Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 449470 times
      PastorGeek, IrishRed_IO, shabbadoo, hardcoresoldier and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #437: Jan 27, 2020 03:36:49 pm
      I’m with the Boss, every decision he has made has been for the better of the club and are in the positions we are in because of him..

💯 behind him.

Every decision?? Even signing Karius? ;-)  Look Jürgen is a superb manager but like everyone he is capable of mistakes. He has taken a very childish position on this, probably whilst still annoyed at the result, and I hope some pressure is being put on him to back down otherwise it will lead to some very justified criticism about arrogance and lack of respect.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #438: Jan 27, 2020 03:55:42 pm
      Every decision?? Even signing Karius? ;-)  Look Jürgen is a superb manager but like everyone he is capable of mistakes. He has taken a very childish position on this, probably whilst still annoyed at the result, and I hope some pressure is being put on him to back down otherwise it will lead to some very justified criticism about arrogance and lack of respect.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #439: Jan 27, 2020 03:57:11 pm

Teams promised a winter break and then there is a Cup game in the middle of it.
      Respect, yeah there's loads of it out there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #440: Jan 27, 2020 04:16:46 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #441: Jan 27, 2020 04:18:40 pm
      Teams promised a winter break and then there is a Cup game in the middle of it.
      Respect, yeah there's loads of it out there.

What's stopping the first team from having a Winter break? I'm talking about fringe players like Lovren, Matip, Origi, Minamino, Keita, Shaq etc. Why can't they play?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #442: Jan 27, 2020 04:23:10 pm

It’s not childish (that’s just your opinion) but he is taking a stand based on principle. The club was given no support when it came to the League Cup and no doubt he sees this debacle in much the same light.

The winter break was put in for two reasons I believe.

1. The managers wanted a break to enable done recovery time for the squad.

2. There has been a long-standing push to incorporate a break to benefit the England team in summer tournaments.

However, it seems that the FA and Premier have not worked together very well (or at all) on this and have completely overlooked the potential impact of FA Cup replays hence this mess.

My own opinion on this has softened a bit overnight. I’m hopeful that a few of the first team squad players put themselves forward to play in the game  but if they don’t I also understand where the manager is coming from.

This might be the final nail in the coffin for the FA Cup though. The competition has been on the wane for so many years and this will be a real kick in the teeth coming from the unbeaten league leaders:world and European champs.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #443: Jan 27, 2020 04:26:44 pm

the club are fully backing him, theres also the history with the FA in general to consider.
      The club have already take a stance with the FA about the Sun paper & england games playing at anfield. so proud of them for that.

The FA should never have arranged any games on these dates. how can they not agree stuff with the league.

Anyway. the main thing is were still top of the league by 16 points. :)

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #444: Jan 27, 2020 04:28:26 pm
      What's stopping the first team from having a Winter break? I'm talking about fringe players like Lovren, Matip, Origi, Minamino, Keita, Shaq etc. Why can't they play?

I would say for Lovren esp. yes !! he should be banging on the door, all I saw on his instagram from his time of from injury was holiday snaps from croatia. ;D
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #445: Jan 27, 2020 04:36:39 pm

We can only speculate but here’s a few thoughts:

- The manager doesn’t want one rule for some members of the squad and a different rule for others. That could well be a corner stone of the culture he has built at the club. I expect it is.

- Players may have been given the freedom to book time away with family (it concludes with half-term holidays) and he doesn’t want them to cancel those plans at short notice. Just because a player has been out injured and has missed time does not mean he is automatically excluded from the winter break. 

- following explicit instructions from the epl not to organise additional fixtures or trips abroad during the break he is feeling angry and aggrieved that the replays encroach upon the winter break and he believes this to wrong.   
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2020 04:44:19 pm by Scottbot »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #446: Jan 27, 2020 04:40:03 pm

- The manager doesn’t want one rule for some members of the squad and a different rule for others. That could well be a corner stone if the vulture he has built at the club. I expect it is.

- Players may have been given the freedom to book time away with family (it concludes with half-term holidays) and he doesn’t want them to cancel those plans at short notice. Just because a player has been out injured and has missed time does not mean he is automatically excluded from the winter break. 

- following explicit instructions from the epl not to organise additional fixtures or trips abroad during the break he is feeling angry and aggrieved that the replays encroach upon the winter break and he believes this to wrong.   

ALL TRUE.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #447: Jan 27, 2020 04:40:49 pm
      It’s not childish (that’s just your opinion) but he is taking a stand based on principle. The club was given no support when it came to the League Cup and no doubt he sees this debacle in much the same light.

The winter break was put in for two reasons I believe.

1. The managers wanted a break to enable done recovery time for the squad.

2. There has been a long-standing push to incorporate a break to benefit the England team in summer tournaments.

However, it seems that the FA and Premier have not worked together very well (or at all) on this and have completely overlooked the potential impact of FA Cup replays hence this mess.

My own opinion on this has softened a bit overnight. I’m hopeful that a few of the first team squad players put themselves forward to play in the game  but if they don’t I also understand where the manager is coming from.

This might be the final nail in the coffin for the FA Cup though. The competition has been on the wane for so many years and this will be a real kick in the teeth coming from the unbeaten league leaders:world and European champs.

