Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 440630 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3933: Jan 16, 2023 04:18:25 pm
      I don't know that anyone ever counted on Ox. I'm not sure why people even include him. Seems like a nice kid, but he's not made much of an impact since he's been at Liverpool. Keita played better and was a little more available last year, but Fab, Hendo and Thiago were the midfield that most of us thought would start and would be viable. So far, Hendo and Fab look like different players altogether. Like I said...if your average Joe saw potential issues, I'm not sure why Klopp and his staff wouldn't have.

Ox has played a number of times over the years and before his injury scored a number of key goals during the run to the CL final but injuries have ruined his time here especially that knee injury

Kieta played a lot of games last year and the manager may well have looked to count on him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #3934: Jan 16, 2023 04:20:46 pm

Ox has played a number of times over the years and before his injury scored a number of key goals during the run to the CL final but injuries have ruined his time here especially that knee injury

Kieta played a lot of games last year and the manager may well have looked to count on him

If Klopp really expected Keita to finally stay fit I think that's an oversight. Not one person other than him ever assumed that would happen. If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck......
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #3935: Jan 16, 2023 04:24:24 pm
      If Klopp really expected Keita to finally stay fit I think that's an oversight. Not one person other than him ever assumed that would happen. If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck......

That’s the same Klopp that was prob looking to extend his contract because he rates him 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #3936: Jan 16, 2023 04:28:26 pm
      That’s the same Klopp that was prob looking to extend his contract because he rates him 🤷‍♂️

Yea...well thank God he didn't eh? You do know that everything Klopp doesn't isn't the right move? And in spite of the fact that sometimes he's wrong, we can still all love him and think he's the only person for the job.

I love my mom but I don't agree with half the sh*t she says or does. Doesn't mean I want rid of her. And just because she's older and in some ways wiser, doesn't mean she's above questioning. Same with Klopp...until we win every game, every trophy, then I suppose he's not perfect.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #3937: Jan 16, 2023 04:34:10 pm
      Yea...well thank God he didn't eh? You do know that everything Klopp doesn't isn't the right move? And in spite of the fact that sometimes he's wrong, we can still all love him and think he's the only person for the job.

I love my mom but I don't agree with half the sh*t she says or does. Doesn't mean I want rid of her. And just because she's older and in some ways wiser, doesn't mean she's above questioning. Same with Klopp...until we win every game, every trophy, then I suppose he's not perfect.

Who said he was perfect 🤷‍♂️

You wanted to know why he thought he could rely on Keita - because he likes him as a player

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #3938: Jan 16, 2023 04:53:31 pm
      Who said he was perfect 🤷‍♂️

You wanted to know why he thought he could rely on Keita - because he likes him as a player

Liking him as a player isn't a reason to rely on him. You rely on things that are dependable, not things that you like. If you find something you like that's dependable, then you've got something.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,153 posts | 717 
      Reply #3939: Jan 16, 2023 05:23:13 pm

All mothers are wiser than their sons
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #3940: Jan 16, 2023 07:23:50 pm

Echo sport gossip section reporting talks have broken down and he's expected to leave on a free in the summer.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3941: Jan 16, 2023 07:25:11 pm
      Echo sport gossip section reporting talks have broken down and he's expected to leave on a free in the summer.

Hope so. There is zero point in keeping him when he’s not fit for long enough.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #3942: Jan 16, 2023 07:29:55 pm

Yeah I’m not surprised- suspect the contract had a number of clauses and prob wasn’t that long
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #3943: Jan 16, 2023 07:45:48 pm
      Yeah I’m not surprised- suspect the contract had a number of clauses and prob wasn’t that long

Pay cut due to risk of lack of playing time . As long as same rule applied to  others then fine
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #3944: Jan 16, 2023 07:47:57 pm
      Pay cut due to risk of lack of playing time . As long as same rule applied to  others then fine

It prob would have been something along those lines
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #3945: Jan 16, 2023 08:15:16 pm

Plus if we're hopefully busy in the summer, we need to free up a few spaces in the squad.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #3946: Jan 16, 2023 08:20:05 pm
      Plus if we're hopefully busy in the summer, we need to free up a few spaces in the squad.

Certainly going to have some free spaces

2 HG players and 3 Non HG

Ox
      Milner

Arhur
      Adrian
      Keita

Have to get those HG spots filled
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,153 posts | 717 
      Reply #3947: Jan 16, 2023 09:14:45 pm
      Boss quoted saying we need to get back to basics....in other words: Try giving a F*ck
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,680 posts | 3356 
      Reply #3948: Jan 16, 2023 09:42:36 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2689 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3949: Jan 16, 2023 10:05:54 pm

He comes over so well which is why I’ve always like him despite managing you lot! His handling of the press puts him in very good stead. To think some of you not happy with him.   :o  If Ted Hag fails I’ll take him at OT.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6342 
      Reply #3950: Jan 16, 2023 10:39:16 pm
      Boss quoted saying we need to get back to basics....in other words: Try giving a F*ck

I don’t know that basics is enough. We really need our team to be the dominant team they once were or top four is gone (it it isn’t already).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #3951: Jan 16, 2023 10:55:58 pm
      He comes over so well which is why I’ve always like him despite managing you lot! His handling of the press puts him in very good stead. To think some of you not happy with him.   :o  If Ted Hag fails I’ll take him at OT.

