Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430542 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #253: Nov 10, 2019 09:07:25 pm
      Nice summary by Wenger on the difference between the two sides that played earlier.

https://twitter.com/beINSPORTS_EN/status/1193562438265753600
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #254: Nov 10, 2019 09:35:38 pm
      Klopp refusing to be directed by what the Sky Sports cameramen want him to do. Jürgen and Liverpool perform for the city and its supporters. Not for Sky's billions.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1193596971153547264?s=20

Also, please read this wonderful match report from Rory Smith that has just been published by the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/10/sports/liverpool-man-city-klopp.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytsports
      « Last Edit: Nov 10, 2019 09:41:51 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #255: Nov 11, 2019 01:51:26 am
      Klopp refusing to be directed by what the Sky Sports cameramen want him to do. Jürgen and Liverpool perform for the city and its supporters. Not for Sky's billions.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1193596971153547264?s=20

Also, please read this wonderful match report from Rory Smith that has just been published by the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/10/sports/liverpool-man-city-klopp.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytsports

I meant to ask about this before. On the telecast, Klopp turns to the cameraman and you can hear him say first something like "Because you are here!" He followed that as he turned away with "I am not a clown."

More than once I've thought the cameras and TV in general are way too intrusive anymore. I remember after the Barca semifinal they kept a couple of our players from the post-match YNWA singing, one of the best moments any player could ever experience in their career. They can get a shot of Jürgen pumping his fist without being right in his face. Good for him.

EDIT: the article linked really speaks well about how Klopp should not be caricatured as a rah-rah guy because he is a managerial genius for whom motivation is just one part of his skill set.

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2019 01:59:00 am by Robby The Z »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #256: Nov 11, 2019 05:52:21 am
      What a manager. Incredible what he has done
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #257: Nov 11, 2019 06:39:29 am
      What a manager. Incredible what he has done

And he has not finished yet,when he has finished where will we put the Klopp gates.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #258: Nov 11, 2019 08:41:32 am
      Interesting that var has muted Klopps celebrations, when that starts transferring to the stands ,and the atmosphere, what will the clowns in charge think of then ,
      Celebrating a goal is spontaneous , once you remove that the fun and enjoyment will be next in line .
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #259: Nov 11, 2019 10:08:50 am
      Interesting that var has muted Klopps celebrations, when that starts transferring to the stands ,and the atmosphere, what will the clowns in charge think of then ,
      Celebrating a goal is spontaneous , once you remove that the fun and enjoyment will be next in line .

The arsehole Sky cameraman done my head in at the end - signalling at Klopp for him to fist pump in front of the Kop. Think that's why he's stopped doing it recently. Melt with a camera thinking he can direct the celebrations - piss off you helmet!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #260: Nov 11, 2019 10:22:23 am
      The arsehole Sky cameraman done my head in at the end - signalling at Klopp for him to fist pump in front of the Kop. Think that's why he's stopped doing it recently. Melt with a camera thinking he can direct the celebrations - piss off you helmet!

Klopp told him that he’s no clown that listens to such instructions..
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #261: Nov 11, 2019 12:34:30 pm
      The only downside: just two more seasons with Jürgen after this one.  :'( I know it's not officially decided yet, but knowing Klopp for many years and his habits, he'll retire with a chance to come back for a national team later.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #262: Nov 11, 2019 12:42:58 pm
      ‘After hardship comes ease...’

The loss in Kiev was a blessing in disguise as that was the driving force in our quest to win it the following season..

The loss to City by 1 point in the league is now the driving force in our quest to lift the Premier League..

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #263: Nov 12, 2019 07:28:50 am
      The only manager that has Pep's number.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #264: Nov 12, 2019 08:30:51 am
      Another masterclass from Jürgen on Sunday.

You know what.......I thought Sterling was brilliant on Sunday - their best player by a mile.

However........it was really interesting that at NO point did they put him near Robbo - so complete has his domination been over last 2 years.

