Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 450450 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1587: Mar 08, 2021 02:07:28 pm

100%. Jürgen is not without blame, but it mainly goes to the dogs who are currently posing as Liverpool players. There isn't a single player anywhere near his normal level and they should be ashamed of themselves and to make excuses for them is pathetic. "we lost our best defenders, how can you expect our millionaire forwards to score goals?" just embarrassing to read, really.                                                                                                                                               

The players are of course also to blame, but I'm sorry to say the buck stops at the manager, always has, always will.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1588: Mar 08, 2021 02:12:12 pm
      The players are of course also to blame, but I'm sorry to say the buck stops at the manager, always has, always will.

You can blame Jürgen for team selection or tactics if you want and you would not be wrong, but at the end of the day he cannot play for them and whichever 11 are playing that day, it is their responsibility to perform. He cannot be blamed for Trent costing us goals with some brutal defensive play, or Alisson costing us goals by foolishly passing to the other team, or Salah sleeping yesterday and losing the ball that cost us the goal. The list goes on and on and on with terrible individual errors in our end and missed chances in the other.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1589: Mar 08, 2021 02:18:11 pm
      I think people are looking too much into things. We have too many injuries. We are spineless but in a footballing sense rather than a mentality issue.

Yes we could pick up a few more points than we are doing but nothing that's going to get us anywhere in terms of top 4.

Too many injuries, too few options in the squad. I will only start panicking if our players come back and results stay similar.

If we miss out this season on all European football that makes us a dangerous side next season and I'd guess the bookies will have us as 2nd favs.

Everything from now until the end of the campaign is character building stuff and can be used as fuel next year for a title challenge.

I genuinely believe this has been an extreme season and my biggest worry now is getting some of the deadwood we have accrued in the last 18 months off the books and to create a squad more robust.

Even without a high net spend theres a few who can go to make way for arrivals who will actually add to the squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1590: Mar 08, 2021 02:25:39 pm
      You can blame Jürgen for team selection or tactics if you want and you would not be wrong, but at the end of the day he cannot play for them and whichever 11 are playing that day, it is their responsibility to perform. He cannot be blamed for Trent costing us goals with some brutal defensive play, or Alisson costing us goals by foolishly passing to the other team, or Salah sleeping yesterday and losing the ball that cost us the goal. The list goes on and on and on with terrible individual errors in our end and missed chances in the other.

So why do we have those individual errors at  the moment, why so many sub par performances. If that is not the responsibility of the manager then what is a managers responsibility, what is he being paid £15m a year for?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1591: Mar 08, 2021 02:29:50 pm
      I think people are looking too much into things. We have too many injuries. We are spineless but in a footballing sense rather than a mentality issue.

Yes we could pick up a few more points than we are doing but nothing that's going to get us anywhere in terms of top 4.

Too many injuries, too few options in the squad. I will only start panicking if our players come back and results stay similar.

If we miss out this season on all European football that makes us a dangerous side next season and I'd guess the bookies will have us as 2nd favs.

Everything from now until the end of the campaign is character building stuff and can be used as fuel next year for a title challenge.

I genuinely believe this has been an extreme season and my biggest worry now is getting some of the deadwood we have accrued in the last 18 months off the books and to create a squad more robust.

Even without a high net spend theres a few who can go to make way for arrivals who will actually add to the squad.

Too many injuries in attack, midfield, ah you mean the two CB's plus some niggling muscle injuries to other players.  People have to stop using these excuses. Yes we have had injuries which can be used to justify us not defending the league, but it can't be used as an excuse for how we are playing against teams fighting relegation, who have been outplaying us in terms of motivation, drive, hunger and skill.

Despite our injuries we should still comfortably be in the Top4, not fighting it out with Spurs, Aston Villa, West Ham etc for a Europa league place!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #1592: Mar 08, 2021 02:46:25 pm
      I haven't looked in to the exact figures but I'd imagine one of the extensive posters this morning is on a lot of people's ignore lists.

Empty vessels do indeed make the most noise.

Vast majority of Liverpool supporters are full square behind Klopp.

I can't quantify the respective effects on Liverpool's season due to injuries, empty stadiums, players forced into different positions, reluctance of owners to get involved in the January transfer market, poor managerial selection decisions, fans back to stadiums and then back out at the end of December.

Anybody who says they can accurately pinpoint which of these is majorly at fault is bullshitting.

I simply can't take seriously anybody suggesting we part ways with the man who made us European Champions, World Champions and Premier League champions within the space of about 10 months.  It's not a remotely rational way of looking at things.  Some people like to watch the world burn.

rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1593: Mar 08, 2021 03:11:44 pm
      I haven't looked in to the exact figures but I'd imagine one of the extensive posters this morning is on a lot of people's ignore lists.

I can't quantify the respective effects on Liverpool's season due to injuries, empty stadiums, players forced into different positions, reluctance of owners to get involved in the January transfer market, poor managerial selection decisions, fans back to stadiums and then back out at the end of December.

Anybody who says they can accurately pinpoint which of these is majorly at fault is bullshitting.

