.

So much rubbish you’ve posted there that I genuinely can’t be bothered to get into it with you.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Jul 11, 2019 08:51:47 am

We used to have a system at Liverpool F.C. similar to the German model,the club was owned by shareholders.Sadly when Moores sold out to Twit and T**t part of that agreement was that shareholders would relinquish their shares.I know of one person whose family had shares in the club for many years,he had no option but to sell those shares when Moores sold out.Sadly I can't ever see the day returning when a working man would ever be able to acquire shares in the club we all love.
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019 09:19:15 am by Billy1 »
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #17: Jul 11, 2019 01:52:00 pm

What!!! World class signings all over the team,plus the stadium upgrades and not to mention the new training facility (which I live about a minute away from,believe me there’s a LOT of money being spent)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #18: Jul 11, 2019 01:59:18 pm
      I'm not getting any attention, so I'm going to write yet another ridiculous post.

Fixed that for you.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: Jul 11, 2019 02:13:29 pm
      Almost don't want this new season to start I am still very much stuck in the glow of 1st June and down at the Strand on the 2nd June I seem locked in a time capsule and I am very happy in it.
      Jürgen doesn't seem the sort of guy who will sit back and relax he will definitely want more success this season
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Jul 11, 2019 02:59:52 pm
      Almost don't want this new season to start I am still very much stuck in the glow of 1st June and down at the Strand on the 2nd June I seem locked in a time capsule and I am very happy in it.
      Jürgen doesn't seem the sort of guy who will sit back and relax he will definitely want more success this season

No worries. Enjoy them both.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: Jul 11, 2019 04:13:27 pm

I'll be watching the Tranmere game tonight. Looking forward to seeing Wilson and Brewster , OX and Lallana
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Jul 11, 2019 04:38:54 pm
      I'll be watching the Tranmere game tonight. Looking forward to seeing Wilson and Brewster , OX and Lallana

Sounds like Van Den Berg won't play as his transfer hasn't been cleared by FIFA???

Quick Reply