Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430520 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2185: Oct 06, 2021 12:24:34 am
      Funny how anti-vaxxers and other sceptics are desperate to have their voices heard yet when Jürgen voices his own it's 'shameful' and he's deemed to be a 'tw*t' and a 'disgrace'!

Maybe they are desperate because they get censored or silenced or banned etc.
      If somebody wants to compare me to a drink driver by exercising my free choice at not having a vaccination then I will call them out on it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2186: Oct 06, 2021 12:53:01 am

May want to read the entire article, first off the study's not been peer-reviewed, secondly is this little tidbit:

"The new study showed that protection against transmission seemed to wane over time, however. After three months, people who had breakthrough infections after being vaccinated with AstraZeneca were just as likely to spread the delta variant as the unvaccinated."

Three months is nothing.

I had Covid over a year ago and I still have reasonably high levels of anti-bodies.

I think the issue here is, there are still things we just don't know and won't know for a long time. That's why some people are still reluctant to get a vaccine that was developed at a record pace and we have no long term studies to lean on to show what the possible long term side effects might be. If this virus was killing people at a much higher rate, the risk reward decision would probably dictate that most folks would gladly take the vaccine in spite of any misgivings.

Either way, at the end of the day, it should be up to individuals to decide what's best for THEIR health first and foremost, regardless of what any of us think.

Jürgen is certainly allowed his opinion and he's welcome to frame his argument any way he likes. He obviously feels passionate about it, which is understandable considering what happened to his mother. But at the end of the day, that doesn't mean his opinion trumps my opinion so far as my own decision making goes. I love that he's passionate, even if I don't agree with him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2187: Oct 06, 2021 09:47:22 pm
      May want to read the entire article, first off the study's not been peer-reviewed, secondly is this little tidbit:

"The new study showed that protection against transmission seemed to wane over time, however. After three months, people who had breakthrough infections after being vaccinated with AstraZeneca were just as likely to spread the delta variant as the unvaccinated."

Three months is nothing.

I had Covid over a year ago and I still have reasonably high levels of anti-bodies.

I think the issue here is, there are still things we just don't know and won't know for a long time. That's why some people are still reluctant to get a vaccine that was developed at a record pace and we have no long term studies to lean on to show what the possible long term side effects might be. If this virus was killing people at a much higher rate, the risk reward decision would probably dictate that most folks would gladly take the vaccine in spite of any misgivings.

Either way, at the end of the day, it should be up to individuals to decide what's best for THEIR health first and foremost, regardless of what any of us think.

Jürgen is certainly allowed his opinion and he's welcome to frame his argument any way he likes. He obviously feels passionate about it, which is understandable considering what happened to his mother. But at the end of the day, that doesn't mean his opinion trumps my opinion so far as my own decision making goes. I love that he's passionate, even if I don't agree with him.

Three months is better than nothing and is still enough to save plenty of lives. And yet more evidence today showing that 6 months after the second jab, the Pfizer vaccine prevents hospitalisation in 90% of cases.

I just find it hilarious that 'we don't know enough' is the supposed 'common sense' argument...yet the world's top scientists and doctors know enough to tell us to take it and it is 99.9% safe to do so.

Forgive me if I take the opinion of experts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2188: Oct 06, 2021 11:40:00 pm
      Three months is better than nothing and is still enough to save plenty of lives. And yet more evidence today showing that 6 months after the second jab, the Pfizer vaccine prevents hospitalisation in 90% of cases.

I just find it hilarious that 'we don't know enough' is the supposed 'common sense' argument...yet the world's top scientists and doctors know enough to tell us to take it and it is 99.9% safe to do so.

You can take the opinion of whomever you choose, but you are surely actively seeking out “evidence” that agrees with your stance, that’s called confirmation bias. The truth is most of the scientist that you imply you are listening to haven’t actually participated in or peer reviewed any actual studies. And your 99.9% number is laughable. There isn’t a vaccine or treatment anywhere that’s 99.9% safe because a lot of people can’t take vaccines due to some of the ingredients that are necessary (preservatives and such).

