Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431086 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #23: Jul 11, 2019 05:17:22 pm
      Sounds like Van Den Berg won't play as his transfer hasn't been cleared by FIFA???

Pigeon probably got lost. Its 2019 you only have press a button these days.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #24: Jul 13, 2019 06:09:49 pm
      Sorry if it sounds like a phrase from another thread, but before we dish out too much praise to the owners, it's time to set the record straight.

These are the same owners who refused to support Suarez in the racism row, or appeal his suspension.
      The same owners who sacked Kenny Dalglish, after delivering them a trophy and another cup final.
      The same owners who sold Suarez at a discount, and signed Balotelli. Jürgen took one look at him and threw him out of the club.
      The same owners who often refuse to sign players with no "sell on" value to them.
      The same owners who believed texts sent by Steven Gerrard was an adequate recruitment tool.
      The same owners whose ticket pricing model saw fans walk out of a game in protest.
      A "principal owner" who rarely shows up to home games, is nowhere to be seen at aways, and openly says success in Europe is more important to him than winning the league, that the rest of us spend 9 months a year praying for.

That's not digging at the owners, they are some of the main moments of their time in charge. During it, their investment in the club has delivered two trophies. The clubs we have to compete with at home and abroad, win that amount in an average year. Yes they're better than the last owners, it doesn't mean they're perfect. It's Jürgen who has this side competing for the league title and delivers big European nights for us, so it's him who should get the credit for it.

The ideal ownership model is the German model, where the fans part own the clubs and are actively involved in running them. Should we ever seriously consider adopting the fan run model, I'm sure Jürgen can offer a word or two of advice to us on that front.

It’s times like this when you almost miss Ribapuru!!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #25: Jul 13, 2019 08:59:26 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Sorry, but:

Suarez a great player and a highly questionable individual. Did the club no favors much of the time.

Kenny seems OK with everything going on now. You should probably try to get over it.

Suarez orchestrated his way out. Balotelli was a poor signing (about the only thing you have right here)

Our transfer policy building up to last and this season has been fantastic. They've definitely grown into a better understanding of it.

So the fact that he owns other businesses and teams, lives elsewhere and doesn't go to Burnley away, are "Major elements" in light of everything else that has happened recently? You are impossible to please. It would almost seem that your criteria for an owner is that he not be born somewhere else. You must be a Trump supporter.

YOu almost sound like you don't want us to win Europe. It's both/and, not either/or. His quote from a couple of weeks ago: “To me winning in Europe is bigger than winning in England but I think it’s true the fans want it,” Henry told the media. “I know we’re going to be focused on winning the Premier League next year.”

You have misrepresented him.

How many trophies are there again? WE compete with five other "biggest" clubs - so two a year means 10 total. That is AWESOME for them to average that. But you are right that other clubs have won trophies since FSG bought the club.

They brought him in and have done other things, including spending money, to help make the team what it is now. 

Like any other model, fan ownership could work or it could be a disaster, depending on who is involved. Also, the top German clubs still operate largely the same way in terms of management and decision-making.

The fans in Germany are major players in the running of their clubs, and obviously the club's interests are the fans No. 1 priority. Unfortunately we'll never be bigger than baseball, to the owners we have.

So we're European Champions, it should be a big advantage over other clubs, in terms of transfer targets, and we need them. There are still issues with squad depth. Hence why as soon as we play them in the cups, out they go at the first hurdle, and we then have to "focus" on the league and European Cup.

Their transfer policy, such as it is, is ridiculous tbh. I've lost count of the amount of transfer windows where we have signed nobody at all. Then there's the fiascos. The Dempseys and the Fekirs and the Konoplyankas. We had the chance to sign Salah as early as 2014, but refused. We had the chance to sign VVD 6 months before we did. Someone screwed it up and we had to wait. It took them 3 years with Klopp in charge, to sign a world class goalkeeper. That's before talking about the Balotellis and the Carrolls and the transfer committee, etc.

