Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430718 times
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #552: Feb 05, 2020 10:11:36 am
      Jürgen's middle name is Norbert which means shining from the north or shines like the seas.

He's certainly been a shining example to all us REDS, and I honestly don't know anybody who doesn't like him, we are absolutely blessed to have him as our Manager.

We're winning a lot of trophies with him around and I'm sure his successor will be well picked too! ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #553: Feb 05, 2020 03:20:02 pm
      Jürgen's middle name is Norbert which means shining from the north or shines like the seas.

He's certainly been a shining example to all us REDS, and I honestly don't know anybody who doesn't like him, we are absolutely blessed to have him as our Manager.

Actually KS, there are SOME people who don't like him. All the mediocrity-peddlers who have been making a living in English football despite having no new ideas for 50 years. Klopp has well and upset their apple carts and they just don't know what to do about it, like their whole world is crumbling as he keeps challenging the system and earning success with a different way.

But Amen to the blessing and shining example part. There are at least some who are trying to emulate rather than throw shade (which of course is hard to do when his team and even the youth players are winning everything in sight!). In the end I think his impact won't be measured just on all the success achieved at Liverpool, but in changes for the better in English footballing culture.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #554: Feb 05, 2020 10:16:01 pm
      Actually KS, there are SOME people who don't like him. All the mediocrity-peddlers who have been making a living in English football despite having no new ideas for 50 years. Klopp has well and upset their apple carts and they just don't know what to do about it, like their whole world is crumbling as he keeps challenging the system and earning success with a different way.

But Amen to the blessing and shining example part. There are at least some who are trying to emulate rather than throw shade (which of course is hard to do when his team and even the youth players are winning everything in sight!). In the end I think his impact won't be measured just on all the success achieved at Liverpool, but in changes for the better in English footballing culture.

I'm sure there's quite a few people who can't stand him actually, I just don't know anybody personally who doesn't like him.
      He's a winner and that's just one of the reasons why people won't like him....jealousy.
      I remember Emlyn Hughes once saying, that people didn't like Liverpool (I'm talking back in the day now) when we were winning everything going, and when you talk about winners, you talk about Liverpool Football Club, people will always be jealous of others success I'm afraid.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #555: Feb 07, 2020 12:25:48 pm
      Jürgen voted manager of the month for January, his 5th such award this season and already a record. Let’s talk about six baby.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #556: Feb 07, 2020 04:33:35 pm
      Just looking at Shearer having a pop at Jürgen and I suddenly remembered his management CV lists one job relegating Newcastle.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #557: Feb 07, 2020 06:14:32 pm
      Just looking at Shearer having a pop at Jürgen and I suddenly remembered his management CV lists one job relegating Newcastle.

What is he complaining about now? Too many wins?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #558: Feb 07, 2020 06:32:55 pm

they still cant accept this was Neil's team not Jürgen's and that it showed tremendous respect to Critchley in letting him get on with his job,
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #559: Feb 07, 2020 06:33:19 pm

Who cares? Shearer is an irrelevance! ;D
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #560: Feb 07, 2020 06:35:05 pm
      Jürgen voted manager of the month for January, his 5th such award this season and already a record. Let’s talk about six baby.

He's got a few of those -

Premier League Manager of the Month: September 2016, December 2018, March 2019, August 2019, September 2019, November 2019, December 2019, January 2020

I fully expect him to double his total MotM awards.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #561: Feb 07, 2020 06:35:57 pm
      wherever he is I bet he has got his bags packed desperate to get back to Melwood and the lads.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #562: Feb 11, 2020 04:15:58 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #563: Feb 11, 2020 05:43:16 pm
      Halfway expect Jürgen to be a little more fierce than usual in training this week to guard against whatever letdown the inevitability of our winning the league brings. 

Even as a fan I try to remember to enjoy the experience as it happens rather than leap forward in the schedule, I know the players are hearing all about it from everybody, but Jürgen will have them focused and not counting anything before anything.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #564: Feb 11, 2020 09:35:39 pm
      F**k me what a week to come back the weather is Biblical I have never known this level of wind over so many days. The weekend is better so hopefully the lads can use the indoor facilities.
      CINERE KOPITES
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 196 posts | 29 
      • CINEREDS est. 2017
      Reply #565: Feb 13, 2020 09:50:52 am

God bless Jürgen Klopp !
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #566: Feb 13, 2020 11:54:25 am
      f**k me what a week to come back the weather is Biblical I have never known this level of wind over so many days. The weekend is better so hopefully the lads can use the indoor facilities.
      I came back Sunday from 3 days in Sunny Venice for my birthday, into the eye of the storm! 