Believe what you want, just don’t tell me what I have to believe.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2189: Oct 07, 2021 01:41:23 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2190: Oct 07, 2021 09:44:04 am
      You can take the opinion of whomever you choose, but you are surely actively seeking out “evidence” that agrees with your stance, that’s called confirmation bias. The truth is most of the scientist that you imply you are listening to haven’t actually participated in or peer reviewed any actual studies. And your 99.9% number is laughable. There isn’t a vaccine or treatment anywhere that’s 99.9% safe because a lot of people can’t take vaccines due to some of the ingredients that are necessary (preservatives and such).

Believe what you want, just don’t tell me what I have to believe.

You can take the opinion of whoever you choose, but you have to realise that there are certain opinions that hold far greater value than others. And those are the opinions that the likes of Jürgen and millions of others around this world choose to follow. Why? Because their opinions are backed by stats, no matter how much you try to pass it off as 'confirmation bias'.

There have been plenty of peer reviewed articles on covid and the vaccines throughout this year. F***ing hell - the Astrazeneca efficacy results that were released before last Christmas were peer reviewed! Trying to pass your opinion off on the basis of academic robustness won't stand up.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2191: Oct 07, 2021 02:11:42 pm
      that’s called confirmation bias.

I have a very big hindsight bias.

Before any match is played, I'd have already knew what Klopp should or shouldn't have done, because these things look so obvious. You can be sure that after every game, I'd be telling everyone how wrong Jürgen Klopp is and based on how the previous match unfolded and how it was obvious that Klopp's been naive in his decision making and that at the end of my argument, I'm the best manager standing... who doesn't make silly decisions and mistakes like Klopp or the other players.

"Surely they should have known... But they didn't... I knew it all along... They couldn't see it... But it was so obvious to me... I'd have done otherwise from [fill in any disaster or mistakes that's been resulted or committed]."

In hindsight, I'm never wrong with the exception of never getting lotto numbers correct.   :mad:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2192: Oct 07, 2021 02:40:08 pm
      You can take the opinion of whoever you choose, but you have to realise that there are certain opinions that hold far greater value than others. And those are the opinions that the likes of Jürgen and millions of others around this world choose to follow. Why? Because their opinions are backed by stats, no matter how much you try to pass it off as 'confirmation bias'.

There have been plenty of peer reviewed articles on covid and the vaccines throughout this year. F***ing hell - the Astrazeneca efficacy results that were released before last Christmas were peer reviewed! Trying to pass your opinion off on the basis of academic robustness won't stand up.

Look, I don't doubt that the vaccines have a level of effectiveness in reducing the overall risks associated with severe cases of Covid. I'm not an anti-vaxxer,  just got a tetanus booster this year in fact and my kids have all of the "normal" vaccines that most kids get growing up. I have an 18 year old son though that had an irregular heartbeat at birth, it's not ever been an issue (hell he's a cross country runner now and a pretty damn good one) but that gives us pause when we consider whether the risk of periocarditis or myocarditis (I'm sure I butchered those spellings) is greater than the risk of him getting a severe case of Covid (he's already had Covid when the rest of us did and it was barely a blip to him). So all I'm saying is, it's none of your or Klopp's or anyone else's business to tell me or anyone in my family that we should run out and be vaccinated (especially when my wife is an ex-scientist that worked in research on biological weapons defense and understands all the ins and outs of the virus, the vaccines, etc....).  I love Klopp and I respect you as a poster on this forum but neither one of you have the information or the right to shame anyone that hasn't been vaccinated. Especially when there are real (albeit possibly minor) concerns surrounding long term effects of the various vaccines that are being pushed on the public and when the death rate for this virus I believe is still under 1% for all age groups combined and even less than that if we are talking about younger, healthier people.