Jürgen has now had to admit that despite being European Champions, we won't be busy during the critical summer window. Rival clubs are splashing out 40-50-60 million on players, we have bought one 17 year old centre back. You would think we were under a transfer ban. We have 3 extra trophies to compete for this season, and the fixture list in the league is tougher than last year, so we need enough resources to cope. The alternative is playing Henderson at right back and Wijnaldum upfront again.

We are still waiting for the league title to come back home. Whether it's us or any other club, winning your national league title is bigger than any European success. As Shankly said all those years ago, "this is our bread and butter". And when it does come back home, I guarantee it will be more emotional than Madrid or Istanbul. Unfortunately, as you posted, our owner doesn't seem all that interested about winning the league, and I have a major issue with that.

I don't have a problem with his nationality. I'm not exactly local myself so I know all about the considerable issues and restrictions about travelling to games. However, he is the owner, and an active owner is at most games his club plays, not someone who cherry picks the 2-3 most attractive games of the season. If he could find the time and the resources to get to Madrid, he can find them to get to games v Burnley. He just doesn't show up.

If Suarez was a great player, which is true, how did he do us no favours? That doesn't make sense. He was one of our best players during their time in charge. The racism row was fake news. Therefore the owners should have supported him at all times. We won 5 league games after the ban was imposed, and Kenny was summoned to Boston to be sacked. Whether he's over it or not is irrelevant tbh. After all he did, and still does, for the club, the phrase "sacked Kenny Dalglish" is a permanent black mark over their heads, that cannot be erased.

We have just won our first trophy in 7 years, or in other words it's taken us 7 years to win A trophy. Five of their first six years they have been here, we finished outside the top 4, sometimes out of Europe completely. Jürgen is the one who has made the difference. He deserves all of the credit for it. Without him, we would still be where we were when he arrived, wondering when the next trophy, let alone league title, was coming from.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #26: Jul 13, 2019 10:05:00 pm
      So much stupidity bottled up in one person. That read was so shambolic I couldn’t even finish it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: Jul 13, 2019 11:43:55 pm

I’m surprised Rafa has been omitted from your last two ramblings of a post.. 🙄
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: Jul 14, 2019 05:51:02 am
      Sorry if it sounds like a phrase from another thread, but before we dish out too much praise to the owners, it's time to set the record straight.

These are the same owners who refused to support Suarez in the racism row, or appeal his suspension.
      The same owners who sacked Kenny Dalglish, after delivering them a trophy and another cup final.
      The same owners who sold Suarez at a discount, and signed Balotelli. Jürgen took one look at him and threw him out of the club.
      The same owners who often refuse to sign players with no "sell on" value to them.
      The same owners who believed texts sent by Steven Gerrard was an adequate recruitment tool.
      The same owners whose ticket pricing model saw fans walk out of a game in protest.
      A "principal owner" who rarely shows up to home games, is nowhere to be seen at aways, and openly says success in Europe is more important to him than winning the league, that the rest of us spend 9 months a year praying for.

That's not digging at the owners, they are some of the main moments of their time in charge. During it, their investment in the club has delivered two trophies. The clubs we have to compete with at home and abroad, win that amount in an average year. Yes they're better than the last owners, it doesn't mean they're perfect. It's Jürgen who has this side competing for the league title and delivers big European nights for us, so it's him who should get the credit for it.

The ideal ownership model is the German model, where the fans part own the clubs and are actively involved in running them. Should we ever seriously consider adopting the fan run model, I'm sure Jürgen can offer a word or two of advice to us on that front.

I think that they have learned from their mistakes. After of all, they were new to the football realm.

Put it this way, I won't protest them (for now). At least, they gave us the 6th UCL :)
      kevonio
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 31 
      Reply #29: Jul 14, 2019 10:17:56 am

Jesus tonight. how toots of the crack pipe did you actually have???
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30: Jul 14, 2019 12:37:05 pm
      The fans in Germany are major players in the running of their clubs, and obviously the club's interests are the fans No. 1 priority. Unfortunately we'll never be bigger than baseball, to the owners we have.

