Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 442148 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3013: Sep 14, 2022 12:32:13 pm
      In the context of our abysmal start to the season and our horrific injury crisis and lack of quality in depth, the best manager in the world cannot polish sh*te when under financial restraint.
      Jürgen Klopp once again using subtle comment in the hope of getting some dosh to galvanise LFC.

But he didn't. It was clearly a reference to Tuchel getting fired.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #3014: Sep 14, 2022 12:37:47 pm
      But he didn't. It was clearly a reference to Tuchel getting fired.

Yep. Literally exactly what he was talking about.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #3015: Sep 14, 2022 01:06:15 pm
      So there was no reinvention, same system just with better players 🙂
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3016: Sep 14, 2022 01:23:22 pm
      So there was no reinvention, same system just with better players 🙂

High quality players back meaning the midfield actually presses.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3017: Sep 14, 2022 02:28:36 pm
      Quote from stuey link=topic=51106.msg2501131#msg2501131  date=1663147308
      In the context of our abysmal start to the season and our horrific injury crisis and lack of quality in depth, the best manager in the world cannot polish sh*te when under financial restraint.
      Jürgen Klopp once again using subtle comment in the hope of getting some dosh to galvanise LFC.

Which financial restraints are these Stuey ??   :f_whistle:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3018: Sep 14, 2022 03:11:22 pm
      focus has been on midfield but lets not forget what the best front three in world football was is no more Sadio has gone Bobby and Mo not at their peak any longer.
      Anyone else think Jürgen looked to have lost a lot of weight and just doesnt seem himself at the moment.
      One constant  I hope is our total belief in Jürgen
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #3019: Sep 14, 2022 04:49:04 pm

Which financial restraints are these Stuey ??   :f_whistle:

It seems the only means of getting the midfielder for instance is by way of sell to buy, in light of there being no saleable candidates the manager has been dropping hints hoping the owners will listen regarding our shambolic midfield situation.
      You're right Billy he might as well whistle in the wind.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #3020: Sep 14, 2022 05:10:44 pm
      Also like The Boss' comments regarding that Boehly suggesting an all-star Premier League game.

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp is unimpressed by new Chelsea owner Todd Boehly's idea of a US style 'All-Star game' in the Premier League.

Boehly, part-owner of baseball team the LA Dodgers, and basketball sides the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Sparks, suggested a north v south game.

He said he hopes the Premier League "takes a little bit of a lesson from American sports".

Klopp said: "Does he want to bring the Harlem Globetrotters as well?"

The German was asked about Boehly's idea after Tuesday's 2-1 win over Ajax in the Champions League.

Earlier in the day at a conference in New York, the American said: "Why don't we do a tournament with the bottom four sports teams, why isn't there an All-Star game?

"People are talking about more money for the pyramid, in the MLB All-Star game this year we made $200m (£173m) from a Monday and a Tuesday.

"So we're thinking we could do a north versus south All-Star game for the Premier League, for whatever the pyramid needed, quite easily."

The NBA's All-Star game takes place during the regular season, in February, and pits players from the Eastern Conference against the Western Conference. The starting line-ups for the exhibition match are selected via fan, player, and media voting, with head coaches selecting the reserves for each 12-strong team.

Klopp, who has previously been critical of the crowded football schedule, responded: "When he finds a date for that he can call me. In American sports these players have four-month breaks.

"Maybe he can explain that. I'm not sure people want to see that - [Manchester] United players, Liverpool players, Everton players all together. North-east too, so Newcastle. It is not the national team. All the London guys together, Arsenal, Tottenham, great. Did he really say it?"

When asked what his fellow football club owners would think about an All-Star game Boehly said: "Everyone likes the idea of more revenue for the league.

"I think there's a real cultural aspect, I think evolution will come."

Boehly, who led a consortium to a £4.25bn takeover of Chelsea in May, also put forward the suggestion that relegation places for the top-flight could be decided by a four-team tournament, rather than the usual format of the three bottom sides going down automatically.

There is no relegation in the major sports in the US, with the worst performing teams getting first picks of new talent in a draft which leads to accusations of teams "tanking" for an improved pick.

"The economics of going into the Championship are materially different," he added.

"When you go into the Championship those numbers fall off a cliff. So there's no one thinking about tanking, and those relegation games are some of the highest broadcast games."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62899010
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #3021: Sep 14, 2022 08:13:47 pm
      So Boehly has been here for a few weeks and wants to restructure the whole football system. 😂😂😂😂

If you don’t like what it is, why the F**k would you invest over £4 billion into it ?

What a total muppet !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3022: Sep 15, 2022 12:59:55 am
      F**k of Boehemian, stop trying to throw your American BS into The Beautiful Game!

If it was upto you, you'd probably want to go to a commercial, every time the ball goes out of play!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3023: Sep 15, 2022 10:28:21 am
      F**k of Boehemian, stop trying to throw your American BS into The Beautiful Game!

