Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430680 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #1909: Apr 27, 2021 02:03:19 am
      I back heimdall. I also believe that the team malfunctions not because of the injuries, but despite. This goes back to last season where we did look poorly after the Covid restart (and we didn’t look like world beaters vs. Atletico either even before Covid) despite having all to play for (points record) and despite having all guys on board. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. Is it other teams figuring out Klopp‘s system? Is Klopp losing the locker room? Is there some poison within the team? Did some players loose some ability due to age, burn-out or injuries? Is it just bad luck and a dry spell?

Next season will tell if heimdall and me are right or most of you. I hope you are right, but if not I‘ll be there to tell you over and over and over again. Still - there i differ with heimdall - I‘d keep Jürgen till 2024 no matter what for sentimental reasons. I rather suck with him as coach than win titles with the modern attitude of football where you treat players/coaches like avatars in a computer game.
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2021 05:15:30 am by 0112358 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1910: Apr 27, 2021 04:47:55 am
      And we’re all being honest and saying your opinion is utter f**king nonsense
      Of course it’s nonsense, but the more people that keep responding, the more he keeps this schtick up.

Don’t feed the trolls.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1911: Apr 27, 2021 07:04:32 am

Stopped reading.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1912: Apr 27, 2021 08:21:30 am
      I back heimdall. I also believe that the team malfunctions not because of the injuries, but despite. This goes back to last season where we did look poorly after the Covid restart (and we didn’t look like world beaters vs. Atletico either even before Covid) despite having all to play for (points record) and despite having all guys on board. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. Is it other teams figuring out Klopp‘s system? Is Klopp losing the locker room? Is there some poison within the team? Did some players loose some ability due to age, burn-out or injuries? Is it just bad luck and a dry spell?

Next season will tell if heimdall and me are right or most of you. I hope you are right, but if not I‘ll be there to tell you over and over and over again. Still - there i differ with heimdall - I‘d keep Jürgen till 2024 no matter what for sentimental reasons. I rather suck with him as coach than win titles with the modern attitude of football where you treat players/coaches like avatars in a computer game.

We looked poorly? As in sick?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1913: Apr 27, 2021 09:51:14 am
      I tried so hard to convince, woo, and hire Klopp right after Brendan, only for meself to nitpick and make him answer and pay for any complacency, and mistakes. When he was hired, he's world class. But when I see signs of imperfection, he's degraded to nowhere near world class. Now that he can't deliver, it's time for him to go? Adopting this management style, makes me always the best man manager. Any trophies won goes to me credit that I hired him. Any poor run in form is his fault. Do not turn around and tell me "but you appointed him", although yes I'm responsible for hiring him. Nobody tells me I'm wrong. I'm never wrong. Since he's not winning games, we should upgrade our man. I look down on any sign of weakness. Which gives me the right to look down on me own foresight in the first place.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1914: Apr 27, 2021 10:11:51 am

It's got to a state Dave when I read /answer Heimy's post I feel like I'm a Liverpool fan coz I'm always defending Klopp.  ;D Do you think he could just  not like Germans  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1915: Apr 27, 2021 10:52:17 am
      erm that actually backed up my claim, thanks. ;D

Maybe read the article a bit more clearly
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1916: Apr 27, 2021 10:53:29 am
      A Manager can't survive on past success, however fantastic it was, just ask Maureen. A manager or player is only judged on how good they are in the current season and by any objective measure Klopp has been very average this season, same as Mane and Bobby, actually Mane and Bobby have been bloody awful this season, certainly this year so far.

Look I really hope Klopp can reinvigorate the team, but I think its more than just a few missing players, its tactics which are being countered by relegation teams, its poor team selections and subs, its just not right at the moment and normally when that happens only a change of manager can change your fortunes, and that gives me no pleasure to say, but I'm just being honest and stating my opinion.

So in your “opinion” - who do you want to come in to replace Klopp ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1917: Apr 27, 2021 11:20:33 am

So in your “opinion” - who do you want to come in to replace Klopp ?

Ole  :f_tongueincheek:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1918: Apr 27, 2021 11:36:13 am

Quite possibly

In his eyes Ole would have had a better season so therefore is better

He’s Norwegian so there’s that link

And Ole unlike Heimy has been a Liverpool fan at some point in his life  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1919: Apr 27, 2021 11:40:18 am
      Quite possibly

In his eyes Ole would have had a better season so therefore is better

He’s Norwegian so there’s that link

And Ole unlike Heimy has been a Liverpool fan at some point in his life  :D

I forgot about the Norweigian link.  :lmao: Least I can't now be accused of being racist  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1920: Apr 27, 2021 12:48:21 pm
      Of course it’s nonsense, but the more people that keep responding, the more he keeps this schtick up.

Don’t feed the trolls.

