Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431164 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1702: Apr 08, 2021 01:48:26 pm
      Lost the away leg of the Europa League semifinal at Villareal in 2016, 1-0. Then thrashed them at home 3-0 to advance to the team handball final.

Ah yes,  Villarreal. That c**t of a coach celebrating their 1-0 win like he just won the CL. The 3-0 dismantling was a thing of beauty.

That was a very fun run to the EL final that year. Great ties.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1703: Apr 09, 2021 10:16:26 am
      He needs to buy and bring fresh life into the team and remove some dead-weight players.

Come on Jürgen, rise up!

That proposition requires a cash outlay and since we do not have a sell to buy option, the outlook is bleak.
      We are told by the owners "the money is there" if the situation demands; we are in danger of letting our monumental success of lest season, what more of a demanding situation is required?
      Someone is telling porkies.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1704: Apr 09, 2021 10:33:20 am
      If any player funds were available, it couldn't be spent now anyway. I do think there will be irons in the fire. There will be players targeted for us, and talk on going behind closed doors.
      Loads on here say the Liverpool way is to be discreet about your player signings until they are almost done. Now they want all the details umm front, or believe nothings happening.  Make your minds up !
      Ever the optimist me ! I think we'll see a couple of major signings in the summer, and a few fringe players on the way out.
      Mbappe will be a good start, or even Haaland.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1705: Apr 09, 2021 06:59:48 pm
      If any player funds were available, it couldn't be spent now anyway. I do think there will be irons in the fire. There will be players targeted for us, and talk on going behind closed doors.
      Loads on here say the Liverpool way is to be discreet about your player signings until they are almost done. Now they want all the details umm front, or believe nothings happening.  Make your minds up !
      Ever the optimist me ! I think we'll see a couple of major signings in the summer, and a few fringe players on the way out.

Holding your breath is not advised.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1706: Apr 14, 2021 10:35:09 pm
      Klopp is not usually out of step but this match up , with the tactics in the first leg.

Then in the second leg taking Kabak off and sticking Fab in defence we lost all intensity -

Not been his greatest tactically.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1707: Apr 15, 2021 08:13:54 pm

Mbappe or Haaland won't be coming here, who is going to pay there wages
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1708: Apr 15, 2021 08:26:09 pm
      Klopp is not usually out of step but this match up , with the tactics in the first leg.

Then in the second leg taking Kabak off and sticking Fab in defence we lost all intensity -

Not been his greatest tactically.

Lost al cohesion one the subs were made, Klopp is struggling seems to get everything wrong
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1709: Apr 15, 2021 08:49:06 pm

I don't really think Haaland will be, but Mbappe possibly could. And wages, funded by shirt sales etc. Only down side, could be unrest as everyone will want a similar package. That would be the hardest hurdle to get over.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #1710: Apr 16, 2021 09:52:50 am
      I don't really think Haaland will be, but Mbappe possibly could. And wages, funded by shirt sales etc. Only down side, could be unrest as everyone will want a similar package. That would be the hardest hurdle to get over.

We have no chance to get this calibre of player.

Besides the fact we dont have money, we might not even make next years UCL which is a turn off for the in demand players.

We need to be realistic with our targets and buy astutely.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1711: Apr 16, 2021 10:59:39 am
      I don’t get the wankfest over Haaland and Mbappe, it’s not going to happen, either of them, both are Harrod’s accessories while we shop at between Aldi’s & Harvey Nicks, in case you haven’t noticed we are for the most part a well oiled machine, which the sum of its parts has been collated over the last 4/5 seasons, it is a fact that some of these components are approaching the end of their shelf life and will/do need replacing,
      Some believe a complete overhaul is required some maybe 3/4, I think the overhaul if there is to be one will happen over the course of a couple of seasons, made more difficult because of the current situation, so for me I think we will see us part with some of the deadwood and replace those with higher quality players and bring in perhaps only two to three Marquee individuals, next season we may have a season without CL, so that will also affect who or not comes in,

Need a new reliable CB, goes without saying, need a quality reliable RB (Neco not good enough IMO), 2/3 new high end midfielders, Raphinha (Leeds) Gravenberch,Odegaarde(Arsenal) for example, we have wee Harvey coming back too, need more/options help up front, Sancho I’d be looking at, and have a look at Jimenez (Wolves)

All young players who can take us forward and keep the machine well oiled for the next 6+ years, won’t be cheap but I’d rather buy 2/3 players who we can further develop rather than spunk a huge chunk on one individual who may not be a ideal fit, I’m sure Micheal Edwards will have his shopping list from Jürgen and that targets have already been earmarked, see what happens, but we are more likely to refresh rather than overhaul!

