Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430695 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1472: Feb 22, 2021 04:44:12 pm
      this just shows what a mental season it his has been for injuries. Its nuts. Even the guys brought in to cover people got Injured ffs what chance we got.

Yes, but why are there so many more injuries than other teams, it's not all down to bad luck.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1473: Feb 22, 2021 04:48:30 pm
      Its the constant changing though, particularly at the back.

How many times have the same 11 taken to the field in a row I wonder?

Fair point but that is down to Jürgen not trusting players like Nat, which I honestly can't understand.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1474: Feb 22, 2021 04:51:54 pm
      I disagree about most exciting football, I think that was Brendan's team, that was simply awesome as an attacking force, unfortunately with a sh*t defence.

I agree there has been strong headwind this season, but even so we should be better, and playing exactly the same people with exactly the same tactics and formation is not impressive or the solution.

Oh, no way in hell. Some of our counters are of things made in heaven. We have slowed down our tempo to be more pragmatic vs balls out the way we used to, but i think the 2017-2018 season (when we went to CL finals & Salah's first year here) was the most exhilarating football we have seen in a very long time. The rabid press and speed of the counter was otherworldly and still is.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1475: Feb 22, 2021 04:55:21 pm
      Fair point but that is down to Jürgen not trusting players like Nat, which I honestly can't understand.

Agree. Klopp deserves a ton of credit and his job is nowhere near in danger, but some of his moves have been puzzling. Phillips as you mention, Taki suddenly getting binned after Palace and Ox / Kostas not getting any starts despite having the need to rotate are the most puzzling to me.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1476: Feb 22, 2021 08:57:07 pm
      I'm curious about the Minamino argument some have been throwing around. So he's been with us for a year and every time he played he didn't impress (at least most people on this forum).

Yet he has a good game against Palace in a 7-0 win (hard not to look great) and all of a sudden he becomes the banging drums of the "Klopp doesn't know what he's doing" and "we could've used Taki in that game but Klopp loaned him!".

Good player, promising, but needs playing time to adapt to the league because he's not good enough to displace any of the front 3 even with Bobby in abysmal form. Even after his loan, he could (emphasis on "could") very well turn out to be a mid-table club type of player. This was very apparent before he got loaned but some people like to say things with the absolute benefit of hindsight and still get it wrong
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1477: Feb 22, 2021 08:58:54 pm
      Why don’t we change the dynamics a bit ?seen as everything’s a bit sh*t at the moment and play on the counter attack ? .
      Stop with all this possession and press (which isn’t working)and try something different.
      I was watching a recording of when Rogers was manager Liverpool v Everton 2014 4-0 to the red men (obviously),and it was fascinating to watch how we just let Everton have the ball and come onto us then just smashed them bang bang bang on the break brilliant stuff.
      Just got me thinking why don’t we just give it a go I’m sure it would freak the opposition out and with the pace on offer from the flanks and front three.
      Worth a pop ???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1478: Feb 22, 2021 09:07:16 pm
      Oh, no way in hell. Some of our counters are of things made in heaven. We have slowed down our tempo to be more pragmatic vs balls out the way we used to, but i think the 2017-2018 season (when we went to CL finals & Salah's first year here) was the most exhilarating football we have seen in a very long time. The rabid press and speed of the counter was otherworldly and still is.

Yes I agree 2017/18 was good and we've been getting slower and slower since then but I still maintain that the attacking trio of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling in 2013/14, backed up by Coutinho and Stevie G was the best I've ever seen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1479: Feb 22, 2021 09:09:09 pm
      I'm curious about the Minamino argument some have been throwing around. So he's been with us for a year and every time he played he didn't impress (at least most people on this forum).

Yet he has a good game against Palace in a 7-0 win (hard not to look great) and all of a sudden he becomes the banging drums of the "Klopp doesn't know what he's doing" and "we could've used Taki in that game but Klopp loaned him!".

Good player, promising, but needs playing time to adapt to the league because he's not good enough to displace any of the front 3 even with Bobby in abysmal form. Even after his loan, he could (emphasis on "could") very well turn out to be a mid-table club type of player. This was very apparent before he got loaned but some people like to say things with the absolute benefit of hindsight and still get it wrong

and as soon as he gets playing time at Southampton he starts scoring regularly, so why did Klopp not give him any games, especially with a very ineffectual attacking line up this season, in particular Bobby.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1480: Feb 22, 2021 09:10:20 pm
      Why don’t we change the dynamics a bit ?seen as everything’s a bit sh*t at the moment and play on the counter attack ? .
      Stop with all this possession and press (which isn’t working)and try something different.
      I was watching a recording of when Rogers was manager Liverpool v Everton 2014 4-0 to the red men (obviously),and it was fascinating to watch how we just let Everton have the ball and come onto us then just smashed them bang bang bang on the break brilliant stuff.
      Just got me thinking why don’t we just give it a go I’m sure it would freak the opposition out and with the pace on offer from the flanks and front three.
      Worth a pop ???

