Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431219 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2162: Oct 03, 2021 02:28:27 pm
      I understand where Jürgen Klopp is coming from, although it is up to the individual to make up their minds about having the vaccine. Hence freedom of choice.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #2163: Oct 03, 2021 02:29:45 pm
      People who can’t have the vaccine can catch it from anyone. Vaccinated or unvaccinated. Thankfully it’s still a small chance you will die from it. Not the same as smallpox that killed one in three people.

Once again, people focus way too much on the mortality rate. Many people will suffer from long-term health effects, sometimes very severe.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #2164: Oct 03, 2021 02:32:16 pm
      F**k me there's some nutters in the world...

Too many and they try to rule the rest of us !
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2165: Oct 03, 2021 02:36:21 pm
      Once again, people focus way too much on the mortality rate. Many people will suffer from long-term health effects, sometimes very severe.
      Yup, after I caught Covid, I developed a condition called hyperacusis which means the nerves in my ears have become over sensitive, meaning I have extreme sensitivity to sound, I can only cope inside Asda for 10 minutes at most, which the doctors think could be linked to me having Covid as there is evidence it affects the ears too, and I tell you what, the first couple months I was near suicidal with it, and still take anti depressants now to cope and sleep, and that's probably mild in comparison to some possible long term issues you could get.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2166: Oct 03, 2021 02:37:37 pm
      Bullying 😂😂😂

I said you're fine to not accept it - I personally don't agree 100% with what he's saying either. But to say that he should stick to football as if he's some sort of commodity who'se only purpose is to manage the team at the weekend is ridiculous. He's entitled to an opinion, whether it be right or wrong

Agree Jürgen is entitled to share his opinion, but the flip side of that is that those who don't share the same opinion about vaccination they are considered loonies, anti vaxxer cu*ts, who knows what else.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #2167: Oct 03, 2021 02:43:56 pm
      Yup, after I caught Covid, I developed a condition called hyperacusis which means the nerves in my ears have become over sensitive, meaning I have extreme sensitivity to sound, I can only cope inside Asda for 10 minutes at most, which the doctors think could be linked to me having Covid as there is evidence it affects the ears too, and I tell you what, the first couple months I was near suicidal with it, and still take anti depressants now to cope and sleep, and that's probably mild in comparison to some possible long term issues you could get.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I cannot even begin to imagine how unpleasant that must be... Hopefully, it will subside over time and you'll be able to enjoy sounds again (although perhaps not inside Asda).
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2168: Oct 03, 2021 02:52:38 pm
      I'm really sorry to hear that. I cannot even begin to imagine how unpleasant that must be... Hopefully, it will subside over time and you'll be able to enjoy sounds again (although perhaps not inside Asda).
      Thanks mate, thankfully it's been almost a year since the onset now and I am much more habituated to it, I'd say it bothers me about 30% of the day instead of the 100% it was doing.

Sleeping sound now which was the main thing, was getting 2 hours disturbed sleep each night at the start which was obviously the big thing affecting my mental health, but back to sleeping like a baby thanks to medication and relaxation techniques. Managing to listen to sound via my PC speakers too now on a moderate volume so that's defo boosting my mood too, was soul destroying at the start, watching the games on mute etc, TV is still a bit too much for me so spend most of my time at my desk, earphones and headsets will probably be out the window for life now unfortunately.

The support I got from my local NHS audiologists though was amazing, was seeing her every 4 weeks until recently when she discharged me because she thinks I no longer I need her support because of the progress I've made, but reassured me I can ring her any time.

But like I said, this is mild compared to what I imagine some are dealing with and my heart goes out to them, it's why I get pissed off with these nutters sometimes, nothing will get through to them until it affects them in some way, then they'll be running to the docs with their sleeve up ready.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2169: Oct 03, 2021 03:20:03 pm
      Disappointed that Klopp has compelled the whole squad to take the vaccine, and is now becoming the lead voice to encourage other healthy, young footballers to face this unnecessary risk.   

Comparing the unvaccinated to drink drivers is shameful language.

100%. Two years ago my 23yo cousin was sitting at a red traffic light and a drunk driver rammed into her at high speed leaving her a quadriplegic. To say that someone who doesn't take the vaccine, whether it be by choice or medical reasons, is similar in any way to that scumbag is shameful indeed.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2170: Oct 03, 2021 03:25:16 pm

A pal of mine has had something similar but he never knew if he had covid before or not. Sounds exactly the same - sorry to hear that mate
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #2171: Oct 03, 2021 03:33:58 pm
      Knew when I read the article this morning that this thread would end up full of sh*te.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2172: Oct 03, 2021 10:00:26 pm
      I may have been annoyed for a little bit The Boss didn't make changes at HT but how can you stay mad at this man, for long or in fact for any reason at all. He's a F***ing Classic!!  ;D

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2173: Oct 03, 2021 11:56:20 pm
      Quote from PTU
      people focus way too much on the mortality rate.

