Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430711 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #69: Jul 21, 2019 02:12:19 pm
      not sure if its been mentioned before but apparently Jürgen will now allow the lads to touch the "This is Anfield" sign now they are Champions they deserve it

They were told when Klopp first turned up they had to earn the rìght to touch that sign.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #70: Jul 22, 2019 11:02:46 pm
      Not sure if this has been previously posted, but I love this
      https://youtu.be/-D4LI0-YkdE
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #71: Jul 23, 2019 04:49:32 am

You see the emotion of those two? How proud they are of their boys, this club; how close everybody is and what it means to all of them.

They going to win everything? probably not...will they screw up a transfer at some point? probably yes.

Does any of that really matter? I don't think so.

Like the tagline said "This means more"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #72: Jul 23, 2019 08:28:24 pm

Seen that the other night, seems it's finally clicked with Jürgen and the lads just how F***ing big our club is!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #73: Jul 24, 2019 06:49:51 am

Passion, passion and passion. You can't buy it! Come on Jürgen and co, brings us the big one!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Jul 24, 2019 11:24:17 am
      So here is what Klopp is saying about our transfer policy and the lack of business so far this summer about which some are very unhappy. He addresses so many of the common posts on here about our lack of activity this summer. You are free to disagree with him of course, but he makes it clear what he is doing:

“It's not easy,” says Klopp. “I said last year that to improve the team is not easy with reasonable money. With crazy money, you always can do it – okay, you pay whatever you want, then it's possible.

“We are not a club like that. We cannot do that. We are really wealthy but we cannot do what some other teams are doing. That's how it is.

“But we don't have to. We have to find solutions during the season. Yes, you find sometimes the solution in the transfer market and we have done that. I don't have to name the players, everybody knows.

But otherwise you have to find the solutions on the training ground and that's what we do now.

In the same ECHO article he elaborates on this last part of training players we already have up to the required level:

“We are still looking, but it will not be the (biggest) transfer window of LFC,” says Klopp. “It just will be a transfer window.

“We will see what we do, and if we haven't done anything by the end it will be for different reasons.

"It's about using this team. In the transfer window, you have to build a team that you think you want to go into the season with. But I have that team already.

“If we can bring somebody else in that makes it even better, we will see. But if not, this team is already there. And again we will have to find solutions at different moments.”

Klopp elaborates on that point. “We started last season with five centre-backs, Nat Phillips included," he adds. "Then there was one matchday against Brighton when there was Virgil van Dijk left. Fabinho next to him.

“Had one of them gone out, then I wouldn't have known who could do it. Who could play centre-back?

“You cannot be prepared for everything. You need a bit of luck, and we had a little bit of it in the final part of last season. We came through, won something, and now let's try again.”

Here is the best bit for me, in understanding Klopp's approach to whether or not to execute a transfer.

“Transfer strategy has to be long term,” he says. “It has to be long term. “Short term covers the problem, but doesn't solve it. If someone gets an injury, and you buy someone to fill the position and three weeks later the injured player is back, then you have double quality in the same position. Having too much quality doesn't help with the development of players. It's good for everybody on the outside, because they can say 'well if he can't play, then he can play or he could play.

“If you're working together all week and then three of the players (of the same quality in the same position) can't play, they won't get any better. It's not just about them staying confident in that kind of situation.

“You have to create a situation where you NEED the player, you need the boys. That's what we try.
      We have 100% always long-term plans. That's what is really good about this football club.”

So what I'm seeing is a holistic approach to managing players and the team. He genuinely cares about each player. He is driven to win, but he doesn't see the players as pieces of meat. He takes his responsibility to develop and build  very seriously and I think by now he has shown he knows how to do that. How many managers of big clubs around the world, or even mid-sized clubs in England where there is so much TV money, don't really show much grasp of team and player development beyond, "how much money do I get to spend?" (and in their cases, they typically aren't even getting that great of a player, just kind of the latest fad driven by agents and their friends in the media)? How often do we see players linked with Liverpool over during transfer windows and they end up being signed by fairly average clubs who are never competing for the top trophies like we are?

I get the adrenaline rush when we sign someone, but it's nothing like the thrill of watching the team play and succeed. I know Man City are like a game of Football Manager with Editor where you can buy everyone and try to control every result (and yet players STILL have to load their save from prior to the time they lost a match unexpectedly). But our club is a more realistic situation than that, and the manager is the perfect person to make it work for us. 
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #76: Jul 25, 2019 09:56:09 am
      If don't bring one or two players in think we bin league cup again and fa cup play u23 don't have squad.

