Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430787 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #460: Jan 27, 2020 07:07:14 pm
      Are you honestly asking why fringe players would want or need more game time?? These lads just back from injury do NOT need a F***ing holiday, they need some minutes to shake off the rust, why is this even a contentious point?

End of the day as someone else pointed out to you Klopp can't go differentiating between the whole of the first team squad.

My question is why are you trying to turn it into a contentious point? Every match going red or former match going reds in work I've spoken to all agree with Klopp's actions. Generally in Liverpool no one's F***ing arsed!

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2020 07:15:42 pm by HUYTON RED »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #461: Jan 27, 2020 07:45:13 pm
      I got the wrong end of the stick earlier, I assumed that the winter break would include a few days away somewhere warm for a bit of R&R, anyhoo, my stance hasn’t changed and I am fully behind Jürgen ,

There exists instructions not to play any games during this break, from the EPL, but the Fookin eejits at the FA go ahead and pencil in replays during the “Winter Break”, that’s the crux, the FA, they don’t give a shiny sh*te about anyone bar themselves and least of all the fans, bums on seats is their mantra(money)

If the FA & EPL can’t be f***in arsed to bang their collective heads together and work with each other/ accommodate each of their particular competitions for the good of the game, the players the fans etc

Then why the F**k should LFC/Klopp accommodate them, I hope Jürgen stands his ground, Governing bodies should f***in listen to those who matter more than them now and then, for the good of the game instead of what profit they can get out of it.

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #462: Jan 27, 2020 07:59:38 pm
      What's stopping the first team from having a Winter break? I'm talking about fringe players like Lovren, Matip, Origi, Minamino, Keita, Shaq etc. Why can't they play?

I don’t see any fringe players in your list.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #463: Jan 27, 2020 08:10:36 pm
      Klopp's proper melting heads over this, Accrington's chairman's having a bi*ch fit now!!

Liverpool FA Cup selection: Accrington Stanley chairman hits out Jürgen Klopp's replay decision

Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has criticised Liverpool after Jürgen Klopp revealed he will play youngsters in the FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury.

Klopp announced his decision shortly after his side had been held to an unlikely 2-2 draw by the League One side on Sunday.

The German also revealed U23 coach Neil Critchley would take charge of the side, as he did for the Carabao Cup tie at Aston Villa in December which clashed with the Club World Cup in Qatar.

Klopp reasoned that his first-team squad would not get their scheduled winter break if they fielded a full-strength team for the Anfield replay.

Holt has taken issue with this and launched into a scathing tirade on social media: "Jürgen, LFC you're embarrassing yourself," he said on Twitter.

"You're tarnishing your reputation. Rethink where you go from here.

"You're killing the FA Cup. There's calls to kill the Carabao Cup. You're killing us.

"This is a battle The FA must win or their flagship competition is totally undermined.

"This is a battle the EFL must win, or they should shut up shop. LFC need censuring and fining heavily. It's not their football. It's ours.

"This path we're on, forever losing out to Premier League greed has to stop.

"It might have to be government or supporters that have to fight for our game in the end. In the absence of a strong FA or EFL there may be no other option.

"We have stadia sales, clubs suing each other, non-payment of wages, clubs going out of business after being kicked out.... Just how much more evidence is needed for the FA and EFL to see it's gone too far? FOOTBALL IS IN DISTRESS. Act for our pyramid or leave."

The FA insists it went to great lengths to create an annual mid-season player break, following criticism that the FA Cup fourth round replays are having to be played during it.

An FA spokesperson told Sky Sports News: "The FA went to great lengths to create an annual mid-season player break, working closely with the Premier League and its clubs.

"It is a new and significant addition to the English football calendar and is designed to benefit clubs and their players.

"To accommodate the annual mid-season player break, The FA rescheduled the Emirates FA Cup fifth round to midweek and removed fifth-round replays from the calendar. This allowed the Premier League room in its calendar to have a split round of fixtures over two weekends.

