Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430600 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2990: Sep 09, 2022 12:44:07 pm
      I trust in Klopp but I really don't see what he see's when playing Milner, I have not felt this way about a player so out of form since Glenn Johnson towards the end of his career here.

We need to get our mojo back and we can't do that by playing the same way and the same players over and over again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2991: Sep 09, 2022 01:13:28 pm
      I think Klopp’s loyalty is sometimes is downfall.

Not necessarily to Milner but he thinks players like Thiago, Keita, Curtis, Ox can stay injury free.

A more ruthless manager like let’s say Bob  Paisley they would have been gone.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2992: Sep 09, 2022 02:01:20 pm
      Robby mate, and anyone else beating the, ‘we’re missing’  the Sadio drum, has got absolutely F**k all to do with our current demise, we’ve seen major players leave before, it’s simply coincidental our form has left us  so soon after Mane landing in Munich,

No one knows exactly why, Jürgen nor Pep don’t either but as sure as there lying b***ard Tories around they’ll be trying to find solutions, Jürgen alluding to reinventing ourselves should pr**k everyone’s ears, that means he Pep and his staff have a plan, rumours afoot that it’s Jürgen’s 7 year itch rearing it’s ugly head as it did at Mainz 05 & BvB, but he didn’t have Pep Ljinders back then,

Regarding the press, when at their optimum Mo Bobby & Mane were instrumental, first line of defence, especially Bobby, Lallana was another, other’s also like Hendo, Milner, Gini, and to a lesser extent Naby, all of them became the squeezers if you like, play the high line then squeeze the space between halfway and their box,

We don’t have the same pressing intensity those mentioned had, Lallana going was filled by Gini, Gini going Naby filled the void, with Naby almost gone/missing again, we don’t have the legs in Milner, Hendo to squeeze how we used to, you could argue at a stretch that we miss Gini more then we’ll miss Mane for those exact reasons mentioned, and now with Nunez coming in it’s different again,

The ‘Reinvention’ will be a very interesting tweak let’s just say ??

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2993: Sep 09, 2022 02:02:59 pm
      Milner, Harvey and Fabio should not be starters but then we have 4 injury prone midfielders so what choice does Jürgen have. We have been on the coat tails of City for 4 seasons closer to anyone else but we have missed the boat this transfer window and top four is our only reasonable goal now
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2994: Sep 09, 2022 08:53:06 pm
      To play a high line your midfield absolutely must press.

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2022 09:23:47 pm by Rush »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2995: Sep 09, 2022 09:36:50 pm

Without Naby that isn't easy . Only Thiago comes close
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2996: Sep 09, 2022 09:48:06 pm

Been saying that’s what is missing for ages. Opposition midfield are getting too much time and space.
      If our midfield continue like it, the back line has to drop to cover the space behind.
      Can’t understand why it hasn’t happened 🤷‍♂️
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #2997: Sep 10, 2022 07:49:32 am
      Whatever happen no one in world football will question Klopps ability in managing a football team.
      Only if he still want to stay and owner still fully support him I can't see why we not back to the right way again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2998: Sep 11, 2022 09:22:22 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/62826916

The manager expects the owners to allow him to sign players, but we all know the reply - find someone to sell or use your own money!
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2022 09:28:53 pm by stuey »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #2999: Sep 12, 2022 06:36:50 am

The manager expects the owners to allow him to sign players, but we all know the reply - find someone to sell or use your own money!

I agree with our owners' stance. It has helped us become a successful team and a very profitable and hence sustainable club. Why sacrifice something if we're getting both. Ok, we might have made a mistake this transfer window, but who does not? Man City does, but since it has “almost” unlimited resources, it can afford it. That's our cross, competing against one of the two biggest team financially in Europe.

We'll sort it out, in "our" way, the Liverpool way, as it has been done since Klopp has been appointed.

