Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 447378 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #414: Jan 22, 2020 05:15:43 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #415: Jan 22, 2020 05:43:07 pm
      Don't listen to Huyton Red, he's trying to act the big man online

I saw him in the Sandon after the derby, he had his trademark red jester hat on singing all the words to it while doing the sturridge dance on a table. Wondered what he was talking about when he mentioned 'Me2', I thought he was on about that Harvey Wienstein

Oooh the Sandon &  jester hat, low blow that!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #416: Jan 22, 2020 09:41:24 pm
      I'm glad Jürgen isn't one of those managers who gives all his secrets away on Monday Night Football.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #417: Jan 22, 2020 09:58:00 pm
      A win tomorrow will mean Jürgen has ensured we're safe from relegation for another season.

We'll go on to 67 points while Bournemouth and Watford can both only get to 65. And poor old Norwich are left with a maximum of 59 points.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #418: Jan 23, 2020 10:28:47 pm
      Tonight was Jürgen's 108th Premier League win, equaling the amount Gerard Houllier achieved (in sole charge) of our wonderful club.

Now this isn't a dig at Gerard because those who've been on the forum long enough will know I F***ing idolised that man but he managed us in 216 Premier League games and won 108 of them, Jürgen has managed us in 167 and got to same win total. The man is a winning machine.

Only Rafa, with 126 in 228, now has more Premier League wins as Liverpool manager than Klopp does.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #419: Jan 24, 2020 02:12:17 am
      Hi Shabs, Boston not la and Huyton Red,
      Firstly, we would like to congratulate you on your work and dedication for Liverpool FC.
      We appreciate that you have taken the time to listen to our song ''Liverpool FC, Heart to Heart Unity''.
      We do understand that is it not perfect and we agree with you that it is too long, but we have a short version, a Radio edit version in case you are interested.
      We understand that some may not like our song, while others like it or love it.
      If you like it or love it, please share it with friends.
      We would be honoured if fragments, a fragment and even a line from our song will be one day sung in the Kop by Liverpool FC fans, whichever part they choose.
      Thank you very much and best wishes to you and to all Liverpool FC fans all over the world, the fans of the best team in the world, that in 2020 will be Champions of England, of the best manager Klopp and club LFC!
      Yours sincerely, Me2
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mCxw9S2HI

Anyone in America remember those public access cable channels?

Not sure why, but for some reason I'm just reminded of them.  ;D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1640 
      Reply #420: Jan 24, 2020 07:49:11 pm
      If he wins us the league, where will he rank in terms of our managers?

Winning a European cup and ending a 30 year wait...on top of that, this is the first time in my lifetime that Liverpool haven’t been the team in with a punchers chance. We’re the best team on the planet and don’t mess around. Incredible and scary to think of what we could yet achieve!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #421: Jan 24, 2020 10:58:29 pm
      I'd say Klopp just pips Sir Kenny to second place but is still some ways behind Bob Paisley.

Bob Paisley managed us for 535 games, won 308 drew 131 and lost 96 games.

He won 6 league titles, 3 League Cups, 3 European Cups (2 back to back), 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Super Cup and 6 Charity Shields.

All that in just 9 years.

Even though Bob Paisley had the fortune of picking up and fine-tuning Shanks' well-oiled machine, and Klopp has had to rebuild virtually from zero (which for me is the reason Klopp just beats Sir Kenny to 2nd best ever), I think you have to concede that Klopp has a fair ways to go before he is called the best ever Liverpool manager.

But boy is headed in the right direction!
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2020 11:03:56 pm by Rush »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #422: Jan 25, 2020 12:25:55 pm
      I'd say Klopp just pips Sir Kenny to second place but is still some ways behind Bob Paisley.

Bob Paisley managed us for 535 games, won 308 drew 131 and lost 96 games.

He won 6 league titles, 3 League Cups, 3 European Cups (2 back to back), 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Super Cup and 6 Charity Shields.

All that in just 9 years.

Even though Bob Paisley had the fortune of picking up and fine-tuning Shanks' well-oiled machine, and Klopp has had to rebuild virtually from zero (which for me is the reason Klopp just beats Sir Kenny to 2nd best ever), I think you have to concede that Klopp has a fair ways to go before he is called the best ever Liverpool manager.

But boy is headed in the right direction!

Pipping Kenny to second place behind Paisley? So does that mean you've got Shanks as at least fourth?!?! ;D

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,909 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #423: Jan 25, 2020 01:37:43 pm
      I am going to enjoy every season here on out with this hero in charge, no matter where we finish in the following seasons I am going to appreciate his time here.

