Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 442299 times
      higgy_sham, __Tickle__, Gill95, paulow63, AlwaysTheKop and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #483: Jan 28, 2020 02:27:40 pm
      Never read so much sh*te online about 'disrespecting the Cup'.

I'm fully behind the boss on this one and I'd hope the more nonsense people read from opposing fans and ex players they will do the same.
      I kinda agree, we do have much important worries than that, as long as we can take lower level teams with our kids than let them play until we get to later stages of the Cup, cause a treble would be lovely :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #484: Jan 28, 2020 02:56:44 pm
      The FA let Man Utd walk away from the Cup to play the Club World Cup in 99. They lost anyway.
      Liverpool win it despite the FA and now the club are asked to play during the winter break, which clubs were asked to respect.
      Some Liverpool fans believe this is Klopp's fault and not him being forced to highlight the utter nonsense of the FA fixture planning?
      Do yourselves a favour and take a step back. Stop drinking the tabloid juice.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #485: Jan 28, 2020 03:26:44 pm
      If you were given an allotted amount of time off to rest and recuperate then the same organisation said “O no you have to play a match in your allocated time “ you’d be pretty pissed off?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #486: Jan 28, 2020 03:38:16 pm
      Personally I can't see where Klopp has put a foot wrong. He's prioritised the League along with CL. Good as the first team is I honestly don't think he has a squad like City or indeed United when we did the treble that he could go for 3 or 4 trophies.

If anything he should be applauded for the way he's gone about things. He's already taken out Everton with his under 23s so Liverpool are more than capable of beating Shrewsbury next week.

I think he's  sacrificing the two minor comps so he can attemp to break a few records in the Premier League which I'd do same in his position given its been 30 years.

Your graced to have such a lovable manager, enjoy the ride whilst you fans can would be my advice.
      +10
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #487: Jan 28, 2020 03:51:30 pm
      Personally I can't see where Klopp has put a foot wrong. He's prioritised the League along with CL. Good as the first team is I honestly don't think he has a squad like City or indeed United when we did the treble that he could go for 3 or 4 trophies.

If anything he should be applauded for the way he's gone about things. He's already taken out Everton with his under 23s so Liverpool are more than capable of beating Shrewsbury next week.

I think he's  sacrificing the two minor comps so he can attemp to break a few records in the Premier League which I'd do same in his position given its been 30 years.

Your graced to have such a lovable manager, enjoy the ride whilst you fans can would be my advice.

Nice post, Keith. Fully agree with your sentiments.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #488: Jan 28, 2020 04:34:29 pm

f***in Hell Keith, did you have a w*nk before you typed that ?   ;D

I think your slowly morphing into being a proper ‘Red’,  not holding my puff tho,

Good post mate, although I disagree about us not having a large enough squad to battle on three fronts,  I’m sure you understand but Klopp’s stand is based on principle and not because our squad couldn’t handle 3 X competition’s + replays, as you quite rightly pointed out our young guns assassination of N-everton is proof that we are more than capable and will despatch the Shrews similarly.

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #489: Jan 28, 2020 04:49:45 pm

F**kin Hell Keith, did you have a w*nk before you typed that ?   ;D

I think your slowly morphing into being a proper ‘Red’,  not holding my puff tho,

Good post mate, although I disagree about us not having a large enough squad to battle on three fronts,  I’m sure you understand but Klopp’s stand is based on principle and not because our squad couldn’t handle 3 X competition’s + replays, as you quite rightly pointed out our young guns assassination of N-everton is proof that we are more than capable and will despatch the Shrews similarly.

YNWA

Must of had a hot flush that made me Scouse  red!!! For a second Billy  ;D Said many times of always like Klopp so much as I'd like to dislike him coz he's a Scouse red I simple can't.  ;D

If your squad was strong enough he wouldn't be playing under 23s really. You only have to look at the current City squad as I don't think any team can match them for quality in numbers. Still, your in a wonderful position so can't see many of you lads moaning.  ;D

Don't think I've ever backed Livepool in my life but pending price and knowing your playing the young pretenders could well be a spot of value for a juicy bet. Could I ever forgive myself for backing you fuckers though.   :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #490: Jan 28, 2020 05:37:55 pm
      Must of had a hot flush that made me Scouse  red!!! For a second Billy  ;D Said many times of always like Klopp so much as I'd like to dislike him coz he's a Scouse red I simple can't.  ;D

If your squad was strong enough he wouldn't be playing under 23s really. You only have to look at the current City squad as I don't think any team can match them for quality in numbers. Still, your in a wonderful position so can't see many of you lads moaning.  ;D

Don't think I've ever backed Livepool in my life but pending price and knowing your playing the young pretenders could well be a spot of value for a juicy bet. Could I ever forgive myself for backing you fuckers though.   :D

Go for it Keith, you know it makes sense, earn yourself some extra dollar, courtesy of the proper Reds.

