Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430599 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1863: Apr 26, 2021 10:41:19 am
      No true LFC supporter would begin to doubt Jürgen Klopp!

I can think of  at least 3 or 4 that doubt him on here  stuey  ;D They maybe mancs in disguise  or support another club. :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1864: Apr 26, 2021 10:56:22 am
      I can think of  at least 3 or 4 that doubt him on here  stuey  ;D They maybe mancs in disguise  or support another club. :lmao:

Not worth a mention mate, wouldn't be arsed replying to the eejits.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1865: Apr 26, 2021 10:59:53 am
      Not worth a mention mate, wouldn't be arsed replying to the eejits.

I'm guilty of replying to them.  ;D I need to learn to ignore more often.  ;D
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1866: Apr 26, 2021 11:03:10 am

That’s normal. Most are backing our man.  Going through the posts, most are banding together in support of our manager, including those who previously disagreed on tactics, transfers and whether FSG is good or evil.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1867: Apr 26, 2021 11:23:43 am
      This Man bought the art of hugging back. For that I will be forever grateful!
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1868: Apr 26, 2021 11:25:19 am
      This Man bought the art of hugging back. For that I will be forever grateful!

The man also brought back the art of our captains lifting gorgeous looking silver things and for that I’ll be forever grateful

There will also be more of that to come under him

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1869: Apr 26, 2021 11:31:09 am
      The man also brought back the art of our captains lifting gorgeous looking silver things and for that I’ll be forever grateful

There will also be more of that to come under him

f***in' oath mate!
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #1870: Apr 26, 2021 12:21:24 pm
      Blimey that heimdall joker really hates the reds.  :bert:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1871: Apr 26, 2021 12:55:41 pm

He's a manc in disguise  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1872: Apr 26, 2021 01:33:53 pm
      can't believe people saying kloop is not a top manager... the guy is  one of the best in the game every manager can go thru a slump jeeze.

Tell me how many times Ferguson went through a slump like this calendar year for Klopp, how about Pep, even Maureen never lost this many games against weak opposition, at home.

I'm more than happy to debate my position in a calm manner and just to reiterate, I think Klopp did a brilliant job to get us to winning a CL and the Prem, but there has been a dramatic slump this season and its not just down to two injuries in defence. Our gameplan is wrong, he is playing players in the wrong position, playing players on past performance not current form, making bizarre subs etc etc. It is just mistake after mistake at the moment, so on current form I will say again, Jürgen Klopp is not a great manager, he's not even a good manager at the moment.

Now the next question is, can he turn it around, of course the answer is yes he can turn it around, but will he be able to, I'm not so sure, I think he is far too rigid in his thinking and lacks the ability to adapt. A good example here is Pep who had a winning formula with City, but then last season they were much weaker, despite still finishing a very comfortable second place, Pep then makes adjustments to the system, brings in the correct players and they are utterly dominant again, that is great management, same as Ferguson being able to rebuild teams and adapt tactics multiple times.

The very best managers adapt to adversity, I'm not seeing signs of that from Klopp, yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1873: Apr 26, 2021 01:35:57 pm

hmm, what a weird conclusion to reach. I want the team to play better and have identified what I think the issue is, ie management, therefore I hate the team????
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1874: Apr 26, 2021 02:00:02 pm
      Tell me how many times Ferguson went through a slump like this calendar year for Klopp, how about Pep, even Maureen never lost this many games against weak opposition, at home.

I'm more than happy to debate my position in a calm manner and just to reiterate, I think Klopp did a brilliant job to get us to winning a CL and the Prem, but there has been a dramatic slump this season and its not just down to two injuries in defence. Our gameplan is wrong, he is playing players in the wrong position, playing players on past performance not current form, making bizarre subs etc etc. It is just mistake after mistake at the moment, so on current form I will say again, Jürgen Klopp is not a great manager, he's not even a good manager at the moment.

Now the next question is, can he turn it around, of course the answer is yes he can turn it around, but will he be able to, I'm not so sure, I think he is far too rigid in his thinking and lacks the ability to adapt. A good example here is Pep who had a winning formula with City, but then last season they were much weaker, despite still finishing a very comfortable second place, Pep then makes adjustments to the system, brings in the correct players and they are utterly dominant again, that is great management, same as Ferguson being able to rebuild teams and adapt tactics multiple times.

The very best managers adapt to adversity, I'm not seeing signs of that from Klopp, yet.

