Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431303 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2461: Jan 02, 2022 07:56:22 pm
      No one is asking to Spend such figures mate, we got Robbo & Kostas for what a combined £13 million..?

I’m sure if we can unearth a couple of more gems & Klopp can polish them up..

Which is what they have been doing, is it the speed at which we're doing it that's the problem, also Klopp's trying to blood kids from the U-23's into the squad but it again takes time, which at the moment we don't have.

Pep at City hasn't done that, he's built a squad with dough which is what Walton was referring to and I responded to, so what you put in your quote is not what was F***ing asked!!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2462: Jan 02, 2022 07:58:20 pm
      Which is what they have been doing, is it the speed at which we're doing it that's the problem, also Klopp's trying to blood kids from the U-23's into the squad but it again takes time, which at the moment we don't have.

Pep at City hasn't done that, he's built a squad with dough which is what Walton was referring to and I responded to, so what you put in your quote is not what was f**king asked!!

Soz... 😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2463: Jan 02, 2022 08:38:32 pm
      "I am proud and humbled," Henry said. "We have a lot of work to do, and I can't tell you how happy I am that [the deal] has been completed. We're here to win. We have a tradition of winning. We'll do whatever we need to do."

NESV chairman Thomas Werner added: "We recognise that Liverpool Football Club is an historic institution ultimately grounded in the community and the fans.

"Our first step as new owners will be to listen. We want to hear from the manager and the players and those who are part of the daily operation of the club.

"We will be visible at Anfield and will embrace and listen to those who have stood by this club and who are the rock on which its future success will be built.

"We want to hear from the fans, local leaders and the local community. We want to hear from those who know LFC best, who have made it the best and share our desire to return to a culture of winning."
      what a load of bolox this turned out to be. 12 years net spend £250mill which would have been the figure DavidMoores would have been able to put in and the reason he sold it as he realised this would not be enough to compete with City Chelsea or UTD.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #2464: Jan 02, 2022 09:42:13 pm
      "I am proud and humbled," Henry said. "We have a lot of work to do, and I can't tell you how happy I am that [the deal] has been completed. We're here to win. We have a tradition of winning. We'll do whatever we need to do."

NESV chairman Thomas Werner added: "We recognise that Liverpool Football Club is an historic institution ultimately grounded in the community and the fans.

"Our first step as new owners will be to listen. We want to hear from the manager and the players and those who are part of the daily operation of the club.

"We will be visible at Anfield and will embrace and listen to those who have stood by this club and who are the rock on which its future success will be built.

"We want to hear from the fans, local leaders and the local community. We want to hear from those who know LFC best, who have made it the best and share our desire to return to a culture of winning."
      what a load of bolox this turned out to be. 12 years net spend £250mill which would have been the figure DavidMoores would have been able to put in and the reason he sold it as he realised this would not be enough to compete with City Chelsea or UTD.

'A return to a culture of winning'

Is that what he said? Pretty sure that's exactly what has happened.

Along with having players the envy of the league and Europe.

One of the best GK in the world.

Best RB and a generational talent.

Best LB in the league and among the best in Europe.

Best CB in the World.

Front three/four the envy of most with the best player in the world.

Forgot this is the Klopp thread so to close the best manager in the World who despite what you think loves working with these sh*te owners who have returned us to a culture of winning.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #2465: Jan 02, 2022 10:01:36 pm
      No manager in the world, other than Jürgen, wins anything under FSG's business model. This man is irreplaceable.

FSG fanboys can say what they like, there's no one in the world that wins even a Carabao Cup with that sell to buy policy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2466: Jan 02, 2022 10:03:05 pm
      No manager in the world, other than Jürgen, wins anything under FSG's business model. This man is irreplaceable.

FSG fanboys can say what they like, there's no one in the world that wins even a Carabao Cup with that sell to buy policy.

Can tell we dropped points when you return

Didn’t we win the league Cup before Klopp arrived 🤔
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #2467: Jan 02, 2022 10:06:06 pm

And a win away from another league title.

