Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430773 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2300: Nov 16, 2021 05:30:01 pm
      This will always be one of my favourite moments from Klopp

https://youtu.be/j_CJ-QialoA

Nearly as good as this

https://youtu.be/ddq0cZQLkJM

His celebration against the blueshite and fist pumping to the kop won't be bettered.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2301: Nov 16, 2021 05:36:24 pm
      His celebration against the blueshite and fist pumping to the kop won't be bettered.

It was brilliant

I still can’t stop laughing every time I see that reaction to the shot by Lucas 😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2302: Nov 16, 2021 06:30:20 pm
      I always remember Suarez when Moyes said before a game for the referee to watch for Suarez diving, he's scored run from the goal to where Moyes was sitting and took a long dive, priceless
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2303: Nov 17, 2021 10:04:46 am
      The Bluenoses still whinge about that celebration to this day!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2304: Nov 17, 2021 11:00:04 am
      his greeting of Harvey says all you need to know about how genuine a human being he is. He is by far the most open manager I have ever seen he answers every question put to him openly and honestly regardless of how many times he would have been asked the very same question many times before.
      Just hope he has a decent squad to pick from this weekend after the carnage once again during the international break,
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2305: Nov 18, 2021 11:56:38 am
      Looking at the recent Twitter explosion and it appears it’s aimed at Pep Lijinders

Someone had the cheek in an article to suggest that in 3 years when Klopp May leave that the club could look at Pep to take over

Now personally I think Klopp looks a bit more refreshed this season and will extend his contract until 2027.

But if he didn’t then it’s going to be a dilemma on which way to go

Keep it in house ala the boot room and give Pep the reigns - it’s not the worst shout and would certainly carry on the way the team works and plays

Go to Gerrard- I’m still worried that it would be a sentimental choice based , but unless it goes horrifically wrong at Villa he will be in the discussion

Or established manager - something that hasn’t worked for the Mancs but maybe we would look at someone like Flick or Ten Haag
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2306: Nov 18, 2021 12:19:00 pm
      Looking at the recent Twitter explosion and it appears it’s aimed at Pep Lijinders

Someone had the cheek in an article to suggest that in 3 years when Klopp May leave that the club could look at Pep to take over

Now personally I think Klopp looks a bit more refreshed this season and will extend his contract until 2027.

But if he didn’t then it’s going to be a dilemma on which way to go

Keep it in house ala the boot room and give Pep the reigns - it’s not the worst shout and would certainly carry on the way the team works and plays

Go to Gerrard- I’m still worried that it would be a sentimental choice based , but unless it goes horrifically wrong at Villa he will be in the discussion

Or established manager - something that hasn’t worked for the Mancs but maybe we would look at someone like Flick or Ten Haag

this question is still minimum 3 seasons away. My advice just enjoy klopp while we have him. Ignore the negative twitter folk.

Plenty in real life to worry about. ;-)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2307: Nov 18, 2021 01:21:15 pm
      this question is still minimum 3 seasons away. My advice just enjoy klopp while we have him. Ignore the negative twitter folk.

Unfortunately it’s not 3 seasons away unless we want to be totally unprepared. If FSG have any sense, they already have a shortlist available and a plan of attack should Jürgen stick with his retirement plans. I hope he doesn’t because I don’t think there are too many other managers will be able to do what Koop has done.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2308: Nov 18, 2021 01:29:41 pm

For sure. Worrying about 3 years from now is a fool's errand as so many things can change in such a long time, but this team doesn't just live in the moment and is always planning ahead so when the time eventually comes i am sure there will be a plan in place.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2309: Nov 18, 2021 01:30:14 pm
      Unfortunately it’s not 3 seasons away unless we want to be totally unprepared. If FSG have any sense, they already have a shortlist available and a plan of attack should Jürgen stick with his retirement plans. I hope he doesn’t because I don’t think there are too many other managers will be able to do what Koop has done.

well i for one will not waste any energy worrying about anything thats 2.5 yrs away. ;D.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2310: Nov 18, 2021 04:18:55 pm
      well i for one will not waste any energy worrying about anything thats 2.5 yrs away. ;D.