This, agree 100% and its what I've been saying for a while now, we need to switch things up, go back to Heavy metal, what the hell do we have to lose at this point?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1481: Feb 22, 2021 09:35:26 pm
      Its the constant changing though, particularly at the back.

How many times have the same 11 taken to the field in a row I wonder?

I'm not arguing that injuries haven't made a huge difference, just that the two players out for the season (three really since Matip is hurt again), those in particular, have made a huge impact on everything else. The other injuries you will have to some degree every season. You are right about the lineup being in constant flux.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1482: Feb 22, 2021 09:39:12 pm
      Yes I agree 2017/18 was good and we've been getting slower and slower since then but I still maintain that the attacking trio of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling in 2013/14, backed up by Coutinho and Stevie G was the best I've ever seen.

Clearly never saw John Barnes going past players like they weren’t there. Most skilful player we’ve EVER had in my eyes. A pure joy to watch.

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #1483: Feb 22, 2021 10:02:44 pm
      Read all this but still on board, we have a great team in my eyes, and bad injuries all over the shop.   And dont get me going about var.  Because of all this crap,  was bound to happen, we could not keep the pressure up.   My disappiontment is that we could not remedy straight away.  Nearly every player has been injured this season in one way or another.   We were up against  this peeps.   Maybe champs lge, lets see
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1484: Feb 23, 2021 12:55:49 am
      and as soon as he gets playing time at Southampton he starts scoring regularly, so why did Klopp not give him any games, especially with a very ineffectual attacking line up this season, in particular Bobby.
      I didn't watch the Southampton games but he did score two goals. However, we did watch him for a year and I couldn't say I was impressed with his display on more than 2 or 3 occasions at most.

I'm not saying he is bad and I do hope he will come back and be ready to help us but if you are the manager there's nothing better you can do than give him games wether off the bench or as a starter. The latter is hard to provide regularly because you want your best lineup most of the time. He got the games and did not show enough in them. If Klopp does not play Minamino then he's wrong for doing so and if he does a couple of games on the trot and we still lose (and not score) then its going to be ''why is he not fielding our best front 3 when we are in dire need of goals and points''

Some of the criticizing, and more importantly the criticizers, are just deprived of any common sense and will say contradictory things from one game to another and adjust what they say to fit whatever happened recently.

The loan was the correct decision. Change things up, get minutes, adapt to the league, etc and come back with more confidence and an ability to reproduce that form with us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1485: Feb 23, 2021 10:46:45 am

Your winding me up again Heimy, swear you do it on purpose, why is it you always look at the negative, so he has lost four at home on the bounce , but before that he’d went f***in 64 unbeaten, but you don’t f***in mention that do ye ?
      You wanted a reaction congratulations you got one, so form now on I’m going to address you as ‘F**k off Heimy’  because that’s my first reaction to your wumming posts !

So until your next post ‘F**k Off

Y  N  W  A

Amazed he hasn't been fu**ed off altogether by the mods.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1486: Feb 24, 2021 10:18:01 pm
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1487: Feb 26, 2021 02:19:57 pm

Thanks Shabs, that made the hairs on my neck stand up  ;D wonderful
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1488: Feb 26, 2021 02:30:22 pm
      The mirror seem to be doing a lot of sh*t stiring around the boss.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1489: Feb 26, 2021 04:48:26 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1490: Feb 26, 2021 06:39:34 pm
      Clearly never saw John Barnes going past players like they weren’t there. Most skilful player we’ve EVER had in my eyes. A pure joy to watch.

Slightly before my time, but yes he was superb as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1491: Feb 26, 2021 06:41:25 pm
      Amazed he hasn't been fu**ed off altogether by the mods.

Amazed you haven't started a petition troll.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1492: Feb 26, 2021 06:43:38 pm
      Slightly before my time, but yes he was superb as well.

You missed out, trust me...

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1493: Feb 26, 2021 06:46:12 pm

I caught the end of Rush's time, I remember him scoring a screamer into the top corner on the first match I saw, against Oldham I think.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1494: Feb 26, 2021 06:53:27 pm
      I caught the end of Rush's time, I remember him scoring a screamer into the top corner on the first match I saw, against Oldham I think.

Rushie was an amazing striker without doubt. Kenny overall probably our best ever player. But the skill of John Barnes was other worldly. He literally went past players with deceptive speed and balance as if they weren’t there.

Quick Reply