Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430502 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #207: Oct 05, 2019 08:15:08 pm
      Great to see Klopp at the end of the game
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #208: Oct 08, 2019 03:02:19 pm
      4 year anniversary

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1181503361922867201?s=21

Best manager in the world
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #209: Oct 08, 2019 03:34:16 pm
      Warms your heart every time you hear him speak
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #210: Oct 08, 2019 04:52:05 pm

You have to hand it to the owners - they went out and landed our best signing for how many years? Klopp must have a 100% approval rating across all the supports around the world.

Every single year we see progress which is absolutely unbelievable! I’m just enjoying every single minute and we all should because it’ll be over before we know it.

He genuinely makes me want to be a better person (weird I know). He is a legend!!!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #211: Oct 08, 2019 09:28:43 pm
      Here's to at least another four more!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #212: Oct 08, 2019 09:35:57 pm
      Please
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #213: Oct 09, 2019 05:47:54 am
      Long time reader here, first time poster.

I cant thank Jürgen enough for the memories (so far). That night in madrid took me back to my childhood. (I'm 29). I was able to share that night with my 4 boys the same way I shared the treble 01, the Istanbul night,  the fa cup under Rafa all with my old man before we became estranged.

When the origi goal went in against spurs I just crouched down and couldn't believe it. After the 2-1 loss to milan,  08/09 title push, the rodgers title push, last season's title push I just couldn't believe we had finally done it. It was a magic moment in my household, all 5 of us lads huddled round cheering, my kids not knowing how big a moment it is but knowing the cup meant we are boss.

We are back, and I cant even begin to drink it on properly. We will win more than just number 6 under Jürgen. And I think he will leave a legacy that will last 20 years.

Thanks for giving me/us our club back.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #214: Oct 11, 2019 12:05:12 am
      Keith's latest rant  :D :D :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #215: Oct 11, 2019 03:32:29 am
      This club got it's soul back as soon as he walked through our doors.

Four years and hopefully four more (and then some).

Love him.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #216: Oct 11, 2019 05:02:35 pm
      This club got it's soul back as soon as he walked through our doors.

Four years and hopefully four more (and then some).

Love him.

Please
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #217: Oct 11, 2019 06:14:29 pm
      Think it's safe to say that he is already a legend, inside 4 years, truly incredible,

It is just the beginning, so everyone just enjoy the ride, it just isn't how he is in and around the club, he is genuinely a absolutely fantastic human being too.

Love the bloke.

Jürgen Klopp...best manager on planet Football...End Of !!

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #218: Oct 11, 2019 06:59:00 pm
      Think it's safe to say that he is already a legend, inside 4 years, truly incredible,

It is just the beginning, so everyone just enjoy the ride, it just isn't how he is in and around the club, he is genuinely a absolutely fantastic human being too.

Love the bloke.

Jürgen Klopp...best manager on planet Football...End Of !!

YNWA

Amazing to think that it has been 4 years. Still feels like he's just starting out with us. It's been monumental hasn't it and when thinking back to the highs and lows, yeah I suppose it does feel like 4 years.

When he arrived I remember thinking if he could build a team as good as his best Dortmund side then I'd be floored. He hasn't done that... because he's surpassed it.

There is a purity and a authenticity to him that has been unlike and will be unlike anything we will ever see. No man has bettered his ability to reflect the nature of life itself in the game of football. It is the most holistic and life affirming approach. One city, one club, one man. Simply the best.
      « Last Edit: Oct 11, 2019 07:04:39 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #219: Oct 11, 2019 07:51:46 pm
      Being a Scot I'll always have a affinity to Shanks & Kenny, I'm way to young to have ever witnessed a Bill Shankly X1 so can only admire old tv footage etc, I can remember though my old Grandad telling me things about this fella called Bill Shankly and indeed  the Shankly family,
      I was only a wee lad of course but my Grandad's words planted a seed,

Fast forward few decade's, or so and i think there are many similarities to what was football back in the late 50's to what we are witnessing now,  but X 10,

Jürgen Klopp is his own man but his attitude to life and his passion and philosophies are very similar to that of Shanks,

Perhaps Shanks himself sent Jürgen to Anfield from heaven, which is ironic cos to me their both God's!!

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #220: Oct 12, 2019 10:28:03 am
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #221: Oct 13, 2019 08:40:58 pm
      More stats:

Four years ago today, a new era began at Liverpool Football Club as Jürgen Klopp was appointed as manager.

The German put pen to paper on his deal with the Reds on October 8, 2015 at a city centre hotel, beginning a fresh chapter in his career after successful managerial spells with Mainz and Borussia Dortmund in his homeland.

Klopp would take the helm for the first time nine days later – a goalless draw at Tottenham Hotspur – to start his Anfield tenure.

In total, the 52-year-old has presided over 221 matches as Liverpool boss, during which time his side registered a club-record 97 points in a single season and, of course, lifted the UEFA Champions League and Super Cup trophies.

To mark the anniversary, official LFC statistician Ged Rea has collated a range of facts and figures from Klopp’s four years as Liverpool manager…

517 - most consecutive minutes in all competitions without conceding a goal under Jürgen Klopp (February-March 2019).

458 - goals scored in all competitions under Jürgen - averaging 2.07 goals per game, the highest ratio by any Reds manager in the last 123 years.

320 - points won by Jürgen Klopp in the Premier League, from the 152 matches at an average of 2.11 per game.

221 - number of games played so far in the Klopp era in all competitions.

