Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430874 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1403: Feb 20, 2021 08:42:56 pm
      Keep on keeping on boss. Free pass this year from me. Achieved our dreams.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1404: Feb 20, 2021 09:40:40 pm
      Keep on keeping on boss. Free pass this year from me. Achieved our dreams.

Free pass for years for me. Does anyone honestly think we could find someone better suited to the club?

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1405: Feb 20, 2021 09:49:22 pm
      Big challenge for Jürgen now. Does even he have the hunger and desire to build another winning team?

Alot has happened to him in recent weeks. Enough to take a toll on anyone. To be able to stand tall shows his strength but I fear all this is taking a toll and will lead to him walking away.

Whilst I believe alot of the problems are of his own making, the players are letting him down bigtime also.

We won't be in the cl next year. Fsg will tell him to sell to buy. As world European and prem champs the purse strings were tightened ... imagine what this summer will be like. Last summer he gambled and sold a centre back to fund a left back.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1406: Feb 20, 2021 09:52:28 pm
      Free pass for years for me. Does anyone honestly think we could find someone better suited to the club?

Fella took us from mid table to world champions in under four years. He'll get through this bump in the road no problem!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1407: Feb 20, 2021 10:30:09 pm

Only if we can bring people back from the dead
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1408: Feb 20, 2021 10:36:34 pm

I actually think most managers could probably achieve our recent run of results!

In all seriousness my patience is starting to run out a bit, yes we have injuries but even so our recent form is utter crap and it's simply not good enough. The scary thing is that I can't see it changing, if anything we are getting worse!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1409: Feb 20, 2021 10:52:00 pm
      I actually think most managers could probably achieve our recent run of results!

In all seriousness my patience is starting to run out a bit, yes we have injuries but even so our recent form is utter crap and it's simply not good enough. The scary thing is that I can't see it changing, if anything we are getting worse!

Not you again..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1410: Feb 20, 2021 11:02:15 pm
      The day this man leaves us will be the same as the day Shanks left, but theres no Bob waiting in the wings
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1411: Feb 20, 2021 11:31:22 pm
      Needs to stop being so loyal and drop the likes of Bobby move away from the 433.

Needs must sometimes.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #1412: Feb 20, 2021 11:47:19 pm
      Needs to stop being so loyal and drop the likes of Bobby move away from the 433.

Needs must sometimes.

Thought that many times since the dip in form, but I'm not a world class manager
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1413: Feb 20, 2021 11:49:51 pm
      Crazy circumstances. Front 3 needs freshening, when he can.

The boss. Our boss.

If those fucktard vultures circling could realise that when the engine is bust you sure as sh*t don't get rid of the pilot then that'd be great.

Its not about you being butt hurt. Its about Liverpool FC.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1414: Feb 21, 2021 01:17:00 am
      The whole club has some work to do to turn results around but there is not point in getting worked up about it. We have had fairly successful run of late and so some misfortune and burnout is expected. Especially in a time where COVID has disrupted everything. City went through similar thing last year with the centre of there defence and injuries and burnout. I really am looking forward to Jota coming back. I hope we can just settle on Kabak and Phillips at the back and get Fabinho and Hendo back in midfield when possible. I would rather rotate through the midfield with 3 of Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Jones, Gini, Keita, Milner and Ox and keep it fresh in there. Let Kabak and Phillips build a partnership. Maybe give Tsimikas and Neco Williams a run or put Milner in at full back to keep it fresh. We really need Jota though so we can rotate up front.
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #1415: Feb 21, 2021 08:04:00 am
      I'm as unhappy as the next fan with the recent run of results however the he'll turn it around.

Carry on Boss, still no one I would rather have in charge. You've brought the good old days back before, I know you'll do it again before the sad day comes when you decide to move on.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1416: Feb 21, 2021 08:24:19 am
      The day this man leaves us will be the same as the day Shanks left, but theres no Bob waiting in the wings

Pep Ljinders is no Bob Paisley but he knows the players and knows how to get the best from them, when they are all fit and healthy, this is all hypothetical because Jürgen is our manager and is the best manager around, so when he has all of his players back fit and healthy all this talk of him walking, getting sacked, etc, will pale into insignificance.

DON’T FEED THE TROLLS. ! !

Y  N  W  A
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1417: Feb 21, 2021 09:50:42 am
      I would never claim to know better than Jürgen,  and I dont see how players preform in training, but i struggle to see why Nat Phillips cant get a game. I've yet to see him put in a bad performance when he has played.
      Looks likely now thay he'll get some game time until Fabinho comes back at least.
      To be fair to Jürgen, I used to moan about Shaq not getting any game time, and he has hardly set us on fire since he's gotten games.
      Doesn't look like we're going to see both Hendo as and Fabinho together in Midfield this season which is a travesty, but I've never heard of a team having such an injury ravaged season.
      No manager could cope with losing so many key players, but there's no doubt Jürgen can win us the title next season with a fully fit team.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1418: Feb 21, 2021 09:51:25 am
      I would like to see him try something a bit different to see if it sparks something.

Go 4 4 2 with Trent and Mane our wide players Shaq in a 10  with Mo through the middle as a 9

Or 3 5 2 Trent and Robbo wing backs Fab and Keita your 2 middle men Shaq or Thiago behind Mo and Mane.

Might as well try something
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1419: Feb 21, 2021 10:20:48 am
      Any stats or omens we can look at for this years champions league..?

I think with what’s gone on in the league our success will be in Europe..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1420: Feb 21, 2021 10:27:01 am

I predict we get 5th in the league, Everton 4th and we win the European cup so they end up in Europa league!!
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #1421: Feb 21, 2021 10:27:35 am

Have we ever had a situation before where a little Portuguese fella came back after injury and breathed life in to a struggling front 3 low on confidence? 
      If we have, I'll take it  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1422: Feb 21, 2021 10:52:48 am
      Have we ever had a situation before where a little Portuguese fella came back after injury and breathed life in to a struggling front 3 low on confidence? 
      If we have, I'll take it  ;)

No but the Europeans haven't got on yet how to stifle our game like their English counterparts have!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1423: Feb 21, 2021 11:03:58 am
      Read somewhere that the longest CB partnership we've been able to put together this season is 2.5 games.

Every team would struggle with these kind of issues.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1424: Feb 21, 2021 11:15:28 am
      Read somewhere that the longest CB partnership we've been able to put together this season is 2.5 games.

Some of our own doing changing centre-backs to play both Hendo and Fab together when we didn't have to. Either way another reason why season has been a complete shitshow.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1425: Feb 21, 2021 11:26:32 am

We could just stick it out with the same CB pairing?

We could have opted to leave the midfield as is and simply blood the young guns and give them consistent starts to help build their confidence.

Quick Reply