Mines a Guinness 😝

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #491: Jan 28, 2020 06:27:15 pm

Nah Keith, he's playing the U-23's because he's told the senior squad to F**k off for a week, then report back for training.

It's not a training camp or warm weather camp, it's literally all the first team regular squad going off on a jolly.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #492: Jan 28, 2020 07:11:21 pm
      What I want to see as long as we’re talking about U23s and lower division clubs, is for the biggest Premier League clubs to field teams in Leagues One, Two and the Conference National, similar to what is done in Germany. I think Jürgen has advocated for this before, when he was initially reluctant to loan players out.

This would be a massive upgrade to the competition level our best young players receive in the Premier League 2.  It would avoid us having to loan players out to various smaller sides and hope that the players get match time (I know we include playing time requirements on these loans but just this month we have had to recall three or four young players from their loans for not playing enough).
      In Germany there are I believe 12 clubs that choose to make the investment of fielding a 2nd team. There may be more but if so, they play beneath the fifth tier. Most of the 12 II teams are in the 4th division (regional leagues) and the highest they can go is the third tier (currently only Bayern Munich II are there). Absorbing that many new “teams” would require Conference National to split into two divisions (two of 18 teams each) the way level 6 does for Conference North and Conference South.
      I’m not entirely sure how the transfer rules work between the parent club and the lower tier team. AS I understand it the U23 players can move up to the senior team if needed, but the senior players cannot move back and forth so freely. Of course the clubs could come up with whatever rules that suit them.

The biggest thing is that the players would stay at the club, still have the same training, facilities, medical and nutritional programs, etc.

I know some of the smaller provincial clubs would object to this just outright, but you probably would have the bigger clubs or the Premier League pay something to the other clubs for the privilege of competing against their first team professionals year-round.  In Germany by the way, those II teams do not play in the national Cup (just saying).

To me, as long as we are talking about moving into the 21st century with scrapping Cup replays and having a winter break, etc., we should keep moving in that direction and really provide a proper competitive format for the players we are supposedly trying to develop.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #493: Jan 28, 2020 07:17:26 pm
      Nah Keith, he's playing the U-23's because he's told the senior squad to f**k off for a week, then report back for training.

It's not a training camp or warm weather camp, it's literally all the first team regular squad going off on a jolly.

They deserve it anyway Swabs
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #494: Jan 28, 2020 08:27:07 pm
      that tw*t of a man Simon Jordan saying Jürgen will be off when a better offer comes his way. I f***in hate that opinionated cretin and even more so that pathetic Talksport. 
      Do people on here that disagree with Klopp realise who they are aligned with???  All the scum of the footballing world using the situation to get there name mentioned f***in pathetic.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #495: Jan 28, 2020 08:27:27 pm
      I read somewhere that the people in charge of the Carabao Cup said in hindsight they would do things different if it happened again.  I was like fuming they knew from May the situation was going to happen that is 7 months.  Now they expect our players to change plans of their holidays in 7 days.  I agree it would be a good opportunity for the squad players that need match time and even more so for the youngsters to play with senior players.  But someone needs to stand up to these people.  They take the absolute piss.   

And don't forget that that as soon as The FA get the games to their beloved Wembley they give each club playing about 20k tickets each and give the other 50k to a gang of F***ing toffs or whatever.

The 'magic of the cup' is a long and distant memory to them then, isn't it?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #496: Jan 28, 2020 09:26:38 pm
      And don't forget that that as soon as The FA get the games to their beloved Wembley they give each club playing about 20k tickets each and give the other 50k to a gang of f**king toffs or whatever.

The 'magic of the cup' is a long and distant memory to them then, isn't it?

Just look at the managers who have won the Cup then been sacked even Kenny was sacked after he reached a final it is no longer an accomplishment to win it. The FA have destroyed it with their desire to pay off Wembley Stadium by cramming as many games in as possible. Go back to neutral semi final grounds and give each club 40k for the final and make it financially worth it
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #497: Jan 28, 2020 10:31:55 pm
      Just look at the managers who have won the Cup then been sacked even Kenny was sacked after he reached a final it is no longer an accomplishment to win it. The FA have destroyed it with their desire to pay off Wembley Stadium by cramming as many games in as possible. Go back to neutral semi final grounds and give each club 40k for the final and make it financially worth it

Second that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #498: Jan 29, 2020 09:14:29 am
      Its true, FA Cup is now way down pecking order.

