Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430490 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #506: Jan 29, 2020 12:10:40 pm
      Just seen the ticket prices for the FA Cup game are £15.

Seems quite high for a youth game, does it not?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #507: Jan 29, 2020 12:25:47 pm

;D   Think they reduced them quite a lot. Im sure I seen kids tickets only £8 or £9 ?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #508: Jan 29, 2020 12:28:50 pm
      ;D   Think they reduced them quite a lot. Im sure I seen kids tickets only £8 or £9 ?

Yeah, I posted this in another thread -

@JamesPearceLFC
      Good to see #LFC cutting ticket prices for FA Cup fourth round replay v Shrewsbury Town. Smart move.
      £15 for adults
      £5 for young adults
      £1 for kids

@JamesPearceLFC
      ·
      3h
      Replying to
      @JamesPearceLFC
      Decision made after discussions with both Shrewsbury Town and supporters groups.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #509: Jan 29, 2020 12:33:03 pm

Cost me £3 to watch the u23s at Anfield a few months ago - Should have been a tenner tops IMO
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #510: Jan 29, 2020 01:06:49 pm
      Cost me £3 to watch the u23s at Anfield a few months ago - Should have been a tenner tops IMO

local schools could have been given tickets in one section its still going to be a sell out and on TV no doubt .
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #511: Jan 29, 2020 01:18:13 pm
      local schools could have been given tickets in one section its still going to be a sell out and on TV no doubt .

It'll be a sellout in terms of tickets sold but there'll be thousands of empty seats. People will be buying just to have the credit on their account for future sales
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #512: Jan 29, 2020 01:21:39 pm
      Yeah, I posted this in another thread -

Good stuff. wish I was local for that game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #513: Jan 29, 2020 01:29:21 pm
      It'll be a sellout in terms of tickets sold but there'll be thousands of empty seats. People will be buying just to have the credit on their account for future sales

Hope not those who take a ticket and don't show should be penalised. I think this is what Pep was pissed of about the attendance figures did not relate to the people in the ground the same with UTD too.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #514: Jan 29, 2020 02:48:31 pm
      Hope not those who take a ticket and don't show should be penalised. I think this is what Pep was pissed of about the attendance figures did not relate to the people in the ground the same with UTD too.
      What, people do that? I mean why would you buy a ticket in the first place if you are not going to show up, no matter what game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #515: Jan 29, 2020 02:50:07 pm

Is there not a legal platform of some type where ticket-buyers not planning to attend can give or sell at face value to people who want to attend?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #516: Jan 29, 2020 03:14:15 pm
      Is there not a legal platform of some type where ticket-buyers not planning to attend can give or sell at face value to people who want to attend?

There is a return option where tickets can be refunded and then the club sell them back to members in additional sales but I think it's only for league games.

The problem with Tuesday's game is the majority of seats will be Auto Cup seats (this is like a season ticket for cup competitions, you opt in at the start of the season and get the same seat guaranteed for each home game in the cup) With the FA Cup being played usually on Saturday / Sunday a lot of supporters who live outside the city would have opted in knowing they'll be able to travel down on weekends. Now with the replay being scheduled on a Tuesday night a lot won't be able to make it, and those that can probably won't fancy the drive to watch the u23s managed by the u23 manager. But they also can't opt out as it'll cancel their seat for subsequent rounds if we get through and also push them down the priority list for getting on the scheme next season, as it's based on loyalty/previous games attended
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #517: Jan 29, 2020 03:27:46 pm
      There is a return option where tickets can be refunded and then the club sell them back to members in additional sales but I think it's only for league games.

The problem with Tuesday's game is the majority of seats will be Auto Cup seats (this is like a season ticket for cup competitions, you opt in at the start of the season and get the same seat guaranteed for each home game in the cup) With the FA Cup being played usually on Saturday / Sunday a lot of supporters who live outside the city would have opted in knowing they'll be able to travel down on weekends. Now with the replay being scheduled on a Tuesday night a lot won't be able to make it, and those that can probably won't fancy the drive to watch the u23s managed by the u23 manager. But they also can't opt out as it'll cancel their seat for subsequent rounds if we get through and also push them down the priority list for getting on the scheme next season, as it's based on loyalty/previous games attended

Thanks for explaining in detail. I would think in the age of computers/Internet that (at least for replays) an autocup participant could indicate online his/her inability to be at the game, not be penalized but make that ticket available at least at a stadium ticket window, right up until kickoff.

I know this is me speaking as an American where there is no stigma about fans walking up to a stadium without tickets, or fear about duplicate/counterfeit tickets. It may be that the instance of replays is not common enough to make it worth the club's while in setting something like this up. Still, it seems woeful if there are thousands of empty seats when there are many more than that, even on Merseyside, who would love to attend the game.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #518: Jan 29, 2020 03:34:46 pm
      Thanks for explaining in detail. I would think in the age of computers/Internet that (at least for replays) an autocup participant could indicate online his/her inability to be at the game, not be penalized but make that ticket available at least at a stadium ticket window, right up until kickoff.

