Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430749 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1679: Apr 06, 2021 10:43:25 pm
      Hope so, though the season has pretty much knocked three shades of sh*t out of me at this stage, whatever about the players and Jürgen.

This

Ill celebrate last day of the seasonno matter where we finish just that its over
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1680: Apr 06, 2021 10:58:48 pm
      Starting Keita, Waiting till after 75th minute to make 2nd/3rd change. Leaving Mane on the pitch [or the shadow that looked like Mane].
      Don't think Jürgen will sleep well tonight.

Much bigger impact was not starting Firmino in favor of Mane, who at this point should not be starting.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1681: Apr 06, 2021 11:00:54 pm
      Needs a bit of a think ahead of the summer,  maybe need to make adjustments to the way we play. Need to evolve
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1682: Apr 07, 2021 12:03:07 am
      Thought i read or heard somewhere he’s never beat a Spanish team when playing in Spain? Is that correct?
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1683: Apr 07, 2021 07:07:22 am
      Have we really reached end of the cycle with the current team? Or two-three new additions will help the team next season? . I feel our mid field need some fresh faces if we Gini and Keita are leaving.
      Andyd
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #1684: Apr 07, 2021 07:23:51 am
      Needs a bit of a think ahead of the summer,  maybe need to make adjustments to the way we play. Need to evolve
      Does he know how to? Major mistake setting the same formation away to an inform Madrid. Leaving Thiago out was unbelievable?
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1685: Apr 07, 2021 07:49:42 am
      Does he know how to? Major mistake setting the same formation away to an inform Madrid. Leaving Thiago out was unbelievable?
      Can understand the idea behind it. Keita to press Kroos and run at their slow mid field. But he let Klopp down, didn't press intelligently , didn't cover for TAA, was always hiding and not showing for the pass.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1686: Apr 07, 2021 09:06:36 am
      Not sure what the answer is but it’s been going on since Watford last season, a simple ball over the top to our right hand side esp when TAA has gone forward causes us all sorts of problems. That’s even with VVD and Gomez.

One thing for sure the management have not been able to fix this issue so far which is more about tactics than players.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1687: Apr 07, 2021 09:22:22 am
      Been reading alot of posts on how we should have played AFTER the game.
      I honestly see why JK played keita instead of Thiago, we would never have more of the ball playing against real. They are too good, so he went for Keita who has more pace and can dribble. Our plan was to counter attack.

He picked our best cbs available for the game, Nat and trent made a mistake. Real was just too good for us last night and it happens.

He is the right man for the job, have faith ffs.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1688: Apr 07, 2021 10:09:06 am
      Not sure what the answer is but it’s been going on since Watford last season, a simple ball over the top to our right hand side esp when TAA has gone forward causes us all sorts of problems. That’s even with VVD and Gomez.

One thing for sure the management have not been able to fix this issue so far which is more about tactics than players.

There is an incalculable vacuum created with the injury to VVD,  how is that to be addressed with bargain basement players?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1689: Apr 07, 2021 10:19:43 am
      There is an incalculable vacuum created with the injury to VVD,  how is that to be addressed with bargain basement players?

Can’t argue with that but remember the Villa game as well as many others where VVD was playing and where the long diagonal ball over the the top has been deployed.

It’s a issue for us, Zidane picked it out perfectly.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1690: Apr 07, 2021 10:45:36 am
      Can’t argue with that but remember the Villa game as well as many others where VVD was playing and where the long diagonal ball over the the top has been deployed.

A good many of our opponents seem to have identified that chink in our set-up.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1691: Apr 07, 2021 10:49:19 am

Cut out the long ball before it’s allowed to happen. If Bobby’s on the park he’s all over Kroos last night.

Trents always been suspect with anything coming over his shoulder doesn’t matter who he’s cb is.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1692: Apr 07, 2021 12:00:39 pm
      Been reading alot of posts on how we should have played AFTER the game.
      I honestly see why JK played keita instead of Thiago, we would never have more of the ball playing against real. They are too good, so he went for Keita who has more pace and can dribble. Our plan was to counter attack.

He picked our best cbs available for the game, Nat and trent made a mistake. Real was just too good for us last night and it happens.

