Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430812 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #276: Nov 23, 2019 07:38:58 pm
      I just seen this will be my 20,000th post on here. No better place to post it than on this man's thread!

I really enjoyed his post match interview on the BBC. Very tactically aware and a great analysis of the whole match in just a few minutes. His big personality distracts the wider footballing public from the fact that he is one of, if not, the best tactical mind in the game. The attention to detail he displays in interviews like that and his ability to keep Liverpool evolving from season to season is evident of that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50531908

The fact that we've gone from a fiery, anarchic attacking side during his first couple of seasons here or so to a more calm, measured and controlled side is also probably indicative of how much calmer he is on the sidelines! They say the best teams reflect the personality of their manager and we are very much one of those teams. Doctors orders to Jürgen to cut out coffee and calm down seemed to have worked wonders for us!

The thing I love most about him? That he's dragged the club and its fans out from the shadows of it's significant history, a history that was becoming somewhat intimidating for us as time went by. He isn't this generations Bill Shankly or Bob Paisley or anything like that. He's his own man, with his own understanding and commitment to Liverpool. He has created his own Liverpool!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #277: Nov 23, 2019 07:47:28 pm
      I just seen this will be my 20,000th post on here. No better place to post it than on this man's thread!

I really enjoyed his post match interview on the BBC. Very tactically aware and a great analysis of the whole match in just a few minutes. His big personality distracts the wider footballing public from the fact that he is one of, if not, the best tactical mind in the game. The attention to detail he displays in interviews like that and his ability to keep Liverpool evolving from season to season is evident of that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50531908

The fact that we've gone from a fiery, anarchic attacking side during his first couple of seasons here or so to a more calm, measured and controlled side is also probably indicative of how much calmer he is on the sidelines! They say the best teams reflect the personality of their manager and we are very much one of those teams. Doctors orders to Jürgen to cut out coffee and calm down seemed to have worked wonders for us!

The thing I love most about him? That he's dragged the club and its fans out from the shadows of it's significant history, a history that was becoming somewhat intimidating for us as time went by. He isn't this generations Bill Shankly or Bob Paisley or anything like that. He's his own man, with his own understanding and commitment to Liverpool. He has created his own Liverpool!

Actually I think he's following in Shank's footsteps by reconnecting the club with the fans.

He gets slagged and mocked by fans from other clubs when he told the players to do that thing lining up in front of the fans after the draw against West Brom in his first game in charge , he also not long after had a quiet, subtle dig at those leaving the ground 10 - 15 mins from the end and you're now seeing the results of the mentality from the team and total backing from the ground. Said it in another thread, I haven't actually sat in the kop since at least the middle of last season.

Here's turning into more of a Messiah than Rafa, albeit more quietly. He's also aware of the history of this club, he's just creating his own piece of history, making his own mark.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2019 07:52:48 pm by HUYTON RED »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #278: Nov 23, 2019 10:40:46 pm
      I love him to bits but sometimes don't understand his moves ( he generally gets it right 99% of the time, so lucky I'm no Manager). Yesterday he had Hendo and TAA double teaming Zaha. Was working a F***ing treat. Then for some reason he takes off Jordan, gets Gini over there to help TAA and Zaha F***ing runs amok and scores. Just didn't understand it and why also when we 1-0 with say 60-70 mins on the clock, he doesn't get that extra defender on but waits till they equalize then gets the extra defender on. Drives me nuts!!!

Other then that I love the Crazy f**ker and am so glad he's ours...Thankyou Mrs Klopp!!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #279: Nov 24, 2019 02:27:18 pm
      For the first time since supporting this club (24 years old), I feel like we are head and shoulders above the rest, I feel like no one can stop us, I feel like we are champions, I feel like this year will be our F***ing year.

In regards to the Palace game, bad performance, good result, 3 points in the bag, call us mentality monsters, mentality giants whatever you want, I  am starting to think champions in waiting is more appropriate.