I simply can't take seriously anybody suggesting we part ways with the man who made us European Champions, World Champions and Premier League champions within the space of about 10 months.  It's not a remotely rational way of looking at things.  Some people like to watch the world burn.

Did you get that last Sentence from Michael Caine in the Dark Knight?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1594: Mar 08, 2021 03:23:13 pm
      Disagree.

Jürgen has persisted with the same players over and over even if they’re painfully out of form.  Thats his style of management where he builds relationships and trust with his players, but if they aren’t performing then how long does it take to drop them?

Bobby is the best example. He should have been hooked from the side a long time ago, yet he plays week after week.

The last dozen or so games have almost been identical. We see a lot of the ball but we create next to nothing. Thats Jurgens job to change system or tactics to find a way to win. Yet we deploy the same tactics every week and keep getting the same outcome.

It’s also on klopp to make decisions mid game too. Some of his decisions of late have been baffling. More recently subbing salah when we were losing against Chelsea. Bizarre.

When you’re in a rut like we are then you throw everything out the window and start again. Go back to basics. First thing is you make yourselves hard to beat. Concentrate solely on not losing the game. If that means we have to change systems or play much more defensively then so be it. Clean sheets and taking points builds confidence and it’s something to build on. 

The point being, Jürgen is also part of this current mess and it’s not just on the players or the owners. A coach of his standard I would expect him to handle this situation much better in truth. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to come out with ludicrous shouts like he needs to leave like some other idiots have. He has earned plenty of time to sort this mess out. I’m talking years if necessary and there’s some dick heads wanting him out after two months.

Going to be great when we win the league next season. I’d say I’d quote a few people in here and embarrass them but I’ll be too busy on the ale in town.

You make some valid points mate regarding changing things before or during a game, and that’s fair enough, how I see it tho is the squad is so depleted he hasn’t got the quality he would need to change it, in particular the system he prefers, so he has a dilemma, does stick with what he and his players know and train for or alter the system knowing that it’s likely to fail because for the new system to work he is still without those who he would need to implement it properly, so better the devil you know,

I don’t imagine for a second he, Pep Ljinders & Peter Kraweietz hasn’t had discussions about this, of course they have, rightly or wrongly they are fu**ed if they do and fu**ed if they don’t, you said yourself the spine of the side is missing, the same spine he would need to change things around, or change the system, whether it’s 5-3-2 or 4-4-2 whatever, he still has the problem of lack of quality for any of those systems to work properly and efficiently,

On a brighter note, the likes of Fabinho, Naby & Jota got some minutes under their belts, I’m sure in the next few games we will start seeing more confidence in the side and better performances from the boys, a good performer & result on Wednesday will help with that, and being in a different competition will ease some of the tension .

Keep Believing it Will change !

Y  N  W  A

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1595: Mar 08, 2021 04:30:59 pm

I simply can't fathom that people care more for Klopp than they do the team and club, its like a cult of personality.

I see people slagging off the players, yet no criticism of them, but dare to say anything against the Great Kloppo oh my word, what blasphemy!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1596: Mar 08, 2021 04:35:14 pm
      I simply can't fathom that people care more for Klopp than they do the team and club, its like a cult of personality.

I see people slagging off the players, yet no criticism of them, but dare to say anything against the Great Kloppo oh my word, what blasphemy!!!!

Your on wum form today Heimy  :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1597: Mar 08, 2021 05:33:08 pm
      Liverpool owner has faith in Jürgen Klopp and rules out squad overhaul

Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent

Monday March 08 2021, 5.00pm, The Times

Jürgen Klopp retains the unflinching support of Liverpool’s owner, Fenway Sports Group, and will remain tasked with leading the club forward.

The Liverpool manager has admitted that he is enduring one of the lowest points of his managerial career after an unprecedented sequence of six successive home defeats, the latest of which came with the 1-0 loss to Fulham yesterday.

Outside scrutiny on Klopp’s reign has intensified now that Liverpool have fallen to eighth in the Premier League, having been top on December 27.

However, Klopp can continue to count on the unequivocal backing of FSG, which harbours no doubts that he will oversee a revival in the champions’ fortunes. It believes that a two-month downturn in results is an anomaly and has been shaped hugely by a lengthy injury list during what is an unusual season owing to the pandemic.

After five years of progress FSG will not abandon 53-year-old Klopp and plans to make money available to strengthen the team despite the increasing likelihood of missing out on a place in the Champions League next season.

Liverpool’s finances will take a hit should they face a season outside Europe’s elite, and that would compound the effects of the pandemic, but funds will be found to improve the team, in keeping with FSG’s overall strategy.

Last summer, Thiago Alcântara, Diogo Jota and Kostas Tsimikas were recruited and a lack of availability, rather than complacency, prompted the January signings of Ozan Kabak and Ben Davies to try to offset a defensive crisis.

Klopp has said that his squad does not require an overhaul and FSG also believes that this is the case. Both manager and hierarchy are confident that when the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Jordan Henderson and Joe Gomez are available again, there will be an improvement in results.