Y  N  W  A

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1712: Apr 16, 2021 01:38:09 pm
      I don’t get the wankfest over Haaland and Mbappe, it’s not going to happen, either of them, both are Harrod’s accessories while we shop at between Aldi’s & Harvey Nicks, in case you haven’t noticed we are for the most part a well oiled machine, which the sum of its parts has been collated over the last 4/5 seasons, it is a fact that some of these components are approaching the end of their shelf life and will/do need replacing,
      Some believe a complete overhaul is required some maybe 3/4, I think the overhaul if there is to be one will happen over the course of a couple of seasons, made more difficult because of the current situation, so for me I think we will see us part with some of the deadwood and replace those with higher quality players and bring in perhaps only two to three Marquee individuals, next season we may have a season without CL, so that will also affect who or not comes in,

Need a new reliable CB, goes without saying, need a quality reliable RB (Neco not good enough IMO), 2/3 new high end midfielders, Raphinha (Leeds) Gravenberch,Odegaarde(Arsenal) for example, we have wee Harvey coming back too, need more/options help up front, Sancho I’d be looking at, and have a look at Jimenez (Wolves)

All young players who can take us forward and keep the machine well oiled for the next 6+ years, won’t be cheap but I’d rather buy 2/3 players who we can further develop rather than spunk a huge chunk on one individual who may not be a ideal fit, I’m sure Micheal Edwards will have his shopping list from Jürgen and that targets have already been earmarked, see what happens, but we are more likely to refresh rather than overhaul!

Y  N  W  A

The wankfest is because they are generational talents and at least one (Mbappe) has seemed to show interest in us and it's fairly well known that Jürgen likes him as well (I suppose who wouldn't). I think the wages thing could be worked out. I think both are Nike sponsored athletes and we have a relationship with Nike so maybe there's something that could be done there. Still, I wonder if the only way we'd get either of them would be if something were to happen and Mo would be off. Supposedly he and his agent are wondering what's going on with his next contract and the club have shown no signs that they are ready to offer him a bumper new deal at this stage of his career.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1713: Apr 16, 2021 02:16:00 pm
      The wankfest is because they are generational talents and at least one (Mbappe) has seemed to show interest in us and it's fairly well known that Jürgen likes him as well (I suppose who wouldn't). I think the wages thing could be worked out. I think both are Nike sponsored athletes and we have a relationship with Nike so maybe there's something that could be done there. Still, I wonder if the only way we'd get either of them would be if something were to happen and Mo would be off. Supposedly he and his agent are wondering what's going on with his next contract and the club have shown no signs that they are ready to offer him a bumper new deal at this stage of his career.

I don't know how you could think we would get one of Haaland/Mbappe and be able to keep the current 3 happy.

Are Haaland or Mbappe going to come here to sit on the bench? of course not, so that means one of current 3 sits. After being a key cog of the machine and in his prime years, is Sadio suddenly going to be happy to no longer be a starter? Is Salah? Doubt it. Then what about Jota? He has done very well offensively with some saying he should be a starter and would not be happy becoming the 5th choice up front. The only player of the current 3 who i think would be willing to accept a lesser role is Bobby, in part because of how unselfish he is and in part because he can play CAM in a 4-2-3-1 set up.

If for some reason we were able to get one of Haaland or Mbappe i think it basically guarantees that one of Mane/Salah gets moved on, and i am ok with that.

Of course, the narrative will be "buy to sell" and not "there's no way you can keep everyone happy if you keep all 4 since they can't all start".

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1714: Apr 16, 2021 03:24:42 pm
      I don't know how you could think we would get one of Haaland/Mbappe and be able to keep the current 3 happy.