There are those who seek comfort and security on being a few steps ahead of everybody. Good to think about it and plan ahead. However don’t worry too much.

The extreme types would have mapped out several outcomes and a complicated flow charts to “catch all” options and possibilities. Surely enough, they’d be a few steps ahead of us when the day arrives. When they say I told you so, they’re genuinely not calling bluff. Complicated flow charts!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2311: Nov 18, 2021 04:24:52 pm

It's a strange thing...it's almost like you can enjoy the present and still be concerned about the future. Kinda like having a high schooler...you enjoy the time you have with them now but it's still bittersweet knowing they'll leave the house in couple of years to go to college.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2312: Nov 18, 2021 05:07:04 pm
      The Bluenoses still whinge about that celebration to this day!

Hahaha no wonder, it sh*t all over their blue smoke they'd deployed to celebrate the draw :laugh:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2313: Nov 18, 2021 05:35:02 pm
      It's a strange thing...it's almost like you can enjoy the present and still be concerned about the future. Kinda like having a high schooler...you enjoy the time you have with them now but it's still bittersweet knowing they'll leave the house in couple of years to go to college.

yea, its my kids and family and friends I worry about.

Kids going to uni next year etc. ;-)

Honestly the next liverpool manager is the last thing on my mind, enjoy the main man klopp while he is here.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2314: Nov 18, 2021 05:36:14 pm
      There are those who seek comfort and security on being a few steps ahead of everybody. Good to think about it and plan ahead. However don’t worry too much.

The extreme types would have mapped out several outcomes and a complicated flow charts to “catch all” options and possibilities. Surely enough, they’d be a few steps ahead of us when the day arrives. When they say I told you so, they’re genuinely not calling bluff. Complicated flow charts!

Indeed.  :D

I do enough charts and drawing at work, dont want to be doing that about the footi team too. the mad crackpots.  :lmao:
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2315: Nov 18, 2021 08:10:55 pm
      Stevie G mentioned that Jürgen
      ‘sent me a message and he said he’s looking forward to a big hug on the side on December 11 so that’s something to look forward to.’
      Really looking forward to that game :)
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2316: Nov 19, 2021 09:18:55 pm
      Stevie G mentioned that Jürgen
      ‘sent me a message and he said he’s looking forward to a big hug on the side on December 11 so that’s something to look forward to.’

Really looking forward to that game :)

I'd love to be in the middle of that hug   :hug: :hug: :hug: I wish!!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2317: Nov 20, 2021 03:41:52 pm
      I'd love to be in the middle of that hug   :hug: :hug: :hug: I wish!!

Jürgen should do Santa some match day over Xmas and have some supporters up for a big Santa hug before the game, be great craic :)
      Have some kinda Charlie-and-the-Chocolate-factory-golden-ticket type draw to see who was going to get the hugs.

OK, going to stop talking sh*te now...
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2318: Nov 20, 2021 09:40:40 pm
      Jürgen should do Santa some match day over Xmas and have some supporters up for a big Santa hug before the game, be great craic :)
      Have some kinda Charlie-and-the-Chocolate-factory-golden-ticket type draw to see who was going to get the hugs.

OK, going to stop talking sh*te now...

:lmao: Love it !!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2319: Dec 11, 2021 11:14:23 pm
      149 Premier League victories now in just 236 games.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2320: Dec 18, 2021 11:28:00 pm
      I imagine he will now be getting a lot of sh*t for it but interesting to hear Jürgen say he won't sign an un-vaccinated player.

Clearly a topic he feels very passionately about.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2321: Dec 18, 2021 11:51:09 pm
      I imagine he will now be getting a lot of sh*t for it but interesting to hear Jürgen say he won't sign an un-vaccinated player.

F**k me… Jan transfer thread is going to be on 🔥

FSG rubbing their hands… 😂
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2322: Dec 19, 2021 09:14:40 am

When did he say that? I listened to the full press conference the other day and he refused to answer that question twice as he said there was no way of answering it right.

Quick Reply