He is the right man for the job, have faith ffs.

I think it was a naive decision to be honest. When you've got centre backs who are novices at this level and a right back who can't defend at the moment I think being solid in midfield is more important than thinking the other way. Kroos and Modric were going to have a lot of the ball so we should have focused on protecting our defenders rather than thinking we'd just outmanoeuvre them the other way. We'd been absolutely fine in recent weeks in terms of getting the ball to the front three to counter anyway, it's just been a case of misplaced passes and missed chances from our attackers.

Thiago was integral to our recent wins against Arsenal and Leipzig, midfield wasn't an area to mess with ahead of the game last night and the fact Jürgen didn't even wait that extra 5 minutes to sub Keita at half time shows that he knows he got it badly wrong last night.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1693: Apr 07, 2021 12:45:00 pm
      Thought i read or heard somewhere he’s never beat a Spanish team when playing in Spain? Is that correct?

fairly sure his Dortmund team destroyed either Barca or Real Madrid on the way to the final.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1694: Apr 07, 2021 12:49:39 pm
      I think it was a naive decision to be honest. When you've got centre backs who are novices at this level and a right back who can't defend at the moment I think being solid in midfield is more important than thinking the other way. Kroos and Modric were going to have a lot of the ball so we should have focused on protecting our defenders rather than thinking we'd just outmanoeuvre them the other way. We'd been absolutely fine in recent weeks in terms of getting the ball to the front three to counter anyway, it's just been a case of misplaced passes and missed chances from our attackers.

Thiago was integral to our recent wins against Arsenal and Leipzig, midfield wasn't an area to mess with ahead of the game last night and the fact Jürgen didn't even wait that extra 5 minutes to sub Keita at half time shows that he knows he got it badly wrong last night.

Yeah whatever way you slice it Klopp fu**ed up there, another F**k up to the multiple ones he's already had this season, starting with not replacing Lovren, then playing midfielders at CB, then playing Bobby and Mane despite both being totally out of form, playing Robertson despite him being in bang average from when he has a very interesting option sat on the bench who just needs minutes.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1695: Apr 07, 2021 02:25:26 pm
      fairly sure his Dortmund team destroyed either Barca or Real Madrid on the way to the final.

Yea, i think they beat Real that year they lost the final to Bayern, but he may not have beat them in Spain.

From our time with us, we lost the away leg at Atletico and Barcelona. When we played Sevilla in the EL it was in the final only so no away leg.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1696: Apr 07, 2021 03:48:56 pm
      I’m sure there’ll be some of us who have had enough of JK. 9 losses in the league, out of both domestic cups and not looking good for number 7. Bring on those comments. I’m looking forward to reading them! I’m sure these people wouldn’t have committed to those decisions JK has made - in hindsight. And do volunteer to be LFC manager when JK vacates.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1697: Apr 07, 2021 04:51:42 pm
      Yea, i think they beat Real that year they lost the final to Bayern, but he may not have beat them in Spain.

From our time with us, we lost the away leg at Atletico and Barcelona. When we played Sevilla in the EL it was in the final only so no away leg.

They beat Madrid 4-1 at home when lewandowski scored all 4. Then lost 2-0 in Madrid and were very fortunate to get through
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1698: Apr 07, 2021 05:22:05 pm
      I’m sure there’ll be some of us who have had enough of JK. 9 losses in the league, out of both domestic cups and not looking good for number 7. Bring on those comments. I’m looking forward to reading them! I’m sure these people wouldn’t have committed to those decisions JK has made - in hindsight. And do volunteer to be LFC manager when JK vacates.

He has to take some of the blame for last night.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1699: Apr 07, 2021 08:27:14 pm

£15m a year, yes please, where do I apply 😉
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1700: Apr 07, 2021 10:33:22 pm

Lost the away leg of the Europa League semifinal at Villareal in 2016, 1-0. Then thrashed them at home 3-0 to advance to the team handball final.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1701: Apr 08, 2021 12:38:10 pm
      He needs to buy and bring fresh life into the team and remove some dead-weight players.

Come on Jürgen, rise up!

Quick Reply