Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430798 times
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2019/20 Edition
      Reply #575: Feb 21, 2020 08:21:22 am
      The sheer class of the man.  :)

Schoolboy Man Utd fan's special letter from Klopp

A young Manchester United fan who made a bid to stop Liverpool winning the title has been left shocked after Jürgen Klopp sent him a personal reply.

Daragh Curley, from County Donegal, wrote to the Liverpool boss for a school assignment.

The 10-year-old asked if it would be possible for Liverpool to lose some games so they would not win the league.

Klopp wrote back, praising Daragh's passion, but explaining Liverpool could not drop points on his behalf.

Daragh's dad Gordon told BBC News NI that while most of his classmates were writing fan letters, Daragh instead decided to write a letter of complaint to the Liverpool boss.

In the letter, the Glenswilly National School pupil wrote: "Liverpool are winning too many games. If you win nine more games then you have the best unbeaten run in English football. Being a United fan that is very sad.

"So the next time Liverpool play, please make them lose. You should just let the other team score. I hope I have convinced you to not win the league or any other match ever again."

Mr Curley said he was shocked when a reply came.

"My wife Tricia was up in the local post office/shop and she was told that there was a registered letter there for Daragh Curley," he said.

"She was wondering who would be sending Daragh a registered letter, but when she mentioned it to Daragh he said 'oh it's Jürgen Klopp'.

"And it actually was Jürgen Klopp."

Klopp's Liverpool are on course to win the Premier League and have not lost a league fixture so far this season.

In his letter to Daragh, he said: "Unfortunately, on this occasion I cannot grant your request, not through choice anyway.

"As much as you want Liverpool to lose it is my job to do everything that I can to help Liverpool to win as there are millions of people around the world who want that to happen, so I really do not want to let them down."

"Luckily for you, we have lost games in the past and we will lose games in the future because that is football.

"The problem is when you are 10 years old you think that things will always be as they are now but if there is one thing I can tell you as 52 years old it is that this most definitely isn't the case."

He added that Manchester United were lucky to have Daragh as a fan and praised his passion for football and for his club.

Mr Curley said that Klopp "seems to be an awful, awful decent individual".

"I would be a Man Utd fan myself, it's grating that Liverpool are doing so well, but behind it all you have to respect Klopp and what he's done," Mr Curley said.

"He came across as a nice guy all along, I suppose this letter really confirms to me that he is a decent, decent guy.

"What I love about the letter is that it's about sportsmanship and respect too and I think saying that to a 10-year-old is great."

However, Mr Curley said his admiration for Klopp would not cause either himself or Daragh to switch their allegiances.

"There's reinforcement techniques ongoing just to ensure that there's no swaying from the Man Utd mandate," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-51580401

« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2020 08:41:16 am by JD »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #576: Feb 21, 2020 10:06:11 am
      The sheer class of the man.  :)

Schoolboy Man Utd fan's special letter from Klopp

A young Manchester United fan who made a bid to stop Liverpool winning the title has been left shocked after Jürgen Klopp sent him a personal reply.

Daragh Curley, from County Donegal, wrote to the Liverpool boss for a school assignment.

The 10-year-old asked if it would be possible for Liverpool to lose some games so they would not win the league.

Klopp wrote back, praising Daragh's passion, but explaining Liverpool could not drop points on his behalf.

Daragh's dad Gordon told BBC News NI that while most of his classmates were writing fan letters, Daragh instead decided to write a letter of complaint to the Liverpool boss.

In the letter, the Glenswilly National School pupil wrote: "Liverpool are winning too many games. If you win nine more games then you have the best unbeaten run in English football. Being a United fan that is very sad.

"So the next time Liverpool play, please make them lose. You should just let the other team score. I hope I have convinced you to not win the league or any other match ever again."

Mr Curley said he was shocked when a reply came.

"My wife Tricia was up in the local post office/shop and she was told that there was a registered letter there for Daragh Curley," he said.

"She was wondering who would be sending Daragh a registered letter, but when she mentioned it to Daragh he said 'oh it's Jürgen Klopp'.

"And it actually was Jürgen Klopp."

Klopp's Liverpool are on course to win the Premier League and have not lost a league fixture so far this season.

In his letter to Daragh, he said: "Unfortunately, on this occasion I cannot grant your request, not through choice anyway.

"As much as you want Liverpool to lose it is my job to do everything that I can to help Liverpool to win as there are millions of people around the world who want that to happen, so I really do not want to let them down."

"Luckily for you, we have lost games in the past and we will lose games in the future because that is football.

"The problem is when you are 10 years old you think that things will always be as they are now but if there is one thing I can tell you as 52 years old it is that this most definitely isn't the case."

He added that Manchester United were lucky to have Daragh as a fan and praised his passion for football and for his club.

Mr Curley said that Klopp "seems to be an awful, awful decent individual".

"I would be a Man Utd fan myself, it's grating that Liverpool are doing so well, but behind it all you have to respect Klopp and what he's done," Mr Curley said.

"He came across as a nice guy all along, I suppose this letter really confirms to me that he is a decent, decent guy.

