Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431297 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3036: Sep 15, 2022 03:33:41 pm
      Shame there is no other player like this in the world of football as we clearly have the money 🙈

Bellingham?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3037: Sep 15, 2022 03:48:02 pm

Erm different players really one a DM and the other a No8.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #3038: Sep 15, 2022 04:29:23 pm
      Curious but was Haaland another who simply preferred another team for footballing reasons or were we just not prepared to pay the wages? I think if wages, it starts to look a bit silly given his low fee somewhat offsets the wage; his incredible goalscoring form, age and potential.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3039: Sep 15, 2022 05:50:45 pm
      Curious but was Haaland another who simply preferred another team for footballing reasons or were we just not prepared to pay the wages? I think if wages, it starts to look a bit silly given his low fee somewhat offsets the wage; his incredible goalscoring form, age and potential.

It's not a low fee is it, why do people think the 51mill was the only fee?! Never in a million years were this club and the way it's run going to pay 30mill to an agent as part of the deal. It's also reported that after 2 years a release clause becomes active to leave for around 140mill and the chances are Madrid will be going in for him then. So the club, on top of paying 30mill to an agent, aren't going to do a deal like that, pay him an astronomical wage and signing on fee when he could up and leave in 2 years time.
      Other than being a goalscorer, Haaland has proved that he doesn't stick around long at a club so IMO City are dreaming if they think they have him for more than a couple of seasons, 3 at the most. He will end up at Madrid, PSG and probably Italy at one time or another.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3040: Sep 15, 2022 05:52:13 pm
      Pretty sure you’d like to be spending more though.  ;) Especially to try and keep up with City  :f_whistle:

I wouldn’t Keith, well not the amounts your noisy fuckwits have at their disposal, the beautiful game was already ruined before the Fraudsters poured fuel on the fire, so no F**k that, the more you have the more greedier you become, I’m quite happy as things are although I don’t think Jürgen, or any manager of LFC should have to got to Boston with a begging bowl, if we need a certain player and that certain player fits the system I’d like to think we could bring that certain player in without too much communication with FSG, and unlike the noisy Fraudsters we won’t buy players so to prevent them joining rival clubs, ie, Grealish.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3041: Sep 15, 2022 06:04:57 pm

I wouldn’t Keith, well not the amounts your noisy fuckwits have at their disposal, the beautiful game was already ruined before the Fraudsters poured fuel on the fire, so no f**k that, the more you have the more greedier you become, I’m quite happy as things are although I don’t think Jürgen, or any manager of LFC should have to got to Boston with a begging bowl, if we need a certain player and that certain player fits the system I’d like to think we could bring that certain player in without too much communication with FSG, and unlike the noisy Fraudsters we won’t buy players so to prevent them joining rival clubs, ie, Grealish.

I’m no longer bothered how much we spend now mate if it can get us some success. Obviously over the last ten years United have proved money doesn’t guarantee it. However, better you have it than you don’t is my moto. United desperate for a striker just like you lot need one or two midfielders.

Mind you, be nice to pinch Jude under your noses in January if possible.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3042: Sep 15, 2022 08:26:36 pm
      I’m no longer bothered how much we spend now mate if it can get us some success. Obviously over the last ten years United have proved money doesn’t guarantee it. However, better you have it than you don’t is my moto. United desperate for a striker just like you lot need one or two midfielders.

Mind you, be nice to pinch Jude under your noses in January if possible.  :lmao:

your lot have spunked money out like it has gone out of fashion FFP has become nothing more than a sick joke
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #3043: Sep 15, 2022 08:39:32 pm
      Did the fact that Haaland's old man once played for City not make your favorite pub's news letter?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3044: Sep 15, 2022 09:01:27 pm
      It's not a low fee is it, why do people think the 51mill was the only fee?! Never in a million years were this club and the way it's run going to pay 30mill to an agent as part of the deal. It's also reported that after 2 years a release clause becomes active to leave for around 140mill and the chances are Madrid will be going in for him then. So the club, on top of paying 30mill to an agent, aren't going to do a deal like that, pay him an astronomical wage and signing on fee when he could up and leave in 2 years time.
      Other than being a goalscorer, Haaland has proved that he doesn't stick around long at a club so IMO City are dreaming if they think they have him for more than a couple of seasons, 3 at the most. He will end up at Madrid, PSG and probably Italy at one time or another.

Intriguing read KK and I certainly hope your right and he does fcuk off because if first looks  are anything to go by he’s the real deal. Obviously no one man can win you the league & CL but he’s doing a bloody good impression so far.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3045: Sep 15, 2022 09:02:31 pm
      your lot have spunked money out like it has gone out of fashion FFP has become nothing more than a sick joke

Agree on both counts, glad none of it was my money.  ;D
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #3046: Sep 15, 2022 09:09:50 pm

I think the criticism that he doesn't stick around long doesn't apply as at best that is speculation as to how he might behave in future. He was hardly going to stay around long at his previous cubs given he is one of the best young players in word football.

