Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 447992 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,170 posts | 8548 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3128: Oct 02, 2022 01:39:23 pm
      Most of the team playing well under par as you know. You put your finger on it as to the reason why yet?

Think it's to do with a few tweaks to are game. But baffling to work out. We don't look as intense when Diaz doesn't start. That much was obvious in the first half.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3129: Oct 02, 2022 01:42:19 pm
      Think it's to do with a few tweaks to are game. But baffling to work out. We don't look as intense when Diaz doesn't start. That much was obvious in the first half.

Is one of the tweaks Salah being moved slightly?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,170 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3130: Oct 02, 2022 01:44:18 pm
      Is one of the tweaks Salah being moved slightly?

To me, looking at games I've been I'd say he's playing wider apart from late on or we're losing and he'll try and go more central.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #3131: Oct 02, 2022 01:48:23 pm
      I was worried by Kloppo's tone after Old Trafford. He sounded downbeat and subdued, as if he'd seen something that really concerned him.

Two thoughts for now. I'm puzzled that the sharpness and accuracy of our play against City in the Shield match has been so lacking since.

I believe that Mané's loss is being felt throughout the team. He so often lifted our level of performance with his ability to collect the ball deep and create danger when none seemed likely.
      Simply impossible for any one player's absence to have this effect.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,170 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3132: Oct 02, 2022 01:49:16 pm
      Simply impossible for any one player's absence to have this effect.

Not sure you know.

Cogs, machines etc.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #3133: Oct 02, 2022 01:52:53 pm
      Not sure you know.

Cogs, machines etc.
      Not a bad analogy, but not accurate in this case I'm afraid....Have another go
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,170 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3134: Oct 02, 2022 01:57:37 pm
      Not a bad analogy, but not accurate in this case I'm afraid....Have another go

Says who, you!!

What do you think the problem is? Don't give me analogy's, tell me what your eyes saw what was wrong on the pitch yesterday.

I know what I saw.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #3135: Oct 02, 2022 02:06:08 pm
      Says who, you!!

What do you think the problem is? Don't give me analogy's, tell me what your eyes saw what was wrong on the pitch yesterday.

I know what I saw.
      There was a lot wrong on the pitch yesterday...I've posted a hatful already. What the problem wasn't was Mane's absence, if it was then we're in more trouble than feared because I very much doubt he's coming back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,170 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3136: Oct 02, 2022 02:24:57 pm
      There was a lot wrong on the pitch yesterday...I've posted a hatful already. What the problem wasn't was Mane's absence, if it was then we're in more trouble than feared because I very much doubt he's coming back.

Well that's obvious.

So basically midfield getting walked through. A defence struggling to deal with what's thrown at them and a not fully functioning attack.

There's your starter for ten!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3137: Oct 02, 2022 09:22:59 pm
      Could the players just think, F**k we got within a point last season, these City cu*ts go out and buy Haaland who is banging them in for fun and the lads have just said to themselves, what hope have we F***ing got? What's the point?

I can only hope this isn't the case.

Sort them out Boss ASAP!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3138: Oct 02, 2022 09:33:57 pm
      Could the players just think, f**k we got within a point last season, these City cu*ts go out and buy Haaland who is banging them in for fun and the lads have just said to themselves, what hope have we f**king got? What's the point?

That’s a good point when you think about it. Even I’m thinking if United went out and bought another 4/5 top class players they still wouldn’t beat City.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3139: Oct 02, 2022 09:55:31 pm
      That’s a good point when you think about it. Even I’m thinking if United went out and bought another 4/5 top class players they still wouldn’t beat City.

17 goals in 11 games is just on a different level didnt a few on here doubt him. I like watching him he is almost a throw back to proper CF but he is so strong and so quick and has real talent could be witnessing the rise of the greatest player to play the game at his age he could achieve anything
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #3140: Oct 02, 2022 10:25:46 pm
      Well that's obvious.

So basically midfield getting walked through. A defence struggling to deal with what's thrown at them and a not fully functioning attack.

