Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431302 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2829: Jun 28, 2022 10:14:27 pm
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 82 
      Reply #2830: Jun 29, 2022 01:15:33 pm
      Klopp a better manager than Rafa, never had Rafa as the best in the world like I do Klopp

Rafa never had the player material that Klopp has now. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2831: Jun 29, 2022 02:38:25 pm

Yeah and we know why that is don’t  we???
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2832: Jun 29, 2022 02:49:03 pm

Tell us why Keith, assuming you are a reasonably sensible fella(for a Manc), I’m hoping you are referring to Herpes & Gonorrhoea’s( we’re only here for the money) tenure ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2833: Jun 29, 2022 04:04:11 pm

Tell us why Keith, assuming you are a reasonably sensible fella(for a Manc), I’m hoping you are referring to Herpes & Gonorrhoea’s( we’re only here for the money) tenure ?

twit and tw*t prevented Rafa from achieving this clubs potential we will never know how far he could have taken us but Istanbul and then Cardiff followed by Athens proves he was on the right lines . I feel certain Jurgern would not have come near this club if Twit and tw*t were in control
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2834: Jun 29, 2022 06:48:04 pm

Waiting for him to answer first mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2835: Jun 29, 2022 07:02:46 pm

apart form twit and tw*t we also had a gobs***e of a Chief Exec with Parry until he left followed by another one after. Jürgen is head of a much greater pool of talent at the club and that includes off field management.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2836: Jun 29, 2022 07:04:10 pm

to be fair mate I dont think a good dose of antibiotics would have cured us of the two idiots they were like a raging attack of Covid on the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #2837: Jun 30, 2022 02:32:21 pm

Oh this should be good, go on armchair explain?

I'll list Reina, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Carragher, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres.

That's two players short of what our best team under Rafa was.

It's not hard to say that in 09 we were just pipped by a slightly more experienced Man U team.

At the time the majority of those players would walk into most Premier League teams.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,458 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2838: Jul 01, 2022 08:12:33 am
      Oh this should be good, go on armchair explain?

I'll list Reina, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Carragher, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres.

That's two players short of what our best team under Rafa was.

It's not hard to say that in 09 we were just pipped by a slightly more experienced Man U team.

At the time the majority of those players would walk into most Premier League teams.

spot on mate. And Klopp would have loved all of those guys.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2839: Jul 01, 2022 10:16:31 am
      spot on mate. And Klopp would have loved all of those guys.

not sure about Jerzy, Jimmy ,Baros, Harry etc winning the CL with that squad is still beyond anyones dreams.
      Jürgen has got hold of the club and his positivity radiates throughout it. I am excited about this season because I think Jürgen might be about to go full heavy metal again and look to destroy teams can't wait
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,458 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2840: Jul 01, 2022 10:59:19 am
      not sure about Jerzy, Jimmy ,Baros, Harry etc winning the CL with that squad is still beyond anyones dreams.
      Jürgen has got hold of the club and his positivity radiates throughout it. I am excited about this season because I think Jürgen might be about to go full heavy metal again and look to destroy teams can't wait

Defo punched above our weight with that squad.

And yea, this season is gonna be exciting, the quality & youth in attack is potentially gonna be awesome.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2841: Jul 01, 2022 04:13:41 pm
      Who would not want to play for Jürgen and LFC that combination must have been pivotal for Mo thankyou Jürgen
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #2842: Jul 03, 2022 11:59:37 pm
      Quote from 0112358

If Jürgen had world class footballers at their peak to choose from such as Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia, Torres, Masch, Reina, Carragher etc, he would have won us another 6 major trophies at least, not teaching us all to unquestionably believe that finishing in the top 4 every year was success, and ludicrously claiming that we don't need to win trophies to make progress.

Jürgen has never been fired from a job in his life, in 20 years of high intensity high pressure, football management year in year out. You have to have outstanding people skills as well as management skills to have that kind of record, as well as the silverware to go with it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2843: Jul 04, 2022 11:39:14 am
      If Jürgen had world class footballers at their peak to choose from such as Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia, Torres, Masch, Reina, Carragher etc, he would have won us another 6 major trophies at least, not teaching us all to unquestionably believe that finishing in the top 4 every year was success, and ludicrously claiming that we don't need to win trophies to make progress.

Jürgen has never been fired from a job in his life, in 20 years of high intensity high pressure, football management year in year out. You have to have outstanding people skills as well as management skills to have that kind of record, as well as the silverware to go with it.

more anti Rafa bollox. He won the CL with Jimmy Traore and Milan Baros you don't mention the likes of them and there are plenty to add to that list.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2844: Jul 04, 2022 12:42:09 pm

Don’t you ever reply ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2845: Jul 05, 2022 12:19:17 am

It was much much more of a miracle than what any other side in Europe has achieved, Munts got extremely lucky when Bayern wiped the floor with them, except the last few minutes, and it’s those last few minutes that are remembered,

In our case, the ‘05’ final will always be remembered for 4 specific moments in the game, the entire first half where we got caught with our pants down and were taught a lesson, Ste’s header to start the pendulum swing, Xavi’s soft penalty and slotted rebound, Jerzy’s wonder save( how the f**k did he do that?) and for me Shevchenko bottling his pen in the shootout,

Oh and just in case you have forgotten, the starting line up’s for KO……..