Put out our ull team league or champion league thats it.

l hope the boss keeps Wilson and Kent if he gets rid of both before season starts then we really are not going win league as our bench looks weak
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2019 10:32:47 am by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #77: Jul 25, 2019 02:14:56 pm
      If don't bring one or two players in think we bin league cup again and fa cup play u23 don't have squad.

l hope the boss keeps Wilson and Kent if he gets rid of both before season starts then we really are not going win league as our bench looks weak

Loans out can wait until January. EFL Trophy factors into this as well.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #78: Jul 25, 2019 04:07:12 pm

Why do i feel i know this poster...but just joined....hmm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #79: Jul 26, 2019 10:13:13 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #80: Jul 27, 2019 04:19:20 pm
      That's a good piece,but F**k me those people on twitter!The F***ing sign someone cu*ts,no clue,we need to have an exam for people to support the team!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #81: Jul 27, 2019 06:17:10 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #82: Jul 27, 2019 10:09:21 pm
      Article is bang on & should be put in the transfer thread too..

I’m loving every F***ing minute of Klopp as our Boss..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #83: Jul 31, 2019 08:41:14 pm
      We all love the Klopp hugs and appreciate how supportive he is of the players, but did you hear him reading the riot act to Rhian Brewster today shortly before he made 10 changes in the 2nd half? I think it was for not closing someone down.

Klopp is a great guy but if you aren't meeting his expectations, he will make sure you know it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #84: Aug 01, 2019 05:30:30 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #85: Aug 02, 2019 04:29:56 am
      Not mine but had to share it...

You were angry because I signed a "premier league flop" from Roma..he has won 2 Golden Boots in 2 years.

You were angry because I signed a cheap left-back from a relegated team..today he is the best left-back in the world.

You were angry when I replaced Nathaniel Clyne with an 19 year old academy kid..today he is the best right-back in the world.

You were angry because I spent 75 million on a goalkeeper and a central defender..today they are both Ballon d'or contenders, ahead of Messi.

This year I have signed 2 cheap teenagers and considering Oxlade-Chamberlain like a new signing...and you are REALLY angry, again. You know what this means..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #86: Aug 07, 2019 01:52:37 am
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07jxkn9

Klopp and Robbo on 5 Live podcast Tuesday.
      LDM
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #87: Aug 08, 2019 04:15:48 pm
      Love this interview with Stan Collymore and Jürgen Klopp. Love how talks about relaxing and the philosphy of coaching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b2xa7zdPyw
      IJ_Statspert
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #88: Aug 09, 2019 12:24:53 pm
      Agreed klopp has done wonders and the players he bought in has justified his selections
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #89: Aug 09, 2019 01:52:06 pm
      Jürgen says we should all get along on here.

From the matchday programme, quoted on the official site:

"A new season is always about opportunity. I think this coming one presents the best kind of opportunity for all of us in the LFC fold.

"As the team, we know we have the opportunity to be better than we were last season. This I love about football. Regardless of what came before you know there are new challenges and new memories to make.

"This team, since I have been fortunate enough to lead them, has been all about progression collectively and individually. They know standing still means you actually fall backwards. The Premier League, the domestic cups and Europe – all our opponents will make strides forward. Our strides can and must be bigger if we want to achieve.

"I hear the words often, after a season like we just had, about how difficult or how important it is to 'go again'. I don’t dislike the sentiment and there is merit to it, but simply ‘going again’ won’t be enough. We need to be even stronger, even fitter, smarter, more committed, greater focus.

"Maybe a slight change on the sentiment: 'improve again', maybe 'progress again'.

"Here is what I know for certain: it will be the toughest, most challenging season we will all face, and that is because of the quality we compete with. Starting tonight we face outstanding players, led by brilliant managers and coaches week in and week out – it doesn’t stop.

"But it’s the challenge that makes it so fulfilling and so enjoyable. Let’s never lose sight of what we are all involved in; it’s about energy and joy, it’s about shared experiences. There is so much in the outside world that is not to enjoy at the moment, so much that is divisive. Football at its best is the antidote to this, albeit we know it can only often be brief respite. Football offers the chance for people from all backgrounds and all communities to come together and focus on achieving something amazing through collective effort.

"Everyone – from the players to the staff to the supporters – shares equally in the joyous moment of a goal or a win. We can all experience the fulfillment that comes from helping each other. Supporters give energy to the players through atmosphere and players give energy back through their commitment and enterprise. Everyone contributes and everyone benefits.

"These are the values that will shape our season. If we all look to continue this relationship – of one big community, all coming together to help the team achieve – then we can enjoy special moments again I think.

"If I had one message for the coming season, to everyone who cares about this amazing club, it is that we are ready for some great times if we are prepared to work together to achieve it. We can stay together at all times if we want it this way, good times and bad.

"As the team, management and players, we know what our responsibilities are and we are hungry and eager to deliver more. We know our supporters will be the wind at our backs. The rest is about the journey and making sure you take all the joy you can from the moment.

"This evening we are back at Anfield, our home. Let’s cherish every moment we have in this special place together and focus entirely on this game and giving all we have to win and then enjoy that feeling together."

So behave everyone,and let's help the team win the league.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Aug 09, 2019 05:53:01 pm
      Good luck for the season boss, lookin forward to it !!!!!!!!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #91: Aug 10, 2019 12:35:18 pm

Quick Reply