I know this is me speaking as an American where there is no stigma about fans walking up to a stadium without tickets, or fear about duplicate/counterfeit tickets. It may be that the instance of replays is not common enough to make it worth the club's while in setting something like this up. Still, it seems woeful if there are thousands of empty seats when there are many more than that, even on Merseyside, who would love to attend the game.

Yep that's it, I think the club should have offered people on the scheme some sort of one off opt-out for the fixture due to the circumstances. That way you'd have had a lot / if not all of those empty seats being taken up
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #519: Jan 29, 2020 03:55:53 pm
      Apparently the replay won’t be televised.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #520: Jan 29, 2020 09:56:57 pm
      What I want to see as long as we’re talking about U23s and lower division clubs, is for the biggest Premier League clubs to field teams in Leagues One, Two and the Conference National, similar to what is done in Germany. I think Jürgen has advocated for this before, when he was initially reluctant to loan players out.

This would be a massive upgrade to the competition level our best young players receive in the Premier League 2.  It would avoid us having to loan players out to various smaller sides and hope that the players get match time (I know we include playing time requirements on these loans but just this month we have had to recall three or four young players from their loans for not playing enough).
      In Germany there are I believe 12 clubs that choose to make the investment of fielding a 2nd team. There may be more but if so, they play beneath the fifth tier. Most of the 12 II teams are in the 4th division (regional leagues) and the highest they can go is the third tier (currently only Bayern Munich II are there). Absorbing that many new “teams” would require Conference National to split into two divisions (two of 18 teams each) the way level 6 does for Conference North and Conference South.
      I’m not entirely sure how the transfer rules work between the parent club and the lower tier team. AS I understand it the U23 players can move up to the senior team if needed, but the senior players cannot move back and forth so freely. Of course the clubs could come up with whatever rules that suit them.

The biggest thing is that the players would stay at the club, still have the same training, facilities, medical and nutritional programs, etc.

I know some of the smaller provincial clubs would object to this just outright, but you probably would have the bigger clubs or the Premier League pay something to the other clubs for the privilege of competing against their first team professionals year-round.  In Germany by the way, those II teams do not play in the national Cup (just saying).

To me, as long as we are talking about moving into the 21st century with scrapping Cup replays and having a winter break, etc., we should keep moving in that direction and really provide a proper competitive format for the players we are supposedly trying to develop.

Totally agree.  It has been discussed before on this forum and in general.  But it never gets the green light.   It is the most natural way of developing players under one vision.   The thing is it would even help the national team too. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #521: Jan 29, 2020 10:11:00 pm
      just love his interviews and the guy from LFC TV seems to always ask decent questions rather than obvious ones. I think Jürgen like us can smell it but like us is loathe to do anything to jinx it. We owe this man and his staff so much
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #522: Jan 30, 2020 09:30:20 am
      Imagine doubting the fella!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #523: Jan 30, 2020 10:30:26 am
      Made us believe.
      Made us European Champions.
      Made us Club World Champions.

On route to make us Premier League Champions.

Envy of the football world & all down to one mans vision, commitment.

Thank you.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #524: Jan 30, 2020 10:50:55 am
      Last night was Jürgen's 152nd win as Liverpool manager in his 247th game in charge. That's one more victory than Brendan Rodgers and Graeme Souness managed between them in 323 games as Liverpool manager.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #525: Jan 30, 2020 10:52:05 am
      His post match interviews are unique . He speaks directly to the interviewer and explains his view of what happened in the game the media must really enjoy working with him more than some others who are just so F***ing miserable
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #526: Jan 30, 2020 10:54:33 am
      Last night was Jürgen's 152nd win as Liverpool manager in his 247th game in charge. That's one more victory than Brendan Rodgers and Graeme Souness managed between them in 323 games as Liverpool manager.

Wow! Amazing! And to think he didn't walk into the job with a ready made team or one he wanted. Makes that even more brilliant!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #527: Jan 30, 2020 11:02:45 am
      that tw*t of a man Simon Jordan saying Jürgen will be off when a better offer comes his way. I f***in hate that opinionated cretin and even more so that pathetic Talksport. 
      Do people on here that disagree with Klopp realise who they are aligned with???  All the scum of the footballing world using the situation to get there name mentioned f***in pathetic.

Was talking absolute sh*te as well. Said that Klopp "left Dortmund for Liverpool" which he never. He announced in April 2015 that he would be leaving Dortmund at the end of that season, he then took the Liverpool job after Rodgers was sacked in October 2015. I think Liverpool would have been in negotiations with him for maybe a month or two before but he certainly didn't leave Dortmund to join us.

But even then - if he were to leave for a "better offer". Who is better than Liverpool at this present moment? Absolutely nobody. So that's a non-starter already
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #528: Jan 30, 2020 12:42:15 pm
      His post match interviews are unique . He speaks directly to the interviewer and explains his view of what happened in the game the media must really enjoy working with him more than some others who are just so f**king miserable

Pep sounds as if he's got a permanant cold and is about to cough and splutter all over the place. He always looks as if he's about to yawn.He should be buzzing, whatever we think of the clubs, Manchester is a great footballing City and he should feel privileged to be involved.

Quick Reply