I wish we had signed a CM but what do you do of Keita and Ox? I hoped they would succeed here till now. I'm done, and I think Klopp too wanted to give them their chance but both failed to seize it, again. Now, we need to turn that page, painfully and do what Klopp has been doing ever since he's been here: improve. I'm not pro-Klopp, I often doubted him but now it's not only down to him, the team needs to refreshen up and we need to do our best with what we have, that's it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #3000: Sep 12, 2022 07:04:04 am

He wasn't talking about being allowed to sign players. He was talking about being allowed to stay and fix things, as in he wasn't fearing the sack as we have owners who aren't like others.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3001: Sep 12, 2022 08:42:22 am
      He wasn't talking about being allowed to sign players. He was talking about being allowed to stay and fix things, as in he wasn't fearing the sack as we have owners who aren't like others.

So the word "Fix" is up for interpretation here. But they all go along the lines of Time, Resources and Opportunity.

Napoli 4-1 Liverpool: Jürgen Klopp says 'we have to reinvent ourselves'
      Jürgen Klopp says Liverpool have to 'reinvent themselves' following their 4-1 defeat away to Napoli in the opening round of the Champions League.
      Asked about his future, the Liverpool manager responded by saying that he expects the owners to allow him to fix their recent poor form.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/62826916

For some, fix means to buy players - no doubt that is the fastest way to winning trophies. If anyone doesn't believe, just replace our whole squad with the Balon D'or list of players just to prove a point, although that is very expensive and difficult to execute. If a team has all the best players in the whole wide world, winning is easier. Easy to execute on the computer with a simple hack but not in the actual world. Player Resources.

As you have pointed out, fix can also mean being allowed to stay and rectify things. Opportunity and Time.

At the end of the day I believe FSG will support player resources to some extent. Hopefully within reasonable levels. But for those who are unhappy that there is no wild spending going on, do not expect a ridiculous handout since they are not oil Sheikhs and do not run the club like City.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3002: Sep 12, 2022 02:20:30 pm
      Reporter: "It is difficult to not play for 6 days because you lose your rhythm?"

Klopp: "What rhythm? Did you see our games. We want to lose this rhythm."

Never change Jürgen!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3003: Sep 12, 2022 02:29:29 pm

In the context of him and not someone else doing the signings.
      He's definitely referencing Chelsea sacking Tuchel.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #3004: Sep 12, 2022 02:59:41 pm
      I suspect reinvention will not involve a dramatic change in formation but one or two changes to personnel and the way they are playing, as well as getting back to the rudiments of our success -- hard work, high intensity pressing, good organisation, quick tempo to our passing and movement.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3005: Sep 12, 2022 05:12:01 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3006: Sep 12, 2022 05:48:06 pm

He’s a very tactile person and not in the least bit offending when discussing issues which I find admirable. Something that is lacking  in managers as a whole in the league. Your bless to have him.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3007: Sep 13, 2022 12:23:04 pm
      Big game for the Boss and his staff. Have to get the selection right and the subs, if they're needed in any serious capacity. Also vital that they get the mentality right starting the game. The defense has to be really wide awake and the whole team has to defend as a team, not in pockets and without 100% commitment.

Think he'll start Matip tonight, organised cool defender and gives us a bit more with his forward runs.

Ali
      Trent, Matip, VVD, Kostas
      Elliott, Fabinho,Thiago
      Mo, Nunez, Diaz.

could try this front 6.

Fabinho Thiago
            Bobby
      Mo, Nunez, Diaz
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3008: Sep 13, 2022 12:53:11 pm
      He’s a very tactile person and not in the least bit offending when discussing issues which I find admirable. Something that is lacking  in managers as a whole in the league. Your bless to have him.

There is no better signing and will be no better signing than when Klopp signed for Liverpool.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3009: Sep 14, 2022 01:42:54 am
      The relief on his face when that final whislte went, just felt like the weight of the World had been taken off his shoulders!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #3010: Sep 14, 2022 08:34:42 am
      The relief on his face when that final whislte went, just felt like the weight of the World had been taken off his shoulders!
      I had a similar expression on my face after the final whistle.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3011: Sep 14, 2022 08:52:22 am
      I had a similar expression on my face after the final whistle.

We were all Jürgen mate!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #3012: Sep 14, 2022 10:21:48 am

In the context of our abysmal start to the season and our horrific injury crisis and lack of quality in depth, the best manager in the world cannot polish sh*te when under financial restraint.
      Jürgen Klopp once again using subtle comment in the hope of getting some dosh to galvanise LFC.

Quick Reply