Because what he has done for this club deserves that type of loyalty and appreciation.

In Klopp We Trust.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #424: Jan 27, 2020 12:46:56 am
      Surely he’s not going to play the Aston Villa league cup team in the replay? If nothing else it would be completely unfair on them young players. The premier league is going to be done with 6-8 games to spare, play the kids in the league Jürgen, why throw away the fa cup?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #425: Jan 27, 2020 12:50:03 am
      Surely he’s not going to play the Aston Villa league cup team in the replay?

Point everyone's F***ing missing is they were away from home at Villa, what could that younger team do with Anfield behind them?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #426: Jan 27, 2020 12:53:18 am
      Point everyone's f**king missing is they were away from home at Villa, what could that younger team do with Anfield behind them?

They still took a hiding that some of them might not get over. Don’t understand why we wouldn’t play a similar team in the replay most of the senior players concerned need the game time. Fair enough if you take the likes of Mo and Bobby out the squad.
      Get the feeling he’s making a point that he’ll come down from
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #427: Jan 27, 2020 12:56:19 am
      Point everyone's f**king missing is they were away from home at Villa, what could that younger team do with Anfield behind them?

That was the main difference between Everton Cup match and today wasn't it, not being at Anfield?

But the team he chooses in the replay will be quite a bit weaker than the one picked vs. Everton, if I understand his intent.

But if it fits the grand plan and winning two bigger trophies, I guess that's the plan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #428: Jan 27, 2020 12:57:13 am
      They still took a hiding that some of them might not get over.

Well isn't this the test to find out?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #429: Jan 27, 2020 01:01:43 am
      It is a difficult one.  It is a winters break.  Our team has played the most amount of games we deserve the rest the most, we've played Charity shield, Super Cup,  CL and World Club Cup.  We deserve the break more than anyone.  He feels passionately about it someone needs to speak up and it seems he is going to lead the way.  Fair enough.  I feel he needs a break more than anyone.  I don't want him mental fatigue.   Recently someone said that he could leave early from his contract that might be a shot in the dark, but he needs to be looked after this is the best manager in the world. 

The Caraboa Cup was played within 24 hrs of another game.  I haven't read or heard anything that makes believe that they accept their mistake.  They just move as if nothing happened.   Someone needs to stand up to these people.   
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #430: Jan 27, 2020 02:21:41 am
      Klopp did say before that he wouldn't play the Carabao Cup a day before the CWC but changed his stance. I sincerely hope he comes down from this view point too.

The first XI and the 3 or 4 regular used subs by all means dont need to figure, but those on the fringes dont need to be twiddling their thumbs.

Klopp should really lead the team out, even if he comes out in jeans like Rafa used to when he wanted to make a point!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #431: Jan 27, 2020 09:06:59 am
      I’m with the Boss, every decision he has made has been for the better of the club and are in the positions we are in because of him..

💯 behind him.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #432: Jan 27, 2020 09:12:10 am
      I’m with the Boss, every decision he has made has been for the better of the club and are in the positions we are in because of him..

💯 behind him.
      Deffo,everything he has done has been for the greater good of the team,the club & the fans ,it’s all about the bigger picture for me.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #433: Jan 27, 2020 09:28:39 am
      Deffo,everything he has done has been for the greater good of the team,the club & the fans ,it’s all about the bigger picture for me.

Not everyone is like you though. Heard of doing every small thing well and you will automatically get a strong big picture? There are those fans (not you) who allow no room for failure. They don’t even respect the name Jürgen Klopp. They only respect wins. Lose and even Jürgen or the King will be out.

Klopp knows best. I’ll go with that any day.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #434: Jan 27, 2020 12:22:26 pm
      He can pick the side he wants of course but I really do think he should be there managing whoever we do end up picking.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 119 posts | 24 
      Reply #435: Jan 27, 2020 02:16:56 pm
      As of now, our starting 11 are set for the most part.  I would not consider any those for this match. Every other first team member would have the option. It would be their choice if they want to be involved or not.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,687 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #436: Jan 27, 2020 02:49:03 pm
      He can pick the side he wants of course but I really do think he should be there managing whoever we do end up picking.

I'm with you on this. He should have managed them himself even if he changes all the line-up. I think, he booked a holiday :)

I'm 100% after his decision to say to us because us fans pay a lot of money to see them play. We're 'warned'.

Quick Reply