Turbulent flight which culminated in most passengers applauding with relief after we'd landed in Bristol, followed by safety warnings when going down the steps from the plane, ending up getting absolutely soaked in a torrential downpour in the 2 minute from the terminal to the car park!!

Welcome home!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #567: Feb 13, 2020 12:00:35 pm
      I came back Sunday from 3 days in Sunny Venice for my birthday, into the eye of the storm! 

Turbulent flight which culminated in most passengers applauding with relief after we'd landed in Bristol, followed by safety warnings when going down the steps from the plane, ending up getting absolutely soaked in a torrential downpour in the 2 minute from the terminal to the car park!!

Welcome home!!!

watched a few landings at Heathrow and it didn't look comfortable to say the least nice to get back on to the ground though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #568: Feb 14, 2020 04:49:26 pm
      These quotes from Andy Lonergan are about the team, but I think they point back to Klopp's work in recruitment and development, the way he has built this kind of environment. Just brilliant.

“I don’t want to say just being among this group is enough because if I don’t train well I am disappointed and I want the next day to come around so I can put that right,” Lonergan, formerly of clubs including Preston North End and Leeds United, told The Times.

“A ‘well done’ from the lads, a ‘you’re on fire today’ shout… that’s the reward for me. That’s the reward.

“It could be from Mo or Millie [James Milner]. That is another motivation because if you are on their team, say Millie, Hendo [Jordan Henderson] or Virgil [van Dijk], you don’t want to let them down. You have to perform because they are not shy of giving you a rollocking.

“That is just the standard. If Mo gives the ball away, they are going to be onto Mo. That is why they are doing as well as they are. The standards are ridiculous.

“You get people and players at clubs who say: ‘See him, he’s not a trainer, he doesn’t fancy it, he just plays on a Saturday.’ Well, here, if you don’t train, you don’t play. Simple.

“The professionalism is unbelievable. I have been guilty in the past of thinking: ‘They’ve got it easy those Premier League boys. They are not playing every midweek, they have the best travel etc.’

“But the schedule is absolutely relentless and add to that the training is never less than 100 per cent. The training pitch is where they make the Saturday easier. It is like the boxer who says hard work is the camp, the enjoyment is the fight. It is the same here.

“My friends will say: ‘Who is not the best person? Who is this or who is that?’ I mean this: it is the most honest, down-to-earth squad that I have ever been in. People might find that hard to believe, but they are such genuine, good lads. There is just one goal for all of them.

“We win on Saturday and on Sunday morning we have a five-minute meeting in the dressing room and the gaffer is like, ‘next game.’ That is what it has been like all season. Win the next game.

The title has never been mentioned, never been mentioned at all, we just focus on winning. Some of the lads wouldn’t know how many games we have played and the points total.”
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #569: Feb 15, 2020 10:50:01 pm
      He’s all class our Jürgen he’s comments on the City ban are not befitting of their vile support.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #570: Feb 15, 2020 11:10:17 pm
      He’s all class our Jürgen he’s comments on the City ban are not befitting of their vile support.

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp on the Manchester City European football ban: "It was a shock. Complete wow. The only thing I can say is about football. What they have done on the football pitch is exceptional. The rest, I don't know. You believe the people you work with, that's how it is.

"I really feel for them, Pep [Guardiola] and the players, but that is how it is. They can appeal so we will see what happens then. It is obviously serious. But the football they played was exceptional and will always be exceptional."

He's far classier than Pep ever could be! ;D
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #571: Feb 15, 2020 11:15:33 pm
      Also, today was his 250th match in charge of us!

250 games
      155 wins
      54 draws
      41 defeats
      520 goals
      245 conceded

Hopefully he has another 250 matches at least!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #573: Feb 20, 2020 05:34:10 pm
      I think Jürgen knows this is a very tough tie, and this is his message to both them and our fans. It might still be reasonably early in the tournament, but we need to have the place rocking.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #574: Feb 20, 2020 06:00:57 pm

Quick Reply