"Prior to the start of the 2019/20 season, all clubs accepted that Emirates FA Cup fourth-round replays, where required, would have to take place during the first week of the mid-season player break.

"This will only affect a small number of clubs due to the split of Premier League fixtures in the mid-season player break."

Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has defended Klopp's decision to rest his first-team squad for the replay against Shrewsbury, and labeled the FA's decision to organise the replay during the winter break as "ridiculous".

He said: "He's well within his rights to [rest his players]. That's why you have your first-team squad, reserve players and youth players," he said.

"This week is designed to allow the players to have and go away to recover so to then organise the replays then is ridiculous.

"So Jürgen is well within his rights to pick whatever team he wants to pick. If he's going to rest all of his players to benefit the club then he's well within his rights to do that."

Shrewsbury midfielder Dave Edwards admitted he was disappointed by Klopp's decision, but can also see the positive side.

"It is a bit disappointing," said Edwards. "Obviously the fans want to go there and see the best players in the world play and we'd like to play against them as well.

"On the flip side, it gives us a better chance of winning the game and Shrewsbury Town getting into the fifth round is the carrot and if we can do that it'll be incredible for this football club.

"I understand why they've done it. It's more the communication and when they've got it, knowing this would be an FA Cup replay date, to have the winter break then, it seems bizarre.

"I think it devalues the FA Cup a little bit as well. If that was going to be the case, this should've been a one-off game and extra-time and penalties.

"As much as we want to go up to Anfield, I would've much preferred to finish it off here than go there and not even have Jürgen Klopp on the touchline."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11919334/liverpool-fa-cup-selection-accrington-stanley-chairman-hits-out-Jürgen-klopps-replay-decision

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #464: Jan 27, 2020 08:17:06 pm
      Klopp's proper melting heads over this, Accrington's chairman's having a bi*ch fit now!!

Quite what it is to do with him, I have no idea. It’s time to up the drawbridge and get behind our incredible manager, whatever he decides. There are enough out there having a go at him, we back our own.

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #465: Jan 27, 2020 08:21:47 pm
      Klopp is doing what he feels is best for the team and for the club, others can moan about it as much as they want but I have full faith in Klopp's decision.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #466: Jan 27, 2020 09:06:44 pm

Liverpool FA Cup selection: Accrington Stanley chairman hits out Jürgen Klopp's replay decision

Who are they..? 😎
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #467: Jan 27, 2020 09:50:03 pm
      Someone that needs to cry about Klopp to get into the papers!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #468: Jan 27, 2020 10:22:43 pm
      End of the day as someone else pointed out to you Klopp can't go differentiating between the whole of the first team squad.

My question is why are you trying to turn it into a contentious point? Every match going red or former match going reds in work I've spoken to all agree with Klopp's actions. Generally in Liverpool no one's F***ing arsed!

Exactly.

Jürgen is spot on with this and it's only a big talking point because it's us and were boiling so much piss this season with how F***ing good we are.

Sad that many of our own seem to want to join in and stick the boot in as well.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #469: Jan 27, 2020 10:47:10 pm
      Makes me think the sort called doubles and triples and that are just not a thing of the present.  Unless you have 2 world class teams like City.   They are just so misorganized these associations.   FFS we've discussed the prestigious Champions League in the past about timing and scheduling.  The FA, Premier League don't care for someone to win it in this country.   Everyone has their own agenda and wants to make as much money as possible. 

You win the Champions League and then get an invitation to play in the world club cup at the expense of getting screwed by the Carabao Cup. Now the FA want to try and do us out a well deserve break.   FFS if we don't get it then no one deserves it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #470: Jan 27, 2020 11:07:47 pm
      I'm starting to change my mind on this a bit, F**k the fa cup, but I still think it would be a good opportunity for some of our senior players, who are returning from injury, to get some more minutes under their belt.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #471: Jan 27, 2020 11:32:33 pm

Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has criticised Liverpool after Jürgen Klopp revealed he will play youngsters in the FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury.