And as noted above neutral ground for semi final was way better.

Its the same in scotland, the have semi finals at hampden, its half empty most times. I went with Motherwell couple of years ago, we took a good crowd, but we can never get anywhere near celtic or rangers for crowds, so why not have it at a smaller ground that we both can fill.

They make teams from Aberdeen & Edinburgh come to glasgow for a 12pm KO or something. fuk me the fans have to leave home at like 6am or something, and no chance of getting to a pub before game. they dont care about match going fans, only getting more games on TV.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #499: Jan 29, 2020 10:13:11 am
      there seems to be an assumption that we will get beat in the replay when we win a lot of people are going to have to eat a large slice of humble pie. Anfield is a lot different for these lads to play than Villa Park.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #500: Jan 29, 2020 10:21:07 am
      there seems to be an assumption that we will get beat in the replay when we win a lot of people are going to have to eat a large slice of humble pie. Anfield is a lot different for these lads to play than Villa Park.

Quite right Walt. I can see us winning, we have some cracking players in the u23s.

Some winners in there too, FA youth cup last year. :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #501: Jan 29, 2020 10:48:18 am
      Quite right Walt. I can see us winning, we have some cracking players in the u23s.

Some winners in there too, FA youth cup last year. :)

look how well the young lads did against Everton a full house at Anfield is a huge boost for them to show just what they have to offer.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #502: Jan 29, 2020 10:58:41 am
      Quote from what-a-hit-son
      And don't forget that that as soon as The FA get the games to their beloved Wembley they give each club playing about 20k tickets each and give the other 50k to a gang of F***ing toffs or whatever.

It was never any different. The football family was, and is more important to the FA than the football fan.

There was no need for the replay. If they don't need it from the next round, they don't need it in this round either, even more so with the winter break issue. They knew about this chestnut 18 months ago, plenty of time to do something about it. Instead they did nothing, so apparently it's our fault for taking a stand because they refuse to budge an inch with their schedule. This is the second time we've been discommoded in less than 2 months, and after 4 years of trying to reason with them without any success, Jürgen has finally said enough is enough.

Even if there was a need for replays, the next round is 6 WEEKS AWAY, plenty of time to fit replays in. It could have been this week, it could have been the end of next month. It doesn't have to be next week or not at all. So Jürgen isn't disrespecting the cup by not showing up, he would do so as normal if it was not during the winter break. To him, the break is sacrosanct. So the naysayers are talking about either something that's none of their business or pointing the finger of blame in the wrong direction.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #503: Jan 29, 2020 11:51:51 am
      look how well the young lads did against Everton a full house at Anfield is a huge boost for them to show just what they have to offer.

It's a great opportunity for them, but understand how different the team will be than the one vs. Everton.
      (players who won't be involved and who will come in - best guess - in italics)

vs. Everton
      Adrian, Williams, Gomez, Phillips, Milner, Chirivella, Lallana, Jones, Elliott, Minamino, Origi
      Subs: Larouci (Played 84 minutes), Ox, Brewster)

vs. Shrewsbury
      Kelleher, Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg, Larouci, Chrivella, Adam Lewis, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Elliott, Joe Hardie, Jones

It's the right thing for Jürgen to do, and the team is capable of beating Shrewsbury at Anfield, but don't underestimate how much taller a task this will be given the lineup changes between the two games.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #504: Jan 29, 2020 12:00:41 pm

100%   :scarf:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #505: Jan 29, 2020 12:03:33 pm
      It's a great opportunity for them, but understand how different the team will be than the one vs. Everton.
      (players who won't be involved and who will come in - best guess - in italics)

vs. Everton
      Adrian, Williams, Gomez, Phillips, Milner, Chirivella, Lallana, Jones, Elliott, Minamino, Origi
      Subs: Larouci (Played 84 minutes), Ox, Brewster)

vs. Shrewsbury
      Kelleher, Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg, Larouci, Chrivella, Adam Lewis, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Elliott, Joe Hardie, Jones

It's the right thing for Jürgen to do, and the team is capable of beating Shrewsbury at Anfield, but don't underestimate how much taller a task this will be given the lineup changes between the two games.

true, but at least 8 or 9 of those lads have 1st team experience now, and train with 1st team every day.

Quick Reply