Right so let me try and work this out.  :roll:

Can he turn your form around? Yes he can!
      But will he be able to?
      I'm not so sure!
      He's too rigid and lacks ability!
      The best managers adapt?

My heads gone  :f_doh:  :spam: I need a lie down I'm dizzy  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1875: Apr 26, 2021 02:15:11 pm

But will he be able to?
      I'm not so sure!
      The best managers adapt?

Just blank him mate, talks out of his arse.
      Had him on blank for almost as long as I’ve been on the forum.

Ignore those other planks blaming Klopp as well.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #1876: Apr 26, 2021 02:40:54 pm

An therein lies part of the problem, as you say Pep brings in the correct players, easy when you have unlimited transfer funds.

Could Pep have won with our players what Jürgen has done? He can't even buy a European trophy despite all the money that he's thrown at it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1877: Apr 26, 2021 03:11:03 pm
      Klopp & the players will turn it round next season, we will be back big time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1878: Apr 26, 2021 03:16:14 pm

But will he be able to?
      I'm not so sure!
      The best managers adapt?

You really have issues with English comprehension don't you Keith. I am stating that yes he can theoretically turn it around as anyone can, but then I go on to say that I don't think he will be able to, is that really so confusing????
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1879: Apr 26, 2021 03:17:41 pm
      Just blank him mate, talks out of his arse.
      Had him on blank for almost as long as I’ve been on the forum.

Ignore those other planks blaming Klopp as well.

Yeah much better to listen to you drone on and on and on about the evils of America and capitalism and our horrible meeny owners who won't give Jürgen an infinite budget!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1880: Apr 26, 2021 03:20:18 pm
      An therein lies part of the problem, as you say Pep brings in the correct players, easy when you have unlimited transfer funds.

Could Pep have won with our players what Jürgen has done? He can't even buy a European trophy despite all the money that he's thrown at it.

I actually think that yes Pep could have won with our players, I rate Pep above Jürgen as a manager. Is it easier with a bigger budget of course it is, but lets not kid ourselves Klopp has had plenty of money to spend on players, in fact some of our purchases were far more expensive than Man City's and our squad values are not as different as some think.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1881: Apr 26, 2021 03:23:37 pm
      Klopp & the players will turn it round next season, we will be back big time.

Can I ask you what makes you think that, is it the fact that Gini leaving will force Klopp's hand. BTW that is another weird one, if Klopp sees Gini as such a crucial player in his team, which he clearly does, why not insist he gets the terms he was asking for???

In all seriousness we can't be worse next season than this one or I certainly hope not, but Klopp has to adapt, he has to adjust his tactics and he has to stop having favourite players, that is the biggest sin of any manager. All great managers share one trait, they were ruthless with players, if a player doesn't perform you drop them, Klopp does not do this, he has far to much loyalty towards his favourite players.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1882: Apr 26, 2021 03:30:39 pm
      Look I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how crazy those ideas are

What I would say though is if Jürgen was let go this summer I’d guarantee that should their jobs be available every top club in European football would want him

Fortunately he won’t be available and fortunately most people realise simply how lucky we are to have him
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1883: Apr 26, 2021 04:13:13 pm
      Can I ask you what makes you think that, is it the fact that Gini leaving will force Klopp's hand. BTW that is another weird one, if Klopp sees Gini as such a crucial player in his team, which he clearly does, why not insist he gets the terms he was asking for???

In all seriousness we can't be worse next season than this one or I certainly hope not, but Klopp has to adapt, he has to adjust his tactics and he has to stop having favourite players, that is the biggest sin of any manager. All great managers share one trait, they were ruthless with players, if a player doesn't perform you drop them, Klopp does not do this, he has far to much loyalty towards his favourite players.

so many reasons. A summer reset, hendo, VVD, matip & gomez back fit and buzzing, proper pre-season, fans back.

After that, yes some tactics, some new players etc.

LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #1884: Apr 26, 2021 04:50:06 pm

;D  you really are a piece of work considering all the injuries liverpool had this year any manager would be struggling..  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1885: Apr 26, 2021 05:05:56 pm
      so many reasons. A summer reset, hendo, VVD, matip & gomez back fit and buzzing, proper pre-season, fans back.

After that, yes some tactics, some new players etc.

I really hope you are right, I certainly know we are capable of much better than we are right now and that includes the manager and coaches.

Quick Reply