Klopp announced his decision shortly after his side had been held to an unlikely 2-2 draw by the League One side on Sunday.

The German also revealed U23 coach Neil Critchley would take charge of the side, as he did for the Carabao Cup tie at Aston Villa in December which clashed with the Club World Cup in Qatar.

Klopp reasoned that his first-team squad would not get their scheduled winter break if they fielded a full-strength team for the Anfield replay.

Holt has taken issue with this and launched into a scathing tirade on social media: "Jürgen, LFC you're embarrassing yourself," he said on Twitter.

"You're tarnishing your reputation. Rethink where you go from here.

"You're killing the FA Cup. There's calls to kill the Carabao Cup. You're killing us.

"This is a battle The FA must win or their flagship competition is totally undermined.

"This is a battle the EFL must win, or they should shut up shop. LFC need censuring and fining heavily. It's not their football. It's ours.

"This path we're on, forever losing out to Premier League greed has to stop.

"It might have to be government or supporters that have to fight for our game in the end. In the absence of a strong FA or EFL there may be no other option.

"We have stadia sales, clubs suing each other, non-payment of wages, clubs going out of business after being kicked out.... Just how much more evidence is needed for the FA and EFL to see it's gone too far? FOOTBALL IS IN DISTRESS. Act for our pyramid or leave."

The FA insists it went to great lengths to create an annual mid-season player break, following criticism that the FA Cup fourth round replays are having to be played during it.

An FA spokesperson told Sky Sports News: "The FA went to great lengths to create an annual mid-season player break, working closely with the Premier League and its clubs.

"It is a new and significant addition to the English football calendar and is designed to benefit clubs and their players.

"To accommodate the annual mid-season player break, The FA rescheduled the Emirates FA Cup fifth round to midweek and removed fifth-round replays from the calendar. This allowed the Premier League room in its calendar to have a split round of fixtures over two weekends.

"Prior to the start of the 2019/20 season, all clubs accepted that Emirates FA Cup fourth-round replays, where required, would have to take place during the first week of the mid-season player break.

"This will only affect a small number of clubs due to the split of Premier League fixtures in the mid-season player break."

Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has defended Klopp's decision to rest his first-team squad for the replay against Shrewsbury, and labeled the FA's decision to organise the replay during the winter break as "ridiculous".

He said: "He's well within his rights to [rest his players]. That's why you have your first-team squad, reserve players and youth players," he said.

"This week is designed to allow the players to have and go away to recover so to then organise the replays then is ridiculous.

"So Jürgen is well within his rights to pick whatever team he wants to pick. If he's going to rest all of his players to benefit the club then he's well within his rights to do that."

Shrewsbury midfielder Dave Edwards admitted he was disappointed by Klopp's decision, but can also see the positive side.

"It is a bit disappointing," said Edwards. "Obviously the fans want to go there and see the best players in the world play and we'd like to play against them as well.

"On the flip side, it gives us a better chance of winning the game and Shrewsbury Town getting into the fifth round is the carrot and if we can do that it'll be incredible for this football club.

"I understand why they've done it. It's more the communication and when they've got it, knowing this would be an FA Cup replay date, to have the winter break then, it seems bizarre.

"I think it devalues the FA Cup a little bit as well. If that was going to be the case, this should've been a one-off game and extra-time and penalties.

"As much as we want to go up to Anfield, I would've much preferred to finish it off here than go there and not even have Jürgen Klopp on the touchline."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11919334/liverpool-fa-cup-selection-accrington-stanley-chairman-hits-out-Jürgen-klopps-replay-decision

Had to be done,for those old enough.
      https://youtu.be/X6HWNzzR070
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #472: Jan 28, 2020 12:26:56 am
      I'm starting to change my mind on this a bit, f**k the fa cup, but I still think it would be a good opportunity for some of our senior players, who are returning from injury, to get some more minutes under their belt.

