Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 431292 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3634: Nov 11, 2022 06:05:57 pm
      No Klopp on sidelines tomorrow
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #3635: Nov 11, 2022 06:56:45 pm

I knew once they appealed they’d win. When did they ever appeal Fergie or Pep, or any other manager. I still think it stinks, but if it’s a level playing field, I can accept it more. Please Jürgen don’t change!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #3636: Nov 11, 2022 06:59:38 pm
      Was surprised he first got away without any touchline ban so I’m not surprised they appealed and he got a one match ban
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #3637: Nov 11, 2022 07:01:55 pm
      Old man's nonce club doing their dirty work again. F**k the FA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3638: Nov 11, 2022 07:17:00 pm
      Its hard not to believe the FA are either corrupt or incompetent or maybe both.
      So shouldnt we know who this independent panel consists of and surely this cannot be right on the eve of a game.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #3639: Nov 11, 2022 07:25:48 pm
      I knew once they appealed they’d win. When did they ever appeal Fergie or Pep, or any other manager. I still think it stinks, but if it’s a level playing field, I can accept it more. Please Jürgen don’t change!

Is this the first time they have appealed a decision? I had been trying to remember another occasion but couldn't.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #3640: Nov 11, 2022 07:57:43 pm
      Would be interested to know how many of these the FA appeal and of those which ones throw out a decision on the eve of a game.

I don't have a problem with the punishment but the manner of it yes. That and the fact Pep got away with anything and everything in the same match.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #3641: Nov 11, 2022 08:06:34 pm
      Would be interested to know how many of these the FA appeal and of those which ones throw out a decision on the eve of a game.

I don't have a problem with the punishment but the manner of it yes. That and the fact Pep got away with anything and everything in the same match.

The FA appeal anytime there isn’t any sort of ban apparently- they have also appealed where a red card is overturned etc

It sort makes the point of having an independent body irrelevant
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3642: Nov 12, 2022 08:34:42 am
      Usual biased against LFC by the FA
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #3643: Nov 12, 2022 10:33:10 am
      I like Jürgen's comments today about the proposed new investment into the club. My thinking is he went to the owners said he wanted Bellingham and they agree but need new money to achieve this😉
      Harrisimo

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #3644: Nov 13, 2022 12:57:07 pm
      Klopp only has 7 players going to World Cup. VVD,Trent, Alisson,Fabinho,Konate,Nunez and Henderson. We will be based in Dubai, capital of United Arab Emirates. For warm weather training. Think a friendly against AC Milan is on the cards

It's only 35 minutes or so flying time across the Persian Gulf to Doha the capital of Qatar, where the World cup is being held. So Klopp and his team could nip over for a game or two. If any of the 7 players countries get knocked out they can easily nip over to Dubai to warm down etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.0760224,55.2274879,7z

p.s. it will be pissing down in the UK for the next 6 weeks..

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3645: Nov 13, 2022 11:24:03 pm
      I like Jürgen's comments today about the proposed new investment into the club. My thinking is he went to the owners said he wanted Bellingham and they agree but need new money to achieve this😉

If Jürgen went to the owners (as if they dont talk all the time anyway) it wouldnt be to say he wants this one player. It would be about a longer-term vision and how he sees the team/squad shaping up for the next few seasons.. so much more involved in planning.than just targeting one high-profile player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3646: Dec 09, 2022 06:30:14 pm
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #3647: Dec 24, 2022 02:46:34 pm
      I am hearing a lot how we have to adapt to the other teams tactics during - mainly at the start of the game. Which means we probably aren’t making them adapt to ours. Never heard Jürgen talk quite so negatively about us.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 666 
      Reply #3648: Dec 24, 2022 04:06:37 pm
      I am hearing a lot how we have to adapt to the other teams tactics during - mainly at the start of the game. Which means we probably aren’t making them adapt to ours. Never heard Jürgen talk quite so negatively about us.
      Not a criticism of any note...But I'd prefer if he didn't say how Man City are the best team in the World so often.... How is that supposed to make us feel any better?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3649: Dec 25, 2022 12:09:43 pm
      Not a criticism of any note...But I'd prefer if he didn't say how Man City are the best team in the World so often.... How is that supposed to make us feel any better?

Because he’s simply being honest, with the media at least, he’ll be saying different things front of his squad, players aren’t daft, nor f***in blind, they will respect City as a opponent the same as the other teams we come up against, but no one is invincible not even City, or RM or any of the top European giants,

everyone we face we have 50% chance of beating, so that’s half the battle right there, the other half is made up of attitude, team spirit, tactical nous and using the talents you have at your disposal and getting the absolute optimum performance from them, oh and maybe a slice of Lady Luck here & there .

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 666 
      Reply #3650: Dec 26, 2022 11:02:07 am

Because he’s simply being honest, with the media at least, he’ll be saying different things front of his squad, players aren’t daft, nor f***in blind, they will respect City as a opponent the same as the other teams we come up against, but no one is invincible not even City, or RM or any of the top European giants,

everyone we face we have 50% chance of beating, so that’s half the battle right there, the other half is made up of attitude, team spirit, tactical nous and using the talents you have at your disposal and getting the absolute optimum performance from them, oh and maybe a slice of Lady Luck here & there .

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      Fair enough, but if I'm in the Man City camp reading or hearing We're the best team in the World from an opposition manager, that would be quite a tonic, and almost a borderline acceptance of inferiority from who said it. I defend his right to say whatever he likes...It just grates a bit when you hear it...again what's the point?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3651: Dec 26, 2022 11:43:51 am
      Fair enough, but if I'm in the Man City camp reading or hearing We're the best team in the World from an opposition manager, that would be quite a tonic, and almost a borderline acceptance of inferiority from who said it. I defend his right to say whatever he likes...It just grates a bit when you hear it...again what's the point?

Thing is with Jürgen what he tells the media , and what he tells our troops will be polar opposite, it’s quite obvious by our performances against them we don’t see ourselves as inferior.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3652: Jan 02, 2023 07:45:06 pm
      We have Been horrendous all season losing to Leeds, Forest and Brentford.

Needs to have a rethink of his tactics if we don’t have the players to play with intensity then adjust the tactics and stop stinking the place out.

That includes the back room staff with the number of injuries we are getting.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #3653: Jan 02, 2023 07:53:53 pm
      We have Been horrendous all season losing to Leeds, Forest and Brentford.

Needs to have a rethink of his tactics if we don’t have the players to play with intensity then adjust the tactics and stop stinking the place out.

That includes the back room staff with the number of injuries we are getting.

Completely agree tactically seems to be a one trick pony at the moment, even if he changed tactics & we're still poor least I'd go fair play were just crap
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #3654: Jan 02, 2023 08:01:35 pm
      Not a clear foul at all Boss. Sometimes just got to take medicine
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #3655: Jan 02, 2023 08:12:43 pm
      it feels like we've gone back to when he first came in. without the ball we are absolutely dreadful. i dont know whether this is by design or what but it sure as hell isnt working.....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3656: Jan 02, 2023 10:16:46 pm
      I’m not ready to take Klopp to task, no one else I’d rather have to get us out of this mess, but surely he’s gotta change something up? We seem to be failing in the same way over and over again. 

Quick Reply