On here I wouldn't say some, it's mostly one with the ironic username!!

Social media wise it's the spoilt armchair fans and the want it all now generation cryarsing.

Majority having a go are questioning tactics, performance levels which is fair and a lot of frustration after another poor performance.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #3952: Jan 16, 2023 11:49:11 pm
      The Boss is right in that we need to get back putting in the hard yards, work, press, high energy. The basics in other words.

Tactically I think most of us think the high line has to be looked at. We're leaving the back door wide open and it's not just top teams getting at us - it's every bleedin' team.

He said in a post match interview we were playing a 3-5-2....and added he wanted Trent to even get higher. But Brighton ran through us at will. A genuine 3-5-2 might've helped but I can't understand why he said that. If we carry on with the high line I think there could be more pain. Previously we had the energy and the press to play the high line but every team is now set up to exploit it.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,190 posts | 1205 
      Reply #3953: Jan 17, 2023 12:13:05 am
      The boss has been too loyal to too many players and that faith has not been repaid, to varying degrees, and it's culminated in a bit of a sh*t show for which he is copping all of the flak. Not really fair IMO.

I remember the days when you could say give a manager two or three seasons to sort things out, as they deserve a fair crack of the whip even if they weren't proven all that much, never mind one as successful as Jürgen.

Now it's all a matter of months before change is mooted in a whirlwind of sh*te created by the media, picked up and spread online. That's not how we do things. Jürgen has tried to do the right thing, it hasn't worked, he deserves a chance to fix it. F*ck me if you caught me after the title win I would have said he could stay indefinitely and even if we were to play in the Europa League for five years in a row his credit would probably take him that far. Don't literally mean that but I'm a lot closer to that than thinking his time here is done because some knobhead draws a purely coincidental parallel with his last season at Dortmund.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,153 posts | 717 
      Reply #3954: Jan 17, 2023 12:38:37 am
      Everybody has been caught out by the speed this collapse has come about...Everyone, Klopp, the players, the ownership, the media and all the supporters...there was little to no clues at the end of last season which could have prepared us to what we are all witnessing now. In fact it was quite the opposite, less than half a season ago we were fractions away from winning the whole lot. We naturally enough started the season in the belief another fight for the top prizes would be on the cards. The Charity shield, we battered City...all good.... none of us were worried about the midfield...or defence....or attack, we were in good shape and ready to go.
      Then Fulham, and we think that must be an off day....then Palace, Everton etc etc. and before too long we are a total dogs dinner unable to even give Brighton a game. There hasn't been a turnaround, if anything we look worse each game. We all know the mitigation, injuries, ownership....but the scale of the problem is new to everyone. We have to trust, that the players available start to understand their responsibilities to the club, they in the end are the only ones who can dig us out of this embarrassing quagmire.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3955: Jan 17, 2023 01:12:34 am
      Everybody has been caught out by the speed this collapse has come about...Everyone, Klopp, the players, the ownership, the media and all the supporters...there was little to no clues at the end of last season which could have prepared us to what we are all witnessing now. In fact it was quite the opposite, less than half a season ago we were fractions away from winning the whole lot. We naturally enough started the season in the belief another fight for the top prizes would be on the cards. The Charity shield, we battered City...all good.... none of us were worried about the midfield...or defence....or attack, we were in good shape and ready to go.
      Then Fulham, and we think that must be an off day....then Palace, Everton etc etc. and before too long we are a total dogs dinner unable to even give Brighton a game. There hasn't been a turnaround, if anything we look worse each game. We all know the mitigation, injuries, ownership....but the scale of the problem is new to everyone. We have to trust, that the players available start to understand their responsibilities to the club, they in the end are the only ones who can dig us out of this embarrassing quagmire.

But even last season the signs were appearing. Salah lost his form just after the new year and we seemed to go a goal down every game but back then we managed to claw it back. Now we don’t.

It’s not much that needs changing imo. We nearly won the quadruple last season and a few midfielders and I think we can start to dominate games again.

Midfield is key to our system. If that fails the defence looks vulnerable and the strikers get no support. More so than other teams because of our high press.

Getting new the right midfielders is key. They have to stay fit and have an engine. Melo and keita and ox are the opposite of what we need. We basically need mascherano and alonso. Finding them at the right price is the tricky part.

Quick Reply