197 - Roberto Firmino has made most appearances for the club since Jürgen took charge.

197 -  the number of games taken to manage his Liverpool team to 400 goals - faster than any other Reds boss.

146 - the number of games it took Jürgen to record 300 league points - the fewest games required by any Reds boss to reach the landmark.

92 - the number of wins recorded by Klopp in his first 150 league games in charge, more than any other Liverpool manager in history.

88 - clean sheets kept by Liverpool in all competitions since Klopp was appointed - the first coming against Tottenham in October 2015.

77 - the tally of goals scored by Liverpool's highest scorer under Klopp - Mohamed Salah.

68 - cup ties have been played by Liverpool (30 Champions League, 14 League Cup, 13 Europa League, 10 FA Cup, 1 European Super Cup) under the German.

67 - players used by the club during Klopp's 221-match tenure.

58.82 - the percentage of wins overseen by Jürgen Klopp in his four years at the helm (130 in 221 games) - a percentage bettered by only one previous manager, John McKenna (69.44).

53 - different teams Klopp has faced as Reds boss - he has beaten 50 of those.

49 - goals scored by Liverpool substitutes, with the most coming from Divock Origi (9).

44 - the average number of minutes between Liverpool goals (458 goals in 20,010 minutes).

43 - the number of occasions the Reds have scored four goals or more in a game.

39 - the number of times the most used centre-back pairing has been deployed with Joel Matip and Virgil van Dijk on the losing team only five times.

38 - the number of different Liverpool players to have scored under Klopp - Emre Can the first, Ki-Jana Hoever the latest to net for the first time.

37 - players have been given their Reds debut, with Connor Randall being the first and Sepp van den Berg the last.

22 - the winning score that the Reds have recorded most often is 2-1 (22 times).

21 - the average age of the youngest starting XI fielded by Klopp, and indeed, ever by Liverpool - against Plymouth in the FA Cup in January 2017 (21 years 296 days).

20 - the number of times Reds have come from behind to win a game in league and cup.

17 - successive league victories recorded under Jürgen Klopp (currently) - a best ever for the club.

15 - the quickest goal in seconds scored by a Liverpool player from the start of a game (Naby Keita against Huddersfield Town in April 2019).

14 - the number of different players to captain the team - Milner, Toure, Lucas, Henderson, Benteke, Allen, Enrique, Flanagan, Skrtel, Can, Coutinho, Mignolet, Lovren and Van Dijk. 

14 - the number of teams Liverpool are unbeaten against in the Premier League under Jürgen Klopp.

8 - the current run of successive away league victories - the most ever by any Liverpool manager.

8 - the most consecutive victories recorded in a single calendar month by any Reds boss - December 2018.

5 - in 2019 he became the fifth German coach to win the European Cup/Champions League after Dettmar Cramer, Jupp Heynckes, Ottmar Hitzfeld and Udo Lattek.

1 - the first manager ever to take an English team to three European finals in his first three seasons of European competition.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/368176-in-numbers-four-years-of-Jürgen-klopp
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #222: Oct 18, 2019 05:29:33 pm
      Liked some of his comments in the presser today.

In response to Solskjaer suggesting it was the perfect game for United, Klopp said: "I don't think there are a lot of teams who would love to play against us at the moment...  It looks like Manchester United is the only team that wants to play us, and we have to make sure that is a misunderstanding.“

Then went on to say that they would have to wait another week if they wanted to change their season.

Love that talk.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #223: Oct 18, 2019 05:34:35 pm
      Love it Klopp
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #224: Oct 19, 2019 10:27:10 am
      Jürgen seems to be the manager, giving us the final push for trophies, that have eluded the club for so many years. Surely this is the year, we win the premiership. Well done Jürgen Klopp !
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #225: Oct 19, 2019 10:28:31 am
      Liked some of his comments in the presser today.

In response to Solskjaer suggesting it was the perfect game for United, Klopp said: "I don't think there are a lot of teams who would love to play against us at the moment...  It looks like Manchester United is the only team that wants to play us, and we have to make sure that is a misunderstanding.“

Then went on to say that they would have to wait another week if they wanted to change their season.

Love that talk.
      Love the way he makes the majority of journos look like the wankers that they are ,kenny especially was a past master at it and the gaffer is quickly following in his shoes .
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #226: Oct 19, 2019 06:53:45 pm
      I think if Jürgen expands his contract he could overtake Fagan and Paisley and be #1 coach of all time.
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2019 04:40:39 pm by racerx34 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #227: Oct 20, 2019 10:40:23 am
      I think if Jürgen expands his contract he could overtake Fagan and Paisley and be #1 coach of all time, kind of like Fergie for MU.

Got to win a LOT more trophies to get anywhere near Paisley. And who gives a F**k what anyone does at the mancs. Stop trying to compare, that's not what we're about, it's about what they are about. Envious as F**k about us!!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #228: Oct 20, 2019 07:35:41 pm
      Will he be happy today with the point?
      Think he'll be glad we didn't loose, but don't think he'll be happy overall.
      Looked pretty pissed with the officials, and rightly so, the 4th official got a earful today off him today.
      Think he'll be pleased with the subs though, they changed the game and did well when they came on.
      Had to end the winning run sometime - just a pity it was against poxy relegation candidates.
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #229: Oct 20, 2019 10:44:12 pm
      Will he be happy today with the point?

I think he will. I read an interview recently where he more or less stated that against good sides on the road he always feels not losing to be an accomplishment.

Quick Reply