AC MILAN…..Dida, Cafu, Nesta,Stam, Maldini, Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Crespo

REDMEN….. Dudek, Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Traore, Riise, Gerrard, Alonso, Kewell, Garcia, Baros

In essence it was men V boys, 11 world class players Vs our two, Carlo still shakes his head wondering how the f**k did we lose that ?

I’ll never ever forget that night, my wee boy was only 5months old, and my Late Mate Martin Neath( miss u ya pr**k !) a Blackburn fan, watched it together, he said at HT may as well f**k off, your not winning this, we never ever give up I said, deep down thought we were fu**ed tbh, but wasn’t telling him that, the rest is history, but look at that Milan side, absolute class from back to front, those names just roll off the tongue  what a team, then you look at us….and with a f***in Massive Smile…and say How the actual F**k did we beat that unbelievable side ??

Sporting history books will tell you of the Miracle at Medina, but for me the Miracle @ the Ataturk was/is as big if not bigger !!

Y  N  W  A                 
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2022 12:26:28 am by billythered »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2846: Jul 05, 2022 11:14:39 am

It was much much more of a miracle than what any other side in Europe has achieved, Munts got extremely lucky when Bayern wiped the floor with them, except the last few minutes, and it’s those last few minutes that are remembered,

In our case, the ‘05’ final will always be remembered for 4 specific moments in the game, the entire first half where we got caught with our pants down and were taught a lesson, Ste’s header to start the pendulum swing, Xavi’s soft penalty and slotted rebound, Jerzy’s wonder save( how the f**k did he do that?) and for me Shevchenko bottling his pen in the shootout,

Oh and just in case you have forgotten, the starting line up’s for KO……..

AC MILAN…..Dida, Cafu, Nesta,Stam, Maldini, Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Crespo

REDMEN….. Dudek, Finnan, Carra, Hyypia, Traore, Riise, Gerrard, Alonso, Kewell, Garcia, Baros

In essence it was men V boys, 11 world class players Vs our two, Carlo still shakes his head wondering how the f**k did we lose that ?

I’ll never ever forget that night, my wee boy was only 5months old, and my Late Mate Martin Neath( miss u ya pr**k !) a Blackburn fan, watched it together, he said at HT may as well f**k off, your not winning this, we never ever give up I said, deep down thought we were fu**ed tbh, but wasn’t telling him that, the rest is history, but look at that Milan side, absolute class from back to front, those names just roll off the tongue  what a team, then you look at us….and with a f***in Massive Smile…and say How the actual F**k did we beat that unbelievable side ??

Sporting history books will tell you of the Miracle at Medina, but for me the Miracle @ the Ataturk was/is as big if not bigger !!

Y  N  W  A                 

biggest puzzle for me is how the F**k can it be over 17 years ago now.
      that night made us relevant again people noticed us all over the world again.
      Jürgen has made us relevant and if it weren't for the disgusting way City buy success he would have 3 EPL titles.
      The club is solid now all pulling in the same direction .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #2847: Jul 05, 2022 11:40:31 am

Unqualified bollox!
      The owners never had any faith in Rafa and refused to back him, a lack of soccer basic knowledge in the early stages of their ownership was also to blame.
      Jürgen Klopp acknowledged as the best manager in the world agreed to take the reins and everything changed, FSG got behind him and we are were we are.
      FSG talk about "playing the long game" which is a euphemism for keeping your hands in your pockets, fortunately for them we have a manager who has the skill to cope with their euphemisms and false economies.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,458 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2848: Jul 05, 2022 01:02:12 pm
      biggest puzzle for me is how the f**k can it be over 17 years ago now.
      that night made us relevant again people noticed us all over the world again.
      Jürgen has made us relevant and if it weren't for the disgusting way City buy success he would have 3 EPL titles.
      The club is solid now all pulling in the same direction .

Its fekin nuts, My kids were 1 at the time. its true what they say, as soon as you have kids, time goes differently. ;D
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #2849: Jul 05, 2022 03:45:20 pm
      Never a fan of comparing managers. They all had their way of doing the job. Rafa will always have my respect regardless of what Jürgen or anybody else does for us.

I always forget who scored and who missed in '05  the shoot out pens..and have to look it up..

Hamann,Cisse and Smicer scored..Riise missed..3

Tomasson, Kaka scored..Serginho, Pirlo..and Shevchenko missed their 5th pen..2

but was Stevie hoping Shevchenko would score so he could step and get all the glory..maybe not..

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2850: Jul 05, 2022 08:01:43 pm
      Great manager my only reservation is the size of squad, far to small in depth to challenge in all the competitions we do, run out of steam again last season many players surfing fatigue could have rested Robbo more than he did, and we never beat any of the top three in games home and away, Spurs, Chelsea and City had we beat one of them we won the League, both cups we won were on penalties, fine margins but are we going to make the same mistake with what looks like a no bigger or smaller squad than last year….. I hope not
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2851: Jul 05, 2022 08:39:08 pm
      Great manager my only reservation is the size of squad, far to small in depth to challenge in all the competitions we do, run out of steam again last season many players surfing fatigue could have rested Robbo more than he did, and we never beat any of the top three in games home and away, Spurs, Chelsea and City had we beat one of them we won the League, both cups we won were on penalties, fine margins but are we going to make the same mistake with what looks like a no bigger or smaller squad than last year….. I hope not

maybe winning the two domestic trophies  means the pressure for silverware is off this season and we can go for the EPL now and play youth in the Cups.The big  obstacle is the WC who knows how that will F**k things up

Quick Reply