The F***ing eejit will be made up with all the replies he hooked.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1921: Apr 27, 2021 01:56:04 pm
      A Manager can't survive on past success, however fantastic it was, just ask Maureen. A manager or player is only judged on how good they are in the current season and by any objective measure Klopp has been very average this season, same as Mane and Bobby, actually Mane and Bobby have been bloody awful this season, certainly this year so far.

Look I really hope Klopp can reinvigorate the team, but I think its more than just a few missing players, its tactics which are being countered by relegation teams, its poor team selections and subs, its just not right at the moment and normally when that happens only a change of manager can change your fortunes, and that gives me no pleasure to say, but I'm just being honest and stating my opinion.
      The league adapted to LFC's diminutive/highly agile front 3 by parking the bus and forcing the forwards to navigate around multiple lines of defense. Same defensive scheme deployed vs. Barcelona's smallish forwards over the past decade.
      For LFC....no height up front to play an aerial game, no elite speed to overmatch defenders in the counter-strike game, no muscle to physically dominate in the box.
      A big, fast guy like Haaland is exactly what this offense needs
      But I dream

What kills me most during this anemic scoring season is how LFC allows teams to get back in defensive position instead of pressing forward. I suppose this is Klopp's way of protecting his undermanned back line from counterstrikes.
      Regardless, lack of goals is the issue, not conceding goals
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1922: Apr 27, 2021 02:11:29 pm
      The league adapted to LFC's diminutive/highly agile front 3 by parking the bus and forcing the forwards to navigate around multiple lines of defense. Same defensive scheme deployed vs. Barcelona's smallish forwards over the past decade.
      For LFC....no height up front to play an aerial game, no elite speed to overmatch defenders in the counter-strike game, no muscle to physically dominate in the box.
      A big, fast guy like Haaland is exactly what this offense needs
      But I dream

What kills me most during this anemic scoring season is how LFC allows teams to get back in defensive position instead of pressing forward. I suppose this is Klopp's way of protecting his undermanned back line from counterstrikes.
      Regardless, lack of goals is the issue, not conceding goals

You're not even a real Liverpool fan!! Still throwing shouts of "victim" about you F***ing shitbag?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1923: Apr 27, 2021 03:01:24 pm
      It's got to a state Dave when I read /answer Heimy's post I feel like I'm a Liverpool fan coz I'm always defending Klopp.  ;D Do you think he could just  not like Germans  :lmao:

Considering I work for a German company it's entirely possible but no, we all know who the confused xenophobic little twerp is on here, and its not me!

I have stated multiple times that whatever happens I will hold Klopp in the very highest esteem for the success he has brought us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1924: Apr 27, 2021 03:03:55 pm
      You're not even a real Liverpool fan!! Still throwing shouts of "victim" about you f**king shitbag?

What makes you more of a fan than him?

I would say that anyone who posts on here, including Keith, is a fan of Liverpool FC.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1925: Apr 27, 2021 03:08:21 pm

I have stated multiple times that whatever happens I will hold Klopp in the very highest esteem for the success he has brought us.

Is this despite your xenophobic comments towards Klopp.   :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1926: Apr 27, 2021 03:10:05 pm

I would say that anyone who posts on here, including Keith, is a fan of Liverpool FC.

So why call me a manc?
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1927: Apr 27, 2021 03:13:05 pm

If you don’t understand the connotations of using the word victims around us then I genuinely would need to question your motives

Any genuine Liverpool fan would swerve using that in almost any debate, let alone throw it around suggesting we treat ourselves as it without meaning it as a not so subtle dig
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1928: Apr 27, 2021 03:13:09 pm

I also said you were confused, I really think you are, I think you really want to support Liverpool FC, but you haven't admitted it to yourself yet.

Come on Keith, make the leap, be brave.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1929: Apr 27, 2021 03:13:56 pm
      If you don’t understand the connotations of using the word victims around us then I genuinely would need to question your motives

Any genuine Liverpool fan would swerve using that in almost any debate, let alone throw it around suggesting we treat ourselves as it without meaning it as a not so subtle dig

I do understand the connotation, but I do not think it was meant that way, I'm fairly sure English is not his first language, so cut him some slack maybe.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1930: Apr 27, 2021 03:15:47 pm
      I do understand the connotation, but I do not think it was meant that way, I'm fairly sure English is not his first language, so cut him some slack maybe.

Even if English isn’t his first language any Liverpool fan would understand the connotation

Sorry, they would.

And any foreign Liverpool fan who is any what aware of the history of the club would avoid things like that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1931: Apr 27, 2021 03:16:24 pm

Born in Liverpool, been going the game since my dad took me aged 5, aware of the fact that calling our own fans "victims" like that c**t did is an absolute no-no when every other F***ing set of gobahite fans use this as a slur against our fans regarding Hillsborough.

Also started being used a lot more after that piece Boris Johnson edited in the spectator back in 05. Something else to hate that tory c**t for.
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2021 03:21:38 pm by HUYTON RED »

Quick Reply