I read a proposal from someone to scrap the League Cup and move the FA Cup dates to where the league Cup is now, scrapping replays and extra time, restoring a one-legged semifinal and play the final in late February. Teams in the Championship on down can play an EFL Trophy knockout in the spring if they want (you could even include the EPL teams not in Europe).

I think this would fit in better with the idea of a winter break for teams.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #448: Jan 27, 2020 04:43:23 pm

- The manager doesn’t want one rule for some members of the squad and a different rule for others. That could well be a corner stone if the vulture he has built at the club. I expect it is.

All good points.

From your earlier posts am I correct to think you would be OK with a player (Naby Keita for example) to ask if he can stay in training and be considered for the replay? I'm not expecting this from anyone but I like the idea of it at least being possible.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #449: Jan 27, 2020 04:47:21 pm

🖕🏼
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #450: Jan 27, 2020 04:48:00 pm
      All good points.

From your earlier posts am I correct to think you would be OK with a player (Naby Keita for example) to ask if he can stay in training and be considered for the replay? I'm not expecting this from anyone but I like the idea of it at least being possible.

I’m hoping this is what happens! We could deffo use a few senior players for the replay and if they ask to play of their own volition then I think we may just see a couple of them. I’m not sure though,klopp has been very clear in this from his post match presser so we’ll see. If I was Naby or Lallana or Lovren I’d be pushing to play but that’s just me. Time will tell.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #451: Jan 27, 2020 04:52:52 pm
      I’m hoping this is what happens! We could deffo use a few senior players for the replay and if they ask to play of their own volition then I think we may just see a couple of them. I’m not sure though,klopp has been very clear in this from his post match presser so we’ll see. If I was Naby or Lallana or Lovren I’d be pushing to play but that’s just me. Time will tell.

Yeah. Would love for Naby to say "Look, I don't need to go to Tenerife I need to play some football. I've had all the rest I could want and I don't mind training with the U23s, will be a total professional about it." Same with Shaq.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #452: Jan 27, 2020 04:57:56 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #453: Jan 27, 2020 04:59:27 pm

The Premier League told the clubs that they were to respect the winter break and no friendlies etc were to be played.
      Then The FA put the replays in the middle of the winter break.
      Klopp was instrumental in getting the break brought in.

Does it really have to be spelled out for you?
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2020 06:59:23 pm by racerx34, Reason: Quoted wrong poster »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #454: Jan 27, 2020 05:21:01 pm

Why should they, though? If the powers that be want to shoehorn FA Cup replays into when the agreed Winter break is, then I think they'd know the risks of what might happen there. Now to me, if they are doing that, they don't really give enough of a F**k about the competition which begs the question: if they don't give a F**k about it then why should Jürgen Klopp?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #455: Jan 27, 2020 05:39:30 pm
      I think there are some fringe players that should be in the picture may be they need to knock on the door and request for a game.   Minamino is top of the list as he has had a winter break.  The centre halves as they can be crucial and need game time.   But I can see Klopp forcing them to sit out.   He protects his players and he has a stance.  Lets see what happens.  I am with the boss whichever way he goes.  Someone needs to stop these lot from making pathetic decisions.   This season we deserve the break more than any other team.  One can't predict when one draws especially with our record.  It isn't a decisions he made at that moment he has talked about this for a couple of weeks.

The thing is it would be good for the young players and fringe players to get to the next round it is more opportunities for our rising startlets.  Even the replay isn't bad another game for the youngsters but it comes back to the pathetic timing again. 
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #456: Jan 27, 2020 06:12:41 pm
      Firmly on the what Klopp says goes side of the fence. Just think it’s only fair if they do play the kids that those of you that are going should get a heavily reduced fee.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #457: Jan 27, 2020 06:13:42 pm
      Why should they, though? If the powers that be want to shoehorn FA Cup replays into when the agreed Winter break is, then I think they'd know the risks of what might happen there. Now to me, if they are doing that, they don't really give enough of a f**k about the competition which begs the question: if they don't give a f**k about it then why should Jürgen Klopp?

Scrap the poxy energy drink cup and start the FA Cup earlier in the season. Then there is no excuse for this to happen again because when it gets to the 5th round and no replays, it will be earlier in the season. Think it’s only City that even take that daft competition seriously.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3416 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #458: Jan 27, 2020 06:42:30 pm
      Four major competitions have been around for years yet now suddenly it's all too much. The all consuming money making pl and CL consuming everything. All about money. Klopp knew that cup replays could and would be played during this period known as the winter break. Chuck in the fact that poor performances usually follow us having a longer than normal break. Don't want to make a huge drama out of this but klopp is wrong on this for me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #459: Jan 27, 2020 06:57:51 pm
      Why should they, though? If the powers that be want to shoehorn FA Cup replays into when the agreed Winter break is, then I think they'd know the risks of what might happen there. Now to me, if they are doing that, they don't really give enough of a f**k about the competition which begs the question: if they don't give a f**k about it then why should Jürgen Klopp?

Are you honestly asking why fringe players would want or need more game time?? These lads just back from injury do NOT need a F***ing holiday, they need some minutes to shake off the rust, why is this even a contentious point?

Quick Reply