There's your starter for ten!

I'll say this in a manner you're familiar with:
      Are you sitting comfortably? OK let's begin..We're going to look at what the original post was...through one of the windows...through the round window. Once upon a time there was a post on the LFC Reds web portal. The poster suggested Liverpool's current malaise was due to the absence of Sadio Mane. I replied that could not be true.
      Then into the story came a noisy dragon from Huyton who started talking some magic words about "The midfield...Defence...Sta rters for ten" at which point the story had become so clouded that everyone got sad and went home......Until the following Tuesday night when a team of mighty redmen again shone in the night sky.

Have a good night
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #3141: Oct 02, 2022 10:43:52 pm
      Could the players just think, f**k we got within a point last season, these City cu*ts go out and buy Haaland who is banging them in for fun and the lads have just said to themselves, what hope have we f**king got? What's the point?

Sort them out Boss ASAP!

Very good point must have been absolutely gutting to get so close last season and end up with just the the two pots ,mentally and physically must of shot them to pieces and I really don’t think they have recovered I really don’t ,such a massive amount of games for the lads to play .
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #3142: Oct 02, 2022 10:51:39 pm
      Very good point must have been absolutely gutting to get so close last season and end up with just the the two pots ,mentally and physically must of shot them to pieces and I really don’t think they have recovered I really don’t ,such a massive amount of games for the lads to play .
      Iv'e said this before, but do you think they can turn this "last season trauma" on and off collectively at will? How else do you explain the charity shield or Bournemouth or Ajax performances...OK Bournemouth were sh*te, but we didn't look shot to pieces, and the record scoreline would seem to back that up.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2022 11:38:11 pm by Longy-Shops »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,969 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3143: Oct 03, 2022 06:26:27 am
      17 goals in 11 games is just on a different level didnt a few on here doubt him. I like watching him he is almost a throw back to proper CF but he is so strong and so quick and has real talent could be witnessing the rise of the greatest player to play the game at his age he could achieve anything

Your absolutely right Walt a few of you lot doubt  but wouldn’t be surprised if they have now changed their minds. Or probably just say nothing.  ;D Some may still not be convinced as it’s really hard to believe what we’re all witnessing.

Shearer will be shitting himself because if he stays in our league his record will be there for the taking such is the class of City.

We may well in years to come and put him in the bracket of Ronaldo- Messi - Rush - hand of god - Mbappe- De Bruyne - Best and all the rest that we could put in our top ten.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3144: Oct 03, 2022 11:34:03 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,170 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3145: Oct 03, 2022 04:33:55 pm

From Leicester and writes about wrestling.

Why is anyone taking him seriously?
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3146: Oct 03, 2022 04:36:21 pm

Because he has made valid points. Sorry he's not from Liverpool. Really sorry. Only Scousers are allowed to support Liverpool. Gosh, what was the rest of us thinking turning the club in to a global brand?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3147: Oct 03, 2022 04:42:26 pm

What points do you disagree with?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,170 posts | 8548 
      Reply #3148: Oct 03, 2022 04:44:39 pm
      Because he has made valid points. Sorry he's not from Liverpool. Really sorry. Only Scousers are allowed to support Liverpool. Gosh, what was the rest of us thinking turning the club in to a global brand?

I was on more about him being a wrestling writer. How do you take that seriously?

F**k all to do with scousers or whatever you're F***ing bitching about now.

Do you have permo PMT?
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #3149: Oct 03, 2022 04:46:52 pm
      I was on more about him being a wrestling writer. How do you take that seriously?

F**k all to do with scousers or whatever you're f**king bitching about now.

Do you have permo PMT?

Him being from Leicester has nothing to do with him writing about wrestling.

You know what you was getting at. I don't expect you to double down. Cheers
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3150: Oct 03, 2022 04:52:46 pm
      Only Scousers are allowed to support Liverpool.

You say that quoting a wool so I highly doubt that was HR's point at all.

Quick Reply