So we're European Champions, it should be a big advantage over other clubs, in terms of transfer targets, and we need them. There are still issues with squad depth. Hence why as soon as we play them in the cups, out they go at the first hurdle, and we then have to "focus" on the league and European Cup.

Their transfer policy, such as it is, is ridiculous tbh. I've lost count of the amount of transfer windows where we have signed nobody at all. Then there's the fiascos. The Dempseys and the Fekirs and the Konoplyankas. We had the chance to sign Salah as early as 2014, but refused. We had the chance to sign VVD 6 months before we did. Someone screwed it up and we had to wait. It took them 3 years with Klopp in charge, to sign a world class goalkeeper. That's before talking about the Balotellis and the Carrolls and the transfer committee, etc.

Jürgen has now had to admit that despite being European Champions, we won't be busy during the critical summer window. Rival clubs are splashing out 40-50-60 million on players, we have bought one 17 year old centre back. You would think we were under a transfer ban. We have 3 extra trophies to compete for this season, and the fixture list in the league is tougher than last year, so we need enough resources to cope. The alternative is playing Henderson at right back and Wijnaldum upfront again.

We are still waiting for the league title to come back home. Whether it's us or any other club, winning your national league title is bigger than any European success. As Shankly said all those years ago, "this is our bread and butter". And when it does come back home, I guarantee it will be more emotional than Madrid or Istanbul. Unfortunately, as you posted, our owner doesn't seem all that interested about winning the league, and I have a major issue with that.

I don't have a problem with his nationality. I'm not exactly local myself so I know all about the considerable issues and restrictions about travelling to games. However, he is the owner, and an active owner is at most games his club plays, not someone who cherry picks the 2-3 most attractive games of the season. If he could find the time and the resources to get to Madrid, he can find them to get to games v Burnley. He just doesn't show up.

If Suarez was a great player, which is true, how did he do us no favours? That doesn't make sense. He was one of our best players during their time in charge. The racism row was fake news. Therefore the owners should have supported him at all times. We won 5 league games after the ban was imposed, and Kenny was summoned to Boston to be sacked. Whether he's over it or not is irrelevant tbh. After all he did, and still does, for the club, the phrase "sacked Kenny Dalglish" is a permanent black mark over their heads, that cannot be erased.

We have just won our first trophy in 7 years, or in other words it's taken us 7 years to win A trophy. Five of their first six years they have been here, we finished outside the top 4, sometimes out of Europe completely. Jürgen is the one who has made the difference. He deserves all of the credit for it. Without him, we would still be where we were when he arrived, wondering when the next trophy, let alone league title, was coming from.

1) what the F**k does this have to do with Klopp?

2) Mike Gordon runs LFC not Henry, and he along with Werner, and other directors attend pretty much every match.

3) direct quote from Werner "We’re only going to get stronger. Ninety-seven points, it’s a remarkable year. We obviously didn’t win the league but we’ll be back next year and we’ve got a lot of motivation to win the league next year. I’m excited.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/05/heres-liverpool-chairmans-bullish-reaction-to-premier-league-title-near-miss/

So please, stop polluting threads with your nonsense, or at least post this bollocks in the right thread.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #31: Jul 15, 2019 06:49:33 am

Are you Riba in disguise ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32: Jul 15, 2019 08:25:18 am

Give your arse a rest and let your head do some thinking - pile of sh*te
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33: Jul 15, 2019 08:49:52 am
      I think now Rafa has gone to China our friend has lost his focus .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34: Jul 16, 2019 12:09:47 pm

What the actual F**k are you gibbering on about ?
      Tell ya what fella, parasols are on offer at Argos, it's clear the sun has frazzled those two brain cells you had, you need to go and lie down in a dark room some where, like a deep cellar, you better just hope tho that Joseph Fritzel isn't hanging around,  but then that could be a good thing........

......for us !!

YNWA
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #35: Jul 17, 2019 10:41:34 pm
      Quote from Swab
      1) what does this have to do with Klopp?