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #2193: Oct 07, 2021 03:50:31 pm
      I bet if he said the vaccines are a load of crap and he doesn't recommend them people who are pro vaccine would be saying he should stick to football though
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2194: Oct 07, 2021 05:19:16 pm

Would you take the advice of the experts saying not to take it 😄. Everyone at high risk is probably better off taking the jabs, it's a judgement call for those not in the high risk category.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2195: Oct 07, 2021 06:33:44 pm
      Six years ago tomorrow, Jürgen Klopp became Liverpool manager.

And F**k me, what a six F***ing years it's been.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2196: Oct 07, 2021 06:44:40 pm
      Bloody hell that has gone so quick, long may it continue
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2197: Oct 07, 2021 06:45:13 pm
      Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2198: Oct 07, 2021 08:04:33 pm
      Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts

Is that a threat? 😄
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2199: Oct 07, 2021 08:39:44 pm
      Quote from LFCSTEVE1984
      I bet if he said the vaccines are a load of crap and he doesn't recommend them people who are pro vaccine would be saying he should stick to football though

He wouldn't be that stupid to say that. English is his second language, but he knows that the owners, staff, players, fans, and sponsors would judge him on comments like that. Plenty have already, just for stating the obvious.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2200: Oct 07, 2021 09:55:02 pm
      I remember when klopp was asked how long before we win the title and he said 3 years.
      Even though it took a little while longer the state of the squad he took over to achieve what he has now is miraculous.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2201: Oct 07, 2021 10:02:58 pm
      And I know some people on here moan that we don’t have a world class right back to challenge Trent or that the midfield is lacking in options....

But remember klopps first line up?

Mignolet
      Clyne
      Sakho
      Skrtle
      Moreno

Can
      Lucas

Milner
      Coutinho
      Lallana
      Origi

Crazy how we have improved so much.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2202: Oct 07, 2021 10:07:56 pm
      And I know some people on here moan that we don’t have a world class right back to challenge Trent or that the midfield is lacking in options....

But remember klopps first line up?

Mignolet
      Clyne
      Sakho
      Skrtle
      Moreno

Can
      Lucas

Milner
      Coutinho
      Lallana
      Origi

Crazy how we have improved so much.

Took that team to the Europa finals…

Got to admit, 6 years have been amazing to watch this team, but it’s been an intense 6 years… I’d say that…

Dreamed lad might we won it again this season & had a proper trophy parade…
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2203: Oct 07, 2021 10:23:24 pm
      Took that team to the Europa finals…

Got to admit, 6 years have been amazing to watch this team, but it’s been an intense 6 years… I’d say that…

Dreamed lad might we won it again this season & had a proper trophy parade…

Aye. Some games actually made me ill. I couldn’t stand watching it. But I couldn’t look away.
      But yeah, trophy parade would be nice.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2204: Oct 07, 2021 11:16:17 pm
      As fast as the last 6 years flew by, unfortunately he's only committed to staying for 3 more years. And I just don't see him extending it. :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2205: Oct 07, 2021 11:46:33 pm
      I don't know if we will ever have it better than we have had it under Jürgen. And I don't mean that we'll never scale the heights of European Cup and Premier League winners. We could win 10 trebles in a row after he's gone but that kineticism, that sense of purpose, joy, drive and togetherness of Jürgen's ethos is intangible, something that can't be measured by trophies. It's a sad thought, almost fatalist, to think that it will never be as good but when all is said and done, he realised so many of our dreams.

While we still have him, in victory or defeat, I'll cherish every moment of this great man.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2206: Oct 08, 2021 11:08:30 am
      As fast as the last 6 years flew by, unfortunately he's only committed to staying for 3 more years. And I just don't see him extending it. :(

I'd be amazed if he extends it.

He didn't even get the proper break he wanted after Dortmund due to us coming calling.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #2207: Oct 08, 2021 11:37:21 am
      Enjoy the next three years, you never know what is ahead nowadays !

Quick Reply