If we assume then that the fee was actually £80m inclusive of agents fees, which is still less than what we paid for Nunez, and factor in the astronomical wage of -- at a guess £400kp/w -- where our owners might only offer £200k p/w (being young and 'unproven') and he still decides after a couple of years playing at his dad's former club under one of the best managers in world football, probably having won at least one major trophy, 'you know what, feck all of this I'm off to Barcelona', he is sold for £140m ? So for two seasons they've had the services of one of the top 3 goalscorers in the world for free?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3047: Sep 16, 2022 05:34:18 pm
      Our "apparent" bids appear to be just that, nothing materialises.

An old Everton tactic!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3048: Sep 16, 2022 05:35:51 pm
      Did the fact that Haaland's old man once played for City not make your favorite pub's news letter?

So why didn't he join Leeds?

His arl fella was more a hero there than he was at City!!
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #3049: Sep 17, 2022 09:16:26 am
      Is the two wide players with the fullbacks nicked off Bayern Munich? Ribery & Robben, because that's our only ever formation now, if so wtf. We need different formations, it worked when Mane was here. he was the first great signing in the new era. It's not going to work when we've signed a big centre forward, Diaz is great but this isn't his game.
      Many coaching things need to go on, I look forward to this evolution of our team but somehow deep down I think Klopp will be stubborn and not shuffle people around or try ideas.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3050: Sep 22, 2022 07:01:28 pm
      New mural of Klopp has been done on a house close to the 12th Man pub.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3051: Sep 22, 2022 09:12:29 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #3052: Sep 23, 2022 03:35:12 pm
      Pep was fortunate to get the best of Messi. Now he's got a goal machine to do his talking. Good manager but if you have endless supply of the dosh it becomes a bit easier..Klopp is the better manager.To take this team to the heights on the budgets he has marks him out as the better manager. Not much in it though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3053: Sep 23, 2022 03:46:14 pm
      Pep was fortunate to get the best of Messi. Now he's got a goal machine to do his talking. Good manager but if you have endless supply of the dosh it becomes a bit easier..Klopp is the better manager.To take this team to the heights on the budgets he has marks him out as the better manager. Not much in it though.

This is why I changed my opinion on who the  best manager in the world was. Klopp done it with peanuts compared to Pep.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #3054: Sep 23, 2022 04:07:03 pm
      This is why I changed my opinion on who the  best manager in the world was. Klopp done it with peanuts compared to Pep.

Klopp..1 FA cup, 1 League cup, 1 Prem League 1 Champions league..

Pep (City) 1 FA Cup, 4 League cup,4 Prem League.

4 V 9.. On the face of it even facturing in the money Pep has it's very close. Probably the neutral would go for Pep. But Klopp is a one off. Little between the two.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3055: Sep 23, 2022 04:12:19 pm

4 V 9.. On the face of it even facturing in the money Pep has it's very close. Probably the neutral would go for Pep. But Klopp is a one off. Little between the two.

I'm a neutral and it's still Klopp for me.
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #3056: Sep 26, 2022 12:45:06 pm
      Really great point from OP.

What JK has achieved here is generational and he deserves more respect - especially from FSG. Happy to put our slow start behind us as a blip; Klopp in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3057: Sep 26, 2022 01:01:31 pm

Pep has admitted himself in the past that he needs to be at a team that can spend big on players. When he took over at City, in the first season they didn't win anything and was some distance behind the top 2 of Chelsea and Spurs. We were 4th on 76 points and Arsenal 5th on 75. So it was very close to not even getting top 4.

Meanwhile, he has always inherited title winning teams or at least teams who had won the league within the last couple of years. At Barca he inherited the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Messi. The players he was signing like Ibra, he was falling out with and then selling.

Bayern he inherited the likes of Robben and Ribery. City he inherited Kompany, Aguero, Silva, KDB etc.

He has never had to assemble a team himself, all he has had to do is make adjustments. I don't believe for a second he could have come anywhere near what Klopp has achieved, not only with Liverpool but at Dortmund too, on the budgets and level of backing he has had.

The fact that when his side aren't winning, he very rarely makes a substition, or more than 1 at most, IMO shows that when it's not going his teams way, he doesn't know how to change it about and largely relies on the starting players to just turn things around.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3058: Sep 27, 2022 09:07:33 pm
      Always said it. He’d be an abject failure everywhere he went without millions and millions to spend season on season.
      Could he do it at Villa, Watford, West Ham, Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield. ?
      Not s F***ing chance, and what’s more he knows it.
      He’d never consider a managerial job unless the huge spending was available. Hugely over rated I think.

Quick Reply