If it was upto you, you'd probably want to go to a commercial, every time the ball goes out of play!

Yep Yank sports are sh*te, imo, baseball for instance, f***in glorified rounders, tell me what’s different, bloke with ball chucks to bloke with bat, bloke with bat attempts to smash the ball as far as poss, then runs to wee mounds of dirt 4 x in a square to score 1 run, it’s terribly exciting folks, so excited in fact it’s only played in Yank land but they call it the WORLD series, how the F**k can you be world champions??

Yank football, don’t make me laugh, they wear more pads than women at the menstrual cycling world championships and just like this so called sport, NOT very appealing, another sport they like is called chucking their weight around but their not very good at it, they keep getting their ass whooped, Vietnam, Cambodia, Afghanistan…yada yada yada…GET IN THE HOLE ….from 400 yards out…ffs, this Boely Cnut needs to shut the F**k and F**k off with trying to Americanise our beautiful game !!

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it , Simples!

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3024: Sep 15, 2022 10:33:04 am
      Dont forget our owners are AMERICAN
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3025: Sep 15, 2022 10:56:45 am

So our mine what difference does that make.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3026: Sep 15, 2022 11:10:22 am

maybe but the heart and soul belongs to the City and the fans they can never buy that
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3027: Sep 15, 2022 12:37:08 pm

I think that process has begun a while ago with the introduction of "Water Break". Yes I understand if it weather conditions are cruel they should break for hydration but over the years the standard in terms of when the game requires one are lower and lower and sure at some point someone will decide to pull the trigger and before you know it will be a regular thing.

As for the all-star game, as someone who grew up with American sport culture the all-star how I see it is for the kids and trying to get their interest into the sport (as that is goal now of sport leagues who are in competition with other entertainment industries.

Not that I think it would ever fly but I do chuckle at some of the outage reading comments about it (though these days everyone is outraged about something). Not much I would like to see football adopt from American sport culture (probably salary cap but that would unlikely to ever happen)
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #3028: Sep 15, 2022 01:38:52 pm
      So our mine what difference does that make.  ;D

A difference of 200 mn. :P
      Our net spend is at 8mn, a meagre 200mn less than United's.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #3029: Sep 15, 2022 02:37:43 pm
      It seems the only means of getting the midfielder for instance is by way of sell to buy, in light of there being no saleable candidates the manager has been dropping hints hoping the owners will listen regarding our shambolic midfield situation.
      You're right Billy he might as well whistle in the wind.

Odd since we apparently bid around 100m for that cat that went to Madrid. I guess maybe we'd have had to sell Salah had he decided to come here?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3030: Sep 15, 2022 02:41:36 pm
      A difference of 200 mn. :P
      Our net spend is at 8mn, a meagre 200mn less than United's.

Pretty sure you’d like to be spending more though.  ;) Especially to try and keep up with City  :f_whistle:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #3031: Sep 15, 2022 02:45:28 pm
      Odd since we apparently bid around 100m for that cat that went to Madrid. I guess maybe we'd have had to sell Salah had he decided to come here?

I would imagine the way we tend to structure our deals it would have been more attractive to Monaco to have a larger up front fee.
      Or maybe Madrid just offered him better wages.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #3032: Sep 15, 2022 02:48:54 pm
      I would imagine the way we tend to structure our deals it would have been more attractive to Monaco to have a larger up front fee.
      Or maybe Madrid just offered him better wages.

He wanted to play for another team instead. It happens.

"Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain are among other teams who pursued the France international. Jürgen Klopp called Tchouaméni in the hope of convincing him to move to Anfield but the player was interested only in Madrid. PSG walked away from negotiations last Friday on that basis, having been ready to pay the highest fee with a guaranteed €100m."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/07/real-madrid-agree-100m-deal-to-sign-aurelien-tchouameni-from-monaco
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #3033: Sep 15, 2022 02:58:35 pm

Our "apparent" bids appear to be just that, nothing materialises.
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2022 03:06:12 pm by stuey »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #3034: Sep 15, 2022 03:02:09 pm
      He wanted to play for another team instead. It happens.

"Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain are among other teams who pursued the France international. Jürgen Klopp called Tchouaméni in the hope of convincing him to move to Anfield but the player was interested only in Madrid. PSG walked away from negotiations last Friday on that basis, having been ready to pay the highest fee with a guaranteed €100m."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/07/real-madrid-agree-100m-deal-to-sign-aurelien-tchouameni-from-monaco

Shame there is no other player like this in the world of football as we clearly have the money 🙈

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #3035: Sep 15, 2022 03:33:01 pm
      Our "apparent" bids appear to be just that, nothing materialises.

Yes, because the player chose another team. It happens.

Quick Reply