They left him on the left to try to exploit TAA's defensive flaws and to keep him and Mo a little deeper than we'd like.

No bother.......Trent switches to Robbo, Hendo goes down the right and Mo is outstanding.......

Your move Pep.......
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #265: Nov 12, 2019 10:28:50 am
      What a manager . What he has done since hes arrived is exceptional . Ynwa boss
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #266: Nov 12, 2019 12:26:05 pm
      All managers get wound up.Wouldn't be in the game if they didn't feel it. On that sentiment I'm not to hard on Pep. I think he's good for the Premier League. Yes he got a bit animated, toys went out of the pram for sure but he doesn't like losing.

Our Boss was calm and assured, before, during and after the game. It was as much as Klopp V Pep as LFC V MCFC. It was terrific game, end to end, high quality. Klopp matched them in every department and had the edge in creating and taking clear chances. Defining moment for Fabinho, that fact for me was almost as big as the result.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #267: Nov 12, 2019 01:25:17 pm

You know what.......I thought Sterling was brilliant on Sunday - their best player by a mile.

However........it was really interesting that at NO point did they put him near Robbo - so complete has his domination been over last 2 years.

They left him on the left to try to exploit TAA's defensive flaws and to keep him and Mo a little deeper than we'd like.

No bother.......Trent switches to Robbo, Hendo goes down the right and Mo is outstanding.......

Your move Pep.......

It's becoming much more noticeable the way the players are switching without looking to the touchline for guidance.
      As you say, with TAA pinned back a bit, Henderson slotted in, in front of him, and TAA started pinging it to Robertson.
      Mane moves right, Firmino drops deeper, Salah goes central, Robertson comes forwards more, Gini holds behind him.
      It's becoming seamless, the way we transition from our basic shape, to exploit space the opposition leave.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #268: Nov 12, 2019 01:44:11 pm

Your move Pep.......

Bang on Scotia, tactical geniuses, all of them 😁
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #269: Nov 12, 2019 11:37:45 pm
      Can’t help but love Klopp, don’t know if it’s been seen, but I laughed my head off at this
      https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/guardiola-klopp-man-city-liverpool-17242254
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #270: Nov 13, 2019 12:59:30 am
      He came out overnight and said Man United wanted him but his wife ruled the move out saying that Liverpool just seemed a better fit for Jürgen.

Thank F**k for his wife!!!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #271: Nov 13, 2019 01:08:39 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #272: Nov 13, 2019 07:10:52 am
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #273: Nov 13, 2019 09:54:07 pm
      Not sure if anyone posted this already but really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPHXEjiP1wU 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #274: Nov 14, 2019 12:00:18 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #275: Nov 21, 2019 03:37:30 pm
      Great article in The Athletic by James Pearce - talking with Klopp about building mentality. There's a bit where he describes how his focus has to be nearly constant,and thus it keeps him from fully enjoying a big win like the one against City recently. Thought it was an interesting glimpse into his mindset.

But what about being able to savour a victory? It was telling that when Klopp faced the media straight after Liverpool’s win over title rivals Manchester City he was bemoaning the lack of preparation time he would have for this weekend’s trip to Crystal Palace. Even after such a statement triumph, he was immediately looking to the next hurdle that needed to be cleared rather than living in the moment.

“Yes because I hate the internationals! From a personal point of view, I just hate it,” he says.

“Sadio Mane played in Swaziland (for Senegal). You know nothing about games like this. He went off straight after half-time and you are thinking ‘oh’. These are the situations that kill me, to be honest.

“It’s just not knowing about what is exactly happening, trying to find out what we can do, what we have to do. As soon as Sadio got a phone we could get in contact but he’s the player, he’s not the guy who organises everything else around it. Dealing with things like this is not cool.

“That’s why the last game before an international break is always difficult for me. The final whistle goes and then I’m thinking ‘now they leave’. That’s the biggest problem in my working life.

Quick Reply