With Van Dijk unlikely to be fit again until next season, there is the possibility of further pain in the short term, yet FSG’s belief that Klopp, lauded as the best manager in the world nine months ago, remains the perfect fit for Liverpool is unshakeable.

The Times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1598: Mar 08, 2021 05:35:28 pm
      Liverpool owner has faith in Jürgen Klopp and rules out squad overhaul

Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent

Monday March 08 2021, 5.00pm, The Times

Jürgen Klopp retains the unflinching support of Liverpool’s owner, Fenway Sports Group, and will remain tasked with leading the club forward.

The Liverpool manager has admitted that he is enduring one of the lowest points of his managerial career after an unprecedented sequence of six successive home defeats, the latest of which came with the 1-0 loss to Fulham yesterday.

Outside scrutiny on Klopp’s reign has intensified now that Liverpool have fallen to eighth in the Premier League, having been top on December 27.

However, Klopp can continue to count on the unequivocal backing of FSG, which harbours no doubts that he will oversee a revival in the champions’ fortunes. It believes that a two-month downturn in results is an anomaly and has been shaped hugely by a lengthy injury list during what is an unusual season owing to the pandemic.

After five years of progress FSG will not abandon 53-year-old Klopp and plans to make money available to strengthen the team despite the increasing likelihood of missing out on a place in the Champions League next season.

Liverpool’s finances will take a hit should they face a season outside Europe’s elite, and that would compound the effects of the pandemic, but funds will be found to improve the team, in keeping with FSG’s overall strategy.

Last summer, Thiago Alcântara, Diogo Jota and Kostas Tsimikas were recruited and a lack of availability, rather than complacency, prompted the January signings of Ozan Kabak and Ben Davies to try to offset a defensive crisis.

Klopp has said that his squad does not require an overhaul and FSG also believes that this is the case. Both manager and hierarchy are confident that when the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Jordan Henderson and Joe Gomez are available again, there will be an improvement in results.

With Van Dijk unlikely to be fit again until next season, there is the possibility of further pain in the short term, yet FSG’s belief that Klopp, lauded as the best manager in the world nine months ago, remains the perfect fit for Liverpool is unshakeable.

The Times

😳 You know what that use to mean...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1599: Mar 08, 2021 06:12:02 pm
      Where do knob heads with no connection to our club like that phoney cascarino and Perry groves get off with the sh*te they write, like they have a f**king clue what our club does

F**k off
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #1600: Mar 08, 2021 06:25:11 pm
      This is for all you c0ck suckers who wants Klopp gone. And this is from the biggest c0ck sucker Gary Neville  you all need to get a grip for Fvk sake

Gary Neville on Jürgen Klopp: 🗣 "He's an unsackable manager for the next four or five years. He epitomises what they want, what they are, he's captured the essence of the club, he plays outstanding football and he is allowed one very bad season, by their standards. The owners have got to trust him to put it right. He's done it for them for four or five years." 🙌
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #1601: Mar 08, 2021 06:28:32 pm
      This is for all you c0ck suckers who wants Klopp gone. And this is from the biggest c0ck sucker Gary Neville  you all need to get a grip for Fvk sake

Gary Neville on Jürgen Klopp: 🗣 "He's an unsackable manager for the next four or five years. He epitomises what they want, what they are, he's captured the essence of the club, he plays outstanding football and he is allowed one very bad season, by their standards. The owners have got to trust him to put it right. He's done it for them for four or five years." 🙌
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1602: Mar 08, 2021 06:31:46 pm
      😳 You know what that use to mean...

There's literally no way in hell FSG get rid of Klopp. For one, they know he's pretty much the only manger they could employ that would be able to be successful under their strict financial playbook. Secondly, they would be too cheap to buy out his contract, so I think we can all breathe easy ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1603: Mar 08, 2021 06:37:58 pm
      There's literally no way in hell FSG get rid of Klopp. For one, they know he's pretty much the only manger they could employ that would be able to be successful under their strict financial playbook. Secondly, they would be too cheap to buy out his contract, so I think we can all breathe easy ;)

Might as well shut down the club in 2024 since we'll never win a trophy again.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1604: Mar 08, 2021 07:05:01 pm
      Come on Jürgen big game on Wednesday big result in Klopp we trust
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #1605: Mar 08, 2021 07:17:12 pm
      Tuchels doing a nice job..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1606: Mar 08, 2021 07:42:00 pm

I said that the other week that he's transformed them only to be told he's a sh*t manager  :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1607: Mar 08, 2021 08:12:54 pm
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #1608: Mar 08, 2021 08:21:44 pm

Not that at all, I think he has more than earned some leeway on our current blip all be it a big blip. You just don't bin your manager because of a bad run after what he has done for us.
      Just my opinion like.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1609: Mar 08, 2021 08:47:19 pm
      Here's an interesting article about our form this season compared to last, it backs up my point that we over achieved a bit last season and this decline has been coming for a while: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/03/08/liverpools-slump-biggest-champions-premier-league-history/

Quick Reply