I read somewhere that the people in charge of the Carabao Cup said in hindsight they would do things different if it happened again.  I was like fuming they knew from May the situation was going to happen that is 7 months.  Now they expect our players to change plans of their holidays in 7 days.  I agree it would be a good opportunity for the squad players that need match time and even more so for the youngsters to play with senior players.  But someone needs to stand up to these people.  They take the absolute piss.   

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #473: Jan 28, 2020 11:17:44 am
      The FA screwed us twice over fixtures. Once during the club world and now the winter break. To criticise Jürgen for making a stand to give his players a break because of the FA's inefficiency is a total joke. First rub that sh*te off your eyes (not you reading this) before criticising Jürgen. He's doing what is best for Liverpool football club.

If he isn't your manager, fine. He's Liverpool's manager. Our manager.
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #474: Jan 28, 2020 11:40:06 am
      Fascinating that the owner of 17th place team of a 3rd tier league is so threatened by what kind of squad Klopp assembles in a sideshow tourney that Accrington Stanley was knocked out of in round 1.

Are these hamlet clubs that reliant on the trickle down of FA Cup revenue generated in large part by big club success?

« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2020 07:51:48 pm by Redrew »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #475: Jan 28, 2020 11:51:30 am
      I feel a bit like Chris Grayling but F**k it, I'm getting on message now and backing the bosses call.

He knows more than I!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #476: Jan 28, 2020 12:04:35 pm
      No question about it in my view, Jürgen is right. We've shot ourselves in the foot with the performance on Sunday but that's done now. I do understand the point of those complaining to an extent but they can only blame the FA and PL. We're just the victims of our own success, and have to adapt to the situation.

I get we don't want to differentiate between first teamers in the squad but if there are a few seniors who need game time or really push to play, I wouldn't be adverse to seeing them. Whatever Klopp goes for I'm fine backing it in the end.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #477: Jan 28, 2020 01:01:28 pm
      We owe the FA nothing they never lift a finger to help this club or its fans. The FA Cup has been dying since they scrapped the Cup Winners Cup the grounds now are half empty even Pep moaned about it.
      We have one goal this season to eradicate 30 years of having our noses rubbed in not winning the league or the EPL.
      The other way to look at it is do you support Jürgen or Danny Mills one of the biggest gobshites to pull on a pair of football boots.
      Jürgen is protecting his players its good enough for me.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #478: Jan 28, 2020 01:05:37 pm
      To be fair, if the biggest team in the country didn't win the league for 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if rival fans mocked them for it. Us not winning the league for that long is unusual - the next longest periods without a league title have been 23 and 17 years - but it seems that normal service is being resumed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #479: Jan 28, 2020 01:22:30 pm
      Love that Klopp is not afraid to make a point. And I'm thankful that the club lets him be the mouthpiece on this.

Klopp is 100% in the right on this.

He gets it and he gets the club. We are so blessed to have him.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #480: Jan 28, 2020 01:23:23 pm
      Jürgen yet again shows he's willing to cop criticism far and wide to protect his players, no wonder everyone is willing to run through a brick wall for him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #481: Jan 28, 2020 02:08:24 pm
      Never read so much sh*te online about 'disrespecting the Cup'.

I'm fully behind the boss on this one and I'd hope the more nonsense people read from opposing fans and ex players they will do the same.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #482: Jan 28, 2020 02:19:38 pm
      Never read so much sh*te online about 'disrespecting the Cup'.

I'm fully behind the boss on this one and I'd hope the more nonsense people read from opposing fans and ex players they will do the same.

My first thought on hearing him talk about it was "spot on gaffer".

We've got bigger fish to fry, and it's nothing to do with us that the FA got themselves in a muddle.
      Corrupt bunch of old farts and yes men anyway.
      F**k 'em.

Quick Reply