Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430819 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2438: Jan 01, 2022 03:24:02 pm
      Hope the boss gets well, but it's going to be a loss not having him on the sideline.

Wonder would they have him on skype or zoom in the changing room at HT :)

Players need to standup now...

Could be the kick up the star they need after the last game 😬
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2439: Jan 01, 2022 03:29:17 pm

Could be the kick up the star they need after the last game 😬

Who knows.

Don't think anyone really saw the Leicester result coming.

Certainly Jürgen not being there will be something different - what effect that will have, really hard to tell.

At the end of the day, the players need to go out there and perform. We have leaders like Hendo and VVD and Milly etc. so we have the experience there, hopefully they will react in the right way.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2440: Jan 01, 2022 03:48:10 pm
      Hope the boss gets well, but it's going to be a loss not having him on the sideline.

Wonder would they have him on skype or zoom in the changing room at HT :)

Players need to standup now...
      My guess is Jürgen speaks with coaches, before and during the match, but leaves match day communication w the players to Pep.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2441: Jan 01, 2022 03:52:13 pm
      Erm why would he 'learn' that ? Him having the vaccine should lessen symptoms and make a trip to hospital less likely

Trip to hospital is unlikely regardless.

Him having built up natural immunity through exposure to the virus should help. Plus, he has an immune system. Hopefully he'll be well soon.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2442: Jan 01, 2022 05:57:28 pm
      Shame so many people are taking the bait in here!

Just ignore him.

F**k it, the pr**k needs calling out for the sh*te he spouts.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2443: Jan 01, 2022 06:13:05 pm
      My god every thread is full of grown men(I think) squabbling with eachother. Bizarre.

Hope the boss is OK and on the mend soon. He is our leader ... the heart of this football club and he will be missed tomorrow. I hope the match is postponed.

Whatever happens this season is tainted beyond belief. The club with 2 1/2 first teams ... everything playing into the hands and falling into their lap.

The whole integrity of the league has gone. It ain't a fair competition. I've had enough of this season to be honest.

Get well soon boss.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2444: Jan 01, 2022 06:18:53 pm
      My god every thread is full of grown men(I think) squabbling with eachother. Bizarre.

Hope the boss is OK and on the mend soon. He is our leader ... the heart of this football club and he will be missed tomorrow. I hope the match is postponed.

Whatever happens this season is tainted beyond belief. The club with 2 1/2 first teams ... everything playing into the hands and falling into their lap.

The whole integrity of the league has gone. It ain't a fair competition. I've had enough of this season to be honest.

Get well soon boss.

If we win the League Cup &  number 7 in May would you still say the season was tainted.

It's been far more enjoyable than last season
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2445: Jan 01, 2022 06:24:03 pm
      If we win the League Cup &  number 7 in May would you still say the season was tainted.

It's been far more enjoyable than last season

The Premier league is tainted mate. I never mentioned the cups. However

Yeah I would actually. The whole thing is a farce now. A complete lottery. If you think this is football... on a level playing field then fair enough. I dont. The competition is a complete joke and the game is in chaos.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2446: Jan 01, 2022 06:33:35 pm
      The Premier league is tainted mate. I never mentioned the cups. However

Yeah I would actually. The whole thing is a farce now. A complete lottery. If you think this is football... on a level playing field then fair enough. I dont. The competition is a complete joke and the game is in chaos.

To an extent I get what you’re saying, it’s not much fun not knowing from day to day what and who you have available

However, it’s life right now.  It’s what we have, what’s the alternative? F**k it off? Don’t see the point
      Truth is, it’s a magnification of football in general anyway, those with the stronger squads and a bit of luck will come off the best

But again what’s the alternative? We scrap the season and have nothing to look forward to at the weekend? Even if we do the players don’t stop aging? They still get a year older, they still go beyond their peaks, just without playing
      If they don’t play, not only do the squads age, we have no income either trough tv or through the gate and we can’t move on and the likes of city and Chelsea move beyond us as they don’t rely on income to improve

As Huyton said, it’s better than last season as the fans are in, if that changes I don’t know if I could be arsed but they are and we have to get on with it

The whole world isn’t great, football isn’t normal, but it gets us through
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2447: Jan 01, 2022 06:47:19 pm
      To an extent I get what you’re saying, it’s not much fun not knowing from day to day what and who you have available

However, it’s life right now.  It’s what we have, what’s the alternative? F**k it off? Don’t see the point
      Truth is, it’s a magnification of football in general anyway, those with the stronger squads and a bit of luck will come off the best

But again what’s the alternative? We scrap the season and have nothing to look forward to at the weekend? Even if we do the players don’t stop aging? They still get a year older, they still go beyond their peaks, just without playing
      If they don’t play, not only do the squads age, we have no income either trough tv or through the gate and we can’t move on and the likes of city and Chelsea move beyond us as they don’t rely on income to improve

As Huyton said, it’s better than last season as the fans are in, if that changes I don’t know if I could be arsed but they are and we have to get on with it

The whole world isn’t great, football isn’t normal, but it gets us through

I take those points mate.