2) Mike Gordon runs LFC not Henry, and he along with Werner, and other directors attend pretty much every match.

Good for them. I'm talking about the attendance record of the "Principal Owner". He said Europe is more important to him than the league, the quote is there. I get it's not an issue to most people atm, but it is to me.

A lot of it has to do with Klopp, especially  transfer activity. It's outrageous that we're not able to strengthen the squad when we're European Champions. There's 29 players in America. Half of them are established regulars. Some of them are playing to get a loan that offers them more playing time. Meanwhile, we're one injury away from having to use Milner at left back again.

Quote from clint_call01
      I think that they have learned from their mistakes. After of all, they were new to the football realm.

Put it this way, I won't protest them (for now). At least, they gave us the 6th UCL :)

Klopp gave it to us.

If they made less mistakes, we might have a better trophy record over the past 10 years than we do have.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Jul 17, 2019 11:08:21 pm
      He said Europe is more important to him than the league, the quote is there.

Provide it then, don't expect people to do the work to try and justify your agenda.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #37: Jul 18, 2019 02:41:18 am
      Good for them. I'm talking about the attendance record of the "Principal Owner". He said Europe is more important to him than the league, the quote is there. I get it's not an issue to most people atm, but it is to me.

A lot of it has to do with Klopp, especially  transfer activity. It's outrageous that we're not able to strengthen the squad when we're European Champions. There's 29 players in America. Half of them are established regulars. Some of them are playing to get a loan that offers them more playing time. Meanwhile, we're one injury away from having to use Milner at left back again.

Klopp gave it to us.

If they made less mistakes, we might have a better trophy record over the past 10 years than we do have.

Well you have convinced me, that you will never be happy with anything that happens under this ownership group. That's enough.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38: Jul 18, 2019 06:27:32 am

Klopp gave it to us.

Since when are we “not able” to improve the squad ?

Have you even considered the fact it’s Klopps decisions about player purchases and if no one arrive it’s because he doesn’t see anyone that he thinks will add what he wants ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Jul 18, 2019 12:56:56 pm
      Since when are we “not able” to improve the squad ?

Have you even considered the fact it’s Klopps decisions about player purchases and if no one arrive it’s because he doesn’t see anyone that he thinks will add what he wants ?

He hasnt. If there is one argument I thought we'd seen the end of after the last couple of windows (and seasons) it was this about the owners won't spend, but like the moon landing conspiracy die-hards, it never quite goed away .

(Probably unfair on moon landing conspiracy types -Sorry).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #40: Jul 18, 2019 01:05:23 pm
      Good for them. I'm talking about the attendance record of the "Principal Owner".

Who the hell cares how many games John Henry attends?

Some people get upset over the strangest things. Him being there or not is totally irrelevant, even more so when it's not him that runs the club and he has appointed other people to do so.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2019 01:58:24 pm by srslfc »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Jul 18, 2019 01:48:38 pm
      Our transfer business since Jürgen has arrived has just been superb. I am 100% confident whatever he want the club will back him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42: Jul 18, 2019 02:59:41 pm

So you want the guy who doesn't run the club to show up at more games, and see this as a reason to have a dig.

Riiiiight  :roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Jul 18, 2019 04:23:42 pm
      https://twitter.com/JDNalton/status/1151056314321297408

Getting a headache just looking at it.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #44: Jul 18, 2019 04:28:52 pm
      Who the hell cares how many games John Henry attends?

Some people get upset over the strangest things. Him being there or not is totally irrelevant, even more so when it's not him that runs the club and he has appointed other people to do so.

Exactly. Opening the transfer funds and hiring the right people to manage the club is more important than owner attendance. Our financial health is so much better than G&H days now. All these elements trump owner attendance in terms of importance.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #45: Jul 18, 2019 04:46:24 pm

Now just imaging trying to face a team with such instructions...😂 no wonder we batter teams relentlessly into submissions..

Quick Reply