It's supposed to be a killer illness, so people should focus on the mortality rate.

Quote from GERNS
      You can still catch the virus even after the second vaccine. It just has a lesser impact on the majority.
      Not having it, is leaving you open to contraction, and as recent history has shown, that can effect people as a type of flue, or death. Why take the risk.

It's frankly unbelievable that footballers and staff are allowed to be unvaccinated. Indeed they should have been a priority group at the outset, given the amount of travel they have to go through at home and abroad, and the amount of people they have to come across. The vaccine is supposed to provide at least 90% protection, and it's the most powerful one you have, much stronger than wearing brittle expensive sweaty suffocating masks that are useless.

I questioned the effectiveness of the vaccine at the beginning, but when you see the data, you can see that it works. The infection rate is steady and the death rate has been slashed to manageable numbers. Yes you can still get the virus afterwards, but it's minimal risk. Risk is part of life, and all you can do is manage it in order to get by.

I suppose it's easier though for clubs to force every player to take a knee before every single match, to protest about police brutality against black people in the USA discrimination in English football, that has protected nobody and achieved nothing except tick a box. A handful of players have already recognised that, but they are very few and far between.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2174: Oct 04, 2021 04:20:32 am
      How are the unvaccinated a threat to the vaccinated..😂 makes zero sense..

Not Klopp’s job to be calling out players who choose not to get vaccinated..

It’s not anyone’s job to call out anyone that chooses to be unvaccinated. I’ve gotten all the important vaccines. Not getting the Covid vax though because for one I had Covid already and recently got the antibody test and I still have natural immunity. And personally I’ll take my chances dying of Covid vs taking my chances of getting myocarditis. The risks of either are significantly low and I’m probably much more likely to die in a car accident than dying of Covid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2175: Oct 04, 2021 04:24:29 am
      Interesting to read Klopp said 99% of his players had the vaccine. Do we know who hasn't ? Sounds like just one person/player?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2176: Oct 04, 2021 08:15:21 am
      Interesting to read Klopp said 99% of his players had the vaccine. Do we know who hasn't ? Sounds like just one person/player?

Well in 2017 firmino got caught drink driving and lost his license. So it must be him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2177: Oct 04, 2021 08:23:58 am
      Well in 2017 firmino got caught drink driving and lost his license. So it must be him.

:lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2178: Oct 04, 2021 10:56:32 am

Leaves the Boss wide open to criticism….

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2179: Oct 05, 2021 07:30:05 pm
      Disappointed that Klopp has compelled the whole squad to take the vaccine, and is now becoming the lead voice to encourage other healthy, young footballers to face this unnecessary risk.   

Comparing the unvaccinated to drink drivers is shameful language.

Hahahahaha the tin foil hatters heads have well fell off with Klopp's comments around the vaccines.

He's F***ing boss our manager.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2180: Oct 05, 2021 08:54:09 pm
      We don't know how long the vaccine's protection will stay effective for particularly for the elderly and vulnerable. It's still early days. What we do know is vaccinated people are less likely to spread the virus should they contract it. Luckily we have enough responsible people who have or will take the vaccines so we can reduce its impact worldwide.

That's not actually true mate, the likelihood of spreading it is the same for vaccinated and un-vaccinated people. Klopp is entitled to his views, but players should make up their own minds.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #2181: Oct 05, 2021 09:10:54 pm
      That's not actually true mate, the likelihood of spreading it is the same for vaccinated and un-vaccinated people. Klopp is entitled to his views, but players should make up their own minds.

That's not true.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/vaccinated-people-are-less-likely-spread-covid-new-research-finds-n1280583
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2182: Oct 05, 2021 09:21:14 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #2183: Oct 05, 2021 09:25:50 pm
      Hahahahaha the tin foil hatters heads have well fell off with Klopp's comments around the vaccines.

He's f**king boss our manager.

Funny how anti-vaxxers and other sceptics are desperate to have their voices heard yet when Jürgen voices his own it's 'shameful' and he's deemed to be a 'tw*t' and a 'disgrace'!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2184: Oct 05, 2021 09:40:10 pm
      Funny how anti-vaxxers and other sceptics are desperate to have their voices heard yet when Jürgen voices his own it's 'shameful' and he's deemed to be a 'tw*t' and a 'disgrace'!

Well I'm not an Anti Vaxxer,  I've had all my jabs except this one, so have my kids. There are of course conspiracy theorists that talk a lot of nonsense (the 5G one is ridiculous), but I'm finding the Vaccine fascists just as annoying as the idiots complaining about having to wear a mask in a shop for 5 minutes.
      No one should be criticising Klopp for voicing his opinion, everyone is entitled to have one.

Quick Reply