It is better with fans in. But as a competition and a spectacle it's becoming a farce.

And it's playing into the hands of the cheats again who will just stroll off with another title. I'm frustrated with the whole thing.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2448: Jan 01, 2022 08:27:00 pm
      One positive of this virus is it has fully shown who the weirdos and attention seekers of the forum are.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2449: Jan 01, 2022 08:42:56 pm
      Football in Empty stadiums is just not a sporting contest as we know it. The sensible scientists seem to believe we are through the worst and should get through this latest surge far better than last winter. Jürgen has only spoken common sense as most people thankfully have taken measures to protect themselves their families and their friends.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2450: Jan 01, 2022 11:33:14 pm
      F***ing Bat eating c**t who started all this sh*t, has a lot to answer for!!

This is getting ridiculous!! No Boss on the sidelines is gonna feel fkn weird.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2451: Jan 02, 2022 02:02:06 am
      Get well soon Boss. A little bit ironic too.

It will be awkward not seeing him.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #2452: Jan 02, 2022 07:39:19 am
      The wife actually mentioned when she saw part of his press conference that he didn't look his normal self. Hope he's well again soon.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #2453: Jan 02, 2022 09:08:48 am
      Just a quick note to say Get Well Soon, Jürgen. So many cases among younger people bring only mild symptoms, but one group that CoVid tends to hit harder are smokers (respiratory virus). I hope the boss is doing alright.

I've actually seen that smoking actually helps with covid because of niacin (used in food and would test you positive for nicotine) and the cigarette version nicotinic acid aka vitamin B3 in cigarettes.

Unless the smoking has caused COPD or some other smoking related ailment like heart problems or artery issues there is actually some evidence that it helps weridly enough.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2454: Jan 02, 2022 01:19:56 pm
      I've actually seen that smoking actually helps with covid because of niacin (used in food and would test you positive for nicotine) and the cigarette version nicotinic acid aka vitamin B3 in cigarettes.

Unless the smoking has caused COPD or some other smoking related ailment like heart problems or artery issues there is actually some evidence that it helps weridly enough.

That would be a weird one, for sure.

Reminds of a story my Dad would tell about adverts on the radio here for Lucky Strike cigarettes back in the 50s with a tagline of "preferred by more doctors." This was before they started putting warning labels on the package.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2455: Jan 02, 2022 01:27:20 pm
      That would be a weird one, for sure.

Reminds of a story my Dad would tell about adverts on the radio here for Lucky Strike cigarettes back in the 50s with a tagline of "preferred by more doctors." This was before they started putting warning labels on the package.

Doctors would advise smoking for stress relief. Mum smoked for 80 years until the day she died never had a cough. Not for me though I cant understand anyone smoking now its just slow suicide
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2456: Jan 02, 2022 01:36:54 pm
      I think everyone has covid now it seems.
      Just looked on the bbc and quite a few celebrity folk have it.
      Arteta has it also.

Makes me wonder though what chance the normal people have of avoiding it when these sporting celebrities have strict and daily testing.

It’s inevitable really we will catch it. Just thankful it’s omicron which is fairly weak.

As for klopp, I’m sure he will be fine. 99.9% of people are and I have no doubt he will not be resting when he’s watching the game on the monitor!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2457: Jan 02, 2022 07:27:29 pm
      if we want Jürgen to stay for a long time give him Pep's squad the man is not F***ing Merlin the wizard and we will struggle to put a side out against Arsenal
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2458: Jan 02, 2022 07:46:23 pm
      if we want Jürgen to stay for a long time give him Pep's squad

Soz but we aren't buying full-backs for £50 million a pop, which is how Pep's squad has been built.

We can't match the UAE oil.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2459: Jan 02, 2022 07:51:10 pm
      if we want Jürgen to stay for a long time give him Pep's squad the man is not f**king Merlin the wizard and we will struggle to put a side out against Arsenal

Never going to happen and I wouldn’t want us to operate that way.

We do need to go big in the summer though and get some quality players into the first XI - we haven’t had major investment since the title winning season and this squad you feel is starting to move past its peak.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2460: Jan 02, 2022 07:51:52 pm
      Soz but we aren't buying full-backs for £50 million a pop, which is how Pep's squad has been built.

We can't match the UAE oil.

No one is asking to Spend such figures mate, we got Robbo & Kostas for what a combined £13 million..?

I’m sure if we can unearth a couple of more gems & Klopp can polish them up..

Quick Reply