I know there is a long way to go but I can't shrug this feeling and I F***ing love it, thank you Mr Klopp.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #280: Dec 04, 2019 01:10:48 pm
      This decade is almost at an end with a new one ahead of us, I hope we dominate the next one with Klopp leading us..

Exciting times ahead..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #281: Dec 04, 2019 02:39:28 pm
      This decade is almost at an end with a new one ahead of us, I hope we dominate the next one with Klopp leading us..

Exciting times ahead..

Think of where we were 10 years ago today. I mean, Rafa was still manager but the writing was on the wall as he tried to navigate the H&G seas.

Could things be any different 10 years later?
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #282: Dec 04, 2019 08:01:14 pm
      Big selection decisions vs Everton from Jürgen.
      He obviously thinks with all the games coming, he needs the squad lads to step up, as will need them to again in December anyway for other big games.
      Risky imho to make so many changes in this game, but would love to see the boys selected do well - not only would a win keep our momentum going, but would be a huge confidence boost for all the fellas coming into the starting XI tonite.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #283: Dec 04, 2019 10:59:39 pm
      Big selection decisions vs Everton from Jürgen.
      He obviously thinks with all the games coming, he needs the squad lads to step up, as will need them to again in December anyway for other big games.
      Risky imho to make so many changes in this game, but would love to see the boys selected do well - not only would a win keep our momentum going, but would be a huge confidence boost for all the fellas coming into the starting XI tonite.

Worked out OK then?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #284: Dec 04, 2019 11:37:46 pm
      So that's the hundredth PL win for the boss.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #285: Dec 05, 2019 05:52:02 am
      If he wins 19 does he get a statue??
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #286: Dec 07, 2019 05:06:42 pm
      I just want to say thankyou Jürgen I hope he realises just how much we appreciate what he has done for us
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #287: Dec 07, 2019 05:11:57 pm
      Brilliant team selection and got Shak and Jones to get some minutes will be needed in the coming games.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #288: Dec 07, 2019 05:15:59 pm
      Message to a Klopp from me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_6T05IBqzQ
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #289: Dec 07, 2019 10:29:43 pm
      Since Pochettino got sacked, Jürgen has become the current longest serving foreign manager in the English game, the third longest in the League and the fifth in all four divisions.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #290: Dec 07, 2019 11:30:53 pm
      I love you Boss!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #291: Dec 07, 2019 11:53:09 pm
      Since Pochettino got sacked, Jürgen has become the current longest serving foreign manager in the English game, the third longest in the League and the fifth in all four divisions.

And long it may continue
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #292: Dec 11, 2019 09:50:39 am
      Pretty comfortable result last night in what could have been a very tricky tie.
      A masterclass from Jürgen in keep things fresh / keeping players motivated this week.
      Keep up the amazing work :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #293: Dec 11, 2019 10:42:42 am
      Champions league put to bed till Feb, we now can fully concentrate of strengthening our hold on the league & bring back the Trophy from Qatar..

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #294: Dec 11, 2019 05:32:22 pm
      Hopefully when it kicks off in February we will have a double figure points advantage over our closest rivals to really go at it again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #295: Dec 16, 2019 03:50:53 pm
      Lump in your throat time. Jürgen and the boys at Alder Hey.

https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolFC/videos/1165617320293737/?t=0
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #296: Dec 16, 2019 04:04:18 pm
      If he wins 19 does he get a statue??

He'll get a statue anyway. A re-incarnation of Mr Shankly. As down to earth as Uncle Bob, knows the game inside out , knows about the club history and is beloved by every Liverpool supporter. Thank you Jürgen for getting us back on our perch.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #297: Dec 16, 2019 04:22:28 pm

Saw this earlier a timely reminder these lads do so much for the local community but don't go around shouting about it. As for the kids jeez what can you say their bravery and attitude take your breath away very humbling indeed
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #298: Dec 17, 2019 12:10:57 pm
      just watched his press conference. this guy is so special in so many different ways. He was asked a question about human right and gay rights in Qatar and he was so smart in his answer.
      He really is the focal point of this club right now and what a job he does.

Quick Reply