Are Haaland or Mbappe going to come here to sit on the bench? of course not, so that means one of current 3 sits. After being a key cog of the machine and in his prime years, is Sadio suddenly going to be happy to no longer be a starter? Is Salah? Doubt it. Then what about Jota? He has done very well offensively with some saying he should be a starter and would not be happy becoming the 5th choice up front. The only player of the current 3 who i think would be willing to accept a lesser role is Bobby, in part because of how unselfish he is and in part because he can play CAM in a 4-2-3-1 set up.

If for some reason we were able to get one of Haaland or Mbappe i think it basically guarantees that one of Mane/Salah gets moved on, and i am ok with that.

Of course, the narrative will be "buy to sell" and not "there's no way you can keep everyone happy if you keep all 4 since they can't all start".

Oh F**k me, not this who wants to sit on the bench sh*te again, it astounds me how other clubs manage to have talent sitting on the bench, oh yeah they rotate, problem solved!!
      Of course Mane would not want to sit on the bench but in that case he needs to start scoring some goals and justifying his wages, its as simple as that.

Having said that there is simply no way we get Haaland or Mbappe, it won't happen, we need to find the Haaland from 2 years ago, ie the up and coming star.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1715: Apr 16, 2021 03:42:24 pm

I personally don’t think Klopp worries about players being happy. But I also don’t think we would buy an Mbappe unless we did sell first. We don’t have the money for that kind of expenditure.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1716: Apr 16, 2021 04:52:27 pm
      Oh f**k me, not this who wants to sit on the bench sh*te again, it astounds me how other clubs manage to have talent sitting on the bench, oh yeah they rotate, problem solved!!
      Of course Mane would not want to sit on the bench but in that case he needs to start scoring some goals and justifying his wages, its as simple as that.

Having said that there is simply no way we get Haaland or Mbappe, it won't happen, we need to find the Haaland from 2 years ago, ie the up and coming star.

Go ahead and tell me all these teams that have players as good as Jota (who many here think should be starting) as their 5th option up front.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1717: Apr 16, 2021 05:04:32 pm
      Keita in the first leg may well have cost us the entire tie. Just had a shudder thinking about it then. Still no idea why he would make that decision.

That being said still loads of credit in the bank for Jürgen. Naby perhaps far less so.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1718: Apr 16, 2021 05:24:53 pm
      Keita in the first leg may well have cost us the entire tie. Just had a shudder thinking about it then. Still no idea why he would make that decision.

That being said still loads of credit in the bank for Jürgen. Naby perhaps far less so.

Sure, let's blame the guy who played 35-40 minutes over the shithouse defending from Trent with the gorgeous pass to put the Real player through on goal, or a limp-wristed Alisson who could not make a save on the 3rd goal, or our front 3 not pressing Kroos who had all day to time his pass for the first goal.
      HuytonRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 14 
      Reply #1719: Apr 16, 2021 05:28:15 pm
      Seems to me very appropriate that, as football becomes more and more about the rich, that the 4 most "deserving" teams - Chelsea, City, Madrid and PSG, make the semi-finals.  Its still a great game, but once the media circus took over and the players started getting paid obscene amounts of money, it has diminished. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1720: Apr 16, 2021 05:43:28 pm

Lebron!!
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1721: Apr 16, 2021 06:49:46 pm

Have been cloned or do you have a protégé
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1722: Apr 16, 2021 06:51:25 pm

Yeh course it was
      HuytonRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 14 
      Reply #1723: Apr 16, 2021 06:52:41 pm
      Have been cloned or do you have a protégé

Plenty of reds in Huyton! 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1724: Apr 16, 2021 07:27:37 pm

Where has the supposed interest come from? It's all hearsay & clickbait,  IF Mbappe wanted/wants out he'd head for Spain not Kirby, Nike,  LeBron a Tesco sandwich deal it don't matter we're not signing Kylian Mbappe anyone who thinks we will need to give their head's a wobble,
      He's probably the best on the planet but that doesn't mean he'd fit into any plans Jürgen has going forward,  he doesn't sign players who are centre of attention he signs players that will fit his system and work machine like, Mbappe isn't that type of player!

YNWA

Quick Reply