"What I love about the letter is that it's about sportsmanship and respect too and I think saying that to a 10-year-old is great."

However, Mr Curley said his admiration for Klopp would not cause either himself or Daragh to switch their allegiances.

"There's reinforcement techniques ongoing just to ensure that there's no swaying from the Man Utd mandate," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-51580401

I love him. He signed the extension and i got sad that it’s only four more seasons.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #577: Feb 21, 2020 10:23:23 am
      Akin to one of Shankly's letters, written on his famous typewriter
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #578: Feb 21, 2020 10:24:19 am
      'Just let the other team score'

Love it!
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #579: Feb 21, 2020 10:49:37 am
      ...wee Man Utd w**ker.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #580: Feb 21, 2020 04:08:39 pm
      I think Jürgen knows this is a very tough tie, and this is his message to both them and our fans. It might still be reasonably early in the tournament, but we need to have the place rocking.

Tournament for us will be reasonably over if we don't turn it around.

(but we will)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #581: Feb 24, 2020 10:38:04 pm
      When we win the Title and we then become the best team on the planet having conquered the EPL, the CL and the WCC Jürgen deserves to be acknowledged and if they can give that c**t Geldof some form of knight hood then they can give Jürgen one too. They ignored Bob Paisley by far the greatest manager in the English game so they can make amends with Sir Jürgen he would be chuffed with that
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #582: Feb 25, 2020 11:20:25 am
      When we win the Title and we then become the best team on the planet having conquered the EPL, the CL and the WCC Jürgen deserves to be acknowledged and if they can give that c**t Geldof some form of knight hood then they can give Jürgen one too. They ignored Bob Paisley by far the greatest manager in the English game so they can make amends with Sir Jürgen he would be chuffed with that

He would only be able to get an honorary knighthood (same as Geldof) because he isn't a British citizen, but would he even want one?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #583: Feb 25, 2020 02:32:34 pm
      One game from equalling Roy Evans' record of number of Premier League games in sole charge of the club. That would leave just Houllier and Benitez ahead of him on that front.

One goal from equalling Benitez' record of most goals scored under a Liverpool manager in the Premier League.

And despite being our, soon-to-be, third most experienced Premier League manager in terms of games and our, soon-to-be, most attacking manager in terms of goals, he has still lost fewer Premier League games than any other Liverpool manager apart from Roy Hodgson who was only in charge of as many Premier League games for us as Klopp has lost in his first 171 games - 20 and Dalglish who lost 19 games of his 56 in charge. So in an extra 120 games (give or take) Klopp has lost only one more than The King did.

Maybe a fairer assessment would be to look at Kenny when he managed us in the 80s and created arguably our greatest ever side. 224 League games in charge and a mere 32 defeats. One defeat every 7 games, Jürgen is currently one defeat in every 8.5 League games.

It really highlights how good a job this man is doing. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #584: Feb 25, 2020 03:00:12 pm
       Jürgen is currently one defeat in every 8.5 League games.

And he inherited a pretty ordinary side as well. Had a lot of building to do for two seasons.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #585: Mar 01, 2020 11:53:31 am
      As Klopp alluded, it’s time for us to play football, he’s going to unleash the lads.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #586: Mar 01, 2020 04:25:23 pm
      As Klopp alluded, it’s time for us to play football, he’s going to unleash the lads.

Joe Fagan's phrase "easy-osey" invoked here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/01/liverpool-in-danger-of-going-easy-osey-with-title-in-their-grasp
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #587: Mar 01, 2020 06:55:12 pm

Yup, been a poor run since he wrote that cursed letter 😂
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #588: Mar 04, 2020 08:49:17 am
      We’re in a slump no hiding from it. Wouldn’t want any other manager in the world pulling us out of it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #589: Mar 05, 2020 12:53:18 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #590: Mar 05, 2020 03:52:41 am
      Akin to one of Shankly's letters, written on his famous typewriter

You need to start the Bournemouth pre-match thread. I did it for Watford and Chelsea and we lost both. You started it for West Ham and we won, so fulfill your duty!  :)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #591: Mar 05, 2020 10:52:36 am
      You need to start the Bournemouth pre-match thread. I did it for Watford and Chelsea and we lost both. You started it for West Ham and we won, so fulfill your duty!  :)

Will knock it up in a bit - worried about losing my perfect record though!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #592: Mar 05, 2020 11:07:42 am

that's a terrible admission how can you sleep at night.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #593: Mar 05, 2020 11:26:41 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #594: Mar 05, 2020 11:45:57 am
      Will knock it up in a bit - worried about losing my perfect record though!

Who did the prematch threads before the winter break can we have them do it again please :-)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #595: Mar 05, 2020 01:08:56 pm

What I love about Jürgen amongst many other things is he doesn't talk just for the sake of it. He engages with the media like no other manager does.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #596: Mar 05, 2020 02:46:13 pm
      What I love about Jürgen amongst many other things is he doesn't talk just for the sake of it. He engages with the media like no other manager does.

I agree with you, he's a class act, we are very lucky to have him as our manager.

Now then, how can you twist this into an attack on me ;-)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #597: Mar 07, 2020 04:34:25 pm

Quick Reply