Add another European Cup final and we have been so close along the way added to the actual successes we've had as well

Still plenty to play for this season as well
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2468: Jan 02, 2022 10:11:51 pm

There is no bollocks there whatsoever. He's mentioned nothing about money or made any promises of amounts they're going to spend. All he mentioned was that they wanted to return to a culture of winning. This team has won the title and European Cup in the last 2/3 years and are in a semi final next week, sitting comfortably in the top four and competing in the knockout stages of the European Cup. A world apart from where we were at the time the quote was made

This is the Klopp thread anyway so no idea why you're posting decade old quotes from the owners which were made years before Klopp even joined.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2469: Jan 02, 2022 10:12:40 pm

Give him a break. Probably only started supporting us in 2019 😂
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #2470: Jan 02, 2022 10:13:24 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #2471: Jan 02, 2022 10:17:11 pm
      There is no bollocks there whatsoever. He's mentioned nothing about money or made any promises of amounts they're going to spend. All he mentioned was that they wanted to return to a culture of winning. This team has won the title and European Cup in the last 2/3 years and are in a semi final next week, sitting comfortably in the top four and competing in the knockout stages of the European Cup. A world apart from where we were at the time the quote was made

This is the Klopp thread anyway so no idea why you're posting decade old quotes from the owners which were made years before Klopp even joined.

He has posted about them all over the board in multiple threads - must be going a bit cuckoo
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #2472: Jan 02, 2022 10:27:44 pm
      And a win away from another league title.

Add another European Cup final and we have been so close along the way added to the actual successes we've had as well

Still plenty to play for this season as well

I get that, I really do

But this is where I don’t get the black and white argument of it all

Yes we have achieved so much under them, yes there is so much we should be grateful for (all of us) but if there was now a bit more investment…….

What could we achieve if so?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2473: Jan 02, 2022 10:30:58 pm
      I get that, I really do

Yes we have achieved so much under them, yes there is so much we should be grateful for (all of us) but if there was now a bit more investment…….

This is kind of where I’m at too. Don’t get me wrong, I have loved what we’ve won and becoming a force again.

But I can’t help but feel we should actually have a little more to show for how good we have been and if the owners pushed the boat out just a little more we wouldn’t have to make every season such a challenge.

I think with some proper investment (and I guess ‘proper’ is subjective) we would have a few more major trophies under our belt.

We need to win more whilst Jürgen is at the helm because this is a golden era for us in terms of quality we have available.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #2474: Jan 02, 2022 10:48:28 pm
      I get that, I really do

Who knows mate?

And I'm not being awkward but I honestly don't know. Given the manager is very loyal to his players would he even want more players and ship players out?

I'm not convinced it's as clear cut as just buying more quality and is a lot more nuanced than that.

If Jürgen was given the chance to sign a number 8 but that meant he couldn't get Harvey Elliott into the side would he have went for it? I'm not totally convinced he would.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2475: Jan 10, 2022 08:27:32 am
      Big week ahead now for Jürgen and the boys

Semi final on Thursday. Then hopefully chelsea xan slow up city and we then beat Brentford to close the gap
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2476: Jan 10, 2022 10:06:51 am
      Big week ahead now for Jürgen and the boys

Semi final on Thursday. Then hopefully chelsea xan slow up city and we then beat Brentford to close the gap

Massive 2 weeks tbf. for Klopp & the squad.

Make or break for the domestic season Id say.

Positive side we could close the gap on city and be in a cup final.

Negative, could be out the cup and fall further behind city.

Salah and co back in time to smash Cardiff in the FA cup.  :lmao:

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2477: Jan 10, 2022 03:20:34 pm
      You. Wouldn’t know what Arsenal team we are going to face after watching yesterday’s game, will be a big week in our season
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #2478: Jan 11, 2022 01:46:45 pm
      You. Wouldn’t know what Arsenal team we are going to face after watching yesterday’s game, will be a big week in our season

Just batter the cockney cu*ts.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2479: Jan 11, 2022 07:15:43 pm

What ! Oh when he finished his potty training you mean ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #2480: Jan 12, 2022 01:02:37 pm
      Hahahaha Klopp drinking out of a "Normal One" branded cup in his presser
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2481: Jan 12, 2022 11:40:00 pm
      Hahahaha Klopp drinking out of a "Normal One" branded cup in his presser

Saw that  :D I sniggered to myself  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2482: Jan 16, 2022 11:39:39 pm
      350th game in charge, 230th win

Good on ye boss
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2483: Jan 17, 2022 08:38:56 am
      350th game in charge, 230th win

Good on ye boss

Phenomenal record Brian, biggest mistake he made was coming to you lot.  ;D

Quick Reply